Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:05:42 PM

More proof that Long Dong and Skropenis knew about Bitcoin prior to them becoming the marketing arm of HashFash. It seems their other partner, David Neawedde, a.ka. deejne of whom I've mentioned prior on this thread (search deejne) just so happened to be on a panel discussion at the XBIZ Summit with BitPay's Tony Galippi back in May, 2013: http://newsle.com/article/0/73437396/

Featuring Avi Bitton from Wicked Pictures, Douglas Richter from AWEmpire, JuicyAds’ David Neawedde and BitPay co-founder and CEO Tony Galippi, the panel will look at the nature of bitcoin and its role in the economic ecosystem.

David Neawedde can be seen here on Jame's Kottmeier's site: http://web.archive.org/web/20100909154440/http://playpencash.com/index.php?go=contact

CONTACT

Looked at the FAQs and couldn't find an answer? Use any of the methods below to contact us directly.

Your Affiliate Manager David "DJ" N.
Affiliate Manager
deejne
djplaypen
dj@playpencash.com

General Support and Questions
affiliates@playpencash.com.

Please make sure you're sitting down and don't have anything handy to throw nearby for those who've ordered opt to click the following link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198045.msg2061886#msg2061886 Remember, I warned you!

For those who did click, how did you like the second post? Thought so!  Grin Me so bad!

~TMIBTCITW

PS: Bonus points awarded if you can identify what's wrong with the following sentence: "Having spent 9 yrs of my own higher educational life in the Bay Area, a new Silicon Valley/Palo Alto based mining development team peaked my interest."

I'm getting closer to nailing Long Dong Johnson and Skropenis to Brock Pierce's Merry Men. Stay tuned!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:11:02 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 10:23:28 PM by perezoso

How do you known it's $25M? And not more like $15M? Thanks to this? https://i.imgur.com/GOiqGCB.png

I agree on the usefulness of every legal action but the one you took. I picked arbitration because I was sold 6 months as a maximum timeframe, even if right now I'm only at the discovery process.

What makes me think is that our paid troller or employee here is confident that they will win the petition. In that case, I hope that we will at least have an idea of their situation. Or at least of how they want it to appear.

Nice image!  

My suspicion about the troller, based on a couple things he has said (e.g. knowing about the intricacies of Hashfast's situation) is that he's one of a number of people that have been watching carefully as Hashfast circles the drain, with the hope of swooping in and making some sort of sweetheart deal.  The BK petition has somehow foiled his plan, exactly how it's hard to know.  He seems to fear Ch 11 in particular.  Or maybe, especially given the kind of unsavoury company that Eddie keeps, he already has a sweetheart relationship that is being cut off.

But as far as I can see, if Hashfast manages to prove its solvency to the tune of $350k right now (e.g. if Simon finds an angel), they will still be susceptible to similar, perhaps even larger, filings going forward.  So if this one fails, just wait a little while and file another.  They don't seem to be in a position to actually pay their debts. This smallish filing only represents a small proportion of the debt, as Johnny Scrotum's new linkedin page attests, and additional creditors could certainly be found.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:12:56 PM

Someone just sent me an email on the lines of "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.".

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:37:23 PM

Someone just sent me an email on the lines of "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN82R-7pfM8
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:44:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN82R-7pfM8

I prefer this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0hA4kTT1k

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
sillywhim

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:03:46 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 12:23:04 AM by sillywhim

Does anyone even have a functional babyjet/sierra still that didn't need to be sent back for repair?

I have two hashfast babyjets that have a ghash.io one day hash average of just slightly above 400GH/sec. Initially I had a windows server connected via USBs to the miners running cgminer 3.11, but now I just have the raspi's controlling the miners and I have a netboot power device that auto-pings the minepeons ---automagically power cycles whichever minepeons doesn't respond to pings.

Other than a HUGE FORM FACTOR for the hash output involved (Antminer S2s are better), my Baby Jets now are finally doing just great...
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 02:48:37 AM

Out of the at least nine options better than the petition he was thinking at, he can't talk about any of them.
my lawyer is still working towards some of them, there was about 9 options available if nothing had happened, obviously most of those are voided because of time constraints... if this petition fails, you can say you are sorry for being wrong and an asshat... if im wrong and they do allow for liquidation, ill say im sorry for being wrong and an asshat.

As for my opinions... do you honestly think i will change anything except maybe enlighten you? do you think my opinions can stop anything in progess... are you high? we have little over 2 weeks... nothing is going to change anything now... whats done is done, the outcome is what matters, and i love being right!
Making me look smarter than the rest, even in douchebag form strokes my ego. we will see.

And as far as opinions, your's are just as irrelevant... lol

I am not in favor of this partition.  It stopped my arbitration in its tracks, or put on hold anyway. 

I would have rather them figure out how to make money selling the chips or whatever and continue doing business somehow.. that way, even if it takes another year, they can pay me my btc back..

my 2 cents.

Your arbitration case wasn't moving, and never would move.  Arbitration was just a gambit by Hashfast to delay any resolution.

As for Hashfast making money; If they are being honest they managed to lose $25M in the hottest bitcoin miner market that will ever exist.  If they could fail in that environment, they couldn't make money selling ice in Saudi Arabia.

More likely they aren't being honest, and they looted the money and bitcoin out of the company.  Bankruptcy now will allow all of those funds to be recovered so that you have a chance of getting your bitcoin refund.

Do you even think there is a slight chance of that happening (btc refund)? Last I heard they spent all customer btc payments on developing the chips.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:55:52 AM

Out of the at least nine options better than the petition he was thinking at, he can't talk about any of them.
my lawyer is still working towards some of them, there was about 9 options available if nothing had happened, obviously most of those are voided because of time constraints... if this petition fails, you can say you are sorry for being wrong and an asshat... if im wrong and they do allow for liquidation, ill say im sorry for being wrong and an asshat.

As for my opinions... do you honestly think i will change anything except maybe enlighten you? do you think my opinions can stop anything in progess... are you high? we have little over 2 weeks... nothing is going to change anything now... whats done is done, the outcome is what matters, and i love being right!
Making me look smarter than the rest, even in douchebag form strokes my ego. we will see.

And as far as opinions, your's are just as irrelevant... lol

I am not in favor of this partition.  It stopped my arbitration in its tracks, or put on hold anyway. 

I would have rather them figure out how to make money selling the chips or whatever and continue doing business somehow.. that way, even if it takes another year, they can pay me my btc back..

my 2 cents.

Your arbitration case wasn't moving, and never would move.  Arbitration was just a gambit by Hashfast to delay any resolution.

As for Hashfast making money; If they are being honest they managed to lose $25M in the hottest bitcoin miner market that will ever exist.  If they could fail in that environment, they couldn't make money selling ice in Saudi Arabia.

More likely they aren't being honest, and they looted the money and bitcoin out of the company.  Bankruptcy now will allow all of those funds to be recovered so that you have a chance of getting your bitcoin refund.

Do you even think there is a slight chance of that happening (btc refund)? Last I heard they spent all customer btc payments on developing the chips.

It is possible.  The BTC did not move far.  It's very likely much of it is in the hands of Simon and Eduardo or their investors.  Sue them personally and recovery is likely.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:35:05 AM

did anyone got any news about MPP's , supposed to be delivered in june ?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

It is possible.  The BTC did not move far.  It's very likely much of it is in the hands of Simon and Eduardo or their investors.  Sue them personally and recovery is likely.
Just tell me who to sue...

And btw, I don't believe their bullshit anymore, really. The first batch was barely two millions and they had already paid for the development and the tapeout when I sent my payment. Then they took in at least another ten millions. I can't wait to see with my eyes how full of shit they are. And who the hell owns the address with my poor bitcoins.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 08:04:43 AM

did anyone got any news about MPP's , supposed to be delivered in june ?

batch 2 almost complete according this tweet.

batch 3 (May) and batch 4 (June) will follow. after that they will deliver MPP. all information is taken from here.

you can expect delays due their difficult financial situation and limited manpower.

perhaps you can expect a bankruptcy before.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:08:54 AM

That was before the petition, now they decided to froze everything regardless from the fact that they the petition doesn't force them to. They just like to have their assets devaluating.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 08:10:53 AM

That was before the petition, now they froze everything regardless from the fact that they the petition doesn't force them to. They just like to have their assets devaluating.

what petition you mean? do you have a link or something? thank you!

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:12:15 AM

what petition you mean? do you have a link or something? thank you!
No link, but it's what was emailed to several of us. The shipments are blocked and so are the chip settlements.
By petition I mean the bankruptcy petition.
http://ia902509.us.archive.org/13/items/gov.uscourts.canb.522575/gov.uscourts.canb.522575.1.0.pdf

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:59:34 AM

That was before the petition, now they decided to froze everything regardless from the fact that they the petition doesn't force them to. They just like to have their assets devaluating.
sadly they can function normally while a petition is on the table, including dumping everything in to pepper mining(people were all up in arms saying thats illegal, but it really isn't), the possible legal ramifications of that would take time to process, so in essence, pepper might have the stock sold and on boards, how do you get anything back from that? how do you reverse something thats in customers hands?
i hold little faith in hashfast, i obviously think worst case scenario. worst case is, this petition forced the company into "douchebag mode" meaning they dump everything, screw the customer and walk away. being an LLC does protect personal assets of owners so everyone being like "IMMA SUE YO ASS" should probably look up some legal definitions first.  As above, legally, assets owned, or possibly owned at time of the petition might be able to be recovered, but then again how do you get something back thats in a customers hand? the suit for that could take a long time, and im not sure if a judge would place an injunction that would forbid the sale of the chips beyond hashfasts control(meaning, they wouldn't stop pepper mining from selling them)
This whole thing is a huge clusterf&*k, the petition sadly stopped some litigation or possible litigation due to time constraints mostly which has a few people like me up in arms. (basically because they made a decision for us that is not in the best interest of anyone imho)
We can sit and argue legal all day, but its not gonna get us anywhere.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:33:18 PM

They can try to dump everything in a garage sale but it's not something that will work, regardless of it ending in the hands of customers; peppermining will probably be forced to give all of their profits back to the creditors. So will VMC and the 5000 board they claim to have all the components for, etc.
The directors will be liable because if you run a scam, regardless of the suffix on your company name, you are liable.

Liquidating doesn't make any sense, if they don't fight back at least with a chapter 11 I don't even want to start thinking about how much of the possible hate I have left they will take. It's nothing magic. Please someone explain to me why this won't work:

• Antminer is selling their in stock S2 for 2300$ and the market is being flooded with them. HF can make their 2TH sierra for less than that and have some in stock. So there is a damn profit margin.
  • File for chapter 11, put it on your website in red and bold, so that people knows that they can scratch everything they knew about HF.
  • Raise capital, capital that as per chapter 11 rules will be protected from creditors and the first to be paid back. I myself would be stupid enough to invest half of the USD value of what I gave them last year.
  • Use that capital to produce more of those sierras, that you are selling as in stock with a 100% profit. Re invest the margin on producing more of those that are better than the S2 and you don't even need to pay import taxes and such.
  • If you are gonna be really open and honest, your creditors will help you in whatever manner they can. With marketing, for example. If you ship only in stock hardware, or with a real delivery date as the s2, you won't have any reputation problem.
  • And if you can't rise enough money, sell part of the components.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong with this? By liquidating you are helping others making money on the assets paid with customers' money. Why the hell would you want to do that? Only to scam them a little more?

perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:49:29 PM

"Douchbag mode" was written into Hashfast's articles of incorporation. 

I don't think there was ever much serious intent to serve their customers, unless it happened by accident after the douchebag management and douchebag investors took "their" share.

That was the intent from the start, at least that's what I suspect would come out in the course of a bankruptcy.

Sure, they "could" to this, or they "could" do that.  Making amends with the customers has always been among Hashfast's options.  Have they ever done it?  No.  Will they do it now?  No, not even if they were able.  Would they have done it if the bankruptcy petition was never filed?  Absolutely not.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

The point is really simple. You are either in good faith, or you are not. In the first case you will try to do the best you can and you will use that later to defend yourself in court. In the second case you will do the exact opposite and people will use that as yet another argument against you. The third option is that they really believe that three letters are gonna save them.

armyof1ne

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:00:09 PM

The point is really simple. You are either in good faith, or you are not. In the first case you will try to do the best you can and you will use that later to defend yourself in court. In the second case you will do the exact opposite and people will use that as yet another argument against you. The third option is that they really believe that three letters are gonna save them.
The law is pretty clear about it, lawsuits would be confined to what is owned by the company. there is exceptions to the LLC protection against personal assets, but they don't fit in this case, proving this was a scam is going to be next to impossible, especially if they could prove a functioning business model(even if they didn't follow through with that) knowing eduardo, sure it has a better chance of fitting... but still, its going to be next to impossible for nailing him under a personal lawsuit.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

The whole management knew they were never gonna ship on time and they kept selling the same lie until 3 days before "shipping", to get more overpriced sales, and blatantly lied about the delays later as well. So the whole management is screwed. Add every detail we don't known yet like emails, invoices, shipments, contracts, and they are in a sinking boat themselves. I'm starting to wonder what lawyer I should use already. It's gonna be a great collective lawsuit this time. No shitty no-group-action limitations.

... Sure, they could still do the impossible to prove their good faith, but I doubt that at this point. I did everything possible and it amounted to exactly nothing.

Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: