Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:35:36 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 05:50:55 PM by dacoinminster

My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

edit:

Hey guys,

Rather than post updates here, I've decided to keep a public document with my current prices: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYI_R8leBvV5-UhsTuDi3WqhpMAxiTRvTw8e2m2jpKY/edit?usp=sharing

Check that document out if you are looking to buy a large block of MSC without moving the market.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:57:07 PM

Interesting. I guess the bitmessage sells on mcoin.io are dacoinminster's.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:59:57 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 12:26:01 AM by dacoinminster

I actually haven't started yet.  Smiley

Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

I actually haven't started yet Smiley

oh ok. maybe you should delete the post and just sell silently. It might cause panic. My friend said, "please at least wait for the client to come out"

Right now there is not much buy support. It might be smarter to develop some features, get some buy support, and then sell so the market doesn't get shocked. But of course, ultimately you can do what you want.
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:11:05 AM

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices.

Just an idea - maybe think about doing something like an "Exodus selling" - for example - a week sell that anyone can register to buy 10-50 MSC @ 0.1.
this way more new people will be exposed to the MSC community and the MSC "wealth" will be more distributed.
Your making more than X 10 your investment while giving back to the MSC community who put their faith in your project.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:13:19 AM

JR, why don't you just sell them through buymastercoin like Ron?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:16:43 AM

Thank God I made my investment back and I had invested in NXT.
This is doomed...
And I still hold >300MSC and have many friends convinced to invest @0.25
Again NXT saved them (I invested for them there too).

This is probably the end...

(NXT, eMunie and most of all XCP).
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:19:53 AM

This is doomed...

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks, this will be the start of Mastercoin.
Selling through the Dist. Exchange would be a better idea for everyone.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

This is doomed...

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks.

Not if theres no buy support. The dist exchange is only to buy mastercoin and sell mastercoin. It doesn't make much of a different from centralized exchanges besides the fees. Also, the dist exchange was supposed to come out like a month ago.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:28:55 AM

It may be a few days before I actually do anything. However and whenever this happens I do NOT plan to dump lots of coins unless I find a big buyer for them. I have no desire to crash the market. I hope that only a few of them will go through the exchanges.

Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill and hopefully enable me to spend more time on Mastercoin, because it's such an awesome project!

klee
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:30:28 AM

This is doomed...

The end of what?
The distributed exchange will be launched in a few weeks, this will be the start of Mastercoin.
Dream on - I have 15 years experience in software houses as a developer (not competent for sure but I know how projects are professionally build).

This is a dead end clusterfuck - I hope I will be proven wrong because I have hundreds MSC at stake...
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:47:29 AM

Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill

3-6% at todays prices gives you back your initial ~1500btc investment.

So basically, all the other 141k MSC is pure profit for you.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:50:41 AM

He is in deeper shit than you & me bro leave him alone - dacoin is the best guy in this forum, I mean it...
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

Again, this is only 3-6% of what I have, and I'm only selling to pay a big tax bill

3-6% at todays prices gives you back your initial ~1500btc investment.

So basically, all the other 141k MSC is pure profit for you.

Hey, when you put it that way, it doesn't seem quite so painful. Thanks!

My problem has been comparing the current price to what I think it WILL be worth, which makes me want to cry, but that is a much better way to think about it.

Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:52:31 AM

He is in deeper shit than you & me bro leave him alone - dacoin is the best guy in this forum, I mean it...
ya i'm not giving him a hard time, I am just pointing it out.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

Nice to see you going into Mastercoin full time. It's the right call.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:34:15 AM

My Mastercoin friends,

Given all the competition we've seen in this field lately, I no longer feel I can afford to wait for a sky-high price I like before selling some Mastercoins and jumping into the fray full-time. (As you all know, I've never sold a single one of my own Mastercoins, and I've been persistently disdainful of the market price so far).

I had a meeting with my tax advisor, and I'm going to have a HUGE tax bill due in April, so even if I wanted to wait longer, I cannot. So, I'm going to commence selling small amounts on the exchanges and see how it goes. Over the next few days, I will be placing small sell orders above the market price on various exchanges. I'm not in a hurry, and you won't see me dumping a lot of coins onto the bids or anything like that.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A LARGE CHUNK OF MASTERCOINS WITHOUT MOVING THE MARKET, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Please PM me if you would like to get a large chunk of MSC around current market prices. For very large purchases (100 BTC+), I may consider selling slightly below market if you can convince me you are making a long-term investment. Several of you have reached out to me in the past asking to make large purchases of this sort, and I told you I wasn't selling. Now I am.

Please don't PM me about small orders (< 5 BTC). You can easily buy those quantities on the exchanges if you like.

I hope to sell 3-6% of my total MSC holdings (5000-10000 MSC). If there is a big buyer right now, I may do it sooner, otherwise it may be later in the year. If I haven't sold them by August 1st 2014, I'll sell more aggressively, as I will have held them for a year and I'll only have to pay long-term capital gain taxes.

I believe very strongly in Mastercoin, but something like 99% of my personal net worth is currently in Mastercoin, and Ron has convinced me that I have to do SOME diversification, especially since that will allow me to quit my dayjob and throw myself headlong down this rabbit hole Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

Also posted this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1uo0ft/buy_mastercoins_directly_from_jr_founder_of/

I think this is good for mastercoin, as long as after selling you could be full time on it. It also helps distribution to be better.

The progress of mastercoin is extremely slow, considering what the competitors have done. A client has to be out in at most one month, and an exchange has to be out in at most two months. Otherwise, I don't think it has a good chance to survive anymore.
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:38:02 AM

My Mastercoin friends,

Thanks!

-J.R.

I think this is good for mastercoin, as long as after selling you could be full time on it. It also helps distribution to be better.

The progress of mastercoin is extremely slow, considering what the competitors have done. A client has to be out in at most one month, and an exchange has to be out in at most two months. Otherwise, I don't think it has a good chance to survive anymore.

He should be full time starting yesterday not after the sale.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:57:15 AM

Why the fuck isn't Ron leading the effort?  The guy is a complete no show!
Herp

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:01:40 AM

Why the fuck isn't Ron leading the effort?  The guy is a complete no show!
Don't know about that. Ron has been very hands on lately participating in many conferences promoting Mastercoin. He seems pretty involved.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: