Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:14:09 AM

May be unrelated to my previous crashes, but I got another one tonight - this time with BFGminer.  Happened right after I started trying out a new coin for the first time - Benjamins.

Update: Yup, it doesn't like Benjamins - it keeps crashing.  Switched off of it for now.  Not sure if it's a MuM or BFG issue.  I'm disabling the coin for now though.

Looks like somehow BFGminer became corrupt.  It started doing it on other coins too.  Deleted the BFGminer folder and let it re-download.  Running fine since then.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raptor2213

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:20:37 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:05:56 AM by Raptor2213

May be unrelated to my previous crashes, but I got another one tonight - this time with BFGminer.  Happened right after I started trying out a new coin for the first time - Benjamins.

Update: Yup, it doesn't like Benjamins - it keeps crashing.  Switched off of it for now.  Not sure if it's a MuM or BFG issue.  I'm disabling the coin for now though.

Looks like somehow BFGminer became corrupt.  It started doing it on other coins too.  Deleted the BFGminer folder and let it re-download.  Running fine since then.

Spoke too soon, crashed again.  I'm reverting back to 2.4 again.

Update: I found the issue.  I restarted the computer, and it re-detected one of my miners and assigned it to another port.  No idea what was going on with it.

Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:33:03 AM

Is there a command missing to tell BFGminer to compile scrypt?

Good call, yes --enable-scrypt

I thought so. I compiled it per your instructions, thinking perhaps that this fork compiled scrypt default enabled. I am recompiling now per the commands listed below.

So, just to clarify for anyone copying the instructions verbatim, it should be:

Code:
git clone -b feature\/dualminer-support https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer.git bfgminer
cd bfgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-scrypt
make

fyi: this works.

Currently running two instances of BFGMiner on my pi: one for my SHA-256 devices, and one for the Dualminer. Everything seems to be working as expected.
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:53:19 AM

Currently running two instances of BFGMiner on my pi: one for my SHA-256 devices, and one for the Dualminer. Everything seems to be working as expected.

Awesome - thanks! You are the first to test things I think  Grin

If you feel like continuing to test - both modes should work. If you stop mining, remove the stick, switch it to B, and then plug it in you can then launch BFGMiner with --scrypt to mine at 30Kh/s Scrypt or without --scrypt to mine at 500Mh/s SHA-2.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Blackbird0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:59:35 AM

Awesome - thanks! You are the first to test things I think  Grin

If you feel like continuing to test - both modes should work. If you stop mining, remove the stick, switch it to B, and then plug it in you can then launch BFGMiner with --scrypt to mine at 30Kh/s Scrypt or without --scrypt to mine at 500Mh/s SHA-2.

I can give that a shot tomorrow. Going to turn in soon.

What are the commands to tell the Dualminer which pools to mine each "half" of itself to? Right now, I'm just running a single instance of BFGMiner with the Dualminer pointed to a single scrypt pool, and another instance with my more complex command lines for my SHA-256 devices with various failover pools, overclocking, etc.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:16:23 AM

What are the commands to tell the Dualminer which pools to mine each "half" of itself to? Right now, I'm just running a single instance of BFGMiner with the Dualminer pointed to a single scrypt pool, and another instance with my more complex command lines for my SHA-256 devices with various failover pools, overclocking, etc.

It requires two instances of BFGMiner (or any other miner really). We have plans to try to improve this in the future to work with one instance.

So you'd flip the switch to B on the device and then launch an instance of BFGMiner with -S dualminer:all --scrypt and another with just -S dualminer:all.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:36:15 AM

Another most likely obvious answer I cannot seem to find.
On MobileMiner when I go to my Avalon it shows the temp yet in MobileMiner any of them all on the same network as the Avalon the temp is not shown.
Is this a bug or am I missing a setting?

By the way I did not get to try the DualMiner version yet.  Spasms landed me in bed unfortunately.  I will attempt that tomorrow.
Thanks again Nate for the info.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:44:42 AM

On MobileMiner when I go to my Avalon it shows the temp yet in MobileMiner any of them all on the same network as the Avalon the temp is not shown.

I think you meant MultiMiner with one of these? I'm not quite sure what you meant - do you think you could post a couple of screenshots?

Sorry to be a pain - I have so many things going on these days it's easiest if I have a picture of something visual to go off. Thanks for understanding!  Grin

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:02:53 AM

In MobileMiner I can see the temp of my Avalon like this screenshot.

But in any of my MultiMiner instances I cannot see it.

I hope this makes sense and I am not just exhausted and not seeing things correctly.

I think you meant MultiMiner with one of these? I'm not quite sure what you meant - do you think you could post a couple of screenshots?

Sorry to be a pain - I have so many things going on these days it's easiest if I have a picture of something visual to go off. Thanks for understanding!  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:21:56 AM

I hope this makes sense and I am not just exhausted and not seeing things correctly.

Got it - thank you!

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:33:47 AM

No problem and it is not an issue.
I just happened to notice it tonight when I was stuck in bed and using MobileMiner to check on things.

Got it - thank you!

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:45:11 AM

I'm seriously considering buying an Antminer S1 soon, but there's one thing that's worrying me about using it with MuM.  In theory, if I start using a S1, whatever pool I'm using will increase the difficulty to compensate.  Would this not cause my U1s to mine at a difficulty of around 200?  If so, would it not cause them to have issues keeping up?

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:27:55 AM

I have updated to 2.7.4 and a drop of approx. 35-60kh/s total on my dual 5830 miner. I have since reverted back to 2.6.2 and now my Multi-Miner is not "Starting with Windows". Later I will install CCleaner and clean up my registry, maybe that will help MM not starting with windows. Not sure where to start for the kh/s rate drop.

MultiMiner does not affect your performance. Unless you changed the version of bfgminer installed there should be no noticeable difference between versions. I've tested 2.6.4 vs 2.7.4 and I get the exact same hashrate. There's also been no changes to how it is launched with Windows. Try creating a shortcut in your Startup folder.

Current rig setup: Windows 7 x64, 1x Sapphire HD5830, 1xDiamond HD5830, Catalyst 13.1, scrypt arguments: --thread-concurrency 5568 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 990 --gpu-memclock 1000 --gpu-powertune 20 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 70 --gpu-fan 40-100 --auto-fan -I19 -g 1 -w 256 = 625kh/s 69deg steady)

MultiMiner crashed 2x earlier on this machine. Here is a copy of the error message/crash report..

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   MultiMiner.Win.exe
  Application Version:   2.6.2.143
  Application Timestamp:   52f03f64
  Fault Module Name:   KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.18229
  Fault Module Timestamp:   51fb1677
  Exception Code:   e053534f
  Exception Offset:   000000000000940d
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   MultiMiner.Win.exe
  Application Version:   2.6.2.143
  Application Timestamp:   52f03f64
  Fault Module Name:   KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.18229
  Fault Module Timestamp:   51fb1677
  Exception Code:   e053534f
  Exception Offset:   000000000000940d
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Are there any other log files generated by MM or perhaps BFG

As far as the hash rate drop I noticed between 2.6.2 and 2.7.2/2.7.4, I am puzzled as well since I made not other changes. I used the auto update feature, though sometimes the install hung and required a removal and reinstall/upgrade. I noticed the hash rate drop on another machine as well, this time a Windows 8 machine and same deal 2.6.2 was hashing @320+, upgraded to 2.7.4 and max my Sapphire 5830 could reach was approx. 289.
I will work on compiling some screenshots of this issue and posting them asap (as well as Cube machine errors). I am still recovering passwords and synchronizing my network.

Thanks again for all the help and hard work you have put into MultMiner. I have used a few other miners and I feel that MM offers a very robust features and a super friendly gui

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Blackbird0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:09:35 PM

It requires two instances of BFGMiner (or any other miner really). We have plans to try to improve this in the future to work with one instance.

So you'd flip the switch to B on the device and then launch an instance of BFGMiner with -S dualminer:all --scrypt and another with just -S dualminer:all.

So, not trying to the B mode yet, because I think I'm having trouble with the L mode.

I left it on for about 6 hours, and it seems to only rarely be giving accepted blocks. For instance, in the last 5 minutes, it's only given one accepted block. No HW errors, no rejections.

I wonder if I'm not adding the right commands to the command line? Additionally, the little yellow light on it that seems to indicate it's on turned off when I woke up this morning. The pool I was mining at indicated it had not accepted any shares for several hours.

I don't believe it's any sort of power problem, simply because my SHA-256 stuff, which is plugged in to the same hub, is still mining happily away.

I'm just writing in the following from commandline.

Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -S dualminer:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.fast-pool.com:3001 -u [name] -p [pw]

Do I need to tell BFGMiner to somehow set a difficulty or open a certain number of threads?
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:42:21 PM

I realize this isn't the BFGminer thread, but since we can only use Multiminer with BFGminer, has there been any work or progress on the issue of huge numbers of rejects and inability to solo mine using BFGminer? In order to keep profitability up, I have to be able to solo mine coins, and I cannot currently use multiminer to do that.

Still launching and tweaking 40+ cgminer batch files whenever I have to solo, and then I end up losing hash rate to dead or sick cards. Where exactly does the problem lay in BFGminer? Is there any band-aid that I can try?

To those not familiar, this is not just an issue of misconfigured cards, I've solo mined for nearly a year, but when I made the switch to BFGminer, nearly 99% of the blocks found are rejected. Nwoolls was also able to replicate on the testnet. I'm just confused on how BFGminer morphed away from CGminer and broke the feature.

I've got to start testing some other solutions.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Blackbird0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:38:32 PM

So, not trying to the B mode yet, because I think I'm having trouble with the L mode.

I left it on for about 6 hours, and it seems to only rarely be giving accepted blocks. For instance, in the last 5 minutes, it's only given one accepted block. No HW errors, no rejections.

I wonder if I'm not adding the right commands to the command line? Additionally, the little yellow light on it that seems to indicate it's on turned off when I woke up this morning. The pool I was mining at indicated it had not accepted any shares for several hours.

I don't believe it's any sort of power problem, simply because my SHA-256 stuff, which is plugged in to the same hub, is still mining happily away.

I'm just writing in the following from commandline.

Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -S dualminer:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.fast-pool.com:3001 -u [name] -p [pw]

Do I need to tell BFGMiner to somehow set a difficulty or open a certain number of threads?

Hmm...I think the pool I was on was DDoSed last night. I'm mining now with a bunch of failovers, and it seems to have been going fine for the last 2-3 hours.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:26:08 PM

To those not familiar, this is not just an issue of misconfigured cards, I've solo mined for nearly a year, but when I made the switch to BFGminer, nearly 99% of the blocks found are rejected. Nwoolls was also able to replicate on the testnet. I'm just confused on how BFGminer morphed away from CGminer and broke the feature.

I'll bring it back up with Luke. I do have some notes from him. He suggested making sure that --scan-time and --expiry are working as intended. I just haven't had time to dig too deeply with everything going on. I'll try to make a point of it before I dig back into writing more drivers.

FWIW both Luke and I dug through all previous versions of BFGMiner and it isn't something that got broke at any point. Scrypt solo mining never worked (well) it seems, starting from the versions that very first supported Scrypt mining. So I think it is more of a case of CGMiner fixing something at some point, rather than BFGMiner breaking something.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:12:34 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know I put up a small review of the DualMiner on cryptocoinsnews.com
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/26/dualminer-sha-256-scrypt-usb-miner/

It really is a good product and I wanted to share my experience using it with everyone.
I also made sure to mention that Nate and Luke were working hard on getting support for them for MultiMiner and BFGMiner.

thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:01:24 PM

I have multiminer checking for straight profitability every 5 minutes from coinwarz, I know when it switches to a different coin it restarts the miner, does it restart every 5 minutes even if it's the same coin? also for the people that use multiminer for multiswitching, do you think coinchoose is a better option than coinwars in terms of profitabilility? I bought 50000 api calls from coinwarz, but I never compared it agains coinchoose which is free.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:17:56 PM

On the DualMiner support.
I cannot get it to detect the unit.  It flashes the light on it and seems to know it's there but it never shows up in the device list.  I even tried on my laptop. 
Do I need to add something somewhere?

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: