Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:13:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:36:43 AM

I have an avalon gen 2 clone and am trying to solo mine alt sha coins with it. I was referred to try multiminer for this. Multiminer does not detect my network miner (the avalon).

You need to make sure that:

• The Network Device is on the same local network / IP subnet
  • Your Network Device needs to be configured to enable API access
  • Your Network Device needs to be configured to allow API access from MultiMiner

For instance, for the AntMiner S1 you need to SSH into it and edit /etc/config/cgminer, changing/adding the following line:

Code:
option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24'

The above assumes your local network is 192.168.1.0-255. After that you need to wait a few minutes for MultiMiner to scan your network.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:54:03 AM

Added 192.168.0.0/24 as my ip subnet is 0. I applied it to the cgminer conf on the avalon. Doesn't this only run when cgminer is running on the avalon? It still doesn't detect it though. I am confused how to even use multiminer for what I am trying to do. Multiminer uses bfgminer right? How will multiminer detect and use my networked miner? It has luci flashed onto a tplink and I pull up a web interface and enter the pool info there.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:59:40 AM

Added 192.168.0.0/24 as my ip subnet is 0. I applied it to the cgminer conf on the avalon. Doesn't this only run when cgminer is running on the avalon? It still doesn't detect it though. I am confused how to even use multiminer for what I am trying to do. Multiminer uses bfgminer right? How will multiminer detect and use my networked miner? It has luci flashed onto a tplink and I pull up a web interface and enter the pool info there.

Restart MultiMiner or wait 10 minutes for it to re-run its scan. If it's still not showing up try the steps in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.msg5230592;topicseen#msg5230592

MultiMiner will monitor your rig and allow you to restart it and change pools. In addition if you setup MobileMiner you can monitor your rig from anywhere at http://web.mobileminerapp.com or from your smart phone and get alerts when anything is wrong.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:10:21 AM

Nice! I just had to wait longer, it looked like the scan was done but it's there now. Now just to figure out solo mining! I can connect to the wallet on my pc with the avalon without multiminer, but it shows no hashrate and only show "getworks". I am assuming this is means it is not using stratum. How can I use the stratum proxy to solo mine from a wallet on my pc. Also, I am trying to mine a coin that's not listed, does that matter?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:13:33 AM

Nice! I just had to wait longer, it looked like the scan was done but it's there now.

Awesome - glad it's working for you  Grin

Now just to figure out solo mining! I can connect to the wallet on my pc with the avalon without multiminer, but it shows no hashrate and only show "getworks". I am assuming this is means it is not using stratum. How can I use the stratum proxy to solo mine from a wallet on my pc. Also, I am trying to mine a coin that's not listed, does that matter?

You can enable to Stratum Proxy option under Settings > Advanced miner settings. After it's enabled, right-click the main window and go to Scan Hardware so the Proxy device shows. Configure your pool in the Coins dialog and then right-click the Proxy device and assign the coin to it. Finally click Start.

On the Avalon web UI, add the IP and port of your MultiMiner instance as a pool and then point it at that. You'll want to point it at the GetWork port (shown in the MultiMiner settings dialog).

And you can add and mine any coin - if it's not in the list it won't have profitability info.

Edit: By the way, once the Avalon is mining using the Stratum Proxy in MultiMiner it's going to stop showing as a Network Device. This is by-design so that the hashrate displayed is consistent. Network Devices pointed at the Stratum Proxy show on the right if you double-click the Proxy device.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:03:39 AM

Odd thing going on lately.
When I am in the MobileMiner app on my android it only shows one of my USB devices. 
Not sure what is causing that.  I went though and checked my settings and nothing had changed.

It's the PR of BFGMiner 4.0. It has a bug in the RPC API causing this. We're looking into it.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:04:26 AM

Cool deal.
Thanks for checking it out.
Have a great rest of the weekend.

Odd thing going on lately.
When I am in the MobileMiner app on my android it only shows one of my USB devices. 
Not sure what is causing that.  I went though and checked my settings and nothing had changed.

It's the PR of BFGMiner 4.0. It has a bug in the RPC API causing this. We're looking into it.

djaychela

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

Had a bit of a disaster with my network miner, so it's now offline.

It's not showing up in Multiminer, but in MobileMiner it still does:

[...]

When I tap it, it shows that it's offline, but still shows 2.31Gh/s, although that number isn't part of the total on the main screen of MM.

Any clues?

That's normal. It's showing up as offline (the plug showing unplugged instead of the picture of the running guy). When you tap it then it should say offline and when the last time it was online.

If you want to remove it you can swipe to delete the machine from MobileMiner.
OK, thanks, just seems a bit non-intuitive that the hash rate still shows up in that page.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:43:36 PM

Hi Everyone.
I just wanted to share my article on MultiMiner with you all.
Thanks Nate for creating a great program that has made mining for me not only easy but fun.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/02/multiminer-mining-made-easy/

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:32:20 PM

Here's a quick preview of a new feature coming in the next release:

This should make life even easier for users of MultiMiner Remoting!

Happing mining  Grin

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

That is great.
I was actually was going to ask about that soon.
That will make it so much easier.
Question though can it sync all coins from all rigs so if you have a couple on one rig but not the other and the same a couple coins on another that are not on the main one can they sync so you have them all?

Here's a quick preview of a new feature coming in the next release:

This should make life even easier for users of MultiMiner Remoting!

Happing mining  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:53:58 PM

Question though can it sync all coins from all rigs so if you have a couple on one rig but not the other and the same a couple coins on another that are not on the main one can they sync so you have them all?

That will take some initial manual cleanup but it's already pretty easy to do with MultiMiner Remoting. If you select a remote instance, you can go to Configure Coins to see that machine's configurations. Then you can click the Export button to export the configurations.

Next select another remote or local instance and again go to Configure Coins. Click Import and import the exported coin configurations. This will merge them all together.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:57:13 PM

Excellent!
Thanks, that will be great.
So far by the way my DualMiner has been working great with the pre-release.

That will take some initial manual cleanup but it's already pretty easy to do with MultiMiner Remoting. If you select a remote instance, you can go to Configure Coins to see that machine's configurations. Then you can click the Export button to export the configurations.

Next select another remote or local instance and again go to Configure Coins. Click Import and import the exported coin configurations. This will merge them all together.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

From the Oh My God It's About Time What Have You Been Doing Instead Of That Feature? category:

You can now switch coins in MultiMiner using MobileMiner. This will be included in the next release, but if you'd like to preview it now, you can download a PR of MultiMiner here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hkpdd1rlwzbv5v/MultiMiner-2.7.5.zip

And you can use the HTML5 MobileMiner App (this will be added to the mobile apps Soon(tm)):

http://web.mobileminerapp.com

Documentation for this addition to the MobileMiner API will be available Soon(tm) on http://mobileminerapp.com.

Flashpunk

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:04:22 AM

Hi there, i'm trying to get the CGMinerMobileAdapter script running on my BAMT machines (all running BAMT 1.3). I've successfully installed them, have restarted them, and can see that there is a screen running for the app. However, I am not receiving data to either the iPhone app or http://web.mobileminerapp.com/. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:08:25 AM

Hi there, i'm trying to get the CGMinerMobileAdapter script running on my BAMT machines (all running BAMT 1.3). I've successfully installed them, have restarted them, and can see that there is a screen running for the app. However, I am not receiving data to either the iPhone app or http://web.mobileminerapp.com/. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Is there any output from CGMinerMobileAdapter? From scanning the source code it seems to print and log both success and error texts:

https://github.com/Axadiw/CGMinerMobileAdapter/blob/master/CGMinerMobileAdapter.py

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:12:33 AM

any chance to support sgminer for scrypt mining on gpus ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:26:06 AM

Doubtful, unless someone has the time to code the support in MultiMiner (I do not). I've asked the SGMiner folks to contribute their changes back up to BFGMiner but they are not interested in that.

In the meantime, many of the useful features found in SGMiner are already ready for BFGMiner 4.0 (and some of them made their way back to SGMiner, if you check their commits). BFGMiner 4.0 has support for shader-based intensity, multiple gpu-thread settings, higher intensities, as well as early support for ASIC Scrypt miners. I'd personally rather spend my time focusing on improving BFGMiner.

MultiMiner is Open Source though and again I'd welcome anyone to contribute source that allows it to use multiple mining backends in a clean way, as long as they are willing to maintain that code.

Flashpunk

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:37:15 AM

Doubtful, unless someone has the time to code the support in MultiMiner (I do not). I've asked the SGMiner folks to contribute their changes back up to BFGMiner but they are not interested in that.

In the meantime, many of the useful features found in SGMiner are already ready for BFGMiner 4.0 (and some of them made their way back to SGMiner, if you check their commits). BFGMiner 4.0 has support for shader-based intensity, multiple gpu-thread settings, higher intensities, as well as early support for ASIC Scrypt miners. I'd personally rather spend my time focusing on improving BFGMiner.

MultiMiner is Open Source though and again I'd welcome anyone to contribute source that allows it to use multiple mining backends in a clean way, as long as they are willing to maintain that code.

Wait i'm confused. CGMinerMobileAdapter works with BAMT (it specifies Sgminer). Shouldn't you be able to apply some level of support.
Flashpunk

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:43:49 AM

Is there any output from CGMinerMobileAdapter? From scanning the source code it seems to print and log both success and error texts:

https://github.com/Axadiw/CGMinerMobileAdapter/blob/master/CGMinerMobileAdapter.py

Looks as if it's getting a 404.

Code:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 397, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 435, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 518, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

2014-03-02 21:38:50,886 ERROR [Errno 111] Connection refused
2014-03-02 21:38:50,887 ERROR [Errno 32] Broken pipe
[2014-03-02 21:38:50]  Getting Data from CGMiner RPC API using port:4028
2014-03-02 21:38:50,887 WARNING Generic Exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/CGMinerMobileAdapter/CGMinerMobileAdapter.py", line 104, in <module>
    for item in data['DEVS']:
TypeError: string indices must be integers, not str

I don't know python, but I don't see what could be causing this in CGMinerMobileAdapter.py, the line is very simple, and it doesn't look like there are any vars being passed. I'm wondering if putting my application key in with hypens (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) may be causing the issue?
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: