Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29996 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ctrades31

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:42:21 PM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source

Yeah true, it's a fact being stated cause even if they are caught they could as well destroy the source and deny the act, I wish a secret camera capture can be put in place aside tracking of IP

And how would you do a secret camera capture ? I mean everyone want that, but that is even more difficult than tracking a IP. You have nowadays a lot of tools to get a IP from someone you want.

Lol what the hell is a 'secret camera capture'? This is the whole point that BitFence is trying to do, because IP address alone isn't evidence, they will be fingerprinting each  detected hacker with their own signature.

What is that? a secret camera capture? is that suppose to be some sort of pattern capture or a literal camera capture from the stingminer? This is interesting even google returns camera images lol.
I am also not understand that point about secret camera. Also I didn't found anything about this topic at anywhere on whitepaper or website.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:06:41 PM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source

I think the proactive approach with this one is what is most interesting. Since the honey pot would actively attract and analyze hacking attempts almost instantly and distribute to the rest of the network you are basically protecting before the attack happens.

Also a more experienced hacker will know what a honeypot is and how it works. And can in turn use it against the miners. How can bitfence prevent this ?

That's exactly what their lead team member said in the video interview, that they know IP's can be comprimised which is why each hackers fingerprint will be unique, and not include IP and machine name etc.

Building a fingerprint of the hacker is a wise move as it moves them away from traditional blocking and more towards something actually useful in preventing future attacks I’m gonna be interested to see how the full fingerprint is built

That's probably the most innovative part of this project, i don't actually know how the technical part of the fingerprint works but one thing is for sure, you can't fake a fingerprint and even if you do, it will take a whole lot of effort than just changing an IP and all that, so it is a right step in the right direction and to me, this is the first of its kind

This is the beauty of it, regardless of IP address or where you are in the world.

BitFence should be able to identify the same type of attack due to the unique fingerprint allowing a secure efficient system

Pretty sleek if you ask me, as this is like the signature mark of this project, bitfence is a good project and one advice i will like to give to them is that, they should always stick to what they say and keep to their stated duration, i understand changes may come up but it should be as minimal as possible, changes may lead to a drop in confidence
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

Building a fingerprint of the hacker is a wise move as it moves them away from traditional blocking and more towards something actually useful in preventing future attacks I’m gonna be interested to see how the full fingerprint is built

That's probably the most innovative part of this project, i don't actually know how the technical part of the fingerprint works but one thing is for sure, you can't fake a fingerprint and even if you do, it will take a whole lot of effort than just changing an IP and all that, so it is a right step in the right direction and to me, this is the first of its kind

This is the beauty of it, regardless of IP address or where you are in the world.

BitFence should be able to identify the same type of attack due to the unique fingerprint allowing a secure efficient system
That's why is so difficult to implement any effective security system. I f Bitfence solves this problem that would be a huge step in network security.

Every day attackers find different way to hacking system. BitFence need to keep updating their products on regular basis. It will be interesting to see if hackers can hack BitFence device or not.

Hackers wont be targetting the BitFence device, it is used as a "honeypot" which will essentially draw the hackers into the device making it vulnerable so Bitfence device can inspect the type of attack and assign it to a unique ID (Fingerprint) which therefore can be used in the future down the line.

The fingerprint will be used to identify similar attacks when a hacker tries to use the same fingerprint on a network. And  preventing the attack from happening.

Hackers are very intelligent, what stops them from finding a way to protect themselves against Bitfence's software? I feel like hackers will keep on evolving and they will always be ahead of the curve.
But bitfence can know how the hackers do it and so they can prevent it the next time it happens i think it is amazing also with this information they can look a head too.
cryptossi

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:20:21 PM

That's why is so difficult to implement any effective security system. I f Bitfence solves this problem that would be a huge step in network security.

Every day attackers find different way to hacking system. BitFence need to keep updating their products on regular basis. It will be interesting to see if hackers can hack BitFence device or not.

Hackers wont be targetting the BitFence device, it is used as a "honeypot" which will essentially draw the hackers into the device making it vulnerable so Bitfence device can inspect the type of attack and assign it to a unique ID (Fingerprint) which therefore can be used in the future down the line.

The fingerprint will be used to identify similar attacks when a hacker tries to use the same fingerprint on a network. And  preventing the attack from happening.

Hackers are very intelligent, what stops them from finding a way to protect themselves against Bitfence's software? I feel like hackers will keep on evolving and they will always be ahead of the curve.
But bitfence can know how the hackers do it and so they can prevent it the next time it happens i think it is amazing also with this information they can look a head too.

Yeah that I guess Bitfence can develop new technology and keep improving their software to make sure they catch hackers as efficiently as possible.

Owillz

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

They indeed can learn about hackers trick from the submitted data for prevention of future occurrence.  I believe a further study of each of these data can present or reveal some more details that can prove helpful for further developments later on in the project.
ethtrader16
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:37:47 PM

Yeah true, it's a fact being stated cause even if they are caught they could as well destroy the source and deny the act, I wish a secret camera capture can be put in place aside tracking of IP

And how would you do a secret camera capture ? I mean everyone want that, but that is even more difficult than tracking a IP. You have nowadays a lot of tools to get a IP from someone you want.

Lol what the hell is a 'secret camera capture'? This is the whole point that BitFence is trying to do, because IP address alone isn't evidence, they will be fingerprinting each  detected hacker with their own signature.

What is that? a secret camera capture? is that suppose to be some sort of pattern capture or a literal camera capture from the stingminer? This is interesting even google returns camera images lol.
How it will works? Or what exactly you want to say here? That they are developing something new with this current product and will bring in market with surprise?
phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:50:09 PM

How it will works? Or what exactly you want to say here? That they are developing something new with this current product and will bring in market with surprise?

Lol he didn’t say they were adding a camera lol read better he said he WISHES their was a secret camera to identify hackers it was an unrealistic thing he was being hyperbolic in the fact that it’s hard to really prove a hacker is a hacker on a small scale I believe
ctrades31

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:28:48 PM

Lol what the hell is a 'secret camera capture'? This is the whole point that BitFence is trying to do, because IP address alone isn't evidence, they will be fingerprinting each  detected hacker with their own signature.

Lol he didn’t say they were adding a camera lol read better he said he WISHES their was a secret camera to identify hackers it was an unrealistic thing he was being hyperbolic in the fact that it’s hard to really prove a hacker is a hacker on a small scale I believe
Grin OMG, some people are really misunderstood this word. That I also agree with Nathan. But think if it happens then we will see Bitfence on Moon.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:42:41 PM

Yeah that I guess Bitfence can develop new technology and keep improving their software to make sure they catch hackers as efficiently as possible.

just like your antivirus solution has definition updates, I assume that Bitfence will as well (That's essentially what the sting miner will be doing, gathering fingerprints (Definitions) of confirmed hackers
ILUzbek

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:59:06 PM

the site has a counter that counts down the days before the launch. Do I understand correctly that at the end of the sale of the tokens you are already announcing the platform?

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███    White Paper   [   JOIN our ICO   ]   ANN Thread    ██|
Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |   Github   |   Reddit
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

just like your antivirus solution has definition updates, I assume that Bitfence will as well (That's essentially what the sting miner will be doing, gathering fingerprints (Definitions) of confirmed hackers

Of course, further development is urgently needed. You always have to be one step ahead of the hackers. Once you can only react instead of acting it will be hard
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:24:52 PM

Of course, further development is urgently needed. You always have to be one step ahead of the hackers. Once you can only react instead of acting it will be hard

Hackers are also developing themselves. They are not dumb. BitFence will surely further develop their products. That is also why antiviruses are providing updates.

phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:38:13 PM

It’s gonna be a continuous development or standard security companies just like bitfence they will have to also develop and evolve to keep up and not just keep up but attempt to stay a step ahead to keep their customers and users safe and secure
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:22:29 PM

Do early investors get more rewards, than just receiving more bonus for tokens ? I would like to know all the details about that. Don't get me wrong i like it so far that you earn more tokens.

nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:27:22 PM

Will there be updates for the Stingminer or do you have to buy a new one every time they update it?
gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 03:54:49 AM

Hackers are also developing themselves. They are not dumb. BitFence will surely further develop their products. That is also why antiviruses are providing updates.

One thing people have to know about Internet security is that hacker's always find their way through security that's why patches are always being released for software's and hardware's. Bitfence will surely have to think of new methods of securing networks and implement them.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:32:28 AM

Lol what the hell is a 'secret camera capture'? This is the whole point that BitFence is trying to do, because IP address alone isn't evidence, they will be fingerprinting each  detected hacker with their own signature.

Grin OMG, some people are really misunderstood this word. That I also agree with Nathan. But think if it happens then we will see Bitfence on Moon.

lol it sounded a bit vague I figured it could be a term in cybersecurity or the likes; some kind of jargon. Either case I think it would not be difficult identifying hacker from behavior since that would be focus of the algorithm.

Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:05:24 AM

As cryptocurrency growth at this exponential rate, i think the security will become more relevant in this space. Happy to see bitfence is making contribution to crypto space and make the ecosystem more resist to hacker.

You're absolutely right, that simply means an increase in the market value of the project with every new entry that is made in the crypto world will lead to a potential increase in the value of the token and is not just the cryptosphere that this is applicable but the traditional means too, so the project has a huge market base, its relevance will keep growing

I agree with you Mate. Cryptocurrency market is clos to $500B+ I think. This means lots of hackers will be active and trying to steal the data/wallet. That's why I think BitFence products will be in demand.

If only it was at $500B+ !!! It has been consolidating around $300billion currently at $330billion. Also BitFence is targeting securing at multiple levels - mainly targeting securing business' rather than Cryptocurrency wallets.

I am honestly interested in trying out the honeypot and see how much returns that would have. I know mining Eth for example is not as profitable as it used to be so I hope this would be better Tongue

I think at the beginning of a project mining is mostly profitable
And what you should not forget here: Even if you earn little, it is a great reward, if you caught hackers and prevents them from hacking :-)

Exactly it’s a good thing regardless but with this project you do the right thing and you get rewarded for it so I’m not sure how people could ask for more i mean imagine if avg paid it’s users for finding viruses lol this teams gonna basically pay for helping to find and develop fingerprints of hackers

putting it that way ya; I mean if any of the current anti virus software paid part of what they get it we will all be rich Tongue. As mentioned I think it is mostly profitable around the launch since you will get them tokens easier and when they grow they will be more valuable.

That's precisely why its best to get it when cheap and at the amount your're comfortable with and that's the beauty of the blockchain industry, the other brands of antivirus basically give us, the users what they feel is right, not like what we want, in a decentralization system, you have a say, an opportunity to create an impact in a project that you invested in
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:08:07 AM

bitfence are asking for special attention from hackers, i hope they are ready for it.
projects like REMME for instance have asked partners like hacken to pentest their own website and find security holes before they started their ICO. this proved to be a good decision and they even reached the hardcap. i suggest that bitfence should ask independent companies or even the whitehat hackers community (like hacken.io) to do some test attacks just to be sure their system works and survives any hacking attempts.
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:25:49 AM

Will there be updates for the Stingminer or do you have to buy a new one every time they update it?

I'm sure you do not have to buy new stingminers all the time, but they will send out regular updates.
Nobody would join in if you always had to buy a new device
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: