Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unclejed613

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:31:01 AM

I have heard that some musicians offer at least some of their music free on the net.

Do any of them do so in actual free open source form?

If so maybe we could somehow find out whether any of them spends at least ten hours per week producing free open source music and if we find such a person offer to put them on the receivers list?

Hopefully it would be someone famous, isn't it the famous ones that find piracy and freebies increase their sales rather than lowering them, due to so much of their work not being free yet available all over the place, so that people who learn from the free material that they like the artist's work then see all kinds of similar work in all the stores and now know they will probably like it?

Famous would mean newsworthy so it would be win-win.

But I am not really confident that any of the famous musicians who give away freebies actually license those freebies as free open source...

(So they are not really free afterall, except in the "as in beer not as in real freedom" sense... Gratis rather than actual freedom...)

-MarkM-

http://www.mahoganyrush.com/    i used to listen to this band when i was in high school.... Frank Marino thinks musicians would do better to put their music up on the web in free downloadable form rather than try to make a living from album sales.  record companies (and their "parent organizations" have definitely left a bad taste in his mouth. Frank Marino believes the best way to make a living as a musician is to actually go and play concerts (which as a musician, he loves to do...)   as a long time rocker, i would rather see a band play live than listen to recordings, but it's the recordings that make me want to see the band play live...... i know it's the opposite of the way the music industry was originally set up (it was Thomas Edison that started the whole thing after all.... ), but in the "internet age" there are things that need to be changed, and maybe even turned upside down....

So the tracks available there are free to use? For example we could put them on our music-archive site when we create such a site?

And our visitors could in turn grab them from us to use on their own sites, to chop up into soundbites, make dub-mixes of and so on and so on?

It didn't seem to shout loudly right up front exactly what form of free open source license it is releasing the material under...

-MarkM-

as with anything, (and maybe it's just  a matter of respecting other people) i would say "ask first".... just my opinion.... music is an individual experience, and musicians like to be asked.... "open source" is great, but music as "open source" is difficult to do, unless you can play guitar like Hendrix or, in this case Frank Marino.... in the case of re-using sound clips, that would be up to Frank.... also browse around and read what he says on the subject..... he does have a forum on his website....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:53:52 AM

If you are willing to risk leaving coins on an exchange (e.g. Vircurex, that has made good both times they did suffer a hack) you don't even need to hold, you can just chop up your coins into, say, ten portions, and place then as ten sell offers on the sell side of the order book.

If you are conservative and think the next few upswings might not touch 200 Satoshis but don't mind waiting through maybe a bunch of upswings to get such a price you could pick 200 as top spot, or if you actually would prefer to hold long term yet would like to get a nice hot price sometime you could pick 300 as your top spot if getting that much would compensate you enough in your view for having even your topmost dearest coins get bought.

Then step down, like maybe 200, 180, 160, 140, 120, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60 or something like that.

Or if you really want ten percent relatively soon albeit it at a low price, maybe even step down to 50, which still looks like it might easily get bought any day now on random ups and downs.

Personally I have half a million for sale at each and every Satoshi of price all the way to up over 300 but it took me a long time to get there, a lot of input coins originally then at least three or four swing cycles that went up near or over 200, one of them over 300 then back down to 30 or even slightly less.

(I replenish my supply by having lowball buy offers on every Satoshi of price too, with the offers being for more and more coins the lower the price. I have picked up oodles of coins at only 30 Satoshis or less by my offers having been there already in place when such moments - or weeks, or months - came.)

Once you have gone through a swing cycle you can easily get all your original input to the exchange back out and from then on all the coins "at risk" by being on the exhange are pure profit earned by being on the exchange, plus then also milk it some each swing cycle to get some added income while still also increasing the volume of pure profit left lying around on the exchange to make more pure profit with...

This also has the advantage of making times when the prices go low be nice times, times you look forward to, because they are times when your lowball buy offers get gobbled up, giving you lots and lots of coins to sit back up on the sell side as highball offers ready for the next upswing.

Plus Vircurex even pays you to have bitcoins sitting there, so your lowball offers are earning bitcoins for you in the meantime.

You can also save on Vircurex fees by signing up using a referral URL.

( Such as mine, which is https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=597-1636 )

-MarkM-

Hey mark, I have started doing this on a much smaller scale and it is already starting to pay off. Just need to watch it (and your e-mail) and it seems to be doing a good job so far Smiley  Thanx for the info!

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:55:48 AM

If you are willing to risk leaving coins on an exchange (e.g. Vircurex, that has made good both times they did suffer a hack) you don't even need to hold, you can just chop up your coins into, say, ten portions, and place then as ten sell offers on the sell side of the order book.

If you are conservative and think the next few upswings might not touch 200 Satoshis but don't mind waiting through maybe a bunch of upswings to get such a price you could pick 200 as top spot, or if you actually would prefer to hold long term yet would like to get a nice hot price sometime you could pick 300 as your top spot if getting that much would compensate you enough in your view for having even your topmost dearest coins get bought.

Then step down, like maybe 200, 180, 160, 140, 120, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60 or something like that.

Or if you really want ten percent relatively soon albeit it at a low price, maybe even step down to 50, which still looks like it might easily get bought any day now on random ups and downs.

Personally I have half a million for sale at each and every Satoshi of price all the way to up over 300 but it took me a long time to get there, a lot of input coins originally then at least three or four swing cycles that went up near or over 200, one of them over 300 then back down to 30 or even slightly less.

(I replenish my supply by having lowball buy offers on every Satoshi of price too, with the offers being for more and more coins the lower the price. I have picked up oodles of coins at only 30 Satoshis or less by my offers having been there already in place when such moments - or weeks, or months - came.)

Once you have gone through a swing cycle you can easily get all your original input to the exchange back out and from then on all the coins "at risk" by being on the exhange are pure profit earned by being on the exchange, plus then also milk it some each swing cycle to get some added income while still also increasing the volume of pure profit left lying around on the exchange to make more pure profit with...

This also has the advantage of making times when the prices go low be nice times, times you look forward to, because they are times when your lowball buy offers get gobbled up, giving you lots and lots of coins to sit back up on the sell side as highball offers ready for the next upswing.

Plus Vircurex even pays you to have bitcoins sitting there, so your lowball offers are earning bitcoins for you in the meantime.

You can also save on Vircurex fees by signing up using a referral URL.

( Such as mine, which is https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=597-1636 )

-MarkM-

Hey mark, I have started doing this on a much smaller scale and it is already starting to pay off. Just need to watch it (and your e-mail) and it seems to be doing a good job so far Smiley  Thanx for the info!

I have as well, great advice mark!

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

Its a business plan, darn, shoulda pasted it to Devtome... Wink Cheesy

But since it works so well I can afford not to. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

-MarkM-

I'll let you know when I can get up to 500k / satoshi (if you're still around in 3 years :-p )

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:09:15 AM

-MarkM-

I am going to start doing it myself when the round 31 payments start. 

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
cdelatorref

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:18:17 AM

Hello!

A few days ago I wrote an article on Devtome, I checked when the word count would be and I saw it was very frequently, the point is I can't find my personal stats anywhere, I checked the following site and the stand alone csv:

http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, my user page is:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:cdelatorref

I hope you can guide me.

Thanks in advance
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:28:40 AM

Hello!

A few days ago I wrote an article on Devtome, I checked when the word count would be and I saw it was very frequently, the point is I can't find my personal stats anywhere, I checked the following site and the stand alone csv:

http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, my user page is:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:cdelatorref

I hope you can guide me.

Thanks in advance

The only thing I can tell you seems to be that it isn't near 1000 words. I am not sure if it will count anything until you hit 1000 for the first time, then once you are in the account file it may count them. Not 100% on that though.

Chad

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:36:19 AM

Sorry, I've been unavailable for a couple of days.

Have there been any new bounties that I may have missed?

Thanks

Also, to spruce up the front page, why don't we create a featured page of the day or something and a crypto news section, like Wikipedia?
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:39:59 AM

I like the idea of having a "DevCoin" or Crypto Coin news page as the front page with links to featured articles and a link to a "new posts" page that has all the new posts. Also a link to categories and an Index on there. I think that would be really good use of the space.

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:01:24 AM

I like the idea of having a "DevCoin" or Crypto Coin news page as the front page with links to featured articles and a link to a "new posts" page that has all the new posts. Also a link to categories and an Index on there. I think that would be really good use of the space.

That would probably be easier in the form of a blog that features articles on  Devcoin/Devtome and other crypto news. It is also far easier to backlink blog articles to other blogs than using Wiki links. I have a blog and the majority of non-blog links that people post with their comments get deleted as spam.

If there were 5 - 10 people willing to come up with 2 - 3 articles a week, it could become popular all the while directing people to Devcoin/Devtome.

Just link the blog to Devcoin.org and the Devcoin Wiki as the official blog of each.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:03:22 AM

That would probably be easier in the form of a blog that features articles on  Devcoin/Devtome and other crypto news. It is also far easier to backlink blog articles to other blogs than using Wiki links. I have a blog and the majority of non-blog links that people post with their comments get deleted as spam.

If there were 5 - 10 people willing to come up with 2 - 3 (in total, not each) articles a week, it could become popular and direct people to Devcoin/Devtome.

The articles just need to be 500 - 800 words each and unique.

Just link the blog to Devcoin.org and the Devcoin Wiki as the official blog of each.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:12:20 AM

That would probably be easier in the form of a blog that features articles on  Devcoin/Devtome and other crypto news. It is also far easier to backlink blog articles to other blogs than using Wiki links. I have a blog and the majority of non-blog links that people post with their comments get deleted as spam.

If there were 5 - 10 people willing to come up with 2 - 3 articles a week, it could become popular all the while directing people to Devcoin/Devtome.

That's true, I was just starting a blog for DevCoin related stuff, but really we are trying to figure out what to put on the front page of DevTome, not on the blogs, though you are right, it would work better for the news on the blog. Featured articles and what not each round would be good. News, not so much I guess.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:22:23 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 03:45:45 AM by sidhujag

Thanks

Also, to spruce up the front page, why don't we create a featured page of the day or something and a crypto news section, like Wikipedia?

Id like to propose a bounty, which is a business. An auction business which is run by Devcoin. A quibids style website that offers items that Devcoin puts up for sale.

This way the problem of fraud between users is minimized since with traditional peer to peer auction sites its always a battle to ensure the item was recieved and the user paid, especially when the website never sees the item.

The goal is to create a profitable business by selling bids, the profit realization is the difference between what the item was bought for by Devcoin and how much it sold it for in calculating number of bids to sell * price of a bid.

For example on quibids: There is a futureshop $50 gift card which just sold for $1.74. The person who bid last and wins will get the great deal. The site makes profit because each bid costs $0.60 and moves the price by 0.01. A total of 174 bids for the gift card means the site makes $104.40, so a total of $54.40 profit. Shipping cost is added to the final price so the website doesn't pay for this.

Every round we can fund new items for auction and I will be responsible for being the admin for this, and shipping items out etc. As time goes by we will need multiple people doing it if it grows.

The long term cost is the shares assigned per round to purchase the items for auction assuming they get sold for free. This is the same cost as devtome currently as no profits that I know of are being driven in. The benefits are the profits on average of items sold for more than purchased. All coins given to the website are held in a secure wallet that may be used by Devcoin for other purposes like ensuring sell side liquidity in the market.

The work comprises of three parts:

1) create the website (starting from a template)
2) allow devcoin payments to purchase bids
3) Everyday work to ensure the site is operation

And reporting can be done each round on the profitability of the venture. If we find things are being given away for free essentially because noone is interested in cool stuff then we can always stop funding it Smiley

If I work on it my estimate would be it would take me:

1) atleast 4 hours a day for 4 weeks to get a website up that is functional
2) atleast 4 hours a day for a week to allow coin payments for bids
3) Atleast 10 hours a week for site maintenance.

Thats a total of about 150 hours.

50 shares sounds about right if we think that writing 1000 words of a "good" article takes 3 hours (generously), and each 1000 words is a share.

Jag
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:31:04 AM

I love this idea, I thought about doing a site like Quibids when it first came out (as a secondary to it) but never got to go through with it. I would love to see someone do this! I think that 10hr/week upkeep on the site is a little (a lot) under rated. I think it will take a few people a little more then that to admin that site and make sure the auctions are continuous as well as sending the items to the correct person when they win, and what not. I think that upkeep will be a few people at 20-40 hours / week, and maybe one or two people doing the auction set up and buying items to send (though this can be done after the auction ends and with the winnings and have the items dropped shipped. just a thought).

May be a good idea to just take a few hours and write up a business plan and start figuring out numbers.

Chad

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:44:54 AM

Thanks

Id like to propose a bounty, which is a business. An auction business which is run by Devcoin. A quibids style website that offers items that Devcoin puts up for sale.

This way the problem of fraud between users is minimized since with traditional peer to peer auction sites its always a battle to ensure the item was recieved and the user paid, especially when the website never sees the item.

The goal is to create a profitable business by selling bids, the profit realization is the difference between what the item was bought for by Devcoin and how much it sold it for in calculating number of bids to sell * price of a bid.

For example on quibids: There is a futureshop $50 gift card which just sold for $1.74. The person who bid last and wins will get the great deal. The site makes profit because each bid costs $0.60 and moves the price by 0.01. A total of 174 bids for the gift card means the site makes $104.40, so a total of $54.40 profit. Shipping cost is added to the final price so the website doesn't pay for this.

Every round we can fund new items for auction and I will be responsible for being the admin for this, and shipping items out etc. As time goes by we will need multiple people doing it if it grows.

The long term cost is the shares assigned per round to purchase the items for auction assuming they get sold for free. This is the same cost as devtome currently as no profits that I know of are being driven in. The benefits are the profits on average of items sold for more than purchased. All coins given to the website are held in a secure wallet that may be used by Devcoin for other purposes like ensuring sell side liquidity in the market.

The work comprises of three parts:

1) create the website
2) allow devcoin payments to purchase bids
3) Everyday work to ensure the site is operation

And reporting can be done each round on the profitability of the venture. If we find things are being given away for free essentially because noone is interested in cool stuff then we can always stop funding it Smiley

If I work on it my estimate would be it would take me:

1) atleast 4 hours a day for 4 weeks to get a website up that is functional
2) atleast 4 hours a day for a week to allow coin payments for bids
3) Atleast 10 hours a week for site maintenance.

Thats a total of about 150 hours.

50 shares sounds about right if we think that writing 1000 words of a "good" article takes 3 hours (generously), and each 1000 words is a share.

Jag

Are you talking about a site that would ship physical goods or just people winning digital gift cards? Might have to put some heavy restrictions on the countries that can participate in it.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:48:13 AM

Both and yes the site would have to have ability to block some countries.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:50:24 AM

Both and yes the site would have to have ability to block some countries.

Ok, lets start with the site names

CryptoZing.com

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:52:12 AM

I love this idea, I thought about doing a site like Quibids when it first came out (as a secondary to it) but never got to go through with it. I would love to see someone do this! I think that 10hr/week upkeep on the site is a little (a lot) under rated. I think it will take a few people a little more then that to admin that site and make sure the auctions are continuous as well as sending the items to the correct person when they win, and what not. I think that upkeep will be a few people at 20-40 hours / week, and maybe one or two people doing the auction set up and buying items to send (though this can be done after the auction ends and with the winnings and have the items dropped shipped. just a thought).

May be a good idea to just take a few hours and write up a business plan and start figuring out numbers.

Chad

Yea I was leaning towards dropshipping since we would have to warehouse merchandise otherwise. Im sure quibids started off drop shipping and now made enough money to support their own thing now. Yea we will see how it goes but I think one set of auctions per week staggered so that the site isnt sitting stale?
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 03:55:06 AM

Chad

Yea I was leaning towards dropshipping since we would have to warehouse merchandise otherwise. Im sure quibids started off drop shipping and now made enough money to support their own thing now. Yea we will see how it goes but I think one set of auctions per week staggered so that the site isnt sitting stale?

Keep in mind that you could just list items that are featured on Amazon.com, Walmart.com etc and then ship the items directly from Walmart or Amazon to the winner. In the case of Amazon, using Prime would give the winner upgraded two day shipping.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: