Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant X10  (Read 132856 times)
ismurdegus

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:28:01 AM

You are missing the crucial part when replacing the images of the OrangePI. The firmware bin file for the STM chip.

The STM chip has a specific set of algorithms pre-coded into the firmware code. You cannot get around it.

You will have to get the running bin file from a Giant B or X10's STM chip and place it in the "/media/boot/" folder and call it, "G*.bin"

When the miner reboots on the new image of the miner it will compare versions and replace the existing flashed image by entering DFU Mode.

Once updated, it will reenable the hash boards and being mining.

It's doable.

The reason behind that is that the file location and name is here, update_fw.py. Located in the \usr\bin folder.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import subprocess
import os
import sys
from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
import fcntl
import time
import glob
tmpfile = '/home/baikal/tmp.bin'
path = '/media/boot/G*.bin'
fwfile = glob.glob(path)
if not fwfile:
print 'No firmware'
sys.exit()

USBDEVFS_RESET= 21780

# enter dfu mode
def enter_dfumode():
  subprocess.call('echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA18/data', shell=True)
  subprocess.call('echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data', shell=True)
  subprocess.call('echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data', shell=True)

def exit_dfumode():
  subprocess.call('echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA18/data', shell=True)
  subprocess.call('echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data', shell=True)
  subprocess.call('echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data', shell=True)

def reset_usb(driver):
  try:
    lsusb_out = Popen("lsusb | grep -i %s"%driver, shell=True, bufsize=64, stdin=PIPE, stdout=PIPE, close_fds=True).stdout.read().strip().split()
    bus = lsusb_out[1]
    device = lsusb_out[3][:-1]
    f = open("/dev/bus/usb/%s/%s"%(bus, device), 'w', os.O_WRONLY)
    fcntl.ioctl(f, USBDEVFS_RESET, 0)
  except Exception, msg:
    print ""

def update_firmware():
  enter_dfumode()
  reset_usb("DFU")
  print 'Downloading... ' + fwfile[0]
  cmd = 'sudo dfu-util -a 0 -d 0483:df11 -s 0x08000000:leave -D ' + fwfile[0]
  subprocess.call(cmd, shell=True)
  cmd = 'sudo rm -rf ' + path
  subprocess.call(cmd, shell=True)

enter_dfumode()
reset_usb("STM32F407")
reset_usb("DFU")
update_firmware()
exit_dfumode()

print "Done"

I am not an expert like you, but looks we are talking about the same thing.
The control board with the ST chip must be re-programmed.

I have 2 x OrangePI and 1 x Control board for spare.

pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:37:26 AM

There are 3 parts inside the Bikal miner

1) OrangePi
2) Control Board
3) Hashing boards

Can you try swapping the OrangePi and Control Board and leaving the hashing boards the same between the x10 and Giant B?

@ismurdegus, have you tried this yet? See if it's just the control board determining the algo's, if it works, then maybe all you need to do is clone the control board to switch between the X10 and Giant B.
TheCubanMiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:44:23 AM

1) OrangePi
2) Control Board
3) Hashing boards

Can you try swapping the OrangePi and Control Board and leaving the hashing boards the same between the x10 and Giant B?

@ismurdegus, have you tried this yet? See if it's just the control board determining the algo's, if it works, then maybe all you need to do is clone the control board to switch between the X10 and Giant B.

I will send you the link to the Giant B and X10 firmwares shortly.

If you want to try and see if you can run the GB setup feel free.
Obviously you do this and could risk damaging something.

If you decide to do this, limit your risk. By using your spare board and spare Orange Pi to be safe

• Download the GB Image from Baikal
  • Flash a spare SDcard with the Giant b image
  • Place the GB firmware bin file in the folder “/media/boot/“
  • Inster SD Card in OrangePi
  • Rebuild miner and boot up

If everything we understand about the miner is true, that they are the same hardware, just with different firmwares, you would have effectively been the first known individual that has successfully transitioned the miner if all goes well.

TheCubanMiner

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:51:56 AM

Here is the GB firmware.

https://uploadfiles.io/4y950

The file name must start with the letter G.

Example GB.bin
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:14:25 AM

1) OrangePi
2) Control Board
3) Hashing boards

I will send you the link to the Giant B and X10 firmwares shortly.

If you want to try and see if you can run the GB setup feel free.
Obviously you do this and could risk damaging something.

If you decide to do this, limit your risk. By using your spare board and spare Orange Pi to be safe

• Download the GB Image from Baikal
  • Flash a spare SDcard with the Giant b image
  • Place the GB firmware bin file in the folder “/media/boot/“
  • Inster SD Card in OrangePi
  • Rebuild miner and boot up

If everything we understand about the miner is true, that they are the same hardware, just with different firmwares, you would have effectively been the first known individual that has successfully transitioned the miner if all goes well.

You are over thinking it, all he needs to do is switch over the orangepi and control board and test. That will truely determine if the hashing boards are identical or not between the x10 and Giant B.
TheCubanMiner

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:24:17 AM

Your also assuming their imaged and ready to go.

Either way, lets see. I know we all want to know.
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:57:44 AM

which one is the best coin to mine on X10 nowadays?
fuaimo3

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

I found www.starpool.biz   is setup for maximum profit with the x10. Even when bitcoin dropped heavily was close to 50 a day now of course it's more.

Im not affiliated with them in anyway whatsoever but it's just setup very nice for the x10 and it has 0 pool fees right now. Hubs like MPH have gotten stale with no new coin additions in a long time.
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:54:10 PM

I found www.starpool.biz   is setup for maximum profit with the x10. Even when bitcoin dropped heavily was close to 50 a day now of course it's more.

Im not affiliated with them in anyway whatsoever but it's just setup very nice for the x10 and it has 0 pool fees right now. Hubs like MPH have gotten stale with no new coin additions in a long time.

can you please tell us which algo  you use?
fuaimo3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

can you please tell us which algo  you use?

If you use an x10 put (below) this in your password field on each stratum added (not just one). It will set it up for automatic profit switching. You of course have to add each stratum server individually as there's no multi switch single server.

c=BTC,quark,qubit,myr-gr,x11

make sure to check Extranonce
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:38:46 PM

If you use an x10 put (below) this in your password field on each stratum added (not just one). It will set it up for automatic profit switching. You of course have to add each stratum server individually as there's no multi switch single server.

Hey, can you tell daily earnings in BTC?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:54:30 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 04:22:22 PM by Marvell2

thanks for this , im so done with mph, no xvg no other myrid coins, Ill. check it out right now

ugh they convert to BTC directly , I prefer to mine specific coins and then sell later when price ries

I still would try it

can you send a screen shot of your configuration? I only see options in thier help for gpus
fxkam

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:45:48 PM

Hi all. Has anyone got a x10 CE certificate copy? Customs has stopped it and said that it will not be released and will be destroyed if I wont provide CE certificate.

My Baikal Giant-B is stuck at German customs authority ... and I fear that they will have to send it back to China as the devices miss the CE confirmity declarations.
Did you get your Baikal miner shipped to your place?   Did you get any help from Baikal?

i got my giant x10 without problems

you have to call them and ask what they need.

they need basically:
1. import instruction
2. a proof how much you paid for the miner (baikal put a invoice around 300$)
I don?t think these miners have a CE certificate. I was lucky: Mine got shipped via DHL Express right to my door (Germany).
Have you asked Baikal about a CE certificate? Without one it?ll be pretty difficult. I?m not sure if they are even allowed to let it pass without one.

On arrival, customs immediately opened the package for further review.
Land Niedersachen officials came today to check the device in more depth and rejected the import to Germany due to missing CE marks etc. (Didn't see the check-report which they will provide to DHL).
German customs told me that they won't accept any CE certificates for that device via e-mail etc. anymore as the device itself is missing the labels  Angry.

You should have them check the boards. The boards/ components themselves have the CE marking.

Really?  That's strange as German customs told me that they will check the device - especially the connections and components, etc.
Unfortunately, I didn't receive the final report of the rejected import to see what was the real issue - but it should arrive soon via mail.

Do you know if there are pictures on the www available?

Baikal themselves/himself were/are not really helpful when asking them for CE certificate for 3 ongoing days via Skype  Sad
But customs anyway told me that they would reject such a (faked) CE certificate.

German customs is simply being difficult, as it is probably an "unknown" device to them.
Baikal confirmed they have CE certification, as can be expected considering the CE markings on the components.
Images can be found on www, prefer not to post link here as it refers to a "scam" site. (tried to pm you a link, but it says you cannot accept pm's from newbies)

It does not help, if the components has CE-labels. If you build a device only from parts with CE-Label, the new build up device, needs to have its own CE-Label anyway. This means testing, declaraiton of conformity, technical documentation, and so on.

I have the same problem with my Baikal B. Sad I got no help from Baikal yet, but i'm still trying. @ 'dss1' : could you please pm me a link with images which you mentored?  @ 'pHaTMaN420x' : Could you pm me please? Maybe together we will find faster a solution.    
dss1

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:29:43 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 11:29:44 AM by dss1

Sure, but please don't buy here, it is almost certain a scam!

https://expositos.net/baikal-giant-x10-10gh-asic-dash-coin-miner

See image 10 for example. I'm not sure if the red hashboards have the logo as well, perhaps another member knows this.
Baikal confirmed they have the CE certification for this miner, I've requested a copy of the certificate and will share as soon as I receive it ( if they will send it off course).

EDIT: Baikal responded that they will only send it if you're in the process of importing and need it for customs clearance. So please contact them if this is the case.
darkly spectre

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:57:23 PM

so does it do the same thing as MPH where it changes the algo or it just mines which ever stratum you put as first on the priority list?
fuaimo3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:35:48 PM

so does it do the same thing as MPH where it changes the algo or it just mines which ever stratum you put as first on the priority list?

Yes it changes to the most profitable algo and coin for that algo automatically.

heres a SS for a good setup I mentioned in a diff post what to put in the password of course in the user you put your wallet info

https://imgur.com/a/f8F4H
darkly spectre

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:05:41 PM

Yes it changes to the most profitable algo and coin for that algo automatically.

heres a SS for a good setup I mentioned in a diff post what to put in the password of course in the user you put your wallet info

il give it a shot. wonder if I can get the pool to payout in XSH. I know some yimp auto switch(convert to BTC,LTC and other main coins) actually technically allowed payout in any of the coins that it had in its mine list.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:24:46 AM

I cant se what the settings in the password filed are . can you post those here please sir ?
darkly spectre

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:41:50 AM

mined on that pool for a while.

then I looked at the blocks solved. that place hasn't solved anything but X11 blocks in ages
fuaimo3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:29:42 AM

mined on that pool for a while.

then I looked at the blocks solved. that place hasn't solved anything but X11 blocks in ages

I have been getting daily payments. It requires to collect x blocks before it puts them on the exchange. Shows amount needed to collect and time to find at current speed under pool. Give it 24 hours.

It's a lower hash pool so credits come in bursts. It's been fine for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: