Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:07:16 PM

Any idea what could be causing multi miner to keep on showing program not responding tried uninstalling removing everything related to it and still it continues to say program not responding every few min. Also tried to use 2.6.2 still does it

Try disabling the option to Automatically detect Network Devices under Settings > Advanced application settings. If that helps, do you have a slow miner and / or a lot of miners on your network?

the miner its self has  5gpus on it and keeps doing it. Miners are working fine however one of them does like glitch out and then starts up but at a much slower speed. I have also tried to reduce clock speeds on that card making no difference. Have tried cgminer to replicate and theirs no error. However this is with the r290x series cards.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:00:39 AM

All of the sudden I have double the machines on my Mobile Miner App on both my Iphone and IPad. I have my machines that I have always had and now I have the IP addresses of the same machines that show up as additional rigs. They are the same IP addresses as my rigs and show the same stats for Hashrate and Temp. However, it says they are mining bitcoin. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Maybe I changed a setting and didn't realize it.

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:52:03 AM

All of the sudden I have double the machines on my Mobile Miner App on both my Iphone and IPad. I have my machines that I have always had and now I have the IP addresses of the same machines that show up as additional rigs. They are the same IP addresses as my rigs and show the same stats for Hashrate and Temp. However, it says they are mining bitcoin. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Maybe I changed a setting and didn't realize it.

Interesting - the only way I can think that would happen is if BFGMiner is setup to allow API connections from any other PC, which is not the default for MultiMiner. Are you passing in additional arguments for API whitelisting?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
rlhead7173

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:12:34 AM

Interesting - the only way I can think that would happen is if BFGMiner is setup to allow API connections from any other PC, which is not the default for MultiMiner. Are you passing in additional arguments for API whitelisting?

Yes, I put in the IP address of my primary workstation under Advanced Miner Setting, Permit IPs,  on all my rigs just to try it out. The machines showed up on my primary workstation in the lower part of the Multiminer application windows. However, it showed up as IP addresses and said they were mining Bitcoin. I only mine script coins. The check boxes were also not "functional" meaning I could not uncheck the box. I ended up taking out the IP addresses on the machines to put everything back the way it was. Now, on my Iphone app, I have the machines listed by there IP and it says they are mining bitcoin and I have the actual machines listed by name. After further inspection I have realized that the machines listed by IP do not change stats and have all remote commands, Stop, Start, Restart, greyed out. It looks like they are left in some config file and may need to be erased. Maybe, they are in an XML file in C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\MultiMiner and need to be taken out or something.

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:50:16 AM

Yes, I put in the IP address of my primary workstation under Advanced Miner Setting, Permit IPs,  on all my rigs just to try it out. The machines showed up on my primary workstation in the lower part of the Multiminer application windows. However, it showed up as IP addresses and said they were mining Bitcoin. I only mine script coins. The check boxes were also not "functional" meaning I could not uncheck the box. I ended up taking out the IP addresses on the machines to put everything back the way it was. Now, on my Iphone app, I have the machines listed by there IP and it says they are mining bitcoin and I have the actual machines listed by name. After further inspection I have realized that the machines listed by IP do not change stats and have all remote commands, Stop, Start, Restart, greyed out. It looks like they are left in some config file and may need to be erased. Maybe, they are in an XML file in C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\MultiMiner and need to be taken out or something.

Hey, I had the same issue after the recent updates. For the fix, just delete the "ghost" macine/device then uninstall and reinstall MMapp after entering your API key, you should be good to go.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:53:39 AM

Hey, I had the same issue after the recent updates. For the fix, just delete the "ghost" macine/device then uninstall and reinstall MMapp after entering your API key, you should be good to go.

Lemme know if this helps.

Thanks - was just going to post this. You can delete machines from any of the apps - iOS, Android, Windows Phone and HTML5.

What you are seeing is specifically because you had allowed global API access to your miners. MultiMiner will automatically detect miners on your network and display them. It will also report them up to MobileMiner. And it has some smarts built in so that it does not report its own miners or miners that are using MultiMiner as a proxy.

However, since you customized your API white-lists to allow access to any machine on your network, MultiMiner started seeing other instances as "standalone" network devices. They show as mining Bitcoin because there is no way (that I know of yet) to determine what specific coin a rig is mining using the RPC API.

TMI? You tell me  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
rlhead7173

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:02:17 PM

Lemme know if this helps.

Thanks - was just going to post this. You can delete machines from any of the apps - iOS, Android, Windows Phone and HTML5.

What you are seeing is specifically because you had allowed global API access to your miners. MultiMiner will automatically detect miners on your network and display them. It will also report them up to MobileMiner. And it has some smarts built in so that it does not report its own miners or miners that are using MultiMiner as a proxy.

However, since you customized your API white-lists to allow access to any machine on your network, MultiMiner started seeing other instances as "standalone" network devices. They show as mining Bitcoin because there is no way (that I know of yet) to determine what specific coin a rig is mining using the RPC API.

TMI? You tell me  Grin

That worked!I didn't realize I could delete machines them from the App. Is there a way to monitor all my machines on the same network / subnet from my primary workstation? I currently have 5 machines on the same network and would like to see all of them form one PC.

Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:20:50 PM

Feature request: As you know, I run with auto-mining.  I've been experimenting with using the average profitability over the last 7 days option to avoid currency spikes throwing things off, but it tends to keep old data too much and isn't working out for me.  I was wondering if it was possible to instead use average profitabilty over the last user-specified period?  I was looking to set it at 1 day/24 hours.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:17:24 PM

Feature request: As you know, I run with auto-mining.  I've been experimenting with using the average profitability over the last 7 days option to avoid currency spikes throwing things off, but it tends to keep old data too much and isn't working out for me.  I was wondering if it was possible to instead use average profitabilty over the last user-specified period?  I was looking to set it at 1 day/24 hours.

Unfortunately no that data is provided directly from CoinChoose.com - it's not my average over X days, it's theirs. I don't keep any historical data myself (though maybe some day).

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

Feature request: As you know, I run with auto-mining.  I've been experimenting with using the average profitability over the last 7 days option to avoid currency spikes throwing things off, but it tends to keep old data too much and isn't working out for me.  I was wondering if it was possible to instead use average profitabilty over the last user-specified period?  I was looking to set it at 1 day/24 hours.

Unfortunately no that data is provided directly from CoinChoose.com - it's not my average over X days, it's theirs. I don't keep any historical data myself (though maybe some day).

I thought that might be the case.  Thanks anyway.

Also, the idea that you might in the future is one of the most positive things I've seen today.  Cheesy

brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

When making the suggestions for new coins to mine wouldn't it better to divide the crazy percentages to LTC percentage so that it becomes something useful? For example it says DOGE is now 126% profitable compared to LTC or simply 26% more profitabel than LTC instead of showing 6508% more profitable (than what?)

For example coinchoose says 6564% times profitability compared to what? BTC? Well no one mines BTC with GPU so that makes no sense to compare. I think the base should be LTC or even DOGE. It should be a simple "divide" in your program unless I am mistaken.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:10:30 AM

Finally some news for you folks Smiley

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:48:40 AM

Not quite sure what I'm looking at here...

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

DualMiner ASIC hashing Scrypt (Dogecoin) using BFGMiner.

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:12:55 AM

DualMiner ASIC hashing Scrypt (Dogecoin) using BFGMiner.

Oooh, pretty sweet.  I've been kicking around the idea of grabbing a Dualminer for some cheap SCRYPT mining, but I have some concerns that with Dualminer coming out, that they'll improve on it very quickly, devalue script, and make the originals obsolete.

Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

Can I DL that fork for my Pi somewhere and test it out?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

I am smiling ear to ear.  Grin
I hope this means soon.  Thanks so much for working on it.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:08:42 PM

I am smiling ear to ear.  Grin
I hope this means soon.  Thanks so much for working on it.

Here's something you folks can play with. Note that it only works in the Scrypt-only mode currently. It also seems to take a while to scan all hardware with the DualMiner code in place.

This just just a preview - there is more to do before this will be released.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq439cr76mhmxxv/MultiMiner-2.7.4.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nbflh9x4z0tx9c/bfgminer_dualminer_pr1.7z

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:54:16 PM

Nice!
I only run it in scrypt mode right now anyways.
I will have to try this out tomorrow.
Great job!

Raptor2213

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:22:59 AM

Nice!
I only run it in scrypt mode right now anyways.
I will have to try this out tomorrow.
Great job!

Yea, I don't see a reason to run it in dual mode either.

Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: