Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:46:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058407 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jdlrexy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:31:18 AM

Cool yup the info is correct! Thanks

I've include a section that let's let's people make money off of the projects created through the bounty engine if they originally invested in it. I think it's a cool additions to the whole project.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_engine

Thanks a lot! Here is my address:

16DV7iL8wVyozq973rj2qA3Zw4r7mvnAKc

I've entered it into the system.  Please verify that this is your correct devtome username and address:

Jdlrexy,16DV7iL8wVyozq973rj2qA3Zw4r7mvnAKc,6-Investment Business Plan(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4980155#msg4980155)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:58:02 AM

Wolong announcing DEV pump above 0.0001
 Is this trustable ?

Where did he announce this? Do you have a link / source?

As more and more people discover DVC, and as the number of Devcoins in the shares for developers decrease - over the long term the value of DVC / BTC will increase considerably, as individuals will have less to dump on the market at any one time.

DVC should take a quantum leap in value sometime soon - whether from a pump or from ever increasing interest in DVC, or both  Wink
Yea i think the 100k+ dvc share days are comin to a close.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:25:22 AM

Wolong announcing DEV pump above 0.0001
 Is this trustable ?

Where did he announce this? Do you have a link / source?

As more and more people discover DVC, and as the number of Devcoins in the shares for developers decrease - over the long term the value of DVC / BTC will increase considerably, as individuals will have less to dump on the market at any one time.

DVC should take a quantum leap in value sometime soon - whether from a pump or from ever increasing interest in DVC, or both  Wink
Yea i think the 100k+ dvc share days are comin to a close.

That all depends on the price Smiley. Shares have increased in the past after a couple months of $10/share.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:54:26 AM

Judging by the massive buy support on Cryptsy for the current price of 0.00000111 and upwards (100 BTC or so) I would say we are about to see a massive movement upwards.

Value is up roughly 75-80% on yesterday and the buy support is there to keep it moving.

*This is not advice to invest - just my opinion*

edit: we are already up to 0.00000117 and still going up strong with phenomenal buy support. This is definitely a breakout in DVC value right now. It looks exactly like what happened to DOGE a couple of weeks ago - except the DVC sell orders are thinner so I expect DVC to go up more than DOGE did. Again this is just my opinion.

I wouldn't be selling any DVC right now - the current activity is definitely something of a different scale right now signalling massive movements upwards.

edit 2: The massive buy walls just disappeared - not sure what's going on  Huh
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:44:18 AM

technical analysis can give you some basic idea if there are cyclic variations, and some idea what's " normal", but without qualitative analysis, yes, it's voodoo.... for instance, i have been sitting on 8 sell orders of 1000dvc each for about a month. while the normal trading range seemed to be dropping (the voodoo would have said to cancel my more ambitious orders, and cut my losses) i just let them sit... sure enough, DVC went up enough to execute 4 of my sell orders (with about 30% margin) and am within "spitting distance" of 3 of the other 4. you see, the qualitative part of the analysis had a press release a couple of days ago, plus a new influx of writers just before this round's deadline, plus the start of a new round... so i hung in there rather than cancelling orders that the "voodoo" would have indicated cancelling....
There's a difference between indicators reflecting price patterns and momentum (e.g. moving averages, rsi) and others constructing forward looking trades. In my experience patterns are important, as are psychology and herding which TA can reflect, but I think it's self-perpetuating. There are some markets where TA seems to work better, FX is one of them and particularly in short term charts. For example if trading interest rates then USD/JPY charts help, but I see that as price reflection with an obvious inter-relationship rather than anything else.

So I said voodoo partly just to be provocative and partly because I do think it's an eternal fruitless quest to wrap mass psychology in an indicator. But I still use it as a tool because sometimes it helps, I'd just never actually trade off it mechanically. I've written articles on TA so not slating the concept only how it can be applied as more than retrospective.

I'm also not a massive fan of qualitative analysis as it goes. Again it's a tool, because it doesn't really matter what I think, it's what everybody else thinks and does. I tend to look at relative value where possible, or momentum and sometimes just gut feeling. Risk management is probably the most important thing - more often than not flipping a coin and having the discipline to cut losses quickly and let gains go works, but mentally that's very hard to do.
gencoinx

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:55:20 AM

For anyone that wants to know wolong's plans for DVC follow him in his twitter https://twitter.com/GameOfDeception

his pumps are not 1 minute pumps, he no just pumps the price, he also helps stabilize the coin at a higher price  Grin
PureGreen

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:01:41 AM

Countdown is not working  Huh Huh Huh
Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:20:21 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 11:32:28 AM by Hunterbunter

Countdown is not working  Huh Huh Huh

sorry had to reinstall gitlab and it messed up everything. It'll be up shortly.

EDIT: back up
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

anyone buy $100 btc? wow
Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:36:24 AM

anyone buy $100 btc? wow

I know right...it only happened on btc-e though.

Can I put a petition through to improve devtome's hosting? It's failing more often than being readable at the moment. Scotty is pooped.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:54:57 AM

So since we are forking now anyways makes sense to start fresh with new wallet? Merged mining should now work when everyone is on newer client? We can also fix any fee stuff now decide what we want to do and also think about the difficulty algorithm to change back to bitcoin to speed up blockchain downloads aswell as easier to develop new devcoin clients...

Hunterbunter if we have only say a new
node trying to mine with the pool proxy and then you connect the proxy to the latest client will it request work properly? No crash? I assume so since both versions have same fee structure etc.
Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:23:20 PM

So since we are forking now anyways makes sense to start fresh with new wallet? Merged mining should now work when everyone is on newer client? We can also fix any fee stuff now decide what we want to do and also think about the difficulty algorithm to change back to bitcoin to speed up blockchain downloads aswell as easier to develop new devcoin clients...

Hunterbunter if we have only say a new
node trying to mine with the pool proxy and then you connect the proxy to the latest client will it request work properly? No crash? I assume so since both versions have same fee structure etc.

Did you figure out what the problem was?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the new node/pool proxy. Can you clarify?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:33:38 PM

If there is a real fix and mtgox claim stands even though this can be true:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456740.new#new

then we are at a hardfork.

Regardless by testing that the proxy connects to a miner with with new client and crashes with a miner running old client we can pretty much sum it up as a problem with code compatibility and not anything else.

Then since we will know its the code i can begin either the testnet route or debug statements using your setup as a test. If it will always crash at same spot it might be an easy fix..

If it crashes with new client and old client mining then it may still be the setup and not the code?

If we have to fork and new code (latest code in github) running connected to a miner asking the pool proxy for work runs smoothly then we can eliminate backwards compatbility and use new client as everyone switches.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

Regardless by testing that the proxy connects to a miner with with new client and crashes with a miner running old client we can pretty much sum it up as a problem with code compatibility and not anything else.

Then since we will know its the code i can begin either the testnet route or debug statements using your setup as a test. If it will always crash at same spot it might be an easy fix..

If it crashes with new client and old client mining then it may still be the setup and not the code?

If we have to fork and new code (latest code in github) running connected to a miner asking the pool proxy for work runs smoothly then we can eliminate backwards compatbility and use new client as everyone switches.

Bitcoin is not hard forking. Mt Gox is full of crap. The developers have said the problem is not crippling to Bitcoin and is not even on their priority list (they are aware of it).
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

Bitcoin is not hard forking. Mt Gox is full of crap. The developers have said the problem is not crippling to Bitcoin and is not even on their priority list (they are aware of it).

if thats true lets follow original path Hunterbunter and see if we can single out the problem in the new client code..

You can run another node connected to the proxy which is connected to your server node.. I think your seeing problem right away when proxy wakes up and sees that a new miner is available? Using the builtin qt miner set generate=true will do this hopefully? With only one node connected it will be easier to identify issue..

Do you follow or should I write it up more clear? Im on my iphone and its 5am so if so Ill do it on desktop later.
nibyokwy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:16:05 PM

has the new devcoin client added any of the hard or soft forking options that the new bitcoin activates? what has it done with regards to:

* version 2 blocks. i believe devcoin currently uses version 1 coinbases. when version 2 coinbases were first used in bitcoin the client had code that would reject version 1 blocks when a majority of version 2 blocks existed in the last X blocks. this was later removed once the supermajority was met and i believe the current bitcoin code now rejects version 1 blocks.

* is p2sh activated? p2sh transactions are unsafe if the majority of miners don't run p2sh enabled clients.

* there was a fork during the 0.8 version of the client due to the change to leveldb and differing locking behavior to bdb in the older client. this caused a chainfork when the old client rejected blocks that the new client created due to size constraints. a patch was created for old clients to enable them to have better locking constraints to accept the unusual blocks from the new client. this issue will exist in devcoin if miners run old and new clients. it will be possible for new client operators to force a chain split.

i'm sure there are other differences. were fee policies changed?

Any response to this? Unthinkingbit, what are the plans with regards to forking changes in the new client? I see mention of difficulty changes and other things? Is devcoin going to change quite a bit?
unclejed613

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:17:29 PM

Judging by the massive buy support on Cryptsy for the current price of 0.00000111 and upwards (100 BTC or so) I would say we are about to see a massive movement upwards.

Value is up roughly 75-80% on yesterday and the buy support is there to keep it moving.

*This is not advice to invest - just my opinion*

edit: we are already up to 0.00000117 and still going up strong with phenomenal buy support. This is definitely a breakout in DVC value right now. It looks exactly like what happened to DOGE a couple of weeks ago - except the DVC sell orders are thinner so I expect DVC to go up more than DOGE did. Again this is just my opinion.

I wouldn't be selling any DVC right now - the current activity is definitely something of a different scale right now signalling massive movements upwards.

edit 2: The massive buy walls just disappeared - not sure what's going on  Huh

i'm just letting the remainder of my bracketed sell orders "ride".... had 6 of them go through last night, averaging about 15% margin ... got 2 still waiting.... these are only 1000dvc each, part of a trading experiment... 15% margin in a month of running the experiment is not too bad.... better than when i traded stocks....

btw.... when the price is going up like this it's the wrong time to "invest"... the best time to invest is when the price is low....
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

The problem is known since 2011.

It's just a "smart" move from Gox who sold some BTC of its client and then they will buy it back after the crash. Basic market manipulation.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

Hunterbunter

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:31:29 PM

if thats true lets follow original path Hunterbunter and see if we can single out the problem in the new client code..

You can run another node connected to the proxy which is connected to your server node.. I think your seeing problem right away when proxy wakes up and sees that a new miner is available? Using the builtin qt miner set generate=true will do this hopefully? With only one node connected it will be easier to identify issue..

Do you follow or should I write it up more clear? Im on my iphone and its 5am so if so Ill do it on desktop later.

Ok this is the bit I'm not following:

Another node as in another p2pool node separate to the one I've already set up? What do you mean by proxy?

The problem happens like this:

- I start the newest source devcoin daemon, it connects to network and syncs with the network just fine, at this point it ignores P2Pool requests. While it's still syncing, P2Pool has an error when it tries to access the devcoin daemon, which says "devcoin is still downloading blocks". When devcoin daemon is stopped, it just says "can't connect to devcoind daemon"
 - When devcoin daemon is synced, it listens to the P2Pool request, but spits out that error below, and begins rejecting connections and disconnecting, and eventually terminates.
 - The P2Pool carries on doing what it's doing, and just spits out a little error every now and then saying "can't talk to the devcoin daemon", but it can continue talking to the miners and the other daemons. It seems unaffected by whether the daemon is alive or dead.
 - This happens on your newest code on github, but not on the 'initial devcoin based on bitcoin 0.8.5' commit e646ca6740862d6d5914d83b7e69bf31f95c25dc. On that commit, it seems to work normally (as in there are no errors, and the daemon doesn't terminate). I haven't found any blocks yet but that's probably just because of the relatively low hash power at the moment.

The devcoin daemon always complains with the same problem:
Code:
ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue negative
ERROR: CheckBlock() : CheckTransaction failed

Does that help?
nibyokwy

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:39:40 PM

Does that help?
paste more of the log. is there a section before that showing details of a block submission? could there be a problem with the transactions in the coinbase related to the devcoin payouts that come from the file it regularly downloads?

that's another thing that probably needs testing. testing blocks found before and after the boundaries of new file data.
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: