Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:45:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:57:35 PM

Our vendor has told us that the substrates — one of the final components in completing the chip module  — are going to take a more time than expected.  The good news is that the silicon, arguably the more complicated part of the design, is right on track.  Once the substrates arrive, we can place the silicon and finish production. Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

And with that, all your customers just lost any possible chance of a positive ROI...
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:00:32 PM

Our vendor has told us that the substrates — one of the final components in completing the chip module  — are going to take a more time than expected.  The good news is that the silicon, arguably the more complicated part of the design, is right on track.  Once the substrates arrive, we can place the silicon and finish production. Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

And with that, all your customers just lost any possible chance of a positive ROI...

right if you payed in BTC.

otherwise not predictable or do you know the future price of BTC?

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:02:21 PM

well, the only options were BTC or bank transfer. I'm assuming most people did option 1, BTC.

Avalanche is a must own
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:04:17 PM

HashFast is having a delay, informed the investors in very professional way with deep details about.

3 days after due delivery start.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:08:24 PM

HashFast is having a delay, informed the investors in very professional way with deep details about.

3 days after due delivery start.

estimate their input of communication regarding this issue. without no proof argumentation is without value.

EDIT: I do not stand up for HashFast but I do/did have orders with all 4 companys above. HashFast seems to me the company which is the most reliable beside BitFury but Bitfury is not really comparable to HashFast.

End of discussion from my side.

paranoidx

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:10:19 PM

Well of course I want a return from the BTC I spent.  To all the people that say they are still gonna make a profit in $ because they paid in dollars, you have to understand that you would have made a greater profit had you just bough BTC instead of the miner.

$5600 = 60BTC when I bought my miner. Those 60 BTC I will never be able to recover.
Had I just held those 60BTC I would now have ~$12,000.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:14:29 PM

Well of course I want a return from the BTC I spent.  To all the people that say they are still gonna make a profit in $ because they paid in dollars, you have to understand that you would have made a greater profit had you just bough BTC instead of the miner.

$5600 = 60BTC when I bought my miner. Those 60 BTC I will never be able to recover.

nonsense! decide before you invest about the role you will play. speculator or supporter of the network.

Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:22:12 PM

Well, the main thing here is when are going to ship the 2 bach sierras and upgrades.
Why dont HF goes straigh with just sierras and leave the babyjets ? It seems they just focus in sierras design indeed.
The boards and chips are the same, so why not ship this first customers a sierra ?

As I suppose they are going to ship this 2 batch units really close to the first batch, so it would be a way to reward this first customers for the delay, to reward also for the sales they made where you can buy x3 hashing power at the same price and they may earn a lot in long term if they dont have to send MPP chips/boards by sending more power.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
pwnyboy

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

Quote from: Hashfast Propaganda
These machines are not meant to last just a month, but to generate value over a longer horizon — a goal only accomplished by building reliable, high quality products.

If Hashfast REALLY felt that way, it would guarantee its hardware for a more reasonable timeframe, like 180 days.  It's obvious that the ROI of your products will be either thin, or nonexistant, particularly for those who paid you with BTC.  Don't add insult to injury.  Man up and increase the warranty period, or stop making ridiculous statements.  kthx.
paranoidx

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:26:49 PM

That's the risk that you take on a pre-order.

Yes, I understand that.  I am just pointing out that by not keeping their promise, this company has let us down.
paranoidx

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:35:06 PM

Our vendor has told us that the substrates — one of the final components in completing the chip module  — are going to take a more time than expected.  The good news is that the silicon, arguably the more complicated part of the design, is right on track.  Once the substrates arrive, we can place the silicon and finish production. Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

Well of course I want a return from the BTC I spent.  To all the people that say they are still gonna make a profit in $ because they paid in dollars, you have to understand that you would have made a greater profit had you just bough BTC instead of the miner.

nonsense! decide before you invest about the role you will play. speculator or supporter of the network.

Nonsense??

I am glad I am supporting the network.  I truly believe in the importance of what Bitcoin is and believe it will change the future.

On a side note, I purchased a pre-order for a product that was supposed to delivered in a certain time frame (Oct20th-Oct30th).
I will now have lost BTC because this company was not able to deliver on time.
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:38:19 PM

UPDATED SHIPPING NEWS

We know you’re eager to get production updates, so we wanted to fill you in on some important news.

We now have a more accurate picture of our anticipated shipping timeline.  The majority of the project is on track and, in many cases, ahead of schedule. However, one important component, the substrates, is going to take a few weeks longer than we wanted.

Our vendor has told us that the substrates — one of the final components in completing the chip module  — are going to take a more time than expected.  The good news is that the silicon, arguably the more complicated part of the design, is right on track.  Once the substrates arrive, we can place the silicon and finish production. Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

Since the start, HashFast has been unequivocally committed to the idea that we will produce the highest quality product. We focus on this each and everyday, and have made solid progress by partnering with leading companies across the space such as Uniquify, TSMC, CoolIT, Sea Sonic, and CIARA and, more importantly, by finding a balance between expediency and quality.

We’re standing by that now. While we’d like to have these rigs to you sooner, it’s more important for us to get it right than to rush it. These machines are not meant to last just a month, but to generate value over a longer horizon — a goal only accomplished by building reliable, high quality products.

We’re as eager as any of our miners to see the rigs going into boxes — and until now we’ve been ahead of schedule. After all, we were the first in the industry to tape-out a custom 28nm chip, and thanks to deals with companies like CIARA and Sea Sonic, many of the components for the Baby Jets and Sierras are all ready to go. So as soon as the substrates meet our quality expectations, we’ll be able to move forward with production at incredibly quick rates.

To that end, and as part of our overall commitment to transparency, we’re posting a live schedule that will allow you to follow the progress of the rigs, and better anticipate when yours will arrive. We’ll be updating the schedule in real time as we get the latest information.

For those customers with our Miner Protection Program, remember you’ll be able to mitigate any time lost hashing with additional ASIC chips. We know that time is money — but so is hashing power. That’s why we designed the Miner Protection Program, and why now, as we reach the finish line, we’re making sure that the machines we produce are better than anything else on the market.

If you’ve got any questions about the production process or the ship dates, please email us directly at support@hashfast.com. We’re eager to get you these rigs, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.

https://hashfast.com/updated-shipping-news/

-Team HashFast

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:40:41 PM

Nonsense??

I am glad I am supporting the network.  I truly believe in the importance of what Bitcoin is and believe it will change the future.

On a side note, I purchased a pre-order for a product that was supposed to delivered in a certain time frame (Oct20th-Oct30th).
I will now have lost BTC because this company was not able to deliver on time.

the old discussion: buy or invest in mining equipment. I did read several times here in the forum about this. if you buy directly BTC you will be always more profitable than invest in mining equipment. it depends of what you will be. poor (on fun and expert knowledge) speculator or mining expert. ;-)

EDIT: if you paid with BTC a good tactic will be to buy immediately back the amount of BTC you spend if you have the money left.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:49:02 PM

If you're going to purchase miners, especially when the company is using preorders. You can expect there to be delays. Seems every company has delayed their product. It's pretty common in this industry.. Read some BFL threads

Avalanche is a must own
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:49:18 PM

Going long is always the safest option while quite a few FPGA and ASIC companies have gone bust before shipping or delivered very late before in the past.  Look at how many bitcoins went on BFL gear last year.  This isn't the first and maybe not the last either that this has happened.  

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:54:20 PM

Fuck me someone start a new thread "hashfast has fucked us even with MMP"

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

Our updated estimate is that the rigs will begin shipping in mid-November.

Ouch. That's another 2-3 difficulty adjustments.

Buy & Hold
paranoidx

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

Going long is always the safest option while quite a few FPGA and ASIC companies have gone bust before shipping or delivered very late before in the past.  Look at how many bitcoins went on BFL gear last year.  This isn't the first and maybe not the last either that this has happened.  

Yes, I'm familiar with the mining scene and have been mining for years now.

It's okay for this company to lie and mistreat us since so many other companies have done it before?  Honestly, we sound like victims of domestic violence.  

What I am trying to say is... I just thought..maybe...just maybe.. HashFast would be different Cry

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

KNC had a delay, did not inform about or to late.

FYI, KNC was supposed to ship in September, but the first customers received them in early October. I received my first unit Oct 4th. Delays are delays, no disagreement, but KNC had a fairly minimal delay.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:07:44 PM

What I am trying to say is... I just thought..maybe...just maybe.. HashFast would be different Cry

On a more positive note, the coins that you lose aren't really gone -- they're simply mined by other miners.  As the security of the network continues to climb.
Exponentially.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: