Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:55:22 PM

I have about 10 projects I'm working on in the user-created-asset space - If I were you guys, I would set up a long term, outcome oriented bounty program.  Here's what I suggested Invictus do with their 10% of their 5 million US dollar warchest to build the comunity

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3448.msg43334#msg43334

If you guys had something like that, it would be more compelling for people building projects to pick your platform and compete for the prize.  It also is in their best interest to start building as soon as possible because its a race that's already started.   There are a lot of options out there, if you create a predictable, rewarding environment for people to build on you'll be very attractive.

Hey adam. I really like that idea. We should put our commitees on that!

Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:59:20 PM

I have about 10 projects I'm working on in the user-created-asset space - If I were you guys, I would set up a long term, outcome oriented bounty program.  Here's what I suggested Invictus do with their 10% of their 5 million US dollar warchest to build the comunity

If you guys had something like that, it would be more compelling for people building projects to pick your platform and compete for the prize.  It also is in their best interest to start building as soon as possible because its a race that's already started.   There are a lot of options out there, if you create a predictable, rewarding environment for people to build on you'll be very attractive.

Maybe this could be post directly on the Nxt commitees board at the new forum:
http://107.170.117.237/index.php#c2

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:03:07 AM

would like to buy 15k nxt. Anybody?

It is easier to purchase from a exchange, cryptsy or bter.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

It makes a ton of sense to me, you guys have lots of funds right now but don't know how to spend them.  This lets you use them as medium and long term incentives, happy to answer questions if you guys need any ideas for how this should work.  adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:11:09 AM

Hi Adam! Nice to see you on here.

Have you tried out our new asset exchange and colored coins?

You can play on the testnet if you haven't already. Just click here: http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

The client is simple and intuitive. You can pick it up in 5 minutes.

We'll send you some test coins if you need them. Just post your account # here.
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:13:35 AM

Just so that msin has something to read on the toilet, here are EvilDaves thoughts for the day. (Well, my NXT-related thoughts, anyway):

Thank the great Cthulhu for this:
I'm setting one up now and if opticalcarrier agrees it can be the new forums.nxtcrypto.org:

http://107.170.117.237

Now, all we have to do is actually move our collective asses on over. I think we have out-grown using BTT for core NXT discussions. I know there are historical reasons to be here, but having our main discussion thread within the forum of another crypto-currency is a bit........crap, really.

We should also keep on using nextcoin.org, IMHO. Some members of the BTT crew won't agree with me but:  Graviton, DGEX, Cointropolis, Offspring, etc, are all important elements of the wider NXT community. More co-operation, less bitching. We can settle our differences in the Thunderdome after we get NXT to world domination:
We have no 100% thrust forum. nxtcrypto can go down anytime and nextcoin is too affiliated with graviton dgex. I am wrong

Yes, you're wrong. Nextcoin.org is working perfectly for any community group efforts that are being coordinated there, and there are a bunch. The initial badmouths have done good job in twisting the image of nextcoin.org - which IS a community forum despite me being the admin. The forum has an active moderation policy operated by community members. Distracting and harassing content is not tolerated, which is a positive aspect since it keeps progress very focused. Fortunately we have sailed smoothly with our 5100+ members since the few initial trolling inclinations were got rid of.

I encourage transfer of community efforts to nextcoin.org from this clumsy thread, and will soon have more good news that will technically kick up support of project management over there.
Offspring standalone crypto client v0.3.4e has been released

Main updates: Clickable blockchain explorer and Asset Exchange with current testnet features enabled.
http://offspring.dgex.com/
Need to find time to test Offspring, really.

Moving on to the rest of the crypto world:
guys we fell behind doge coin again on http://cryptmarketcap.com/ this can not stand. i dont care if nxt ever goes more than a penny higher than dogecoin just for christ sake don't let it fall behind that damned doge again.
I don't see a long-term future for Doge   Grin
i wish i could be so confident. i dont buy any doges as a matter of principal but im afraid that thing may have a great deal more staying power than it deserves.
Dont forget that Doge is only maintaining its position by frantically making as many little doggies as possible.
NXT is maintaining its value, more or less, while the price per individual doggy is falling fast....

As for the rest of crypto-world, I'm beginning to lose my faith in almost everything else out there. Auroracoin was bad enough, but Aphoditecoin ?  Shocked Rolls eyeballs.
Just spent the last couple of days selling everything sellable and moving it into NXT. (+some Blackcoin and Bitshares, for some reason)
I've kept a handful of emergency BTC, but I'm slowly losing faith there as well.

This post on prices and linkage to BTC needs to be re-posted:
Any theories on the recent price movements in Nxt? Both the downswing and the upswing of recent days show a striking independence from the price of Bitcoin, and it seems like Nxt and AUR are the only top-10 alts whose price movements have become a bit detached from BTC. (Litecoin's brief spike was clearly due to talk of a big Chinese exchange being about to add LTC). Are Nxt's recent movements due entirely to the whales unloading a big pile, then the pile eventually getting all bought up? Or is something else/more going on? Other factors seem to be the imminent release of the AE and the new development of Nxt mining. Thoughts?
I've posted this before....

Quote from: Chanc3r
I think BTC will soon register as a cause of global warming the way its is soaking up the worlds energy supply for something that is a mathematical fiction and simply not needed.
Most crypto enthusiasts are sitting on mining H/W of some form and therefore tend to be enthusiastic about new coins they can rape mine with the H/W they can't use on other coins anymore.. hence the lack of
Putting aside distribution issues PoS seems to be more about technology, innovation and driving value through use - which is a lot harder but much healthier in the long term for everyone involved.

The dip - some FUD but more importantly NXT stakeholders improving distribution by selling....
The rise - My personal view I think NXT is breaking through in technology and innovation while others are just talking about it.... The first two of these are evident in this thread, the 3rd one, driving use, is harder but I'm sure as some of the innovations which are very close are delivered then we will see this happen.
EDIT: I think its this community that helps drive our independence from the bitcoin world...

Talking of community, it's time for some Elmo action:

nxt gives meaning to the term dumpcoin Cheesy the only coin where they dump without pump
maybe you should consider name change  Grin

Bravo, keep posting!
I sometimes think I want some of Elmos drugs.....

A very quick "welcome" to a new assimilation victim....we are the Borg, indeed.
So now that the "fatal flaw" has been discovered I think it is time that we realised that we really need to "pull together" or risk losing to a "clone".
I fear we're going to start seeing the "C" word a lot now. And not in a good competitive way. More like a "have a look at the craptacular list on coinmarketcap" kind of way.

If I am not mistaken... injected fatal flaw != Nxt clone trap...  right C-f-B?     Undecided

No, that was one of the traps for lazy cloners.

Thank you very much for the bounty.
The last time I came up with those two flaws (i think I came up with them here in the thread) I got laughed at and so I forgot about it.
Now I, just for the sake of it, posted them in the bounty thread and one of them was the 100,000 NXT hit  Grin

Thank you very much for the fast payout. Now that I own this many NXT (which I will of course hold) I would like to contribute my part to the project. I have still doubts about the account mining issue ;-) I have made a small reference implementation (which I would never make public except give it to the devs) which is capable of doing 10 Megahashes (or Megaaccounts) per second on a simple CPU. At some point in the future, this might be an issue.

Nice one, Evel-K, your distinctiveness has been added to our own.

Last couple of serious points:

Fees. Once the new code is in place to go under the 1NXT barrier, fees can be reset easily. We voted a couple of weeks ago to go to 0.1 NXT and I feel that that is what we should do for the short term. Take little steps with big changes, don't jump to 0.01 just yet.

Asset Exchange.
Why are blacklists never a way to go? You'd rather let the known, proven scammer stay in the asset exchange?

Because blacklists (and whitelists) will inevitably be politicized.
Trust is one of the most "difficult problems to solve" (as Mike Hearn if you don't believe me) and instead we seem to just "throw up ideas" and think we have a "good solution".
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

And, though I still bear a grudge for being called Hillary Clinton,
I'm +1 with IveBeenBit here, allow all trade pairs, not just x/NXT and NXT/x
What would guarantee its universal acceptance? If trading anything on the network for USD's is allowed the only guarantee is that NXT will be the currency that fees are charged in. I think this would only serve to make the NXT currency less accepted and less in demand. I agree that NXT should have to compete for dominance, but as a platform on a whole; and the base currency of that platform should not be undermined by allowing other currencies that level of influence within the platform.

For all the posting you are doing on this topic, you show no signs of having considered the mathematical reality of what happens when $500 million of business flows into the Nxt system, and they are forced to use only Nxt to settle their trades.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5815603#msg5815603

Furthermore, you fail to acknowledge that if a European wants to trade Euros for a commodity or an equity, he will favor the platform that allows him to denominate his trade in Euros. A Nxt fork will emerge that allows that, and we'll all be sitting here as kings of an abandoned currency.
We can't set up a means of universal exchange, then expect the world to convert their assets into NXT and back again. Just won't work, IMHO. Don't forget that fees will still be in NXT, no matter what is traded.

Phew, that was a long one (as my g/f likes to say).

Last random idea:
Block 100,000 is coming up fast.....any ideas for a celebration?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:15:08 AM

Maybe this could be post directly on the Nxt commitees board at the new forum:
http://107.170.117.237/index.php#c2

Done.
EvilDave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

It makes a ton of sense to me, you guys have lots of funds right now but don't know how to spend them.  This lets you use them as medium and long term incentives, happy to answer questions if you guys need any ideas for how this should work.  adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

+1. We have 3 committees in place, for Marketing, Technical Developmant and Infrastructure. the original remit of all 3 was to simply react to plans proposed by the community, but I think that the committees could take a more active role by setting bounties for specific projects.

If I ever stop posting here, I'll be putting up a bounty announcement shortly for papers on NXT security and attack vectors, in my role as InfCom spokesbeast:
 https://bitbucket.org/nxtinfrastructure/committee/issue/36/attacks-countermeasures

@sebastien: Technical committee should be Technical Development, and I would prefer if u removed the word "proposals" from all 3 forum section titles.

Sebastien256

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:35:08 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 12:46:25 AM by Sebastien256

@sebastien: Technical committee should be Technical Development, and I would prefer if u removed the word "proposals" from all 3 forum section titles.

@EvilDave
There is an error in your post, I did not made the forum, it is wesley, the quote is not good. Damelon is an admin too. However, I have post my concern about missing a forum and wesley seem to have take very nice serious action by creating the forum shortly after. That explain why my name get on your post (I was quote by wesley). You might want to edit your previous post. I therefore cannot edit the board name on the new forum.

I am very happy with the creation of the new forum. Or course that will speed up the development of Nxt. I'll try to push people to use it when I see the opportunity.

EDIT: by the way new forum just hit 100 Posts in 43 Topics by 46 Members in less than half a day.

Sebastien256

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:44:29 AM

Hmmm. I just accidentally sent 25k Nxt to this account: 760220816713461210

Stupid bter remembers the last account you sent to and I forgot to paste in the new account. Anyone know who this account belongs to? I can't recall what I used it for.

Just FYI, that payment was supposed to be a "thank you" payment/donation to a valued community member, so it would be much appreciated if the account holder would come forward and PM me so the payment can be directed to the intended recipient.

not cool. hope you get it back.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:46:59 AM

Hmmm. I just accidentally sent 25k Nxt to this account: 760220816713461210

Stupid bter remembers the last account you sent to and I forgot to paste in the new account. Anyone know who this account belongs to? I can't recall what I used it for.

Just FYI, that payment was supposed to be a "thank you" payment/donation to a valued community member, so it would be much appreciated if the account holder would come forward and PM me so the payment can be directed to the intended recipient.

contact nexern, it is his account:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg3898587#msg3898587

EvilDave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:54:52 AM

@EvilDave
There is an error in your post, I did not made the forum, it is wesley, the quote is not good. Damelon is an admin too. However, I have post my concern about missing a forum and wesley seem to have take very nice serious action by creating the forum shortly after. That explain why my name get on your post (I was quote by wesley). You might want to edit your previous post. I therefore cannot edit the board name on the new forum.

I am very happy with the creation of the new forum. Or course that will speed up the development of Nxt. I'll try to push people to use it when I see the opportunity.

@Damelon; all of the above, please.

@sebastien...ooops. Roll Eyes
Have to give my props to wesleyh, then. Anyhow: keep up the good work with the forum promotion.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:57:11 AM

no, non-unique names is a trolling thing, that make as go in yet another circle - as perfectly shown by wesleyh.  Bravo, wesleyh!

I only have 1 forum member on ignore - I think that might be about to increase to 2.

please dont, he may make other bad ideas we need to argue against.  As having unique names WILL make it easier for scammers to scam, Its quite obvious that anyone wanting unique asset names must only want ability to squat them if they are willing to force the unique issue tht will let so many users get scammed.

When users see multiple asset names for "Microsoft" they will naturally be inclined to do their due diligence.  If you wanna-be-squatters get your way with unique asset names, then some scammer who is squatting "Microsoft" is more easily able to scam people out of ther NXT.

So you people arguing for unique asset names, or any kind of unique ID/tag/etc for assets are, for all intents and purpose, for all I am concerned, are considered not only squatters but also SCAMMERS

I do believe we should allow alisases to expire.  Consider that AM's will be purged periodcally, as a spam prevention.  Well, RIGHT NOW, its better to spam blockchain with alias reassignment, and this is PERMANENT.  So not only will alias expiration more ably counter spam, but it allows reuse if owner dies with no plan for continued usage of alias.  Of course, we should allow a time period for owner to be able to renew before others can grab it.

And whenever DNS comes around, those records should expire as well, as well as with the ability of the owner to renew before any one else, if the owner is still alive.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:58:23 AM

Changed Smiley
If you can get me a short description of the activities of the IC (and maybe even TechDev) I'll put it there, too.
Just the names is not enough, imo.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

I do believe we should allow alisases to expire.  Consider that AM's will be purged periodcally, as a spam prevention.  Well, RIGHT NOW, its better to spam blockchain with alias reassignment, and this is PERMANENT.  So not only will alias expiration more ably counter spam, but it allows reuse if owner dies with no plan for continued usage of alias.  Of course, we should allow a time period for owner to be able to renew before others can grab it.

And whenever DNS comes around, those records should expire as well, as well as with the ability of the owner to renew before any one else, if the owner is still alive.

Even though I own a LOT of aliases (spent some exciting nights back in December searching and registering them  Grin) I see the wisdom in this and would not mind at all.
Just registering and then being able to "sit" on them indefinitely is not good business practice and would put a lot of people/businesses off.

If only for the fact that I may go away of die of even lose the passphrase to an alias owning account, this is wisdom, or even common sense.  Smiley

A "renewal window" would be good though. I wouldn't want to sit behind the screen and do this feverish run again.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
EvilDave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

I just got ....nothing.

Someone just took the trouble to send me absolutely no NXT.....I'm confused.

zondag 23 maart 2014 1:39:33      1750394380814123791      0 NXT payment   1 NXT Fee      4 conf   

Thanks, anyway, but WTF?

opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:06:31 AM

Nxt is in dared need of a 100% trust forum. Im wondering how long it will take until we get one. I believe community fund should fund a forum to get thing structure a bit. It good to be decentralized, but not desorganized.

I'm setting one up now and if opticalcarrier agrees it can be the new forums.nxtcrypto.org:

http://107.170.117.237

Can we get an SSL cert for it?  They are actually very cheap, I believe even free for a single server cert wwith startSSL.  If you order it with nxtcrypto.org domain then I will do the email part when it comes in.

But I wish I could get a domain-wide wildcard cert donated from infrastructure committee.  But they refused the request. So, JLP/CFB, please tell me your opinion on these light clients with client side signing, when they connect to VPSs, are SSL connections needed?  If so I will just disable SSL on all my VPSs and we can just forget about SSL altogether.

Except for forums  And also I wish we could get one for wiki, but the infrastructure commitee deems it unnecessary there as well.
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:08:34 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 09:00:23 AM by igmaca

http://themisescircle.org/blog/2014/03/14/the-coming-demise-of-the-altcoins/

The market cap of a currency should be seen as roughly proportional, all things being equal, to a currency’s liquidity, which refers to the value that can be bought or sold without significantly altering the price

A more liquid currency has an advantage over a less liquid one because it can support more trade. Furthermore, liquidity in a currency is self-reinforcing. The more that people buy a currency, the more liquid it becomes. This naturally tends to promote the success of a single currency over all the rest.

Bitcoin and the dollar have very different properties, so it is possible to explain Bitcoin’s success in competition with the dollar despite the network effect of the dollar in light of those different properties

Altcoins are not viable because they cannot reproduce that which gives Bitcoin an overwhelming competitive edge: its market cap. It is unethical to create an altcoin with the purpose of making money off of it for this reason

makes sense what he say.

A possible strategy for Nxt

"The Bear Hug. Nxt Decentralized Exchange"

Encourage the maximum utilization of the "Nxt Decentralized Exchange" for Bitcoin Trade
Encourage the lower fees to the market. Nxt is Green. competitive advantage is this
Use always Nxt coins to pay fees in  "Nxt Decentralized Exchange"
EvilDave

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:08:41 AM

Changed Smiley
If you can get me a short description of the activities of the IC (and maybe even TechDev) I'll put it there, too.
Just the names is not enough, imo.

Thanks, makker.
Yep, I'll post an InfCom mission statement in a while, want to get a bounty announcement ready to go as well, so that's first.
Well, coffee is first, then I'll put the bounty ann. together, then post it and an introducton, so u can leave it in my capable paws.

Whay aren't u in bed, btw?

opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:10:35 AM

since we are doing non-unique names we may as well lower the price of issuing an asset down to the same price as any other transaction. (0.1nxt as it stand now i think right)

can anyone think of a good reason not to?

I suggested this earlier no one responded.  I definitely think it should go down to 1, or to .1, if fractional NXT comes before AE.
Pages: « 1 ... 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 [2371] 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: