Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:09:46 AM

I'd say BECAUSE of the undefined qualities of NXT, the things that CfB hints about but are not yet reveled, That any one outside of the Dev Team is going to get themselves in more trouble than its worth on stage at a Q&A like this, and will only let the FUD spread.

People like answers to questions before they spend their money. better to not be involved than to be on stage saying "i dunno, i dunno"

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:14:32 AM

Are any of you technical and articulate folks able to make it for Friday if funds are not an issue? This is such a huge opportunity, and I would love to see someone like Anon or JoeFox there. I bet we can pull together some funds to get one of you there if you're able to clear your schedule. I would gladly chip in a couple hundred $-worth of Nxt, and I think others definitely would as well.

I am technical and articulate and have been slowly sifting through source code to understand things better, BUT I don't feel like I could field questions from cryptographers or software engineers without imploding.  I can talk about Nxt, and some of the challenges it faces, but the CfB-BCNext filter is a little too opaque to be useful for understanding the deep fundamentals (after only two months of this stuff, the exhaustion is overwhelming: "the source code is the whitepaper!", "community must decide", "Enigma!", "Tease!", "u are incorrect check thread for answers plz", "wait for third part of plan", "many riddles in the source if you look", etc.)

I'd say some nice things about Nxt, and then one guy would raise his hand and ask "can you explain the rationale behind basing a cryptocurrency on a mix of Curve25519, EC-KCDSA, and SHA-256 when no papers exist that assess the semantic security of that particular Diffie-Hellman key exchange algorithm, and it is has only traditionally been favoured for its calculation speeds?", and I would suddenly smell toast and collapse into an apoplectic heap, muttering "just ask Beyonce it all comes from Beyonce" and weeping.  THEN watch the price.

It's a real Catch-22.  Getting a chance to take part in a panel that would be included in the (always awesome and SO VALUABLE) Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast is *exquisite*, but the person to talk about the advent and future of metacoins is currently living in Belarus and busy until April.

MY VOTE would be for someone like wesley, ferment, opticalcarrier, rickyjames or ricot.

Ok, any of you guys willing to take a break and step into the limelight?

nonononono no way. you would not want to put me on a stage in front of people. i would singlehandedly bring the price down to 0.00001 by the time I was done.

I think you guys (Anon and JoeFox) are too hard on yourselves. You've demonstrated a keen understanding of the key features and vision behind Nxt. Certainly more than enough to satisfy 99% of the viewers. If someone asks a question you don't feel qualified to answer I don't think it would be damaging to admit your limitations and direct them to where they can find the answer.
brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:21:44 AM

NXT Event Marketing Information and Redemption Cards

Proposal for Marketing Concept – jefdiesel

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.0.html

Please have a read, and contribute ideas to this. Thanks

SN

Blockchain Technology.

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:28:11 AM

I'd say BECAUSE of the undefined qualities of NXT, the things that CfB hints about but are not yet reveled, That any one outside of the Dev Team is going to get themselves in more trouble than its worth on stage at a Q&A like this, and will only let the FUD spread.

People like answers to questions before they spend their money. better to not be involved than to be on stage saying "i dunno, i dunno"

I agree. Only C-f-B or BCNext could do this. NXT would come off badly in a beauty competition right now. Mastercoin, Ethereum and Bitshares would make NXT look badly organised, which would be unfair.

Publicity is always good, but dangerous when your rival is standing next to you with a coherent message & a credible messenger. NXT has neither.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:36:28 AM

It's unfortunate that there's no one in Nxt right now up for the challenge of appearing in Miami.

I agree though, that to be absent is better than to be present and keep repeating "I don't know. I don't know."

Let's Talk Bitcoin is hugely influential though, and this is a critical time when several 2nd gen crypto implementations are just coming on line. It will be a shame to have to pass on this opportunity.

I'd just like to say to anyone that could potentially fill this role...I have been listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin for a long time and I've never really heard them ask hard questions of their guests.

Even more questionable people like BFL Josh and the Mastercoin Willet guy get coddled...so if you're on the fence about going, you should probably do it and count on softball questions.
erik__

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:39:52 AM

I agree. Only C-f-B or BCNext could do this. NXT would come off badly in a beauty competition right now. Mastercoin and the others would make NXT look badly organised, which would be unfair.

I disagree.  Having someone there who understands the history, current main features along, and differences between the other coins would be helpful.  Just don't hype the future plans too much as who knows if they will turn out to be vaporware or not at this stage.  A little mystery about Nxt isn't bad, it's intriguing.
brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:43:27 AM

either way, it needs to be planned and prepped for, not just throw a guy on stage and letter' rip

SN

Blockchain Technology.

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:43:50 AM

I agree. Only C-f-B or BCNext could do this. NXT would come off badly in a beauty competition right now. Mastercoin and the others would make NXT look badly organised, which would be unfair.

I disagree.  It's better to have someone there who understands the history, current main features along, and differences between the other coins is helpful.  Just don't hype the future plans too much as who knows if they will turn out to be vaporware or not at this stage.  A little mystery about Nxt isn't bad, it's intriguing.

Nifty could do it. Just be prepared to say I don't know if facing too technical questions . Many loyal nxters could point out many next features and advantages compared to other alternatives. Nifty is one of them. Clearly better than no one there to present.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:47:03 AM

I disagree.  Having someone there who understands the history, current main features along, and differences between the other coins would be helpful.  Just don't hype the future plans too much as who knows if they will turn out to be vaporware or not at this stage.  A little mystery about Nxt isn't bad, it's intriguing.

Absolutely. Anybody can do this, just need to be prepeared. Cfb is here, he could help and answer questions if something is unclear. It's not an exam or something, we just need a person who understands the basics and can speak.

Did you see Bill Still speaking about QRK? All he was saying was: "I'm no expert here but it's growing! It's growing 300%, although I'm no expert. Again, I'm no expert here, but it's very secured and it's growing.". And it was enough. Everybody liked it. You'll be presenting Nxt to regular people, not tech geniuses.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:13:28 AM

I disagree.  It's better to have someone there who understands the history, current main features along, and differences between the other coins is helpful.  Just don't hype the future plans too much as who knows if they will turn out to be vaporware or not at this stage.  A little mystery about Nxt isn't bad, it's intriguing.

Nifty could do it. Just be prepared to say I don't know if facing too technical questions . Many loyal nxters could point out many next features and advantages compared to other alternatives. Nifty is one of them. Clearly better than no one there to present.

So if somebody goes they have to make it clear they aren't there to represent NXT, but just as an interested party who has followed NXT. All the others would have someone 'representing' , or a 'spokesperson'.

Just need to make it clear there is no NXT representative yet.

Satoshi paved the way for the mystery man creator, so maybe it's worth the risk.
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:14:38 AM

Nifty will do a lot of good at the event meeting all the players. Whatever press is there, we'll make sure he gets face time. As for the LTB interview, I'd recommend limiting it to someone from the development team. In London, the Peercoin team participated on a panel talking about the direction of alt currencies. We were able to get our guy prepped and life was good. If it was that discussion, I'd be in complete favor.  This is a different beast, I wouldn't even ask Nifty (who is a close friend of mine) to be put in a situation that's setting him up for failure.

If they were okay with the perspective of a community organizer, that's a completely different story... he would blow it out of the water. I've (JustaBit) worked with him since the early Feather days, he understands all the moving parts to build a community and develop swarms.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 06:19:13 AM

wonder if Mark Cuban would ever be interested in NXT...

two of his tweets.

One from TODAY
https://twitter.com/mcuban/statuses/426084456202387456
"On the Matter of Why Bitcoin Matters"

and one from last November 22nd.
https://twitter.com/mcuban/statuses/403916745900978176

"I don't want to invest in bitcoin.  If virtual currency becomes acceptable I want to invest in the soon to be invented competitors"

would having him invest be bad or good lol?

This is a serious Idea.....he would be a good ambassador

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:22:00 AM

Also consider this. If we have noone there, nxt related questions may rise anyway. And they can say something not so good about it. So we must have someone to speak up for Nxt.

PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:26:11 AM

Also consider this. If we have noone there, nxt related questions may rise anyway. And they can say something not so good about it. So we must have someone to speak up for Nxt.

That's another valid point. Whoever is talking to Adam about the event, I'd recommend explaining the situation. We have a network engineer heading down to Miami that handles some PR and organization efforts with Nxt. He's not a programmer but versed in the direction of the coin and has a pulse on the community involvement. Would that work for your panel?

I've met Adam and been on LTB for Feathercoin in the past. Great group of people, I know they just want the best interviews possible.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
Fern

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:26:35 AM

All it needs is someone that could outline the basic features, what stage NXT is currently at and what are the advantages over 1st Gen crypto. Just to get a logo up and a feature list for people to see would do wonders.

No need to try to answer questions about the unknown. The opening speech would explain this so there is little chance of tough questions.

It would just be an introduction to NXT.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:28:08 AM

Try Zorin OS.

im pretty much stuck with ubuntu.  only one ive found that supports drivers for my qualcom ar9565 wifi device. even the latest debian couldnt do it.  oh sure i could try to load a backport kernel but those come with godknows what other dependencies that Id have to resolve via another PC and copying files over from a usb stick

fuc*it

I am in the same situation. I use debian on my desktop, but my samsung series3 works perfect in terms of hardware drivers with ubuntu. I'll have to credit that. Unity is a pain in the ass, I use gnome classic, that is sort of ok, and if need be, it is always possible to gut the bastard and use fluxbox!
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 06:28:15 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 06:40:14 AM by landomata

Are any of you technical and articulate folks able to make it for Friday if funds are not an issue? This is such a huge opportunity, and I would love to see someone like Anon or JoeFox there. I bet we can pull together some funds to get one of you there if you're able to clear your schedule. I would gladly chip in a couple hundred $-worth of Nxt, and I think others definitely would as well.

I am technical and articulate and have been slowly sifting through source code to understand things better, BUT I don't feel like I could field questions from cryptographers or software engineers without imploding.  

MY VOTE would be for someone like wesley, ferment, opticalcarrier, rickyjames or ricot.

SKYPE CONNECTION....SOMEONE CAN SETUP A LIVE QA with CfB from the Panel???

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:48:53 AM

I am technical and articulate and have been slowly sifting through source code to understand things better, BUT I don't feel like I could field questions from cryptographers or software engineers without imploding.  I can talk about Nxt, and some of the challenges it faces, but the CfB-BCNext filter is a little too opaque to be useful for understanding the deep fundamentals (after only two months of this stuff, the exhaustion is overwhelming: "the source code is the whitepaper!", "community must decide", "Enigma!", "Tease!", "u are incorrect check thread for answers plz", "wait for third part of plan", "many riddles in the source if you look", etc.)

I'd say some nice things about Nxt, and then one guy would raise his hand and ask "can you explain the rationale behind basing a cryptocurrency on a mix of Curve25519, EC-KCDSA, and SHA-256 when no papers exist that assess the semantic security of that particular Diffie-Hellman key exchange algorithm, and it is has only traditionally been favoured for its calculation speeds?", and I would suddenly smell toast and collapse into an apoplectic heap, muttering "just ask Beyonce it all comes from Beyonce" and weeping.  THEN watch the price.

It's a real Catch-22.  Getting a chance to take part in a panel that would be included in the (always awesome and SO VALUABLE) Let's Talk Bitcoin podcast is *exquisite*, but the person to talk about the advent and future of metacoins is currently living in Belarus and busy until April.

Yes really need some specified technical paper for Nxt.

I have contacted an website in China to list Nxt on their maipage, and they request the detailed infor. I just provide the Nxt  wiki for reference.

With more and more promotion ,really need such a detailed introduction for Nxt both in general and profound tech.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
wakasaki808

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:49:32 AM

wonder if Mark Cuban would ever be interested in NXT...

two of his tweets.

One from TODAY
https://twitter.com/mcuban/statuses/426084456202387456
"On the Matter of Why Bitcoin Matters"

and one from last November 22nd.
https://twitter.com/mcuban/statuses/403916745900978176

"I don't want to invest in bitcoin.  If virtual currency becomes acceptable I want to invest in the soon to be invented competitors"

would having him invest be bad or good lol?

This is a serious Idea.....he would be a good ambassador

Yeah I agree. He could possibly be our Winklevoss? lol Tongue (is that a bad thing?? don't know what the general consensus on them is by bitcoiners)

For those who don't know Mark Cuban...the guy is more of a sports guy than anything(owner of US NBA team Dallas Mavericks). but he is a good businessman. I'm a fan of "Shark Tank" tv series...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cuban

If he invested in NXT likely his followers would become interested if not wonder what NXT is about.
getfun12345

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:51:30 AM

*** ANNOUNCEMENT - NXT Wallet published on Google-Play  ***
My app has been beta testing for about one month, i think it's time to publish it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nextcoin.nxtclient
Please give me a 5-star  Wink

Version 0.5.5 features:

Manage accounts
Create/Input several accounts.
Check balance.
Set each account a tag to easy to remember.
Show aliases registered by your account.
Details about transactions, and period options ( 7 days, 30 days and total ), classified by "In", "Out" and "Other".

Addresses book
You can store the destination accounts which your used frequently.
Import accounts to addresses book from your tracsactions history.
Each destination account has a tag too.

Alias assign/check
You can check a alias, see if it was registered by other people.
Assign a new alias or update the uri of your alias.

Arbitrary Messages
You can send messages to other and view all messages of your account.
Encrypted Message
Only the sender or recipient can decode the encrypted message.

QRCode
Real-time price
Nxt News
All transactions are encrypted in local.

Please try it and give me some feeback.
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,797.0.html
Pages: « 1 ... 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: