Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:19:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058412 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:29:06 PM

Once you are on the earning list your word count is updated day by day. Check here http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/
If you are not on the earning list an admin will come to you asking a confirmation on your address.
The payment round starts 20 days after the deadline. I guess it allows admins to check everything and counter cheating.
Everyone on the list will be paid his first share first then his second and so on up to his total shares. The payment is generated as mined blocks of 45k devcoins into your wallet. That's why it takes time even for the payment. And that's why the address have to be on your computer's wallet, not from an exchange.
So on your first round as a writer there is a great inertia between your work and the moment you get paid. But then you will earn DVC every days.
Once you have an article that meets the Devtome requirements post it or your payment can be delayed up to 50 days.

Yes I understand that there is payment lag. I just wanted to know if I post my articles by the deadline will they get in this payment round or do they need to be manually reviewed by fev 9th.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

They have to be reviewed before the payment round starts. Otherwise there is a default earning multiplier applied to your work. Someone else will give you a more detailed/accurate answer than me on this part  I guess :p. If I remember well my earning multiplier was affected after the deadline on round 31.
If you post your articles before the deadline and if an admin asked a confirmation on your tip address you should be on the payment round for this round.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:40:13 PM

Last time I checked filling the category was described as an admin task. I can guess it's not bad will on writers part because if I extend my comprehension of it to the other writers, they may thought that you had to put your article into "most recent" section first only to be reviewed and categorized by an admin later on.

PS: Of course if an important portion of writers doesn't even bother to update the most recent page it's annoying.
I didn’t say anything about bad will on filing Flam, only that it helps. Helps everyone. In your case you said you were going to organise and link articles yourself which is why they’ve been left as categorised only.

It is an admin task. Submissions and work have increased a lot and some of us spend multiple more time than required. There are a number of people involved in admin but in my case - How long would you think it takes to check an article for categorisation, skim read it to confirm, check if it's been filed and then do so if not? And if there are 25+ submissions per day? Then go through 'recent changes' to see what's slipping through the net. That's to keep it all rolling so there is a functional repository for writers to contribute to, in addition to other queries/help. All I'm saying is there’s a not a magic fairy and a commensurate attitude by writers is appreciated in a mutual endeavour.

smeagol: Isn't coinpayments ok?

bitfxtrader: I don't know timescales as pragmatically will depend on volumes. Hopefully someone will be along to let you know.
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:51:03 PM

Of course weisoq. I didn't found it back on Devtome but as it was described I thought I had no right to categorize my articles (putting them in the right category on devtome) myself. Until your message here I was waiting for an admin to do so. So maybe it was(is) the same for some other writers.
Once you said that we can, I categorized them myself.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:57:21 PM

smeagol: Isn't coinpayments ok?

Coinpayments isn't as streamlined as coinbase or bitpay.  With bitpay, it's just "send coin here" and then you're good to go.  For coinpayments you have to enter a lot of information, even if you are buying a digital good.
weisoq

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:23:48 PM

Of course weisoq. I didn't found it back on Devtome but as it was described I thought I had no right to categorize my articles (putting them in the right category on devtome) myself. Until your message here I was waiting for an admin to do so. So maybe it was(is) the same for some other writers.
Once you said that we can, I categorized them myself.
Not really, because you talked about creating specific sub categories, and linking them yourself, from the start. Misunderstandings perhaps.

Anyway, I'm referring here mostly to 1) Categorising and 2) adding articles to 'Most Recent'. Anything further is in addition.
It's just a real help with greater volume and trying to keep up which takes a lot of time, but not required.

smeagol: ok thought it was just email, although I think the store and persuader bonuses are way too high. The store should make a return if it has a viable business, otherwise they'll just set it up, take the shares then close it. Likewise the individuals, who if legit get to shop at a store they value anyway, so that probably wants thinking through.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:03:50 PM

This week's humble bundle is a really good deal!  (Too bad I already have all of the games  Smiley)  What if Humble Bundle starting accepting devcoin?  We would need a more professional payment processor than coinpayments, though.  (i.e. bitpay or coinbase for devcoin)

Therefore, I suggest a bounty of 40 shares for a professional-looking devcoin payment processor (admins can vote on this), and an additional 15 12 shares for each store or business that starts using the the processor, with a 2/5 share bonus for the person who coded the processor for each store and a 5 2 share bonus for the person who persuaded the business to start using the devcoin payment processor.

Any changes, or objections?
(The share rewards may be a bit high)

Edited based on weisoq's suggestions!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:56:50 PM

Once you are on the earning list your word count is updated day by day. Check here http://dvccountdown.blisteringdevelopers.com/
If you are not on the earning list an admin will come to you asking a confirmation on your address.
The payment round starts 20 days after the deadline. I guess it allows admins to check everything and counter cheating.
Everyone on the list will be paid his first share first then his second and so on up to his total shares. The payment is generated as mined blocks of 45k devcoins into your wallet. That's why it takes time even for the payment. And that's why the address have to be on your computer's wallet, not from an exchange.
So on your first round as a writer there is a great inertia between your work and the moment you get paid. But then you will earn DVC every days.
Once you have an article that meets the Devtome requirements post it or your payment can be delayed up to 50 days.

Yes I understand that there is payment lag. I just wanted to know if I post my articles by the deadline will they get in this payment round or do they need to be manually reviewed by fev 9th.

Okay, let me try to answer all of this real quick.

1) If you're not on the payment list, wait a bit. We review writers for each round prior to finalizing earnings (so if you aren't on it yet, you may still get on it before the round is finalized -- we do all these checks at once)

2) Technically, the round "ends" in a few days. Due to tying up loose ends and ensuring everything is right, though, it drags on past that. Usually up to a week.

Basically, until the actual payment files ("receiver files") are uploaded, things are not finalized.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:18:34 AM

1) If you're not on the payment list, wait a bit. We review writers for each round prior to finalizing earnings (so if you aren't on it yet, you may still get on it before the round is finalized -- we do all these checks at once)

2) Technically, the round "ends" in a few days. Due to tying up loose ends and ensuring everything is right, though, it drags on past that. Usually up to a week.

Basically, until the actual payment files ("receiver files") are uploaded, things are not finalized.

Thanks so basically I should be fine if I post my articles before the 9th.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:27:34 AM

Thanks so basically I should be fine if I post my articles before the 9th.

Should be. Even if you aren't, anything else will pass through to the next round regardless.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

Yep, there is a period after the round to correct errors, et cetera.
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:46:02 AM

Need some feedback on picture size. Here is my article with pic size 800x400. http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_trade_the_news_in_the_cryptocurrencies_markets

This one has 1000x500. http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=simple_and_profitable_weekly_set_and_forget_strategy_for_forex

Which one should I go for? Because these are charts and bigger is better so that visitors can see as much detail as possible, I would prefer the larger size. I read about the 800 pixels limit, is this a suggestion or a requirement? Because you can't enlarge the pics by simply clicking on them I would prefer the 1000x500 size as this fits the wiki page nicely.

Another thing, I lost the page that explains how to do ''quotes'' The wiki turns these into italics which is fine but it loses the '' in the process which can be confusing if ppl aren't used to seeing it.
weisoq

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:13:22 AM

The smaller of those 2 looks fine. Didn't know of 800 pixels limit, if that's the case then guess that's the answer. You can play around with pictures by adding size to the syntax e.g. ....jpg?500 http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_how_to_post_an_image

Quotes are just typed as one quote " rather than two single quotation marks ' '. http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=playground:playground (click edit this page to see difference)
xeriandros

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:20:39 PM

This may have been answered before, but I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread. I find that sometimes when I try to open the Devcoin wallet, the process will start but there will be no way to bring up a window of the wallet. The only way I've been able to fix this problem is by deleting by blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat files and downloading the entire blockchain again. Does anyone know why I might be having this issue and any alternative fixes?
weisoq

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:40:52 PM

It's probably minimized in your tray. You can change that in settings. Or need to give it longer to connect and download.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:55:15 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 04:11:19 PM by Hunterbunter

Hey all,

I've set up a p2pool at blisterpool.com:9332. With something like cgminer you can connect to: ./cgminer blisterpool.com:9332 -u <bitcoin address> -p x -any other settings

It'll automatically select stratum, I believe (it did for me), but I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

It's a merged-mining PPLNS pool with 1% fee, which miners can connect to using their bitcoin address as the username, and get automatic payments to their bitcoin addresses (standard fare for p2pools). The difference with this site/pool is that if you register a bitcoin-devcoin address pair on the main site - http://blisterpool.com, you will get a 0.2% gross devcoin payment (converted from the other alt-coins at various exchanges, or the 1% fee if it isn't enough), as well as all devcoins merge mined in the last 24h period split by total hash over the day. The gross is calculated from all bitcoins plus alt-coins (valued by btc bid depth) minus the merged mined devcoins, passing through the server on a given day.

Of the remaining pool income, 0.2% of the gross will be sent in devcoins at market rate, to developers on the bitcoin and devcoin share lists, and the rest kept for server maintenance.

I've got a basic front end up and running, and I'm ready to start testing my algorithms to begin automating it. If you're a bitcoin miner with decent hash power, I'd appreciate it if you could throw a few hash my way to build the pool and start getting some bonus devcoin payouts. Even if you don't have much hash power but want something devcoiny to throw it at, you can connect to the pool and you should still get a share of something. If any miners wish to donate their devcoins to the developers, all they have to do is not register on the site and just connect using their bitcoin address to get the bitcoins, and the devcoins will go to the developers (they will be sent on top of the 0.2% figure).

Feel free to ask any questions.

bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:11:19 PM

The smaller of those 2 looks fine. Didn't know of 800 pixels limit, if that's the case then guess that's the answer. You can play around with pictures by adding size to the syntax e.g. ....jpg?500 http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_how_to_post_an_image

Quotes are just typed as one quote " rather than two single quotation marks ' '. http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=playground:playground (click edit this page to see difference)

The 800 pixels is here, sounds more like a suggestion by the wording

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_how_to_post_an_image#reduce_your_images_size_please

I switched to using 800x400 in all my future articles.
bit-fxtrader

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:17:11 PM

How much will I get if I use 'write for devtome' in my signiture? And how to apply/ who do I contact for this?
iheartcryptocoin

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

Hi!

Great work with this devcoin threat and the bounties.  I posted an article on planning for retirement.  http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=transatlantic_retirement_planning

I'd like to submit it for consideration in the investment plan bounty. 

My DVC is 1N6SqcHmzSzs1cCe4wEt7Mo84m2p74stts
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:28:21 PM

How much will I get if I use 'write for devtome' in my signiture? And how to apply/ who do I contact for this?

Everything you need to know is here Smiley it's 1/5 - 2/5 shares depending on your post count.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_marketing
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: