Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:42:46 AM

Give Mark a token Nxt account of 500 Nxt so that at least he can start forging and not have to buy from an Exchange....his time is limited..the guy is a billionaire and could cover Nxt whole marketcap if he wanted to.

so give him token wallet with 500 Nxt so that he can at least START FORGING.

EDIT:
prepare a link to NRS client & Solaris client...make an test account holding 500 NXT with a easy passphase you can send to him....let him start playing....make it as easy for him to begin....he doesn't have the time to figure stuff out but let him at least experience NXT.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fmiboy

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

Update ClieNXT

version 0.0.2, codename: Phoenix

Redesigned whole GUI, tried to simplify it as best as I could...

I think, we have to consider every human being will use Nxt one day and we need to start implementing reasonable easy and accessible software.
My hope is that very smart people on this forum help each other to build wonderful products...
An interesting article about the topic: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-accessible-visually-impaired/
Never done this before in any of my small projects, but I think with help you guys, possible we will implement accessibility in our GUIs

=========
Changelogs:
=========

* new layout/design (simplified new design)
Easy to adapt for Bitcoin and other altcoin users

* cross platform bug fixes
Support for Linux, Mac OSX, Windows

* simplified Send window
Send NXT and Arbitrary Message from one window (using Unlocked accounts)
1. for sending only message, fill "amount" 0
2. for sending NXT and attach Arbitrary Message by referencing same transaction to it
3. for sending only NXT, uncheck attach message checkbox

* Better account manager (account numbers offline)
Receive window with Unlocked accounts (have access to) and Watchlist accounts (curious about),
save table locally (only account numbers and latest balance)

* simple alias manager
get/assign/create alias

* home/overview window (market price, total available NXT across all owned accounts)
Total balances from all Unlocked accounts in NXT, BTC, USD.
Market price for latest NXT/BTC, NXT/USD (bter, bitstamp)

* bug fixes

==============
Current objectives
==============

* extend alias manager.
* add small features to all tables.
* AM currently supports only HEX, learn more about curve and implement in next update.
* Language supports (Portuguese - garcias, other volunteers are very much welcome)

please test it on your system, let me know if it works alright!

Some screenshots:

=============================
Usage:
=============================
1. download https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/downloads/clienxt_002.zip
2. extract anywhere you like
3. download latest NXT core software http://download.nxtcrypto.org
4. extract and place "nxt" folder inside "lib" folder of clienxt
5. double click on ClieNXT.jar

Software automatically connects to the server and you will see output on Console window, wait until blockchain catch up with nextwork if it did not already.
And enjoy using software...

Report Bugs/Issues/Features requests here: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/issues/new
Project is open source: https://bitbucket.org/fmiboy/clienxt/src
feel free to add/review features/code, it is completely safe to use...

any kind of support/suggestions are much appreciated... thanks for everyone, keep up the good work!
erik__

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:46:47 AM

Honestly though a full explanation and include the info graphic someone made here is all you need, I wouldn't give him a crappy client we are using at the moment or he might see it as not user friendly for the masses to invest or promote.

Our infographics are embarrassingly biased.  I wouldn't trust the credibility or judgement of anyone sending them to me.
Klonewars

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:46:59 AM

Guys,

Don't worry - the big difference I have seen between Nxt and the others is that:

i) It *doesn't* have VC capital backing.

ii) It *doesn't* have "slick sales guys*.

iii) It *does* have smart devs and an increasing following.

iv) It *is* delivering its promises (more or less) on time.

There will always be "the next* conference - stick to what you're doing well - people are watching this space with interest.

These are good points.  We are a grassroots movement with the aim of empowering people.

Grassroots my ass, Bitcoin is quoted in Forbes and Bloomberg and NXT wants and aspires to be alongside it. How much money have you got in your account, a few million worth or more, grassroots and empowering my ass. You can't be all underground on a forum with a million memembers and an account with a few millions dollars.....stupid.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:51:31 AM

Give Mark a token Nxt account of 500 Nxt so that at least he can start forging and not have to buy from an Exchange....his time is limited..the guy is a billionaire and could cover Nxt whole marketcap if he wanted to.

Or send him preconfigured solar powered cubie
I think he likes gizmos
He is pretty smart technically, as long as he is told we are in beta he will not expect everything to be perfect
He understands tech development
My guess is he thinks mining is a big waste of resources

Send cool solar powered nxt computer. That will have a lot more impacf than nxt acct, of course send him small amount so he doesnt have to buy it on xchg. But he needs to make acct first

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:54:58 AM

I think he likes gizmos
He is pretty smart technically, as long as he is told we are in beta he will not expect everything to be perfect

Send cool solar powered nxt computer. That will have a lot more impacf than nxt acct, of course send him small amount so he doesnt have to buy it on xchg. But he needs to make acct first

James

solar might be bit difficult but a preconfigured raspi cubie that would be cool....he just has to plug it in then unlock the account....it should be simple....he is still a very busy person and we don't want to frustrate him.

nxtgt

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:55:27 AM

Mark Cuban would not invest in NXT in its current state. I think those funds would be put to better use in development.

The goal behind contacting Mark is to inform him about NXT.  Hopefully once he knows about NXT, he will let others know about NXT.  This is no different than me or you telling our friends about NXT.  Mark just has broader exposure.  The goal is to empower individuals.

I give NXT to my friends all the time.  I'd be willing to give Mark some NXT as a friendly gesture.

If the goal is exposure then by all means, but people talking about sending him 100k+ NXT are being foolish. That's NXT that should be spent on development.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:56:44 AM

I think he likes gizmos

James

I think the term for this guy would be 'multiplicator'. Getting him on board may have great benefit, only the way how to do this is delicate.

A completely configured cubie with 500nxt would seem a very good idea to me.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:56:55 AM

Guys,

Don't worry - the big difference I have seen between Nxt and the others is that:

i) It *doesn't* have VC capital backing.

ii) It *doesn't* have "slick sales guys*.

iii) It *does* have smart devs and an increasing following.

iv) It *is* delivering its promises (more or less) on time.

There will always be "the next* conference - stick to what you're doing well - people are watching this space with interest.

These are good points.  We are a grassroots movement with the aim of empowering people.

Grassroots my ass, Bitcoin is quoted in Forbes and Bloomberg and NXT wants and aspires to be alongside it. How much money have you got in your account, a few million worth or more, grassroots and empowering my ass. You can't be all underground on a forum with a million memembers and an account with a few millions dollars.....stupid.

We are a grassroots movement.  I believe technology should empower people and that anyone should be able to participate regardless of their socio-economic status.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:00:01 AM

I think the term for this guy would be 'multiplicator'. Getting him on board may have great benefit, only the way how to do this is delicate.

A completely configured cubie with 500nxt would seem a very good idea to me.

with a easy passphase with instructions to make a new account and transfer the 500 nxt to his new account with 30+ characters that would be a fun exercise for him and wouldn't take more then 20 minutes...i'm sure he would enjoy the hands on experience also.

goodxp

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:00:50 AM

I got the same error twice today...fix it pls.

Who's running NRS 0.5.10? How does it perform for you so far?

Getting errors:

[2014-01-23 23:29:24.100] NRS 0.5.10 started successfully.
[2014-01-23 23:54:12.956] DEBUG: Failed to analyze hallmark for peer geodreieck.redirectme.net
java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
   at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:498)
   at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:355)
   at Nxt$Peer.analyzeHallmark(Nxt.java:3100)
   at Nxt$Peer.connect(Nxt.java:3268)
   at Nxt$2.run(Nxt.java:6084)
   at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
   at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

hmmmmm?
MarvellousMutant

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:12:41 AM

I like the idea of sending peconfigered promo-raspberrys to people Smiley
Its way better than just throwing money at somebody yelling "RESPECT ME!!!1"
bithic

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:35:30 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 02:46:15 AM by bithic

I wasn't so sold on the first draft of the letter to Mark Cuban. Here is an alternative:

Dear Mr. Cuban,

You tweeted in November that you want to invest in the next generation of cryptocurencies. We are the users and developers of a brand new cryptocurrency called "Nxt:: descendant of Bitcoin", and we think you should know about it. Nxt uses brand new software. It isn't a fork of Bitcoin's source code. Nxt is the first 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS) currency. This, together with some game-changing innovations built on top of it, gives it some major advantages, including:

- lightweight, highly scalable network, capable of eventually handling transaction volumes comparable to credit card networks
- planned support for near-instant, secure transactions, thanks to its "Transparent Forging"
- no risk of 51% attack
- the environmental issue of wasted electricity required to secure the network (and high mining expenses) is entirely resolved

Nxt is also leading the charge with many of the more commonly talked-about 2nd generation features, such as a decentralized asset exchange, "aliases", coloured coins, and more. Unlike other currencies with PoS mining, Nxt's PoS implementation does not cause monetary inflation. Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees, and, due to the energy-efficient nature of the network, these transaction fees can be sustainably kept to a minimum. The total amount of NXT in circulation is 1 billion. Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages and adds new features, some of which would be very difficult to implement on the Bitcoin network without a major re-write. For these reasons, along with our head-start in the "Nxt Generation" race, we think Nxt will distinguish itself in the coming months, and will eventually compete with Bitcoin itself.

We would like to give you a token 1000 NXT so you can participate in the Nxt big thing in cryptocurrency. We believe that if you are confident in the Nxt endeavor, others will follow your lead, thus furthering our goal of widespread adoption. Nxt is entirely community driven, is not backed by venture capital, and will always be decentralized in operation. Development is progressing very rapidly, thanks to its team of talented developers and fast-growing community.

You can read more about Nxt at NxtCrypto.org, wiki.NxtCrypto.org and forums.NxtCrypto.org.

You can download Nxt's software here (Link to NRS).

If you have questions please contact us at (contact).

Thank you,

The users and developers of the Nxt generation of cryptocurrency

bithic

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:37:27 AM

Please correct/suggest if anything I said is inaccurate.

Also, I noticed that the first draft always had two spaces after a period. That convention is old, one space is the standard now.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:37:34 AM

Nxt doesn't even have mature client software (correct me if I am wrong). Don't present a half finished product to a big guy like Mark.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
bithic

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:40:49 AM

Nxt doesn't even have mature client software (correct me if I am wrong). Don't present a half finished product to a big guy like Mark.

I agree. We should wait for a well-tested full-featured client before contacting him.
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 08:41:13 AM

I wasn't so sold on the first draft of the letter to Mark Cuban. Here is an alternative:

Mark,

You tweeted in November that you want to invest in the next generation of cryptocurencies. We are the users and developers of a brand new cryptocurrency called "Nxt:: descendant of Bitcoin", and we think you should know about it.  Nxt uses brand new software. It isn't a fork of Bitcoin's source code. Nxt is the first 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS) currency. This, together with some game-changing innovations built on top of it, gives it some major advantages, including:

- lightweight, highly scalable network, capable of eventually handling transaction volumes comparable to credit card networks
- planned support for near-instant, secure transactions, thanks to its "Transparent Forging"
- no risk of 51% attack
- the environmental issue of wasted electricity required to secure the network (and high mining expenses) is entirely resolved

Nxt is also leading the charge with many of the more commonly talked-about 2nd generation features, such as a decentralized asset exchange, "aliases", coloured coins, and more. Unlike other currencies with PoS mining, Nxt's PoS implementation does not cause monetary inflation. Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees, and, due to the energy-efficient nature of the network, these transaction fees can be sustainably kept to a minimum. The total amount of NXT in circulation is 1 billion. Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages and adds new features, some of which would be very difficult to implement on the Bitcoin network with a major re-write. For these reasons, along with our head-start in the "Nxt Generation" race, we think Nxt will distinguish itself in the coming months, and will eventually compete with Bitcoin itself.

We would like to give you a token 1000 NXT so you can participate in the Nxt big thing in cryptocurrency. It's our hope that once you have researched our community and technology, you will join the movement and help us spread the word about Nxt. Nxt is entirely community driven, is not backed by Venture Capital, and will always be decentralized in operation. Development is progressing very rapidly, thanks its team of talented developers and fast-growing community.

You can read more about Nxt at NxtCrypto.org, wiki.NxtCrypto.org and forums.NxtCrypto.org.

You can download Nxt's software here (Link to NRS).

If you have questions please contact us at (contact).

Thank you,

The users and developers of the Nxt generation of cryptocurrency

This is much better.  Thanks bithic.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:44:21 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 08:56:46 AM by punkrock

Someone here, how would be able to code a simple mass-sending client? One fix amount, sending to unlimited addresses - one recipient per line.

Code:
<form action="" method="post">
   <p>Amount: <input type="text" name="amount" /></p>
   <p>Fee: <input type="text" name="fee" /></p>
   <br>
   <p>Address:
   <textarea name="addresses" cols=40 rows=4></textarea></p>
   <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
<?php

if(isset($_POST['submit']) )
   {

$array preg_split ('/$\R?^/m'$_POST['addresses']);

$countaddress count($array);
      for(
$i=0;$i<$countaddress;$i++){

$array[$i] = preg_replace('/\s+/'''$array[$i]);

$jsonurl "http://localhost:7874/nxt?requestType=sendMoney&secretPhrase=SECRET&recipient=".$array[$i]."&amount=".$_POST['amount']."&fee=".$_POST['fee']."&deadline=1440";
$json file_get_contents($jsonurl);
var_dump(json_decode($json));
}
   }
?>

I did it in PHP if you want, have not tested... you have to change "SECRET" in the code with the sender passphrase  and localhost with your server maybe localhost idk

Before use it try it with maybe 2 recipient and send only 1 NXT

Someone here who could send me 6 or 10 NXT for tests?

bithic

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:44:28 AM

This is much better.  Thanks bithic.

Np! I'm happy to help with any kind of writing/promotional material as long as I have the time!
bithic

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

One edit. I think the letter should start "Dear Mr. Cuban," instead of simply "Mark", which might be too familiar. I've edited my original post
Pages: « 1 ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: