Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Cuckaroo29z miner for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs 16.4.9  (Read 148378 times)
xpulse

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:05:08 PM

how can i use email on the address.workers name, on nanopool? i need it to set the minimum payout.

i've tried the example on the website but didn't worked.

Here is example:

-uri stratum://wallet.$rigName.stas@email.net@zec-us-east1.nanopool.org:6666 -no-timestamps -api 127.0.0.1:1880

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realbminer (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 49

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

This is how my hashrate changed with new 6.0 version, it swings much more now:

https://s14.postimg.org/a37usprsh/bminer.jpg

We have changed the way how we calculate hashrate to provide more accurate counting. Starting from 6.0 and later, we detect and drop stale solutions/shares before we send shares to the pool server. We also deducted those stale solutions from our hashrate statistics. This change has several implications:

a. 6.0 should have significantly lower reject rate.

b. Every time a new job comes in, you may see a small fluctuation of hashrate because some computed solutions become stale due to the new job.

c. 6.0 may show slightly lower sol/s than 5.5 (or similar because of minor optimizations in 6.0), but this is not the fair way to compare between two versions. Those stale shares in 5.5 are counted and submitted, but they will eventually get rejected by pool. It does not contribute to your earning.

When Crypto-mining Made Fast. @realbminer on TWTR
topteam

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:40:45 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 04:01:30 PM by topteam

are you plan to use config file?
failover server supports in line too long Sad
and where i can see failover example (separated by commas not work)?
PS working example (separated by commas, no space)
Code:
-uri stratum+ssl://user.rig1@europe.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20595,stratum+ssl://user.rig1@us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20595,stratum+ssl://user.rig1@asia.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com
infectedmushi

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

how can i use email on the address.workers name, on nanopool? i need it to set the minimum payout.

i've tried the example on the website but didn't worked.

Here is example:

-uri stratum://wallet.$rigName.stas@email.net@zec-us-east1.nanopool.org:6666 -no-timestamps -api 127.0.0.1:1880

thanks. made a little script for linux, but's easily adapted to windows.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

ADDRESS=
RIGNAME=
USERNAME=$ADDRESS.$RIGNAME
PASSWORD=x
EMAIL=someone@gmail.com
POOL=zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633
SCHEME=stratum+ssl

./bminer -uri $SCHEME://$USERNAME.$EMAIL:$PASSWORD@$POOL -api 192.168.1.100:1880 -max-temperature 75 -no-timestamps

confirmed working on nanopool.
gettilee

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 08:29:40 PM by gettilee

I am not an expert neither pro Bminer, but your test or asumption is vague. You barely ran Bminer for a couple of hours and the comparason is not fair. It should be made with both miners running at the same time in different machines with exacty the same hardware and settings to have exactly the same conditions.

I do agree the invalid share rate is a bit higher. I have just started using Bminer as a try out and I have noticed exactly the same but can´t say is fair either because I am not running both miners at the same time.

With DSTM I use to get 0,2% rejected shares and with Bminer so far is nearly 0,5% but I have only been running it for the past 12 hours and been playing with the windows energy management to cut down the CPU.

This is my performance with 6 GTX 1070 Ti, 70% TDP, +200 clock, +700 memory:
https://imgur.com/aJcqJea

And this is Flypool:
https://imgur.com/o8FdH8l

There are more fluctuations with Bminer so far, but as I said I have only used the miner for the past 12 hours and I´ve playing with the CPU energy to cut down so more Watts so It will need another 24 to 48 hours to be stable on the pool. I´ll post again the results in 24 hours

my post wasn't claiming any kind of test. i simply showed how many invalid shares bminer 6.0 was producing in just a few hours compared to dstm which was  running with considerably less over a longer period of time.

i was curious to see what "improvements" bminer had with this latest build and i don't see any hashrate improvement for 1070ti's nor do i see a drop in invalid shares.

i've ran tests before on bminer vs dstm on the same pool at the same time with the same hardware. bminer has always had more invalid shares than dstm.
bminer also over reports hashrate by 3% on console that is not reflected in the pool. combine that with the private connection...either bminer is lying about the console reported hashrate or that hes taking more than 2% because the pool (flypool for my tests) does not reflect the 3% console gain over dstm.

Johnjay06

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:48:55 PM

About to run my own test with dstm later tonight. I really want to trust bminer
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:19:57 AM

Nothing really has changed since new update, flypool still shows about 1000 sol less than miner console.
almartins

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:23:49 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 10:05:56 PM by almartins

Same here at GTX 1080, can't see any improvements over 5.5 and will not use 6.0 version  Sad.
minebomb

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:56:23 PM

Hi

I have been using bminer on 2x 12 1070ti rigs with no issue.
I have setup another rig with 9x 1080tis. The miner constantly restarts every 30mins or so. The last line in the console is "killed".
Previously when I had a riser fail while running bminer,  it stated exactly which gpu/riser it could not get temperature from.

The restarts do not happen with other softwares.

I am using simple mining and mining on nicehash.

Can anybody assist with the above
segotiwul

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:22:14 PM

real-time multi-pool statistics and excellent coin program statistics for the younger generation and automatically switch to other generations and in algorithmic programs
which can be used to ensure the best profitability.
Roby1

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:41:31 PM

Hi

I have setup another rig with 9x 1080tis. The miner constantly restarts every 30mins or so. The last line in the console is "killed".
Previously when I had a riser fail while running bminer,  it stated exactly which gpu/riser it could not get temperature from.

Can't assist you on how to solve the problem, but can report I am having the same problem or similar problem to yours also on a nine card rig. I am also using smos.

Mine is a 9x 1070ti rig. It took me a while to realise I had a problem. I was not paying attention to the console.

Whats happening with mine is that the rig loads up as normal on smos with the slow start from Bminer, then when all GPUs are running at full speed, GPU 8 starts dropping off slowly, the sol rate eventually drops down to zero, the rig keeps running for a while and but then I start getting the restarts about every 30 minutes or so. When I revert back to Bminer v5.5.0 the problem goes away, the rig runs normally. I tried dialing back the overclock on GPU 8 to see if this was the problem but that didn't work either. So for now just working v5.5.0. on this rig.

Funny thing is I have another 9 card rig with identical setup to the first, same mobo same power supply etc. Except this is a mixed card rig, 6x 1070 and 3x 1070t1 but this rig runs normally on Bminer v6.0.0.

I have a third 6x 1070ti card rig and this runs problem free as well with v6.0.0.

Just go back to v5.5.0 is my fix for the moment anyhow.

realbminer (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 49

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:27:37 AM

6.0.0 has released.

• Failover server supports. Supply multiple uris (separated by commas) via the -uri option to enable the failover support.
  • A launcher GUI for Windows.
  • Reduce reject rate caused by stale shares.
  • 0.3-0.5% performance improvement depending on card models.
  • Fix inaccurate metrics at the start of Bminer.
  • Reduce CPU usage the start of bminer.
  • Support miner.reconnect().
  • Experimental support for miningrigrentals.
  • A new option -no-runtime-info to disable runtime information collection.

Happy mining!

Realbminer some feedback for you.

I have run the miner for 12 hours so far with 6 GTX 1070 Ti, 70% TDP, +200 clock, +700 memory and this is what I have noticed so far:

1. The miner restarted 3 times so far in 12 hours so it seems to have a bit of a stability issue. DSTM barely restarted once in 7 days in a raw. (I do like the watchdog though as don´t have to worry about the miner going down).

2. As many people said, the reported hashrate in the console is higher than the one in the pool. I get an average of 3200 sols/s if we deduct your 2% (that is 64 sols/s) it should be aroud 3136 sols/s on the pool as the real hashrate give or take. The pool so far has only reported that hashrate during a period of 2 to 3 hours though I did mention I have been playing with the CPU energy so might be the reason. I will monitor the next 24/48 hours.

3. You said the CPU uses a lot of resources to start the miner and then it lowers due to initial communication between CPU and GPU, right? After modifying the high performance energy plan on windows 10 (basicly I reduce the maximun CPU consumption from 100% down to 60%) the hashrate on the console went down to 3150/3160 sols/s but didn´t bounce back to 3200 as it should. That brings the next question: Are you mining your dev fee with the CPU?? or are you getting something extra on top of the 2% you already mine? It doesn´t make sense that the hashrate lowers after reducing the CPU as all the work is done by the GPUs.

4. It might be a good idea or not, but I think it will be a bit more transparent if next to the accepted shares, rejected shares you included a new count names Dev Shares then we could keep track and see if it really is a 2% what you are taking away.

Edit: 5. When the miner starts working, the first Accepted share is not number 1 or 0, it is always number 3 so it would be nice if it would start on 1 so the Accepted share count would much the shares. Besides starting with a 3 count difference then it grows more and it is on 13 shares difference now that I do not know wherter you took them as dev fee or where they have gone.

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.

1. I will keep improving the stability of bminer. Could you share some log/screenshot to me so that I can understand why bminer restarted in your rig? Thank you.

2. Besides 2% devfee, some shares will get lost due to network communications and job switches. This is why such hashrate gaps exist for all miners. In 6.0, we have changed the way we count sol/s to exclude some of the stale solutions, so that the hashrate statistic is more accurate now.
In practice, it is not possible for any miner to quantify potential network loss and therefore gaps will always exist.
See https://www.bminer.me/faq/#why-the-reported-hashrate-of-bminer-is-higher-than-the-reported-hashrate-from-mining-pools

3. Bminer does not use CPU to mine anything. In bminer 6.0, I believe bminer consumes similar or less CPU than other miners. Bminer does use CPU to perform some pre-processing and post-processing to support GPU computations. Those CPU tasks are light but time-critical. It means that if it does not finish in time then GPU will wait for CPU and wasting computation cycle of GPU. Enforcing power management cap on the whole system is not a good idea because windows would insert forced idle bubble in CPU cycle causing potential delays in GPU computations.

With bminer 6.0, even without any such cap, the CPU usage would stay below 60% for just 6 GPU (unless you are using a very old CPU).

4. Yes, I am open to this idea. But simply counting the number of shares will just confuse people due to potentially different difficulties of shares. Once I figured out a right way to implement this, I will do it.

5. The id after the share message is, in fact, the message communication id. In ZCash stratum, the #0 message is the login, the #1 is nonce subscription, and the #2 is mining notify subscription. So the first share starts at #3. I can make the counter starting at 1 if all of you guys think it looks better.

When Crypto-mining Made Fast. @realbminer on TWTR
Scorpio777

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:50:57 AM

After 2 days using Bminer v.6.0.0 I noticed a slight decrease of rejected shares in comparison with previous versions, but still a little more than in DSTM(
And what about the performance? Well, on my system, it is the same as with DSTM - no less but no more as it should be (as it report in console).
In my own opinion maybe Bminer sending more than 2% to developer and that is why my hashrate on the Pool is 5% less than miner report in console. While the DSTM miner, in the same system, give me only 2% less (as it should be).
For now I will stay with Bminer because it is more stable on my rigs, but I hope the Developer will improve his miner in the next update and we all will have a really fastest Cuda miner for Equihash)

minebomb

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:12:24 AM

Hi

Can't assist you on how to solve the problem, but can report I am having the same problem or similar problem to yours also on a nine card rig. I am also using smos.

Mine is a 9x 1070ti rig. It took me a while to realise I had a problem. I was not paying attention to the console.

Whats happening with mine is that the rig loads up as normal on smos with the slow start from Bminer, then when all GPUs are running at full speed, GPU 8 starts dropping off slowly, the sol rate eventually drops down to zero, the rig keeps running for a while and but then I start getting the restarts about every 30 minutes or so. When I revert back to Bminer v5.5.0 the problem goes away, the rig runs normally. I tried dialing back the overclock on GPU 8 to see if this was the problem but that didn't work either. So for now just working v5.5.0. on this rig.

Funny thing is I have another 9 card rig with identical setup to the first, same mobo same power supply etc. Except this is a mixed card rig, 6x 1070 and 3x 1070t1 but this rig runs normally on Bminer v6.0.0.

I have a third 6x 1070ti card rig and this runs problem free as well with v6.0.0.

Thanks for feedback. Are you mining nicehash by any chance?
The restarts have somehow reduced to 1 per day.

I have now noticed that my rig shows offline on the pool as well as on simplemining monitor console but strangely the system is still drawing +750watts off power during this state, as per my energy meter. Full draw on this rig is - +2150watts. This would mean that my system is in some kind on halt state? Is some watchdog initiating?

Roby1

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:28:12 AM

Hi

Thanks for feedback. Are you mining nicehash by any chance?
The restarts have somehow reduced to 1 per day.

I have now noticed that my rig shows offline on the pool as well as on simplemining monitor console but strangely the system is still drawing +750watts off power during this state, as per my energy meter. Full draw on this rig is - +2150watts. This would mean that my system is in some kind on halt state? Is some watchdog initiating?

No I am mining direct on Suprnova. No restarts on all three rigs since the initial problem, seems to be stable these past few days. still running 2 rigs on v6 and 1 rig on v5.5
gettilee

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:26:37 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 07:47:15 PM by gettilee

After 2 days using Bminer v.6.0.0 I noticed a slight decrease of rejected shares in comparison with previous versions, but still a little more than in DSTM(
And what about the performance? Well, on my system, it is the same as with DSTM - no less but no more as it should be (as it report in console).
In my own opinion maybe Bminer sending more than 2% to developer and that is why my hashrate on the Pool is 5% less than miner report in console. While the DSTM miner, in the same system, give me only 2% less (as it should be).
For now I will stay with Bminer because it is more stable on my rigs, but I hope the Developer will improve his miner in the next update and we all will have a really fastest Cuda miner for Equihash)

in response to anyone using bminer just because its more stable than dstm or vice versa. theres another option which i feel is way better than expecting the mining program's watchdog to work 100% bug free.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2071108.0

arcefawn made a nice open source FREE watchdog script that works for several miners. its a simple script that you edit how you want to work (he has simple instructions in the cfg file.) very straight forward and works with dstm, bminer, ewbf, claymore, ccminer, ethminer, phoenix, cast xmr, and hes adding more all the time.

his script monitors the mining console and resets the miner if it crashes. it monitors your hashrate so if its reporting lower like some gpu's are reporting too low of a hashrate, it can restart the miner. it can reload your overclocking profiles if you set it to. you can set a schedule on how often to restart the miner or the pc. you also has pool fallover support to 5 pools set in your cfg file so if you lose connection you're not mining for nothing.

its really a great script and the guy is nice enough to give it away for free. totally worth sending him a donation and then not having to worry about your miner(s) going down
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

gettilee,

where do you see it supports bminer?
gettilee

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:46:51 PM

gettilee,

where do you see it supports bminer?

looks like he might have removed bminer from his thread but its still on his github page (probably a typo after updating his changelog)

https://github.com/Undertrey/FarmWatchBot/releases bmnautorun.bat

i'ved used it with bminer before but always had better results with dstm
runepuoh

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:11:25 PM

please, do something about permanent "updating" at the start of miner.
[INFO] [2018-03-15T23:11:01+06:00] Checking updates                             
[WARN] [2018-03-15T23:11:31+06:00] Failed to read from the network: Get : net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

and so on.

bminer.me and bminercontents.com are unreachable because of provider block or something similar - downloading somewhere.
i suppose that is the key to the problem!

its a problem because when "updating" finished, mining simply could not start with probable error. you waiting 5+ minutes - then an error. and starting over with config changes.

thank you!

We will address this issue in next time. For example, shorten the wait time and retry time.
Please, also note - while "updating" CPU (central processor) load is 20-25%! (i5, 4 core) for each instance of bminer.
Sometimes computer is freezing for 5-6 minutes while "updation", and if its a reboot - loosing control over the situation - should wait of "update" finish.

Please, fix it - best variant is 1 try for upto 5 seconds of timeout Smiley

Btw, on computer having normal access to bminer.me the update process finishes instantly and do not change bminer.exe with new version.
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:40:10 AM

The only file that is updated is the "firmware.bin" file, thats where the data downloaded from bminer.me is stored.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: