Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:59:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth alt coin thread I forgot to mod last thread.  (Read 80157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:45:22 AM

sneak peak of my new tool for managing rigs

keys

-dont need to install any tools or programs on the remote pc
-it uses the default Administrator account to access any box on your network via IP address
-you have to have a password for the account which as you see in the picture
-you have to ether open ports on the  firewall to allow it to work or do this below :

Open the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in (gpedit.msc) to edit the Group Policy object (GPO)
that is used to manage Windows Firewall settings in your organization. Open Computer Configuration, open
 Administrative Templates
, open Network
, open Network Connections
, open Windows Firewall,
 and then open either
Standard Profile,
Enable the following exception:
"Allow Remote Administration Exception"
I miggt come up with a powershell script to do the above but im not that good at PS, if somone else has input on this would be helpful.

This app will basically copy any local files from the machine its run on to any computer in your network , reboot the miner
create the shortcuts for the start.bat , basically hands free and no need to run stuff from a 3rd party on your box.

I'm also adding the option to manage ccminer and other miners the same way, just enter in your new startup file name , its location and destination and boom
switch to mining something new.

You do have to modify your own batch files, of course.

Also you  can manage as many machines you  with a list of IP addresses in a text box

That is pretty f'n Marvell-ous!

Keep us posted please =]
yup i will i'll finish my testing in a few days , right now its working flawlessly on my 20 rigs , saving me sooo much time

I can imagine, you're running double my rigs and I get fed up logging in and out of each one lol.

Would your program be able to monitor temps and all that or what are you currently using for that?

Happy coding
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 06:30:30 AM

I haven't been holding, as im a poor boy and spend my BTC regularly to get by.

But I am holding onto:
0.0125BTC (plus the 0.033 yobit still owes me on the sig campaign once they reload the hotwallet)
0.188 LTC
0.0 ETH I never trusted it from day one
0.0 ETC I bought, and sold when it went 3x
0.0 BCH I sold at the peak when first received;  I think 0.33?  Then bought at .01, and sold at the double-up. (maybe theres an extra zero to be placed at the decimal?  but I think im remembering right...)

and given the recent prices: a metric crapton of BUB.   I've made tons off bubble when it was regularly trading for 0.00004000; my sells were for 0.00015-0.00020... I just put a sell order and waited for the pumps that surely came.  I even went as far as to look at historical info, and put an insane bid on the entire stock of coins it could have... lol.  It only ties up 1.1mBTC...

The next time I see the whole alt market go -50% again, I hope I have the spare BTC to invest more than I did this time around.  None of my crapcoin picks went negative... so im kind of kicking myself for not having more BTC to buy in.... the bounceback only took ~3 days this time around......  So this is definitely a good sign for trading.

Now;  These BTC futures traders:   This is where us common folk are going to get run up the ringer....  
Without regulation.. imagine whats going to happen to people whom try to play along with the whales.....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
VyprBTC

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:44:28 AM

I haven't been holding, as im a poor boy and spend my BTC regularly to get by.

But I am holding onto:
0.0125BTC (plus the 0.033 yobit still owes me on the sig campaign once they reload the hotwallet)
0.188 LTC
0.0 ETH I never trusted it from day one
0.0 ETC I bought, and sold when it went 3x
0.0 BCH I sold at the peak when first received;  I think 0.33?  Then bought at .01, and sold at the double-up. (maybe theres an extra zero to be placed at the decimal?  but I think im remembering right...)

and given the recent prices: a metric crapton of BUB.   I've made tons off bubble when it was regularly trading for 0.00004000; my sells were for 0.00015-0.00020... I just put a sell order and waited for the pumps that surely came.  I even went as far as to look at historical info, and put an insane bid on the entire stock of coins it could have... lol.  It only ties up 1.1mBTC...

The next time I see the whole alt market go -50% again, I hope I have the spare BTC to invest more than I did this time around.  None of my crapcoin picks went negative... so im kind of kicking myself for not having more BTC to buy in.... the bounceback only took ~3 days this time around......  So this is definitely a good sign for trading.

Now;  These BTC futures traders:   This is where us common folk are going to get run up the ringer....  
Without regulation.. imagine whats going to happen to people whom try to play along with the whales.....

I actively trade S&P e-mini and not afraid at all.

I transferred over those couple BTC to get my feet wet in trading but TBH - I'm deathly afraid for some reason so that's why my coins have just been sitting and I didn't buy a single thing. I just haven't done the research to feel it. looking at the charts they are just all over the place. My standard entry and exit points never line up so it's like a crap shoot for me, but looking back, hell I should have just dumped it into literally anything almost lol.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:46:49 AM

sneak peak of my new tool for managing rigs

keys

-dont need to install any tools or programs on the remote pc
-it uses the default Administrator account to access any box on your network via IP address
-you have to have a password for the account which as you see in the picture
-you have to ether open ports on the  firewall to allow it to work or do this below :

Open the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in (gpedit.msc) to edit the Group Policy object (GPO)
that is used to manage Windows Firewall settings in your organization. Open Computer Configuration, open
 Administrative Templates
, open Network
, open Network Connections
, open Windows Firewall,
 and then open either
Standard Profile,
Enable the following exception:
"Allow Remote Administration Exception"
I miggt come up with a powershell script to do the above but im not that good at PS, if somone else has input on this would be helpful.

This app will basically copy any local files from the machine its run on to any computer in your network , reboot the miner
create the shortcuts for the start.bat , basically hands free and no need to run stuff from a 3rd party on your box.

I'm also adding the option to manage ccminer and other miners the same way, just enter in your new startup file name , its location and destination and boom
switch to mining something new.

You do have to modify your own batch files, of course.

Also you  can manage as many machines you  with a list of IP addresses in a text box

That is pretty f'n Marvell-ous!

Keep us posted please =]
yup i will i'll finish my testing in a few days , right now its working flawlessly on my 20 rigs , saving me sooo much time

I can imagine, you're running double my rigs and I get fed up logging in and out of each one lol.

Would your program be able to monitor temps and all that or what are you currently using for that?

Happy coding

Yeah its anoying as hell ,  main reason why i'm doing this.  For temps I just use claymore's ethman,
I cant see any reason to add that functionality since I have to pay to use claymore anyways , he might as well earn his $$ lol
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:19:55 AM

@marvell2  Im working on a command level batch utilizing powershell commands to make a batch file update itself and any other apps remotely;  which is along the same lines of what you are trying to accomplish...   But doing things recursively in dos;  is much harder than with workflow type languages like C, powershell native, etc....  Ill admit, I havent touched the project in a while, and need to get on it.   When its finished, it will all be public use code;  so ill give you a heads up when it reaches something that I consider worthy of sharing.

The ability to remotely install a miner from scratch on a machine would be nice;  and I think it could be done using the $C type shares as long as you have login credentials for the machine you are sending it to.   Since Windows 7, they have locked down the "$" shares;  but over the past few months I have been able to get into them again.... so I think its very possible to do it....  You just have to make sure the machine when it has its OS clean installed, to have network file share access enabled; and you have Admin rights in tat machine's user credentials you use to connect with.   

If im not mistaken, you are tying to automate the setup of the miner on the machine in this way, right?

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:37:19 AM

@marvell2

WOW man - your project looks like a winner - looking fwd to your project!

Currently my Nvidia 1080ti farm is mining at ahashpool.com with Sniffdog doing its stuff.
Thanks @moondoggie for the Sniffdog recommendation - seems that this dog is more stable than nemos and mphminer.

The rest of the slaves are mining away at Monero/All AMD GPUs and ZEC/P106,1070,1070ti

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:42:35 AM

@marvell2  Im working on a command level batch utilizing powershell commands to make a batch file update itself and any other apps remotely;  which is along the same lines of what you are trying to accomplish...   But doing things recursively in dos;  is much harder than with workflow type languages like C, powershell native, etc....  Ill admit, I havent touched the project in a while, and need to get on it.   When its finished, it will all be public use code;  so ill give you a heads up when it reaches something that I consider worthy of sharing.

The ability to remotely install a miner from scratch on a machine would be nice;  and I think it could be done using the $C type shares as long as you have login credentials for the machine you are sending it to.   Since Windows 7, they have locked down the "$" shares;  but over the past few months I have been able to get into them again.... so I think its very possible to do it....  You just have to make sure the machine when it has its OS clean installed, to have network file share access enabled; and you have Admin rights in tat machine's user credentials you use to connect with.    

If im not mistaken, you are tying to automate the setup of the miner on the machine in this way, right?

@JaredKaragen yup that was my first line of attack , powershell scripts and such , my brother is a windows admin and i asked him to help me with it but like all admins hes lazy af so basically six months nothing to show for it , so the last few weekends me being
a 10 year .NET guy with very minimal experience  with administrator stuff I decided to tackle it from an application side instead of pure scripting since I like user interfaces and buttons that just do stuff rather than command line.

-Regarding shares thats what he recomeded as well but I didnt want to do all that I wanted to be able to access the root \\c$ or whatever driver UNC shares using the local admin account via username and password and I have pretty much got all that done
the only real challenge left is opening ports in windows firewall via script rather than doing it manually the way I have to do it right now on every  machine.  Or just disabling windows firewall completly which i do not want to do.

-Yes im mostly automating the setup of the pools and and changing the current pool on the remote machines, lol I never considered 1 click deployment of new machines   Grin Grin Grin  , I suppose I can add that as a feature ,  right now all I am doing is the following

-stopping the current miner exe file.

- replacing the config.txt, start.bat , dpools.txt and epools.txt on the remote box with the local copy from the machine my tool is running from

- creating a new shortcut if it does not exist to the startup folder, I do this so that its generic and you can pick any startup file name , since other miners have different bat files etc
I could easily expand this to copy down the whole folder instead of specific files , that is probably actually easier than what I am doing lol

- want to also be able to start the miner directly without having to reboot , not had much time to work on that.

-rebooting the machine after all this is done , since sometimes you get crashes when you switch from equihash to eth or

- one big thing i will do too is have the miner also start cpu mining in the background , right now i have to start the CPU miners manually , and alot of times i forget

@citronick
thanks , its already saved me some time so I'm sure other windows users will find it when I can work out the bugs

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:18:20 AM

100k would be insane. You really believe that Citronick?

Everthing is insane.... anything can happen.

Do you believe that this is current price of BTC and alts as of this hour, minute....

BTC 16k
DASH 953$
ETH 730$
LTC 305$
XMR 326$

20/20 hindsight is an Iron Maiden (not the band, the original torture device).

I could easily have afforded to buy 8-10 bitcoin back when it was under $300, and had I held onto it (instead of spending it on mining gear)....

Oh well, not like I'm HURTING at the moment. The jump in Litecoin the last couple days finally pushed my A2 farm higher in profitability than their peak under Nicehash, much less their previous peak back before the L3 showed up.

Bitcoin at 100k?
 Probably just a matter of time - though I wouldn't bet on NEXT year, I would bet it gets there before 2028 - if it still exists at all by that point.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:51:04 AM

100k would be insane. You really believe that Citronick?

Do you believe that this is current price of BTC and alts as of this hour, minute....

BTC 16k
DASH 953$
ETH 730$
LTC 305$
XMR 326$

I could easily have afforded to buy 8-10 bitcoin back when it was under $300, and had I held onto it (instead of spending it on mining gear)....

Oh well, not like I'm HURTING at the moment. The jump in Litecoin the last couple days finally pushed my A2 farm higher in profitability than their peak under Nicehash, much less their previous peak back before the L3 showed up.

Bitcoin at 100k?
 Probably just a matter of time - though I wouldn't bet on NEXT year, I would bet it gets there before 2028 - if it still exists at all by that point.

I was about to trash my D3 into the South China seas..... but with DASH this good - all the cubes are hashing away mining DASH.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:07:35 PM

URGENT:

I need to send a few spare fans for Avalon 741s (should be the same as what S9s uses too).

Is there a part number or local suppliers around the Labrador area / Amazon / NewEgg etc.

I can get these parts from Canaan but that will take time.

Any help or ideas welcomed.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:07:52 PM

So, with that said, there are 2 statements coming from this article (and others) that could be construed as having completely different meanings in regard to the $20k rule.  Now granted, I know this is only from 2013-2015, when i didn't trade any BTC, but I am going under the assumption that the same materiality threshold will be put in place for this and subsequent years, which is what has me concerned.

http://fortune.com/2017/07/10/bitcoin-irs-coinbase/

- excerpt #1: "...only for those accounts that engaged in transactions worth $20,000 or more."
to me, this verbiage indicates the $20k threshold refers to a single transaction. Meaning, like you explain, if you have say 15 sells of BTC to USD for $2k each and spread out over time, you would have $30k total but would not be part of the record forwarding since all single transactions were well under that $20k amount.

- excerpt #2: "to users with “at least the equivalent of $20,000 in any one transaction type (buy, sell, send, or receive) in any one year during the 2013-15 period.”
To me, this could mean that if you sold a SUM TOTAL of $20k+ of BTC for fiat through CB, you would be subject to the record forwarding.

So, to me it comes down to the difference between "transaction", which clearly indicates a single action... vs "transaction type", which really seems like it could mean a sum total of that transaction type. 

It is also a bit strange that they include buy send and receive because none of those inherently indicate a tax liability. Typically, one would only incur a potential liability if they sold BTC to fiat at a gain over their basis in that BTC.  Now of course it's different if you are actually mining BTC because all of that would be subject to taxed, but that's gotta be a minor # of people compared to overall users of BTC.

Anyone have further insight on this?  I suppose I could write to CB support for further clarification.

Per Coinbase's statement on their site about this, I am inclined to think it is the "$20,000 of one TYPE of transaction in a year", not "if it had any single transaction over $20,000".

Doesn't affect me as I've not done $20,000 business with Coinbase in any given year, and am deliberately working to avoid getting there.

What the IRS wants is info that MIGHT indicate a POTENTIAL tax liability, they don't care about ALL the facts being reported or they'd require BROKERAGES to fill out that entire form about stock trades, not just the "sale" part even when the stock was BOUGHT via the same brokerage.

It also appears that Coinbase might still be working to narrow the scope of the subpoena even more - and that the JUDGE is taking their "invasion of privacy" concerns seriously.

WHY THE HELL did the IRS want LOGIN AND PASSWORD information, for example (which HAS already been struck by the JUDGE as being way excessive)....

Noticed a point that clarifies the $20,000 question.

Q–15: Are there IRS information reporting requirements for a person who settles payments made in virtual currency on behalf of merchants that accept virtual currency from their customers?
A–15: Yes, if certain requirements are met. In general, a third party that contracts with a substantial number of unrelated merchants to settle payments between the merchants and their customers is a third party settlement organization (TPSO). A TPSO is required to report payments made to a merchant on a Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, if, for the calendar year, both (1) the number of transactions settled for the merchant exceeds 200, and (2) the gross amount of payments made to the merchant exceeds $20,000.

This indicates that the $20,000 is "per year total of all transactions", as it was probably the basis Coinbase used to force the IRS to narrow their subpoena.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

BTC 16k
DASH 953$
ETH 730$
LTC 305$
XMR 326$

Bitcoin at 100k?

I was about to trash my D3 into the South China seas..... but with DASH this good - all the cubes are hashing away mining DASH.

I almost shut the A2 farm down this spring as it was getting too close to break-even - then the FIRST litecoin price surge hit.
 Sad part - even with the CURRENT price surge, profitability on those machines is only a LITTLE more than it was last week via Nicehash scrypt mining.

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

URGENT:

I need to send a few spare fans for Avalon 741s (should be the same as what S9s uses too).

Is there a part number or local suppliers around the Labrador area / Amazon / NewEgg etc.

if you look on google maps for computers in labrador there is one or two computer repair businesses (dont know if they still operate).  might be worth a call, although I somehow doubt they have those fans in stock, but you never know.  else just do newegg.ca and see shipping options...lol i imagine it can be expensive.
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:35:16 PM

URGENT:

I have 2 old S7s sitting in spare parts at Cryptoboreas. Their fans should be compatible.
I'll email the guys there and tell em they can use the fans from these miners to fix yours.
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8040

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:37:16 PM

Found a really good deal on a solid 1500 watt titanium psu.

Here is the psu on newegg

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182384

a review by jonnyguru

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=501

and here is the deal

start with ebates.com

here is my referral link

ebates.com/r/PHILIP884

you get 1% off ebay purchase

when you get to ebay  the item is

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-TOKAMAK-1500W-Full-Modular-Power-Supply-80-PLUS-TITANIUM-Certified/172974471489?

only 289.99   if you buy 1

and 269.99  if you buy 2

this is a 1500 watt titanium atx psu.

now I got lucky as I also got an ebucks offer today  for 10%  

so at newegg  350 + 350 = 700

ebate to ebay with  all deals is

269.99 + 269.99 = 539.98 -  54 ( 10 % ebucks ) is 485.98

minus 5.40 for 1% ebates is 480.58   minus 2%  (10.80) for paypal mastercard   is 469.78

for 2x 1500 watt atx titanium psu's

really fucking good deal    this unit has

six double headed  pcie cables all 8 pin

it has six cables for   sata and for 4 pin molex

so it works great on the 8 slot ONDA b250 mobos I was selling.

I have 1 in use and ordered 2 today.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:01:02 PM

URGENT:

I have 2 old S7s sitting in spare parts at Cryptoboreas. Their fans should be compatible.
I'll email the guys there and tell em they can use the fans from these miners to fix yours.

Cryptoboreas already replied:
"The S7 fans are underpowered for the Avalons. The old S7 fans are also extremely worn out. "

Your best bet is to search shopbot.ca
or
Go directly to newegg.ca or amazon.ca
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:45:41 PM

So... How long does the bitcoin network take to drop an unconfirmed transaction? One of my transfers I initiated a week ago is still unconfirmed in memory pool...

Viabtc transaction accelerator is chronically overloaded. I tried confirmtx.com but that was just a scam that wasted my time and $4 worth of btc. Avoid like the plague...
VyprBTC

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:54:08 PM

minus 5.40 for 1% ebates is 480.58   minus 2%  (10.80) for paypal mastercard   is 469.78

Damn good deal Phil.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:22:14 PM

URGENT:

These are for my group's A741s at GND.

The older A721s are at Cryptoboreas.

Any part-number description for these fans?

philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8040

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:17:36 PM

Damn good deal Phil.

yeah  and they are really good psu's

better then the evga 1600 g2

close to the evga 1600 p2

evga 1600 g2 is about 370  so 2 are 740
evga  1600 p2 is about 420 so 2 are 840  and sold out asking for more.

corsair 1500 runs 450  so 2 are 900  vs 470  very happy to get this today.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: