Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:00:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058355 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:59:38 PM

I say we host the blockchain on devcoin.org so users won't have to wait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:03:50 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 08:00:17 PM by Bittzy78

I absolutely agree. There should be a section dedicated to what the blockchain is and how it works along with a simple interface for people to enter their wallet address or transaction #.

The Devcoin.org website is really starting to come together but it really should be a one stop shop for all things Devcoin...

If a Blockchain was added along with a page for the media (and a Devcoin point-of-contact) and possibly a future blog.. People could know what Devcoin is and what it is about, all on one website.

It might be interesting to have a page that lists every time Devcoin has been mentioned in the media as well.

~2 cents~

Smiley

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
silvercardbank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:04:37 PM

i it was not slow to show up it was there showing when asked the 1st time the second time i looked it had been removed .
silvercardbank

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 07:09:54 PM

Dear jasont4671,

I went to the Short Link: http://darkgamex.ch:2751/a/1FJUMRwS7L ............ and it did open this time, and it is showing that I have 6 DevCoin deposits......but my account is only showing 3 deposits, for a total of 15 Devcoins......you are right something is odd....... I will check again later........
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:33:21 PM

Hi,
I was wondering why DVC value is going down so much, now very close to DOGE.

No telling why..

You could have a penny stock company worth $50,000,000 with only 2.5 million shares outstanding lose half its value in a matter of days, for no reason other than pure speculation.

This is a cryptocurrency and is only backed by the good graces of the people that hold the currency, not a company with hard assets. If people think it is worth more than the current price, it will go back up. If people think it is worth less than the current price, it will continue to go down.

The main thing to remember is, the market is always right, even if people think it is wrong.

There is nothing to prevent Devcoin from being in the $0.01 to $0.05 range in the future as long as the Devcoin economy grows...

Worrying about the daily up and down prices will only give you an ulcer. Smiley

As a side note Dogecoin has a trading volume that microcap companies dream of. I just checked on Crypsy and the Volume for DOGE/BTC is 571 BTC  (roughly $450,000) and DODE/LTC is 1833 LTC (roughly $40,000)... Egads Man!!!!

Pretty much this.

Dogecoin has some pretty good marketing for what it is. I'm seeing it mentioned in reddit a lot.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:47:49 PM

Hi,

No telling why..

You could have a penny stock company worth $50,000,000 with only 2.5 million shares outstanding lose half its value in a matter of days, for no reason other than pure speculation.

This is a cryptocurrency and is only backed by the good graces of the people that hold the currency, not a company with hard assets. If people think it is worth more than the current price, it will go back up. If people think it is worth less than the current price, it will continue to go down.

The main thing to remember is, the market is always right, even if people think it is wrong.

There is nothing to prevent Devcoin from being in the $0.01 to $0.05 range in the future as long as the Devcoin economy grows...

As a side note Dogecoin has a trading volume that microcap companies dream of. I just checked on Crypsy and the Volume for DOGE/BTC is 571 BTC  (roughly $450,000) and DODE/LTC is 1833 LTC (roughly $40,000)... Egads Man!!!!

Pretty much this.

Dogecoin has some pretty good marketing for what it is. I'm seeing it mentioned in reddit a lot.

So you guys think if we could all get devcoin more popular and have it mentioned on more social sites that the value will rise?
-AM
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:29:00 PM

Hi,

No telling why..

Pretty much this.

So you guys think if we could all get devcoin more popular and have it mentioned on more social sites that the value will rise?
-AM

Ofcourse... the more people know the more people willbe intrigued especially with the idea that Devcoin stands behind.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:48:34 PM

The value tends to drift down and down and down as people blindly dump it instead of setting a specific price they want to wait for before selling it.

That seems to be the main normal activity, people dumping it.

Then from time to time someone comes along who cannot be bothered to simply place a bunch of lowball buy offers and wait for all the dumpers to gradually sell to those cheap offers, instead they just buy however many million they want, driving the price over 300 or nearly to 300 or over 200 or, last time around, up to 193 Satoshis.

Then the constant endless blind dumping gradually sends it down again until next time around.

DeVCoin are not low price right now really, they are actually high price, since they used to be hovering around 30 Satoshis while bitcoins were worth only $100 or less. Right now the price is still way up above 30 Satoshis despite bitcoins being worth $800+

Until it gets down to 30 or less it is not low at all, it is maybe still on its way down unless we have stacked up a huge enough pile of buy orders this tiem around to keep it getting that low this time around.

Basically pick the price you want for your coins and place a sell order there. Usually it used to take less than several months before someone would buy them. Last time around there was months of low prices before finally someone came along and bought all sell offers way up through 193. But not, that time over 200 like had happened in the past, let alone up over 300 as also happened once upon a time. (Back when bitcoins were worth 1/10th or less what they are worth now... That 193 Satoshis was recent, bitcoins were worth a lot, so that 193 Satoshi recent price was way way higher real price than back when they once went over 300 Satoshis...)

Basically dumpers dump all the time, it is going on constantly, but big buys seem to be seasonal or cyclical or something, they happen then they go away sometimes for months.

Once Devtome has to buy DeVCoins to pay authors with, the authors dumping will maybe in effect be dumping them cheap to their employer, Devtome, who will be buying them with advertising revenues...

The main reason the price takes so long to go back down after a spike is probably mostly the fact that almost all the bitcoins the high price buyers pay me for DeVCoins I pile back up on the buy side to slow down the rate at which the price falls back down. But I only have as many bitcoins as the high-rollers paid so eventually my pile of buy offers gets eroded.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:53:38 PM

i it was not slow to show up it was there showing when asked the 1st time the second time i looked it had been removed .
I'm not getting it? The short link you provided didn't work for me either but the explorer shows the transactions:
http://d.evco.in/abe/address/1FJUMRwS7LoZsyxnujir3uzjs3EEwEY2Tp

You sure it's not the receiver address issue again?
unclejed613

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:28:41 AM

The value tends to drift down and down and down as people blindly dump it instead of setting a specific price they want to wait for before selling it.

Then from time to time someone comes along who cannot be bothered to simply place a bunch of lowball buy offers and wait for all the dumpers to gradually sell to those cheap offers, instead they just buy however many million they want, driving the price over 300 or nearly to 300 or over 200 or, last time around, up to 193 Satoshis.

Then the constant endless blind dumping gradually sends it down again until next time around.

DeVCoin are not low price right now really, they are actually high price, since they used to be hovering around 30 Satoshis while bitcoins were worth only $100 or less. Right now the price is still way up above 30 Satoshis despite bitcoins being worth $800+

Until it gets down to 30 or less it is not low at all, it is maybe still on its way down unless we have stacked up a huge enough pile of buy orders this tiem around to keep it getting that low this time around.

Basically pick the price you want for your coins and place a sell order there. Usually it used to take less than several months before someone would buy them. Last time around there was months of low prices before finally someone came along and bought all sell offers way up through 193. But not, that time over 200 like had happened in the past, let alone up over 300 as also happened once upon a time. (Back when bitcoins were worth 1/10th or less what they are worth now... That 193 Satoshis was recent, bitcoins were worth a lot, so that 193 Satoshi recent price was way way higher real price than back when they once went over 300 Satoshis...)

Basically dumpers dump all the time, it is going on constantly, but big buys seem to be seasonal or cyclical or something, they happen then they go away sometimes for months.

Once Devtome has to buy DeVCoins to pay authors with, the authors dumping will maybe in effect be dumping them cheap to their employer, Devtome, who will be buying them with advertising revenues...

The main reason the price takes so long to go back down after a spike is probably mostly the fact that almost all the bitcoins the high price buyers pay me for DeVCoins I pile back up on the buy side to slow down the rate at which the price falls back down. But I only have as many bitcoins as the high-rollers paid so eventually my pile of buy offers gets eroded.

-MarkM-

thanks, you jogged my memory.... it's been 10 years since i did any stock trading..... i forgot about sell orders... Moderator question... in my article on Devtome, is there any way i can give MarkM a percentage of anything i get for the article because he jogged my memory, or would it be better to have a "gentleman's agreement" that i pay him something for his help?
Athanasios Motok

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:18:05 AM

-MarkM-

Do you believe it is a good investment to buy a few million devcoins while low and then wait until they get to be heigh? How long until you predict they rise over 100 Satoshis again, or is it too hard to tell?
Thanks,
-AM
Athanasios Motok

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:25:34 AM

Another question I have... Is VirCurEx the only trading platform featuring devcoin? Is it the best?
Thanks,
-AM
eeh

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

There's crypto-trade and Tagcash (I can't get into it though) and Cryptsy (against LTC)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:34:58 AM

I am constantly buying low and selling high, I have offers at every satoshi of price both up and down, when I buy some I put them for sale higher and when I sell some I place a buy offer lower.

The goal is eventually to have a huge enough pile of buy offers that it could buy up all existing DeVCoins, thus assuring each and every one of them is worth at least one Satoshi.

Then to keep building too, so all are worth at least two Satoshis, all are worth at least 3 Satoshis and so on...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
iluveunc

Activity: 140

CEO/Founder AltSwap (Cryptocurrency Exchange)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

I am currently working on an exchange with low fees (less than 1/3 cryptsy) that will trade DVC/BTC. Let me know if you are looking for some info - we will be looking for investors soon once the site it up for touring.

Bitcoin address: 1Q6hPQfJANFzthXiCkedHk3S7ptAZVUZ5E

Earn Devcoins by Writing
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:38:07 AM

When will devtome be forced to buy devcoins to supply the dumpers?
eeh

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:38:58 AM

Place your orders low, my man. And then wait for them to run out of content. Smiley
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:46:14 AM

Place your orders low, my man. And then wait for them to run out of content. Smiley

lol I still dont get why devtome is given shares when it is a bounty project.. I guess if there was
nothing else to spend on we could have made another devtome but maybr something to do with useful sourcecode.. if we gave more precedence to source we would get better output as a whole...

Imagine the number of writers as developers instead.. we would have the best wallet softwares and probably some new features other coins dont have.
Athanasios Motok

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:04:16 AM

I am constantly buying low and selling high, I have offers at every satoshi of price both up and down, when I buy some I put them for sale higher and when I sell some I place a buy offer lower.

The goal is eventually to have a huge enough pile of buy offers that it could buy up all existing DeVCoins, thus assuring each and every one of them is worth at least one Satoshi.

Then to keep building too, so all are worth at least two Satoshis, all are worth at least 3 Satoshis and so on...

-MarkM-

Ok thanks
-AM
Athanasios Motok

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:06:01 AM

Have any of you noticed the 508 errors on devtome? It is something like limited space... Is this an issue?
-AM
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: