Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
babaji.ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

I'm running 1 cube on a Corsair 800 GS. Does this PSU have some kind of low power mode that prevents the cube from running at high clock speed?

I am running 2 cubes on high on a gs800 , works ok, you may have a low-only cube
rubato

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:31:24 PM

This is really strange. I set up a new cube last night and it seemed to be running fine for about an hour, but by the time I was preparing to go to bed it had dropped to a flat 0. It seems to function in short bursts getting to ~600MH/s but always flatlines after a few seconds. I was hoping it was a problem with Slush's pool and not on my end but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Here's a shot of the configuration:

(It shows 10GH/s but within a minute of taking the screenshot it dropped back to 0)
https://i.imgur.com/zoxRg0P.png

Any advice? I tried restarting everything, including the router and my PC, but the problem persists.
ksami

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

This is really strange. I set up a new cube last night and it seemed to be running fine for about an hour, but by the time I was preparing to go to bed it had dropped to a flat 0. It seems to function in short bursts getting to ~600MH/s but always flatlines after a few seconds. I was hoping it was a problem with Slush's pool and not on my end but it doesn't look like that's the case.

(It shows 10GH/s but within a minute of taking the screenshot it dropped back to 0)
https://i.imgur.com/zoxRg0P.png

Any advice? I tried restarting everything, including the router and my PC, but the problem persists.

You have a network issue, try to shutdown all your wifi devices, weird thing I know...
rubato

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

*snip*

You have a network issue, try to shutdown all your wifi devices, weird thing I know...

That did sound weird, but I did what you said and it seems to be working again! It's back up to a steady ~30GH/s. Is there any setting in particular I could change to have both wireless and the cube running? It's not a huge issue though since I never use the WiFi myself; it's just for guests.

P.S. THANK YOU!
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:31:57 PM

I haven't seen anyone able to use 20a power supply (but I may be wrong) to run a cube even on low.  Maybe 25a, but you might not be able to run high speed clock. (That is why they have 30a fuses for protection at full clock).  Even the OP (Doggie) in the first topic is suggesting 66a for two cubes.  From my experience a 30a 750w PS was not even adequate to run one on low, but I am sure different power supplies perform better than others.

Someone earlier in this thread stated that he was running a cube on high off a single 25a 12V rail...

I did not have any success with that, but it's humming beautifully along.  Wish he had a friend running with him though.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:34:41 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040

Runs 2 cubes on high. It has been running for about a month now.
ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:18:22 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 01:36:21 AM by ak49er

Just wanted to add my thanks for this guide and experience so far.  I purchased a Thermaltake 550W supply for my single cube.  (Single 12V rail, 45A).  Ran in to the problem where the inrush current would trip the PSU, so added a couple of 2200uF capacitors to the 12V rail as suggested.  I simply stuck them in two of the 4 pin hard drive connectors and it seems to work just fine.  The only thing that tripped me up initially was that I only put in my username/password once, instead of twice to match the number of pool IPs.  Once I had figured that out it was off to the races!  I let it run on Low clock for a while until I was happy it seemed stable, and now it's running happily on High clock at 37.5GH/s.

Update:  I shut it down to move it to a more permanent location.  Started it back up and just got clicking relays as reported by other users and no shares accepted.  I switched to Low clock and it started accepting shares immediately.  I then switched back to High clock and it's running fine again.

sundsta

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:23:30 AM

Thanks a bunch, this helped get my cube mining in under 10 minutes Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:04:13 AM

This is an excellent guide thanks.
I am looking at getting one of the cubes in the next couple days.
I have this PSU should be able to run one cube right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

I'm going to set it up to use BFGminer on my BTCGuild account first I'm hoping that setup will go smooth.

Apteryx

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

My take is that that power supply is right on the bottom edge of acceptable, if over clocked it will be running at 100% capacity on one 12v rail.

If you already have it, I would try it, if not, I would spend the few extra dollars and get a bigger one.
Bitweasil

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:24:49 PM

I've been quite happy with the Lepa G1200 (and, presumably, the G1600) for powering my cubes.  The G1200 runs 3 with no trouble at all, no issues with startup surge, and I'm quite confident it would run another one or two cubes as well.  They're expensive PSUs, but JonnyGuru approved, and quite efficient (peaking over 90% efficiency at about a half load, which is part of why I have such a large one).

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:57:28 PM

I do already have one.  I will keep this in mind when I try it then.
Thanks for the help.

My take is that that power supply is right on the bottom edge of acceptable, if over clocked it will be running at 100% capacity on one 12v rail.

If you already have it, I would try it, if not, I would spend the few extra dollars and get a bigger one.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:58:30 PM

Good to know I will check that one out too.
Thanks.

I've been quite happy with the Lepa G1200 (and, presumably, the G1600) for powering my cubes.  The G1200 runs 3 with no trouble at all, no issues with startup surge, and I'm quite confident it would run another one or two cubes as well.  They're expensive PSUs, but JonnyGuru approved, and quite efficient (peaking over 90% efficiency at about a half load, which is part of why I have such a large one).

Xwolf

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:34:51 AM

Ok, got my Cube up and running.

Wasn't terribly tough but I gotta ask, as I haven't found anyone really talking much about it.  Or my Google Kungfu is not strong this late at night...

I'm using the Slush Mining_Proxy.exe, and everything seems to be going ok I guess but it is processing a metric crap ton of data ever second Smiley

Here's a screen cable of about 3 seconds.
http://imageshack.com/photo/my-images/850/rn6q.jpg/

I see tons of those warnings, are those fixable?

Do I need to worry about those?

The cube on High is reporting on average 38Gh/s with just the stock cooling, no mods or additional fans yet. 

My Account over at EclipseMC is also reporting similar speeds.

Just trying to make sure that what I'm seeing is relatively normal.

Thanks all

Wolf
Apteryx

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:21:51 PM

I'm using the Slush Mining_Proxy.exe, and everything seems to be going ok I guess but it is processing a metric crap ton of data ever second Smiley

use the -q option to "fix" those errors Smiley
Donkezz

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:33:53 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 01:51:02 PM by Donkezz

Hi miners. I have this problem.

My cube run good when i am in work. When i am not at home.

When come home parrents and me and turn on computers or TV or i dont know what cube stop hashing and start next day on morning.

I dont know where is problem. Can any pc or TV with lan interrupt my cube?

Please if have anybody any solution send me any settings for cube.
Here or on email donkezz@gmail.com

Maybe set two different subnets? All devices in first subnet and notebook with proxy and cube to second subnet ?

I try setup different dns, web port, IPs i dont know how can i fix it.

Here is when is hashing very slow.
https://i.imgur.com/R0rr5Wu.jpg

Here is when hashing good.
https://i.imgur.com/DvnZkbH.jpg

I try it setup about 20 days but not working 24 hours nonstop. Max 10-12 hours.

Thanks
Shaker242

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

When come home parrents and me and turn on computers or TV or i dont know what cube stop hashing and start next day on morning.

Maybe set two different subnets? All devices in first subnet and notebook with proxy and cube to second subnet ?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible that you cannot draw enough power on the circuit you have the cube's power supply plugged into if you have a lot of other equipment (tv's, computers, etc) all plugged into the same power cable.  I'm not sure where you are physically located (globally), but in the US we usually have no more that 12 plugs (6 outlets) on a single circuit.  If this is the case, you should try moving your cube to another room, one that perhaps doesn't have anything else in it... maybe an unused bedroom, or little used basement area. 
Donkezz

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:16:03 PM

Thanks

Yes, it is possible that you cannot draw enough power on the circuit you have the cube's power supply plugged into if you have a lot of other equipment (tv's, computers, etc) all plugged into the same power cable.  I'm not sure where you are physically located (globally), but in the US we usually have no more that 12 plugs (6 outlets) on a single circuit.  If this is the case, you should try moving your cube to another room, one that perhaps doesn't have anything else in it... maybe an unused bedroom, or little used basement area. 

Hmm i can try but i have it in the roome where is only one notebook with proxy one cube and one fridge (icebox).
Problem is in the power or can be in the lan subnet ?. If only power circuit i try it change.

Thanks
Shaker242

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:51:43 PM

Thanks

Hmm i can try but i have it in the roome where is only one notebook with proxy one cube and one fridge (icebox).
Problem is in the power or can be in the lan subnet ?. If only power circuit i try it change.

Thanks

The only reason your LAN would affect it is if you have miss IP'ed something so that the cube shares an IP with one of your computers.  You could verify that each device has an IP address separate from the others on your network; this is one reason I wish the cubes would use DHCP.  I digress, just make sure each device has it's own unique IP on your LAN and you should be fine there...  One way to ensure this is to have your router's DHCP server issue IP addresses in a known range; say... 192.168.1.10 ~ 192.168.1.50, and then set your cube IP addresses manually to 192.168.1.101, 102, ... etc.  Then when computers or devices fetch a DCHP address, they'll automatically be assigned within your range (10 ~ 50) and would never interfere with the cubes.

Just a thought.

twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:24:38 PM

This sounds like the same old network sensitivity.  If any of your activities while at home use the net, that would clinch it for me.

Depending on how you do your TV (streaming over IP, netflix, etc), and what else your other computers might be doing on the net, or even a flaky router.  As I've said in this thread lots of times, these things are VERY sensitive to network environment.  I had one router that worked fine for computers, streaming video, games, being an access point, etc, but it turned out to be the culprit.  Once it was off the net, everything was fine again.  For some folks, it's been an android cellphone on their network - that might be the first thing to take off your net - you might turn off your QoS in your wireless routers, which worked for some, but not me.

Next time you're home, you should be there like a fly on the wall at first, then do only one extra thing at a time and see what triggers it.  If you don't want to do that, then just take everything else off your network and slowly add things back in until you find the culprit.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: