Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273566 times)
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:16:29 PM

I`ve clicked rtefresh so much on this thread my F5 is wearing out.  I should get out more.
I had to do this idk how many times past few days xD  I've been waiting to see the finished boards.  Times like this are when I wish I still used opera... It had an adjustable auto refresh on a timer...

There's a plugin for most browsers called "Reload Every".  Works like a charm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:31:55 AM

Interesting about thailand. Shows you how stuff gets blown up huh?

Here's the fully assembled thumb.  Grin

Dibs on this unit!

You got these bad boys hashing yet?

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:37:23 AM

After looking at cointerra's website, their individual chip prices aren't that bad... http://cointerra.com/product/goldstrike1-25th-asic-pack-50-500ghsec-asics/ $139,750 isn't that bad for 50 500gh/s chips. That puts a single chip unit at around $2795. I'd be curious what sort of samples they might send out to test the feasibility of a design. Even though its a ways off, if the cost of the board isn't too high I would certainly be interested in a $3000 500GH/s board. Might be cool if it was mountable in a PC case, as I imagine something like that would require quite a bit of cooling, much more than an array of much smaller bitfury chips. Price per a GH/s would be better than even our cheap bitfury pricing, as we would only get around 225-450GH/s with bitfury based on current and future pricing.

EDIT: I'd be interested in trying to run some group hosting as well. I've got years of experience in big IT. Main issue would be the establishing proper legal protection for the customers and for the mining operator. Being based in the US, a mining coop would also have to follow any laws and regulations pertinent to the mining. Just putting it out there as food for thought. 

Most likely we will be doing something like this. Can't give any details as yet on pricing, but we will make it as cheap and affordable as possible. Thinking about offering whole miners and 1/10th shares in miners. As you mention, this will require hosting. As i have mentioned in a previous post, my preference would be for small farms in each city so a little collective of people could form in any given place as a bitcoin mining co-op of sorts. That way people could meet and be able to visit the hardare that they have a share of. Also, it would help to fight against the centralization and monopolization of the Bitcoin network that i feel is coming with the new wave of hardware.

Nice to see you putting your hand up console cowboy. Yes, the legal situation would have to be solid so no one gets scammed but that shouldn't be too hard.

Are people into this idea?

Barntech

Consider my hand well and truly up Smiley  Have a couple of locations in Adelaide, SA, that would be suitable.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:51:59 AM

If any ASIC miner hosts need vetting, I offer vetting to both Miner Hosts (and new Group Buy Coordinators) as a free service to the community & because we all know John K. is busy as F. I've vetted or am in the process of vetting 5 new GBCs & several miner hosts around the world. You can send me a PM for more details or see Post 6 of my Services page.

Vetted hosts can either be part of my Miner Host Matchmaking Index or they can go solo after that. Being vetted means that you willingly share your ID with a trusted forum member as a means of establishing trust; essentially someone knows who you are & where you live if you're evil or fraudulent.  

And believe me: there's nothing more I'd love to do then hand over some scammer to the cops.  Wink

I do recommend that any miner hosts upgrade their insurance (or go buy some if they don't already have renters/home owners insurance), their security, and in certain circumstances such as hosting CT IVs you may want to even go secure a real world surety bond to assuage customer apprehension.

Besides escrowed GB shares/purchases for those that want it, the vetting and arranging of hosting is yet another service I can offer to any bare rig ASIC rig GB & Hosting plan Barntech wants to work on so he can focus on doing what he does best.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:13:54 AM

If any ASIC miner hosts need vetting, I offer vetting to both Miner Hosts (and new Group Buy Coordinators) as a free service to the community & because we all know John K. is busy as F. I've vetted or am in the process of vetting 5 new GBCs & several miner hosts around the world. You can send me a PM for more details or see Post 6 of my Services page.

Vetted hosts can either be part of my Miner Host Matchmaking Index or they can go solo after that. Being vetted means that you willingly share your ID with a trusted forum member as a means of establishing trust; essentially someone knows who you are & where you live if you're evil or fraudulent.  

And believe me: there's nothing more I'd love to do then hand over some scammer to the cops.  Wink

I do recommend that any miner hosts upgrade their insurance (or go buy some if they don't already have renters/home owners insurance), their security, and in certain circumstances such as hosting CT IVs you may want to even go secure a real world surety bond to assuage customer apprehension.

Besides escrowed GB shares/purchases for those that want it, the vetting and arranging of hosting is yet another service I can offer to any bare rig ASIC rig GB & Hosting plan Barntech wants to work on so he can focus on doing what he does best.

I think it is great to have more "John K.'s" but I also think we need deeper protection. We are essentially talking a business here and it needs transparency. Seeing pictures, video, etc. would put a lot of us at ease and would greatly assist the police should anything shady happen. Documents can be forged and such, so we need to be careful. It aids the GB organizers, the builders, the participants as well as people acting as Escrow agents.

In other words, we need some kind of Open Source project regarding all this - a set of generally accepted instructions, to help weed out untrustworthy people. Things like people hosting machines in their home should have theft insurance, etc.

It's about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:43:08 AM

Interesting about thailand. Shows you how stuff gets blown up huh?

Here's the fully assembled thumb.  Grin

Great work! Now get that thing hashing!

A general comment about Barntech:

He has been a dream to deal with via PM, I had issues with PayPal a few times (as well as getting in JUST before the close of regular sales). Great communication and showing some awesome progress in a short time.

Pity there probably will not be any further boards for sale at the great price we (some of us) got during the original pre-sales round.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers man.

Thanks for your kind words. It has been a pleasure getting the project happening and having such continued excited input from everyone. Yeah its a shame the price suddenly changed and we couldn't keep everything rolling, but it's also kind of cool because it is forcing us into getting the next one happening, which is also exciting. Seriously considering the Fast-Hash-ONE chips from VNC http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category. I'm liking the vibe of these more than the Cointerras at this point, mostly because they are smaller and so more accessible to smaller scale miners. We have got a datasheet yet, but potentially we might be able to build these into our existing hardware, meaning that the current miniplanes will also work for the next boards. This wouldn't be possible with Cointerra. That said, still considering them too.

I am tempted by Zefirs chips, but they are over double the price so would still mean that we would have to charge quite a lot more for the boards, which doesn't feel quite right. Will keep everyone updated on plans for the future.  Grin

Cheers

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:46:30 AM

Very cool Barntech!!!!!!!!! You need some smokestacks on that thumbs dude & racing stripes too  Cheesy

Racing stripes DO add 3-5 mhash/s, it's true.

Yes, i am aware of the hashing benefits of racing stripes.  Wink May just get them on there for the final production run. Or polkadots? Though the hashing boost from those isn't quite as decent.  Cheesy
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

I think it is great to have more "John K.'s" but I also think we need deeper protection. We are essentially talking a business here and it needs transparency. Seeing pictures, video, etc. would put a lot of us at ease and would greatly assist the police should anything shady happen. Documents can be forged and such, so we need to be careful. It aids the GB organizers, the builders, the participants as well as people acting as Escrow agents.

In other words, we need some kind of Open Source project regarding all this - a set of generally accepted instructions, to help weed out untrustworthy people. Things like people hosting machines in their home should have theft insurance, etc.

It's about sharing

Yes, if we did go down the route of large miners requiring hosting, we'd have to sort it out properly with contracts, insurance etc to make sure everyone involved feels confident and safe about having something they partly own sitting in somebody else's house or office.

This is part of why i like the idea of local hosting so that people can actually meet eachother and visit their miner. The idea would be to create a bit of a community around it rather than just a business agreement and bitcoin trickling into peoples wallets. If it did turn out that your host was far away, perhaps google hangouts or skype or something could work. Basically it would be about joining forces in a positive, communal, fun and transparent way. No more shady characters lurking on web forums. We are have a shared passion / hobby / interest. So why not share in real life as well as on the internet. On Wednesday this past week, i met some of our members in person at a Bitcoin meetup in Sydney and it was great experience to actually meet people for real. Highly recommended  Wink

Barntech
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:04:28 AM

Great ideas Barntech (e.g. Google hangouts and such). The community is moving along and I'm sure will settle down.

I imagine your situation as a developer is tough. I mean the rising cost of chips really hurt things. And on top of that the unknown regarding the difficulty level. I feel real lucky to have gotten in your GB as there is still a good chance of it being at least a break even situation. Which at this point is all you can ask from mining. The good thing, I think, is that the chip you choose, probably doesn't affect your board design and such (outside of the size of the chips - meaning the other chips and such should be the same?)

Now, it looks like BTC might be adjusting down. The next few days, TA wise, are key imo. IF the price does come back down, they might bring the cost of chips down again, so be ready to jump.

Lastly, I've seen some promising results on the Avalons regarding overclocking. Here there is a 42% improvement - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3089225#msg3089225
Different chip, but perhaps the principals can be applied?
At this point in the game, overclocking can be the deciding factor regarding losses, breaking even or profit.

All the best,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:13:48 AM

Also, just put up a photo of the hub for stacking two full miniplanes, and updated prices for bare boards. 1-5 for $25 each, 5+ for $20 each.  Smiley
console_cowboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:02:45 PM

Cheers man.

Thanks for your kind words. It has been a pleasure getting the project happening and having such continued excited input from everyone. Yeah its a shame the price suddenly changed and we couldn't keep everything rolling, but it's also kind of cool because it is forcing us into getting the next one happening, which is also exciting. Seriously considering the Fast-Hash-ONE chips from VNC http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category. I'm liking the vibe of these more than the Cointerras at this point, mostly because they are smaller and so more accessible to smaller scale miners. We have got a datasheet yet, but potentially we might be able to build these into our existing hardware, meaning that the current miniplanes will also work for the next boards. This wouldn't be possible with Cointerra. That said, still considering them too.

I am tempted by Zefirs chips, but they are over double the price so would still mean that we would have to charge quite a lot more for the boards, which doesn't feel quite right. Will keep everyone updated on plans for the future.  Grin

Cheers

Barntech

I like the look of the VNC chips, but is there any conformation they aren't just vaporware? The idea of being able to use existing boards is nice, but I still have my doubts about VNC. Their case and pci-express board design, as well as their pricing, is quite wonky. I also heard a rumor the packaging VNC chose has no heat spreader. This could make overclocking (if necessary) an issue. Have you heard any specs on them yet? It would be nice to have the ability to own our own boards! Hashfast chips could be nice I guess, if they are making enough. Same problem as the cointerra as far as pcb design however. 

Perhaps you could work out a deal with Zefir to ship chips purchased by future drill bit owners straight to yourselfs, Barntech? Then individuals who don't mind paying the higher per chip price can purchase their own and have them reliably sent to yourselves. You could still charge the same price for your boards and assembly, and leave the higher chip price up to the purchasers. I like that idea much better than forcing you guys to charge high prices. The logistics may make it more trouble than it is worth though sadly.
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

Also, just put up a photo of the hub for stacking two full miniplanes, and updated prices for bare boards. 1-5 for $25 each, 5+ for $20 each.  Smiley
That is an aeroplane :p
What is the advantage of doing so? Thou I don't have that much of boards Sad

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

That is an aeroplane :p
What is the advantage of doing so? Thou I don't have that much of boards Sad

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it just makes connecting things simpler. You don't needs separate internet connections and power for each board, you centrally plug them all in to the hub.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:23:17 PM

It's about sharing

Yes, if we did go down the route of large miners requiring hosting, we'd have to sort it out properly with contracts, insurance etc to make sure everyone involved feels confident and safe about having something they partly own sitting in somebody else's house or office.

This is part of why i like the idea of local hosting so that people can actually meet eachother and visit their miner. The idea would be to create a bit of a community around it rather than just a business agreement and bitcoin trickling into peoples wallets. If it did turn out that your host was far away, perhaps google hangouts or skype or something could work. Basically it would be about joining forces in a positive, communal, fun and transparent way. No more shady characters lurking on web forums. We are have a shared passion / hobby / interest. So why not share in real life as well as on the internet. On Wednesday this past week, i met some of our members in person at a Bitcoin meetup in Sydney and it was great experience to actually meet people for real. Highly recommended  Wink

Barntech

My hosting have everything you say you would need to feel confidant.
Contracts with each owner of each miner (month to month none of this year BS)
Will have a separate insurance policy backed by collateral for all the miners.
Tons of IP cameras that I can put on a website to live stream (in the works allready)
I would love to meet anyone in person, but I live in bumfucknowhere Missouri.

Im also currently working on a GB to get a ton of BF chips from either punin or Zefir, and to do some sort of direct shipping to barn for assembly. I love the idea of working with multiple chips, especially if you have have to change the design!
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:03:33 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 04:31:38 AM by DyslexicZombei

bobsag3 has been vetted by John K. and myself from previous contacts with both of us. He's even been vetted via social network. He's been very open and transparent in my dealings with him so far. John & I both know where he lives should anyone need to contact us if the caca hits the fan, which isn't going to happen as he's going to have his collateral, job & freedom on the line; which is as it should be.

He's got one heckuva miner host location being set up if I do say so myself.

As for me: John K. has vetted me & Barntech, jungle_dave, and BeepBeep2 all know where I live and/or work. Smiley

I'm of the strong opinion that you better put your a$$ on the line if you intend to handle other people's money/BTC/Hardware/IDs.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:45:40 AM

bobsag3 has been vetted by John K. and myself from previous contacts with both of us. He's even been vetted via social network. He's been very open and transparent in my dealings with him so far. John & I both know where he lives should anyone need to contact us if the caca hits the fan, which isn't going to happen as he's going to have his collateral, job & freedom on the line; which is as it should be.

He's got one heckuva miner host location being set up if I do say so myself.

As for me: John K. has vetted me & Barntech, jungle_dave, and BeepBeep2 all know where I live and/or work. Smiley

I'm of the strong opinion that you better put your a$$ on the line if you intend to handle other people's money/BTC/Hardware/IDs.
This man speaks the truth. That and I spend too much time on the internet.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:47:19 AM

Maybe a new thread should be started for discussion regarding future plans so we can keep this one on track?

Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:14:04 AM

Maybe a new thread should be started for discussion regarding future plans so we can keep this one on track?

Agreed. Lets keep this thread about this group buy and the bitfury drillbit hardware. For discussions about other stuff there is already this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288101.new#new for now.

Cheers

Barntech
NexusFlow

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:54:09 AM

Hi Barntech,

Great to see everything is progressing well with the drillbit family of boards.

Just wondering whether you'll be offering the thumb blank boards for sale as well and at what price?

Cheers
Nexus
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 12:39:47 AM

Barntech,

How are the test boards going?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: