Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827254 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:50:13 AM

Okay, found the settings for finding the cube via proxy but it's now trying to mine scrypt. Is there a way to force it to only do SHA on the cube (and obviously the Rockminer when I get that going)?

You should be able to select the correct algorithm for your proxy.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShosMeister

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:58:11 AM

Okay, found the settings for finding the cube via proxy but it's now trying to mine scrypt. Is there a way to force it to only do SHA on the cube (and obviously the Rockminer when I get that going)?

Don't see that setting. When I put in multiple coins, both Scrypt and SHA, and set to switch based on profitability, the proxy switches to a Scrypt coin. Can't seem to find a way to tell it only pick from the SHA coins.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:12:38 AM

Don't see that setting. When I put in multiple coins, both Scrypt and SHA, and set to switch based on profitability, the proxy switches to a Scrypt coin. Can't seem to find a way to tell it only pick from the SHA coins.

Hmmm, yeah I don't use profit switching so I don't know what to suggest. I know others here use that function...

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
ShosMeister

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:55:11 AM

Now I have a bigger problem, quit out to do some other troubleshooting and play a bit of Diablo and now the GPU is gone. Tried resetting and checked all the settings but no go. Guess the game messed it up??? Would hate to have to reboot everytime I took a break.

And still can't get the RBox to show up Sad
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:20:48 AM

Now I have a bigger problem, quit out to do some other troubleshooting and play a bit of Diablo and now the GPU is gone. Tried resetting and checked all the settings but no go. Guess the game messed it up??? Would hate to have to reboot everytime I took a break.

Did you right click and use the search hardware function? I have 7x RBox miners hashing fine in MM

*Got LootCrate?*
BillTech

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:55:51 AM

hey nate had this on my computer with 3 monitors
mm used to open up on my monitor on the left
i had to remove that monitor but mm still opens up where
the other monitor was so i cant see or move window
ShosMeister

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

Did you right click and use the search hardware function? I have 7x RBox miners hashing fine in MM

Yes I did use the search hardware. When I look at it in Devices & Printers, I get "Unspecified/CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller". Looking at the details, I show
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\winusb.sys
C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll
C:\Windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll

If I launch Zadig, I see HidUsb (v6.1.7601.18199) -> WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) as the current driver. I also have libusbK (v3.0.6.0) and libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0) as other options. Both of those show an orange arrow indicating "Driver installation may produce unwanted results".

Is there anything that needs to be put into the MM settings (i.e. in the hardware scan)?
ThomasMuller

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

it would be nice to have Multiminer documentation for Ubuntu. When things go south it is hard to gather information to troubleshoot MM.

I promise I will put together an Ubuntu Wiki for MM.

Right now I'm trying to make MM use my own bfgminer 4.2 build.

I found the following in the forum:
//download and install the latest version of bfgminer
const string executablePath = @"D:\bfgminer\";
const string executableName = "bfgminer.exe";            
MinerBackend minerBackend = MinerBackend.Bfgminer;

Unix files don't have the extension .exe! So I have two options:

1. rename my bfgminer to bfgminer.exe
2. Even though I'm on Ubuntu I could get bfgminer.exe for Windows and move it to the folder  \MultiMiner\Miners\bfgminer

I went ahead and did the option #1 but no luck. It did NOT work.

I don't know if there is a better documentation for Ubuntu somewhere but debugging by trial and error is slow and time consuming. Is there a way to turn on Debug traces in MM? or verbose mode!

So far my attempts to make MM use bfgminer other than the one downloaded via ppa ended in failure I have been trying to make MM on Ubuntu 12.04  64bit for 3 days.
ThomasMuller

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

I did not want to go down this path but I'm not finding a lot of support for Ubuntu version of MM. I'm wondering if the developer tested this on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86 64bits.

I looked at his code and found the following in MinerPath.cs

private static string GetPathToMinerOnLinux(string minerName, string minerFileName)
        {
            string executablePath;
            //try local path first
            executablePath = Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, string.Format(@"Miners/{0}/bin/{1}",
                minerName, minerFileName));

if (!File.Exists(executablePath))
                //try /usr/local/bin
                executablePath = string.Format(@"/usr/local/bin/{0}", minerFileName);

if (!File.Exists(executablePath))
                //try /usr/bin
                executablePath = string.Format(@"/usr/bin/{0}", minerFileName);
            return executablePath;
        }

So first of all! moving bfgminer to \MultiMiner\Miners\bfgminer folder is INCORRECT!

He is expecting a "bin" folder so the correct path is "\MultiMiner\Miners\bfgminer\bin"

Next, the function that is looking for the bfgminer executable is the following:

public void RegisterMiners(string directory)
        {
            if (!Directory.Exists(directory))
                //otherwise raises a DirectoryNotFoundException under Mono
                return;

DirectoryInfo directoryInfo = new DirectoryInfo(directory);
            DirectoryInfo[] subDirectories = directoryInfo.GetDirectories();
            foreach (DirectoryInfo subDirectoryInfo in subDirectories)
            {
                string minerName = subDirectoryInfo.Name;

if (Miners.Any(m => m.Name.Equals(minerName, StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase)))
                    continue;

string searchPattern = "*miner";
                if (Utility.OS.OSVersionPlatform.GetGenericPlatform() != PlatformID.Unix)
                    searchPattern = "*miner.exe";

FileInfo[] files = subDirectoryInfo.GetFiles(searchPattern);
                if (files.Length > 0)
                    RegisterMiner(minerName, Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(files[0].Name), true);
            }
        }

So if platform is equals to PlatformID.Unix DON'T add .exe because string searchPattern = "*miner"; is the file name string correctly set.

I have bfgminer executable under
a. "Miners/bfgminer/bin/bfgminer"
b. "/usr/local/bin/bfgminer"

if I type "which bfgminer" I get
/usr/local/bin/bfgminer

But MM still does NOT work. I'm wondering if Utility.OS.OSVersionPlatform.GetGenericPlatform()  is returning the correct platform but without debug traces I can't tell. I still don't know how to step through the code under Ubuntu I would know in VS but that's Windows which defeats the purpose.

So I need the developer to tell me how to debug under Ubuntu or maybe if he is already set up for this maybe he can tell me.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:55:43 PM

Yes I did use the search hardware. When I look at it in Devices & Printers, I get "Unspecified/CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller". Looking at the details, I show
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\winusb.sys
C:\Windows\system32\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll
C:\Windows\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll

If I launch Zadig, I see HidUsb (v6.1.7601.18199) -> WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) as the current driver. I also have libusbK (v3.0.6.0) and libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0) as other options. Both of those show an orange arrow indicating "Driver installation may produce unwanted results".

Is there anything that needs to be put into the MM settings (i.e. in the hardware scan)?

Did you download the driver from here?
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Try that and just install over the other driver as I did with no issues.

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

Is there not a way to switch pools easily? I could have swore there was a simple way to switch between pools.

Only way I can see right now is to go into the coin config and select the pool I want to switch to and make that one priority...anyone have any tips?

Thanks

*Got LootCrate?*
imall4btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:20:19 PM

Hi, is there any guide(working) available on how to setup your G-Blade with MM? I've been reading and searching around, somewhere someone reports something and somewhere the other thing - with one single, same device that most of the people are using. Hence not able to gather it up altogether. I'll be getting my very first ASIC on coming Wednesday, so don't  have any pre-experience on setting it up. Any help/suggestion on how to set the G-Blade with MM is very much appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. G-Blade doesn't  works with SGMiner? Works stable with latest BFGMiner?

Wallet addresses being updated...
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

Ugh, another day, another batch of errors...

Code:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: multiminer.win.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 3.2.2.236
  Problem Signature 03: 539b8b30
  Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 50c29e85
  Problem Signature 07: 16cd
  Problem Signature 08: 15a
  Problem Signature 09: System.ComponentModel.Win32
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Code:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: multiminer.win.exe
P2: 3.2.2.236
P3: 539b8b30
P4: System.Windows.Forms
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 50c29e85
P7: 16cd
P8: 15a
P9: System.ComponentModel.Win32
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_multiminer.win.e_ba88e5cceb69d9ac5fe5ff67fffae8f5a7d960_228825c2

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b0e5484b-fa05-11e3-985b-448a5b5ed2c3
Report Status: 0

Code:

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2014-06-22T18:14:14.000000000Z

EventRecordID 5062

Channel Application

Computer r3dMNR927x

Security

- EventData

CLR20r3
   Not available
   multiminer.win.exe
   539b8b30
   System.Windows.Forms
   50c29e85
   16cd
   15a
   System.ComponentModel.Win32

C:\Users\morgan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_multiminer.win.e_ba88e5cceb69d9ac5fe5ff67fffae8f5a7d960_228825c2

b0e5484b-fa05-11e3-985b-448a5b5ed2c3

*Got LootCrate?*
ShosMeister

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

Hadn't done that before. Was using the zadig driver install/update method. I uninstalled the device and deleted associated driver then used your link to install the 64bit version of the SL driver. Device now shows up on COM5. Is that where it's supposed to be instead of USB?

When I tell MM to scan for new hardware it shows up along with my GPU (again for some reason). Will try to start mining here shortly and let you know.

Thanks!
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

Hadn't done that before. Was using the zadig driver install/update method. I uninstalled the device and deleted associated driver then used your link to install the 64bit version of the SL driver. Device now shows up on COM5. Is that where it's supposed to be instead of USB?

When I tell MM to scan for new hardware it shows up along with my GPU (again for some reason). Will try to start mining here shortly and let you know.

Thanks!

The driver I linked is the PROPER driver for your RBox so you should be good to go.
COM5 is one of many USB "ports" on your computer, the more USB devices you add, the more COM channels will be used. My 3d printer connected via USB communicates (COM) over COM4 currently. If I swapped USB ports, the COM# will change accordingly.

*Got LootCrate?*
Harwood

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:08:46 AM

Having the same issue, but with Gridseed "Pucks".  I was looking forward to watching each of the pucks mining a different coin though MultiMiner.  It is not happening on SHA-256 with USB Block Eruptors, they hash multiple coins with aplomb.

MY MULTIMINER v3.2.2 SETUP WITH GRIDSEED G-BLADE 5.2MH/S Litecoin mining setup.

(Foreword for the N00bies like me)
"The G-blades show up as STM32 Virtual COM Port by STMicroelectronics" if you have your drivers all setup properly in Windows 7.

I have a problem which you will see from the image below with Litecoin mining (I don't do dual mining mode on these two G-blades):

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264/suzukii69/Mining%20My%20Own%20Business/GridSeedampMultiMiner322Setup.jpg

So it says that I'm getting approximately 11.38MH/s with this config setup.  See the "Arguments" & "Hardware Scan:" contents.

The Wemineltc pool reports that it's only seeing about 6-7MH/s after about 15min.  I've tried another pool & I get the same results.

Also, why does Multiminer alternate & constantly show's only 3 out of the 4 G-blade blades hashing & under the "effective" tab even if all for are connected to the pool only 3 out of the 4 show they're hashing?

I've replicated this on both my laptop & my PC.
I get the same thing happening on both & mentality restarting MiMi (that's my new pet name for Multiminer)  & it never recovers.

I've ruled my USB 2.0 hub out because I swapped it out with another powered USB 2.0 10 port Rosewill hub around twice with the same results. 
Using Windows 7 SP1 OS.

Help?
ShosMeister

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:40:28 AM

Thanks!

The driver I linked is the PROPER driver for your RBox so you should be good to go.
COM5 is one of many USB "ports" on your computer, the more USB devices you add, the more COM channels will be used. My 3d printer connected via USB communicates (COM) over COM4 currently. If I swapped USB ports, the COM# will change accordingly.

Update: Got it working. Thanks! Did a quick test run and seems to be okay. Will adjust some settings and fire it off to see if it keeps going. Thanks again for the help!!
ltcmorethenbtc

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:40:11 AM

This is to help anyone that is/was in my noobie shoes with the Darkcoin setup & mining within MultiMiner 3.0.x that is looking to get the Darkcoin mining going as quickly as possible using the great GUI MultiMiner provided by NWOOLLS.

Results may vary from GPU to GPU & from system to system.
(Noobie admission): Oh, and please, please, Puh-Leeeze, don't play videos while using your GPU to mine.  I learned that the hard way.

Preface: & My cry:
I've been mining for Bitcoin & Litecoin with MultiMiner for over 5 months now with little trouble.
I've done mining using GPU & USB miners, standalone AVALON & ANTminers & now back to GPU mining for the Darkcoin, coin, for now.  I'm still doing the other mining as well.

The reason I've posted this is because I was in need of some minor help in setting this up a few days ago & no one was able to come to my aide for whatever reasons or I was just too impatient in a period of 24 hours, (I think I was impatient). so I figured this out on my own.

PS: I'm a noob myself, but this works for me & if it works for you, Kudos.
PPS: If I was able to help you in any way & you're feeling generous & you get that weird feeling that you may want to send a small donation to the address below in darkcoin, litecoin or bitcoin. The payment addresses are waaaaaaaay at the bottom.

PPPS: I'm using modest settings here.  Try at your own risk.  (but this did work for me & has been)

Prerequisites: You will need to register at a Darkcoin pool of your choice, create an account & worker name of your choice prior to success with MultiMiner or any other miner application for that matter.  For my config I've setup over at: www.drkpool.com.
Install MultiMiner v3.x.x, I'm using v3.0.2 with SGHSGMiner.

Know that I won't go through everything in MultiMiner's configuration since most of them are self explanatory except for the setting up of mining for different coin configs.

My hardware:
I'm using a XFX AMD R9 290X GPU on an i7 CPU/Gigabyte X79 motherboard, with 24GB RAM, Dual 500SSD boot drive system with Windows 7 as my O.S.  
I'm getting about 2.4MH/s, with no errors, at approximately 65 degrees Celsius.  Again, your results may vary.
The "Arguments" section, (you'll see later), varies greatly so my settings there work for me, but may not for you.

Here we go with the config steps:

GOTO "Settings", THIS OPENS UP THE "Configure Settings" DIALOG BOX,
GOTO "Advanced miner", THIS OPENS UP THE "Configure Miner settings" DIALOG BOX,
GOTO "Advanced GPU Miner Settings, THIS OPENS UP THE "Configure GPU Miner settings,
FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX SELECT "X11",
FROM THE "Miner:" DROPDOWN BOX SELECT "SPHSGMiner",  (that's my preference & what I'm using)

(Check) Terminate GPU miners, (that's my preference & what I'm using)

THEN CLICK "OK".
NOW BACK AT THE "Configure Miner settings" DIALOG BOX,
FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX SELECT "X11" OPTION,
TO THE RIGHT COPY&PASTE OR ENTER THE FOLLOWING STRINGS:
-I 12 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 25600 -g 1 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --temp-cutoff 70,

I'm currently using "-I 18 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 30592 -g 1 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --temp-cutoff 75",
(that's my preference & what I'm using),

(You can experiment with different settings based on your GPU card)
(My intensity level, "-I", can be set from the "12" setting upto the max setting, "20" (for the R9 290X GPU).)
(The closer I get to "20" the slower & unusable my entire PC becomes, keep this in mind.)

(Noobie admission): Oh, and please, please, Puh-Leeeze, don't play videos while using your GPU to mine.  I learned that the hard way.

THEN CLICK "OK".

----------------
----------------

TO THE RIGHT OF "Settings" THERE IS AN ARROW, CLICK ON IT.
FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX SELECT "Coins",
SELECT "Add Coin",

TYPE IN (without quotes " "):
"DarkCoin",

Exchange Symbol:

"DRK",

ALGORITHM:
"X11"

THEN (CHECK) "Coin configuration enabled"
THEN CONFIGURE YOUR COIN'S Host:, Port:, Worker Name: & Password: INFORMATION.

THEN CLICK "OK".

Give your MultiMiner app a quick review of all your other settings before clicking on the "START" button.

Good luck, happy mining & always donate to Mr. Woolls by going into the "Perks" section of MultiMiner to help the cause.

If I should've posted this in a separate thread please advise.

If you have any negative remarks or don't have any constructive criticism to help noobies, please save it for the end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donations:
BTC:
13CKFjxJA41SQsy355BQaqzJg3x2yV8wBG

LTC:
LPz61ySe84cM2e8R5ajjHLHtVwZUfuadxp

DRK:
XrGTWvaz4a3djdrZeizFHKXDwZkbTviYPA

Thanks mate!

Hello All,

I have followed everything from the post above ,but without result ....
My cards have 100% errors .
I'm using Win 8 , R9 280x Vapor-X and multiminner 3.2.2.
Is the issue in my Win 8 ?
Could you please assist me ?
BillTech

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:47:19 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:48:01 AM by BillTech

figured outa way to do it
had to change the monitor orientation in win 7

hey nate had this on my computer with 3 monitors
mm used to open up on my monitor on the left
i had to remove that monitor but mm still opens up where
the other monitor was so i cant see or move window
ShosMeister

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Question on my setup. Thanks to the help on here, I now have it running and it recognizes both my cube and my rbox.

Question is about the workers. I have setup the workers in the coin config which is where I thought it was supposed to be. When I show the details for my GPU mining using scrypt, it does not show a worker at all. When I show the details for the rbox, again, there is no worker displayed. When I show the details for my cube, it shows a worker but it's not the one that I have listed for the coin that it's mining - also the cube and rbox are mining the same thing.

When I check my account online, I only see one worker and it's not the same that's displayed on MM. I'm concerned that it's actually not going where I want because I put something in wrong or is just a display issue? Is there a way to verify the settings that the associated BFG was started with (since I don't know how to customize that)?

So I guess the other way to ask this question is can I setup a specific worker for each device regardless of the coin they are mining? If so, how?

Thanks!!
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: