Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:03:50 PM

Uploaded 1.0.14 win32 binary for those who can't compile: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/?source=navbar

Upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.0.14, is running fine.

Test payment sent to weisoq.

Hey guys Im gonna change the dust stuff to match in android wallet.. I changed cent back to cent instead of 5 coins.. so ill upload a new version later to sanity test.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

also what charting packages / charts are you guys using when writing about cryptos? I saw a few charts  on devtome and I couldn't figure out where they come from.

If you click on the old versions tab at the top of the article, you can see who wrote the article and follow up that way. (If that helps you Smiley )

melodiem

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:40:34 PM

Just signed up as a writer!  What else can I do besides write?

Read heaps, ask heaps and write even more - Good luck, welcome and please don't feed the squirrels Wink

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:42:14 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:19:44 AM by smeagol

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now has been updated with the armory wallet and some changes have been made to claimed bounties.  As more and more bounties are being added, the page gets a bit cluttered.  Is anybody working on a bounty engine, and should there be a bounty for the bounty engine?

Also, if anyone is interested in an additional 2 shares, if you write a 50 word review about buying a netflix code from http://dvc4giftcards.us/, you will get them.  2 shares may actually be worth more than the code!

(Starbucks cards are not available at the moment, even though it says they are on the website)

The block explorer shows that I have the coins, but they are not in my spendable balance according to the -qt.

Would exporting the privkey, deleting the wallet.dat, and then importing the privkey work?

Yes

Thank you!
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:54:30 PM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now has been updated with the armory wallet and some changes have been made to claimed bounties.  As more and more bounties are being added, the page gets a bit cluttered.  Is anybody working on a bounty engine, and should there be a bounty for the bounty engine?

The block explorer shows that I have the coins, but they are not in my spendable balance according to the -qt.

Would exporting the privkey, deleting the wallet.dat, and then importing the privkey work?

Yes

Thank you!

I am working on something, but I am not sure it is what you all want since every time I bring it up there are 5 different ideas about what it should be. Smiley  it is at http://dev-co.in/bounties.php.  It isn't anywhere near done yet and I don't have time tonight to work on it more, maybe tomorrow! Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:10:15 AM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now has been updated with the armory wallet and some changes have been made to claimed bounties.  As more and more bounties are being added, the page gets a bit cluttered.  Is anybody working on a bounty engine, and should there be a bounty for the bounty engine?

Yes

Thank you!

Im giong to work on a site where people can (devcoin) post projects that need to be done and people can bid on them, or simply accept them. It would offer escrow, dispute/resolution, a message board alot of things that may be useful, and allow maybe other communites to post work, and we can simply filter it for devcoin related tasks... it can be monetized to bring in profits for devcoin too if we wish.. anyways I will demo it in a few weeks when ready for a beta.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:17:16 AM

Hey guys, here's my submission for the investment plan bounty. A publicly traded business could quite easily be generated that uses its strategy.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=ema-volatility_trading_algorithm_for_bots

It's the description and algorithm of a trading bot I've developed and have been using for bitcoins for a few months now with some success. It's intended to work with a bot but can be run manually if you're crazy enough.

Wow, nice!  Great article as well as investment plan.  This is a great base for a cryptocoin investment company.  How could I implement your code into a bot?  I'm not a very experienced pythoner.  Smiley

You will receive 6 shares for your plan.  What's your devcoin address?

Thanks, address is 1LHVxAkzcN8BzSdrT7J2W3CCpiz5Rgj72E

Did you see my seed node claim? it's under a few pages of thread awesome, but details were dvcnode.blisteringdevelopers.com:52333 is up and good to add-node if you want to.

The bot itself can be implemented in any language you like, as long as you can talk to an exchange in it. I haven't released the source of that yet, and I'm debating whether to do it or not. On the one hand I know it'll be a useful addition to general open source (there's not a whole lot of good working bot code out there that you don't pay for), but on the other the business part of me is being greedy. I'll think about it some more. I'm leaning towards releasing it, but I know I'll also need to add a whole bunch more code to make it server-generic (as in, able to talk to lots of different servers and work with different currencies and all that). At the moment, it's bitcoin-mtgox-usd centric as a specific application. If I release it I'd want it to be menu driven similar to the shotgun bot, so you just set the options at the start and let it run.
melodiem

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:22:46 AM

Hey guys, here's my submission for the investment plan bounty. A publicly traded business could quite easily be generated that uses its strategy.

It's the description and algorithm of a trading bot I've developed and have been using for bitcoins for a few months now with some success. It's intended to work with a bot but can be run manually if you're crazy enough.

I read it, thankyou Smiley I even understood it!

I am brand new to trading - even the thought of entering an arena where the principles involve taking advantage of another's loss in order to be successful, makes me feel a bit sick - but if I can set a bot to handle it as a mathematical decision a bot made, not a bitch move I made, well then lookout world!

Ahma gonna become me a trader!

Is there a noobs guide to trading bots for devcoin? I found some articles on Devtome but they do all seem to come from a platform of prior knowledge. My entire knowledge of "bots" became defunct when MSN shut their chatrooms Tongue

novacadian

Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:23:21 AM

I am working on something, but I am not sure it is what you all want since every time I bring it up there are 5 different ideas about what it should be. Smiley  it is at http://dev-co.in/bounties.php.  It isn't anywhere near done yet and I don't have time tonight to work on it more, maybe tomorrow! Smiley

Looking great Dalamar!

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:45:50 AM

Ok, I think a bounty site is a good idea and deserves a bounty. So to rewind I'll try again with original plan:
--------
Devcoin is about funding people and projects that create open source content. This requires time and effort as well as ideas and interest, which means putting visibility, know-how and incentive together in one place.

1. The site should be simple and attractive (with its own domain that includes ‘dev’ in it - to avoid confusion/conflict)
2. It would start as just a site that records bounties. Later it would be expanded to have categories with tagged bounties, so people could search by category. Bounties would automatically be added each round.
3. It needs to be a simple way of recording and tracking official Devcoin bounties only.
4. Maintenance and further development of the site would be funded through regular generation payments in the same way as devtome.

Longer-term (suggestions):
4. A rating system would be developed to increase objectivity and quality in vetting categories and projects of particular expertise.
5. Content management should be kept fairly simple to allow non-expert user edits. Actual admin of changing content should be open to reasonable discussion and consensus so it can always keep rolling with new manual content when necessary.
6. There would also be smaller bounties for any additional admins needed, particularly those who can demonstrate knowledge in fields related to available bounties and rating.
--------
I'll leave the amount for others with better idea of effort involved to suggest. I know dalamar's already working on something, but I'm not dalamar so seems ok to propose it...   I'll also contribute 500k of my own dvc if it's not objected to.
novacadian

Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:52:47 AM

Ok, I think a bounty site is a good idea and deserves a bounty.

... I know dalamar's already working on something, but I'm not dalamar so seems ok to propose it...   I'll also contribute 500k of my own dvc if it's not objected to.

You have my agreement. As it is already done Dalamar would be able to tell the time involved and what bounty he feels his time is worth. If there are no objections to that amount then that should be the bounty he receives. If there is objection... well let's see if there is no objection first. Smiley

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:03:11 AM

I read it, thankyou Smiley I even understood it!

I am brand new to trading - even the thought of entering an arena where the principles involve taking advantage of another's loss in order to be successful, makes me feel a bit sick - but if I can set a bot to handle it as a mathematical decision a bot made, not a bitch move I made, well then lookout world!

Ahma gonna become me a trader!

Is there a noobs guide to trading bots for devcoin? I found some articles on Devtome but they do all seem to come from a platform of prior knowledge. My entire knowledge of "bots" became defunct when MSN shut their chatrooms Tongue

Bots are generally closely guarded secrets because they're so powerful. They take away the emotions of trading, so you can set a strategy and just let it go. Smeagol's given me a good idea on how to release it, though. I doubt there will be much on devtome about them yet.

The thing with markets is you'll never know if you're actually taking advantage of fear or if you're simply providing liquidity (ie someone is genuinely purchasing/selling them for an intended use). It's a bit like how some countries have the practice where there's only one real bullet in a firing squad, so no individual shooter knows if they were the one that took the life.

Ok, I think a bounty site is a good idea and deserves a bounty.

... I know dalamar's already working on something, but I'm not dalamar so seems ok to propose it...   I'll also contribute 500k of my own dvc if it's not objected to.

You have my agreement. As it is already done Dalamar would be able to tell the time involved and what bounty he feels his time is worth. If there are no objections to that amount then that should be the bounty he receives. If there is objection... well let's see if there is no objection first. Smiley

- Nova

I third/fourth this bounty, too. I'm all for more time-efficient ways of managing things Smiley.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:04:12 AM

This is old news but you know how DOGE was used to support an Olympic team? Right after that the price skyrocketed and DOGE gained more popularity through the news. Do you think something such as this would be beneficial to devcoin?
-AM
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:05:33 AM

- Nova
Assuming everyone agrees it's a v good idea, it's particularly b/c someone's willing to work on it without the promise of payment that I think it deserves a bounty.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

Uploaded 1.0.14 win32 binary for those who can't compile: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/?source=navbar

Upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.0.14, is running fine.

Test payment sent to weisoq.

Hey guys Im gonna change the dust stuff to match in android wallet.. I changed cent back to cent instead of 5 coins.. so ill upload a new version later to sanity test.

Hey I uplaoded a new devcoin android wallet to match the new client.

Please test that the new android wallet works sending/recieving coins... ill do a test maybe later tonight as well.

I updated the source too.

The devcoinj is now 1.0.4 here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devcoin/files/devcoinj/
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:09:00 AM

Ok, I think a bounty site is a good idea and deserves a bounty. So to rewind I'll try again with original plan:
--------
Devcoin is about funding people and projects that create open source content. This requires time and effort as well as ideas and interest, which means putting visibility, know-how and incentive together in one place.

1. The site should be simple and attractive (with its own domain that includes ‘dev’ in it - to avoid confusion/conflict)
2. It would start as just a site that records bounties. Later it would be expanded to have categories with tagged bounties, so people could search by category. Bounties would automatically be added each round.
3. It needs to be a simple way of recording and tracking official Devcoin bounties only.
4. Maintenance and further development of the site would be funded through regular generation payments in the same way as devtome.

Longer-term (suggestions):
4. A rating system would be developed to increase objectivity and quality in vetting categories and projects of particular expertise.
5. Content management should be kept fairly simple to allow non-expert user edits. Actual admin of changing content should be open to reasonable discussion and consensus so it can always keep rolling with new manual content when necessary.
6. There would also be smaller bounties for any additional admins needed, particularly those who can demonstrate knowledge in fields related to available bounties and rating.
--------
I'll leave the amount for others with better idea of effort involved to suggest. I know dalamar's already working on something, but I'm not dalamar so seems ok to propose it...   I'll also contribute 500k of my own dvc if it's not objected to.

I also have something that may work for all of this, but we will need iterations of testing... whatever dalamar comes up with maybe I can work on adding it to my thing as well.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:11:25 AM

This is old news but you know how DOGE was used to support an Olympic team? Right after that the price skyrocketed and DOGE gained more popularity through the news. Do you think something such as this would be beneficial to devcoin?
-AM

Nice, but what should we fund?
JohnnyCryptoCoin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:53:44 AM

-AM

Nice, but what should we fund?

http://opensourceecology.org/

Seems like projects like this would be inline with the goals of the coin and bring great exposure.

Start small and fund a build of a Power Cube or a loose earth brick layer.

The publicity would be great, the builds are open source and already proven.

It's for these types of projects that I've invested in the coin. I think they will pair up nicely.
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:55:23 AM

so, i'm guessing this is a bot in action?
https://i.imgur.com/YqUqJVn.png
melodiem

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:00:28 AM

Bots are generally closely guarded secrets because they're so powerful. They take away the emotions of trading, so you can set a strategy and just let it go

I am seriously uncomfortable with the entire thing, to write for Devtome forces me to become a currency trader, something I wouldn't do in any other environment to get paid for my work.  I suspect a lot of newcomers are going to be challenged by it as well so a bot would be awesome and might make this just a little less traumatic for some of us Smiley

If you are able to make one for commercial sale, would it ever be affordable for a writer or developer being paid in DVC?

The thing with markets is you'll never know if you're actually taking advantage of fear or if you're simply providing liquidity (ie someone is genuinely purchasing/selling them for an intended use). It's a bit like how some countries have the practice where there's only one real bullet in a firing squad, so no individual shooter knows if they were the one that took the life.

I think though, that real success in trading means actually hoping and even being a bit delighted by fear/negative forces to help with that success. In the end, those who might not be as hard-nosed or cant afford to lose so they react to fear, are always going to be the losers. (IMO)

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: