Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
iotarocket

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:53:17 AM

This is a scare tactic used to dissuade people from owning bitcoin. Most people who own bitcoin are upright people who simply want to invest in blockchain technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lenar556

Activity: 187

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

Scammers are interested in bitcoin because of its anonymity. Criminal organizations are also involved in money-laundering operations. That's one of the reasons I'm in favor of state recognition. It's bad enough that some people think of it as a Scam or pyramid theory. The laws will greatly help bitcoin become a mainstream!!
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

Bitcoin can't kill people directly but guns in many parts of the world is considered as a safety tool. All I'm saying is that those anti-bitcoin should know how to distinguish first what really causes the crime to happen.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:42:59 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yes. There are criminals irrespective of the existence of blockchain technology and bitcoin. So it is wrong to say that bitcoin is promoting criminality.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:52:30 AM

It is difficult to argue that the presence of bitcoin has increased illegal transactions, which is why many countries worry because the bitcoin feature is anonymous making it difficult for anyone to track down bitcoin users.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:29:25 PM

Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:37:14 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
For me, criminals can buy and pay in bitcoin because there is a lot of users who do not use their real name instead they use fake names to hide they true identity, criminals can pay in bitcoin because it is easy  to seend money because you do not need file a information about yourself.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:39:44 PM

This is a bad news for the crypto world. We know that crypto is anonymous. But are not users who commit criminality that can be tracked? If the transaction he did with the crypto could not be traced, but the criminal act was traceable and searchable evidence could be found. Their transaction data is only one that can be used as evidence. Is not that something that can also be used as evidence is still a lot? So, I do not think it's worth it if Crypto is cornered on a mistake.
handini

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
indeed bitcoin users are hard to trace, because bitcoin users are not known, so we if you want to know the users bitcoin each other is quite difficult.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

Maybe yes they used bitcoin for money transaction because this is the easy way.many people use bitcoin but we didn't know if they are terrorist or hacker. Much better to improve the safety in bitcoin and also of the investor. We should make our details private for security to ourselves.

odakorlina

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:13:22 PM

I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. However, we cannot avoid these situations because there are always things such as good and bad, right and wrong. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way and any technologies could used by them. All criminal activities has been in existence and on the high level before the introduction of Bitcoin.
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:47:05 PM

It's not bitcoin than can danger the society,  but the society that might misuse the bitcoins which is very dangerous. If there are a lot of people who misuse bitcoins ore use them for criminality,  it will bode ill for the future of Bitcoin.
sk700

Activity: 587

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

some criminal use bitcoin as a medium of illegal action. in this regard bitcoin is source of criminality.
bcointt

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:40:16 PM

Such statements are made only by politicians for the popularity. Criminals can also use Fiat, it never stopped them. They try to fight against consequences, and it is necessary with the reasons.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:49:54 PM

indeed bitcoin users are hard to trace, because bitcoin users are not known, so we if you want to know the users bitcoin each other is quite difficult.

Bitcoin users are hard to trace, but most of us make many mistakes which make it easy for authorities to track transactions. Criminals have switched to more anonymous cryptocurrencies like Monero, Zcash, Dash a long time ago. Now they are trying to get rid of Bitcoin because of something that happened in the past. Maybe they still think that if they kill Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies will die because of that.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

Such statements are made only by politicians for the popularity. Criminals can also use Fiat, it never stopped them. They try to fight against consequences, and it is necessary with the reasons.
You are right, not just potential bitcoins, even fiat has been used as a means of illegal activity. Then, why does it become excessive when associated with bitcoin? the simple reason is that bitcoin is something new, not much explored and yet understood by everyone.

Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:39:54 PM

every thing that can make money there is a lot of criminals, in the world of the Internet there is a heker, so they are in this bitcoin they are quite easy to steal our assets because in the bitcoin world there is no name of the person responsible if happened something, more so in my country the government does not allow this bitcoin, yes if we lose our assets, we can not take responsibility for it
Yes, in terms of money people doing bad things there us lot's of hackers in the world of internet they steal our asset quitely. In my country the scammers  they use name bitcoin to get money in the people that people is lack of knowledge about in cryptocurrency it is bad thing's they use name bitcoin to get money in a illegal.
Where there is money, there will always be criminals because thats what they are always after, wealth. We can't stop those especially professional hackers or crypto-criminals who can bang up our profiles and sneak into the system and mess it all up. Its not just bitcoin, criminals are everywhere.
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:56:26 PM

They say that the criminality is increasing as the bitcoin is becoming more popular than before. Bitcoin can also bring danger to our society because there are bad people who are using bitcoin in bad way.
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:38:19 PM

I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. However, we cannot avoid these situations because there are always things such as good and bad, right and wrong. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way and any technologies could used by them. All criminal activities has been in existence and on the high level before the introduction of Bitcoin.
olatslodi

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:42:58 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: