Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771094 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:30:06 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 09:44:21 AM by Sou

Nice
addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 09:29:12 AM

Nice

minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:07:09 AM

Oh dear, some Troll has put a reply on the Bloomberg site saying VMC is a scam and listing a host of 'red flags' which are either purely subjective or 100% fiction. Who is the known scammer who acts as company rep?? I flagged the comment, others should too it might get taken down.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:48:59 AM

It's just been removed.

That was a quick result but people this is the danger when you humour or respond to Trolls on here. We know who we are talking about, the more you talk to them the bigger their interest in this company and the more likely they are to follow our interests outside of this forum.

That single 'scammer alert' post on Bloomberg could have cost ACtM 500k in orders possible a lot more. That's because that sort or article opens the door to a whole new set of very wealthy investors who have so far not delved into the BTC market. When they see 4 companies selling mining machines and just one of them is slated in the comments as scammers with a host of invented 'red flags' mentioned the investors won't even visit the VMC website - they will go straight to the competition.

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:01:09 PM

It's just been removed.

That was a quick result but people this is the danger when you humour or respond to Trolls on here. We know who we are talking about, the more you talk to them the bigger their interest in this company and the more likely they are to follow our interests outside of this forum.

That single 'scammer alert' post on Bloomberg could have cost ACtM 500k in orders possible a lot more. That's because that sort or article opens the door to a whole new set of very wealthy investors who have so far not delved into the BTC market. When they see 4 companies selling mining machines and just one of them is slated in the comments as scammers with a host of invented 'red flags' mentioned the investors won't even visit the VMC website - they will go straight to the competition.

I wouldn't worry too much about the comments - all crypto currency articles generate negative scam/ponzi scheme comments and only time will change that. There just aren't a lot of knowledgeable people and I feel like I read at least 2-3 comments a day on every bitcoin related article exactly like this. We just have to rely upon the moderation systems (and us noticing and flagging comments).

examples:
"p-reid • 6 hours ago
"Virtual Mining’s Slaughter said the sooner people start mining, the more likely they are to make a return on their investment"
The modern day pyramid scheme!!! Just like its predecessors, the first in will get rich and the last screwed. There is another dipshitttt born every second, so you might as well."

"Benny Blanco • 7 hours ago −
only a fool would buy into this ponzi scheme---think people---i buy a bit coin for $20 a couple years ago , now its $135 and i want to cashout--- wheres the extra $115 coming from?Huh?--- the most recent fools who buy into this charade--- it should be outlawed and the people involved thrown into the gulag!!!"

Sigh. Morons

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:08:30 PM

It's just been removed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the comments - all crypto currency articles generate negative scam/ponzi scheme comments and only time will change that. There just aren't a lot of knowledgeable people and I feel like I read at least 2-3 comments a day on every bitcoin related article exactly like this. We just have to rely upon the moderation systems (and us noticing and flagging comments).

examples:
"p-reid • 6 hours ago
"Virtual Mining’s Slaughter said the sooner people start mining, the more likely they are to make a return on their investment"
The modern day pyramid scheme!!! Just like its predecessors, the first in will get rich and the last screwed. There is another dipshitttt born every second, so you might as well."

"Benny Blanco • 7 hours ago −
only a fool would buy into this ponzi scheme---think people---i buy a bit coin for $20 a couple years ago , now its $135 and i want to cashout--- wheres the extra $115 coming from?Huh?--- the most recent fools who buy into this charade--- it should be outlawed and the people involved thrown into the gulag!!!"

Sigh. Morons

I've had the ponzi argument via public forum on multiple occasions. It comes down to people not knowing what a ponzi scheme is. Early adopters profiting more than late comers =/= ponzi scheme.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:09:24 PM

I think that's being just a bit complacent. It's the first mention of VMC on Bloomberg as far as I know, it's their latest BTC 'big splash', it directly quotes our CEO, it clearly sets out the competition to VMC.

Any serious investor in tradtitional markets who is now interested in BTC and BTC mining would likely read this article. There are only 7 comments, three are substantive and of interest, and one was accusing VMC of being a scam. That post was a serious threat. That is why it was written.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:10:34 PM

I've had the ponzi argument via public forum on multiple occasions. It comes down to people not knowing what a ponzi scheme is. Early adopters profiting more than late comers =/= ponzi scheme.

100% incorrect, quite ironically.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:12:57 PM

What about this is incorrect?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
canth
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:17:35 PM

I think that's being just a bit complacent. It's the first mention of VMC on Bloomberg as far as I know, it's their latest BTC 'big splash', it directly quotes our CEO, it clearly sets out the competition to VMC.

Any serious investor in tradtitional markets who is now interested in BTC and BTC mining would likely read this article. There are only 7 comments, three are substantive and of interest, and one was accusing VMC of being a scam. That post was a serious threat. That is why it was written.

Agreed, specific accusations against Ken are worse than general scam/ponzi comments. But I would say just flag, get it removed and move on. We're not held hostage to a few malcontents or trolls.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:20:06 PM

Let the first one who didn't invest in a "virtual entity" registered in Belize, currently trading at a fraction of its IPO price, throw the first stone Angry Cheesy

This is one of your worst arguments, I know someone that has a successful manufacturing business registered in Belize and based in Malaysia. This is not an uncommon thing to do.
canth
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:20:56 PM

Yeah, it would be the similar to suggesting that Apple is running a ponzi scheme since those who purchased stock when the company was circling the toilet in the 2001 profited when the stock when to over $400/share. Ponzi and scam have to be the most overused words by financially ignorant internet trolls.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:37:30 PM

Let the first one who didn't invest in a "virtual entity" registered in Belize, currently trading at a fraction of its IPO price, throw the first stone Angry Cheesy

This is one of your worst arguments, I know someone that has a successful manufacturing business registered in Belize and based in Malaysia. This is not an uncommon thing to do.

I know someone who won the lottery.  Doesn't mean that *you* should make buying scratch tickets your financial plan.  You stubbornly ignored my advice, now it's a bit too late for you.  No one's buying.  Enjoy.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:41:00 PM

I know someone who won the lottery.  Doesn't mean that *you* should make buying scratch tickets your financial plan.  You stubbornly ignored my advice, now it's a bit too late for you.  No one's buying.  Enjoy.

I'm not telling people to buy, in fact when people ask I tell them its a terrible buy. I am being honest.

Back to the facts, many companies are registered in various offshore countries and this is not an abnormal thing to do.

The point I am trying to make is whilst Active Mining has some really bad things going for it, the registered in Belize is not one of them and you are being a troll bringing that up over and over again.

The more stupid things you say, the less effect your words have.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

crumble has only one agenda and that is to damage ActM any way he can.

This alone makes it Ken's duty to remove all of his posts regardless of content.

From now on I am reporting every single post he makes and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

This guy is a cancer and needs to be cut out.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:26:55 PM

crumble has only one agenda and that is to damage ActM any way he can.

This alone makes it Ken's duty to remove all of his posts regardless of content.

From now on I am reporting every single post he makes and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

This guy is a cancer and needs to be cut out.

Is there someone who doesn't have him ignored?

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:38:15 PM

drawingthesun-

what is it about DON'T FEED THE TROLLS that you don't understand exactly?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:40:34 PM

drawingthesun-

He just says so much stupid!

I really need to learn to leave him alone.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:46:31 PM

drawingthesun-

He just says so much stupid!

I really need to learn to leave him alone.

He's probably getting paid for what he does. That or he's in dire need of a fleshlight.
So just ignore him. If nobody's replying to his shit talk then maybe he won't get paid.

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:22:56 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 02:39:13 PM by minerpart

What about this is incorrect?

In a Ponzi early investors may profit but usually they just think they are profiting as they are paid unrealistic amounts of interest on their investment - that is to attract in more victims. The late comers lose everything (early investors may lose 80% or more) as the scam is run down. Its not about late comers getting a smaller slice of a pie, all of their money is taken and they see none of it back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: