Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29996 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:44:35 AM

Can AI protect us from hackers? Why do we need AI? Very interesting and useful article:

https://medium.com/@bitfence/bitfence-can-ai-protect-us-from-hackers-4855efc75908

Bitfence are really doing great in the aspect if writing articles that explains why they are doing what they are doing. This article for example just taught me the importance of a.i in detecting and preventing attacks. Nice one again from Bitfence.

BTW is an mvp out or any plans for it to be released any time soon? I have seen the images of the hardware planned in twitter. I think the software is the more important bit and if any plans to see an mvp of it?

Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:01:03 AM

Is there any airdrop available from Bitfence ICO ? I know that there is a bounty available, because there is a thread for that.

Nope and I’m hoping they don’t I rather they maintain a high value by giving away as few tokens as possible I think a limited amount for bounty and a small amount for marketing but for airdrop I find that doesn’t do much for the teams that have airdrops

You're right, airdrop is good but has been known to cause more havoc than good because it took them little or nothing to get the tokens and is human nature to take free things for granted, bitfence has been doing well and is best they stay that way rather than open any door for free airdrops at the moment, tokens should be streamlined to be gotten through bounties 
I prefer bounties over airdrops too, you can get a lot more in a bounty then in an airdrop and a lot of people usually dump their tokens if they have received it from an airdrop.

With bounties you get to do actual valuable work for the ICO rather then just supply a dummy email or join a page. I think bounties add more value when it comes to content generation that is mostly healthy for the community.

Exactly, the project actually benefits from bounties with somewhat promotion, an airdrop is a way of advertising but not exactly for the right reasons, just advertising FREE MONEY essentially. I much prefer bountys as airdrops can impact a coin value of the project

airdrops have become a real epidemic. some threads or telegram-channels were completely unreadable by airdrops and then I avoided these projects.
Bounties are a good thing. i find it better, when i have to do something for the tokens.
and usually, as a participant in a campaign, you get to know the project better and maybe you invest something yourself.

The chances of you dumping a bounty token is very minimal compared to airdrop, it takes a lot to still hold an airdrop token because it was given completely free unlike bounty where work done is required, I think Bitfence has got some bounty running in bounty0x

Yea, you get the ideology behind that, is like comparing a man who got paid after some hard labour with someone that got paid by just sleeping all day, the former will find it hard to misuse his salary than the latter that will easily do so because they believe that they will still get another free meal, so is logically and i don't blame projects like bitfence for not choosing that aspect of marketing
Anilbg

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 06:55:04 AM

The goal for Stage 1 is 2000 Ethereum right ? What will happen if they don't reach that ? Will they just continue with Stage 2, because the hardcap is more than 2000 ETH.

I'm fairly certain that Bitfence will continue with Stage 2 of their token sale, they might even extend the token sale or reduce their hard cap total if they feel like they can set a more realistic target.

I think problem is with the gap between softcap and hardcap. People might be thinking , Ifroject can start with small amount then why they need this big money.
In my opinion, BitFence should change this hardcap.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:14:30 AM

Can AI protect us from hackers? Why do we need AI? Very interesting and useful article:

https://medium.com/@bitfence/bitfence-can-ai-protect-us-from-hackers-4855efc75908

Bitfence are really doing great in the aspect if writing articles that explains why they are doing what they are doing. This article for example just taught me the importance of a.i in detecting and preventing attacks. Nice one again from Bitfence.

BTW is an mvp out or any plans for it to be released any time soon? I have seen the images of the hardware planned in twitter. I think the software is the more important bit and if any plans to see an mvp of it?

There's a testnet with the stingminer running on it currently, im not sure if it's public yet.
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:43:36 AM

The goal for Stage 1 is 2000 Ethereum right ? What will happen if they don't reach that ? Will they just continue with Stage 2, because the hardcap is more than 2000 ETH.

I'm fairly certain that Bitfence will continue with Stage 2 of their token sale, they might even extend the token sale or reduce their hard cap total if they feel like they can set a more realistic target.

I think problem is with the gap between softcap and hardcap. People might be thinking , Ifroject can start with small amount then why they need this big money.

Well, I think it's a good thing - soft cap is nice and low so the project will go ahead no matter what; shows they have a good ambition. I'm not fussed about the big hard cap, the more money they have the easier it will be to deploy and get the project to the next stage
chan001

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:57:09 AM

Well, I think it's a good thing - soft cap is nice and low so the project will go ahead no matter what; shows they have a good ambition. I'm not fussed about the big hard cap, the more money they have the easier it will be to deploy and get the project to the next stage

Good points. What I think is that, it will be good if BitFence team mentions what they will do if certain amount is raised. I mean there are multiple hardcap so what they will start once certain levels are reached.
ctrades31

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:26:43 AM

As you say i also think that they could extend Stage 1 a little bit further so they can still reach that 2000 ETH cap and then continue with Stage 2.
Might be, but I don't think so they need to extend stage 1 till reach goal. Because see now they said 1114.79 ETH raised. As they said "Discount linearly drops on 0% on Jun 30". means they have enough time to reach their goals.

Even if the stage 1 goal isn't reach the wise move will be to continue with sarge 2 rather than extending stage1 sales.
You mean to say if they will never reach their target in stage 1 then will continue with stage 2? But what about stage 1 goals target then?
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 12:45:45 PM

I see alot of people reporting their articles on multiple platforms and then submitting everylink in the spreadsheet.. Is that allowed..?

Check the rules, if it isn't there then it is maybe allowed ! Or you could also ask it on their Telegram if they have a bounty channel then it would be easy to ask it and get a answer.

There is an Ann thread that is dedicated to bitfence bounty here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3270642

He could also ask his questions in the bitfence telegram channel here https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@bitfence

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:02:03 PM

There's a testnet with the stingminer running on it currently, im not sure if it's public yet.

I wasn't aware of that. Who is using the stingminer on the testnet any idea? I know you said you are not sure if it is for the public, any idea who is currently testing it or it just in-house?

ethtrader16
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:18:30 PM

I see alot of people reporting their articles on multiple platforms and then submitting everylink in the spreadsheet.. Is that allowed..?

Check the rules, if it isn't there then it is maybe allowed ! Or you could also ask it on their Telegram if they have a bounty channel then it would be easy to ask it and get a answer.

There is an Ann thread that is dedicated to bitfence bounty here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3270642

He could also ask his questions in the bitfence telegram channel here https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@bitfence
cointrader78, everyone have to follow their rules strictly. Otherwise they will disqualify you. Hence whatever procedure they mention you have to go through that process.
cryptossi

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:20:20 PM

Yeah Bitfence's hard cap in USD is $50,000,000 this is a very high figure and it is a lot higher than the soft cap of $3,000,000.

It's nice to have big goals but I think the team needs to be realistic, I would revise the hard cap total and maybe lower it to a more achievable figure.

Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

yeah, just have seen this tweet from bitenfence: https://twitter.com/BitFence_/status/998395500649943040
there you see the stingminer in action! how they write: it runs with no noise and no heat:-) i'm already in love

"runs with no noise and heat"?? That's strange. Is the stingMiner not made of mechanical parts that undergoes mechanical motion? It will really be interesting to know how mechanical parts work without emitting heat.

it is just a RaspberryPi, so there are no mechanical parts.
I do not know the exact function of the Raspberry, but the mining will probably need as little power that the Stingminer does not get warm

Nice. Now I see. I think I need to read about this raspberry of a thing to get more understanding of how it really works. That's a really interesting innovation
iphy6013

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

From my understanding the process for miners to earn HNY token involves being able to capture hackers trying to hack Bitfence network and then share this threat with Bitfence, once Bitfence validates the threat with Bitfence risk scoring mechanism you get rewarded. The whole process looks like fun i'll be sure to partake in this.
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

yeah, just have seen this tweet from bitenfence: https://twitter.com/BitFence_/status/998395500649943040
there you see the stingminer in action! how they write: it runs with no noise and no heat:-) i'm already in love

"runs with no noise and heat"?? That's strange. Is the stingMiner not made of mechanical parts that undergoes mechanical motion? It will really be interesting to know how mechanical parts work without emitting heat.

it is just a RaspberryPi, so there are no mechanical parts.
I do not know the exact function of the Raspberry, but the mining will probably need as little power that the Stingminer does not get warm

Nice. Now I see. I think I need to read about this raspberry of a thing to get more understanding of how it really works. That's a really interesting innovation

The beauty if the raspberry pi / sting miner, is the simple ease of the product, and it's not a resourceful device so doesn't use much power and can easily hide the device
MountainConqueror

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

Mountains is my passion

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:39:48 PM

Matthew Ignacio:
This team has a great idea in crypto world. I see its potential. Keep up the good work team and ensure that security system is working fine. thats all I will support this coin for the better future. GOD BLESS! Im happy to part of this sucess in the future thank you

Is he's that project advisor? Then it explains why he told that.  Wink
phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 04:22:52 PM

From my understanding the process for miners to earn HNY token involves being able to capture hackers trying to hack Bitfence network and then share this threat with Bitfence, once Bitfence validates the threat with Bitfence risk scoring mechanism you get rewarded. The whole process looks like fun i'll be sure to partake in this.

Basically which is pretty nice as it’s another passive way of mining without burning up a bunch of power but earning a passive income
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:36:53 PM

Basically which is pretty nice as it’s another passive way of mining without burning up a bunch of power but earning a passive income
So you can mine NHY Tokens and also get rewarded if someone's hacks the bitfence network through your miner?
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

BitFence has scored pretty well on ICO Bench https://icobench.com/ico/bitfence

The team is quite competent

2 advisors give each 3x5 points. the bot is at 4.3.
I'm wondering, did the advisors have a close look at the project? is there really not a single point to criticize for the two?
Somehow I find the bot almost trustworthy, and 4.3 is a very good value

I agree, I noticed the bot and the two expert reviews, I suppose this is the way the ratings are done and when the rating is low, the ICO usually reflects that

I’ve noticed expert reviews are always to the extremes so it’s pretty normal to see them go 5/5 or 1/5 they don’t really seem to have a middle ground often or atleast that’s my observations

I agree, that is the good part of why there is a bot rating as well and why it weighs far more than other ratings

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:09:30 PM

So you can mine NHY Tokens and also get rewarded if someone's hacks the bitfence network through your miner?

Yeah that's the whole point its called a honeypot and its a pretty commonly used in IT to help prevent malicious attacks and stop hackers from accessing information from networks. The fact that investors/customers using the stingminer software/hardware will also get to benefit from mining tokens whilst also keeping themselves protected is a great added bonus that could also be very profitable if the HNY tokens do well on exchanges.

gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

As you say i also think that they could extend Stage 1 a little bit further so they can still reach that 2000 ETH cap and then continue with Stage 2.
Might be, but I don't think so they need to extend stage 1 till reach goal. Because see now they said 1114.79 ETH raised. As they said "Discount linearly drops on 0% on Jun 30". means they have enough time to reach their goals.

Even if the stage 1 goal isn't reach the wise move will be to continue with sarge 2 rather than extending stage1 sales.
You mean to say if they will never reach their target in stage 1 then will continue with stage 2? But what about stage 1 goals target then?

Its just an assumption from my part, i think for the stage 2 the goal will just be slightly increased in addition to the stage 1 goal no concrete change will be made.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: