Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:59:13 PM

Hello,

I've been reading this: " https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option " over and over again and I just don't understand the part 5. ... So to begin with, I had a PoW wallet ENCRYPTED on my PC#1 so I downloaded a new PoW wallet without encryption to my PC#2 and sent all my Nobles from my PC#1 to my new wallet on my PC#2 which is not encrypted and everything went fine. Then I back-upped my wallet.dat from the PC#2 PoW wallet and copied that wallet.dat to my PoS wallet roaming folder.

But what I need to do next? Where do I put that "-salvagewallet" command? I tried to start my PoS wallet just by clicking the PoS noblecoin-qt and the program just crashed like I thought and then I added the -salvagewallet command after the noblecoin-qt.exe like this "noblecoin-qt -salvagewallet" and started it but it gave me an error report and crashed.

So where do I put that -salvagewallet command or is there somewhere some salvagewallet.exe which I need to run? Thanks.

The important question is have you sent the money before the switch? IF afterwards it does not matter and money is still in encrypted wallet. Documentation was written before the switch and presented option of transferring money to unencrypted wallet. But now this option does not exist anymore. I have updated docs to present current options.

So in this situation, our coins are lost?  My old wallet was encrypted, i sent the coins to unencrypted wallet, and then used the -salvage function..things worked fine, except my coin balance is 0 instead of what it should be.  So I think what you just said indicates that for us with previously encrypted wallets, who haven't moved the coins BEFORE now have in effect lost them.  Correct?   Thank you in advance for this clarification.

Coins are still controlled by encrypted wallet. Because we did swap by ourselves there is no time limit. So do not worry. Just make sure to keep backup of encrypted wallet somewhere.

Please continue with manual method https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

Okay, I sent my coins back from my new unencrypted PoW wallet to the original encrypted PoW wallet (which contained all my coins BEFORE the switch) and tried to dumpprivkey [address] just like in the manual. Now I get error message: {"code":-4,"message":"Private key for address "my_address" is not known"}

Just what the feck is going on, how can this be so hard. What should I do next?

Yes, I think the instructions on the github are valid IF and ONLY IF the original POW wallet was NOT encrypted.  Once we followed the instructions to send the POW coins to a new unencrypted wallet, I think the coins got hung in limbo and we are screwed.

Really hope that you are wrong...

Fortunately this is incorrect. Money is still controlled by private key which is in the encrypted wallet. So whatever you do just make sure to keep its backup somewhere.

Longer explanation:

1. Switch (migration of coins from old to new blockchain) happened at block #534500 at old blockchain
2. All addresses and all balances at this exact moment were copied over new blockchain
3. After this moment any changes (transactions, mining etc) on old blockchain does not matter.
4. In your specific case transferring coins after the switch just makes this all more confusing. What is important is private key from your PoW wallet which controls an address where coins were stored at the time of switch

Things to do:

1. I have added 'Slightly modified manual procedure' to docs. Please follow it https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys
2. Could you paste here or PM me with original address where your coins were stored?

I tried the modified manual procedure and it gave me all the addresses where I've received coins in the past (exchanges and mining pools). But all of them indicated 0.0000 received, except my own wallet address which showed all the transactions combined together (since I sent my whole balance to new wallet and then sent it back after the switch). And when I tried to dumpprivkey all the addresses, every address gave me the same error report. My original POW wallet with all the coins is 9ePBC3gkAEWqcHUyLidDJtsdt98targJEw

So at this point I'm 100% sure what is going on. I understand what I should have done and I understand what I did wrong.

edit. And I understand that the POW private key from the original POW wallet which contained all my coins before the switch is the most important thing now, which might be unable to reveal after all this mess.

Questions:

1. Have you unlocked your wallet before trying to dump priv key?
2. It is also possible your encrypted wallet get corrupted somehow in effect of efforts to get priv keys. Please copy (not move!) it from backup location and try again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eagleflies

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:02:34 PM

Any one can help me please.
I send my nobles coin to poloniex.
Just at this time they change wallet to upgrade coin mode.

Date: 05/03/2015 19:18
To: Poloniex 9WxW4Rsrp3h2YvXo7x6azCWCsVNTXcgWFX
Debit: -4956387.60059992 NOBLE
Net amount: -4956387.60059992 NOBLE
Transaction ID: cea6f3d34eb3d8c17ef45d729b7999e7e662c9612902006fdf46f131452602c5

Poloniex says I HAVENT COINS

Where are?

You need to check block explorer to see what happened.

1. PoS block explorer
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/address.dws?9WxW4Rsrp3h2YvXo7x6azCWCsVNTXcgWFX.htm

There are two transactions at this address. Incoming and outgoing. Now it is empty

2. PoW block explorer - important to check address balance before time of switch
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/noblold/address.dws?9WxW4Rsrp3h2YvXo7x6azCWCsVNTXcgWFX.htm

Balance before time of switch (block #534500): 24,180,000.0 NOBLOLD

There is one incoming transaction after switch but it does not matter since switch happened already. Person/company who sent you 5 mil in this transaction controls private key associated with it.

I've noticed something similar.

The pending deposit was the last payment I received from the pool I was mining NOBL. The switch happened as this deposit had around 90 of 120 confirmations (was stated in the overview). A few hours later it changed to the view like you can see on the screenshot. What do I need to do in order to get those pending coins?

So you have not received those coins before the switch? Could you enter your address into old block explorer and check if/when it shows this last amount for your address?
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:58:50 PM

Hello,

I've been reading this: " https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option " over and over again and I just don't understand the part 5. ... So to begin with, I had a PoW wallet ENCRYPTED on my PC#1 so I downloaded a new PoW wallet without encryption to my PC#2 and sent all my Nobles from my PC#1 to my new wallet on my PC#2 which is not encrypted and everything went fine. Then I back-upped my wallet.dat from the PC#2 PoW wallet and copied that wallet.dat to my PoS wallet roaming folder.

But what I need to do next? Where do I put that "-salvagewallet" command? I tried to start my PoS wallet just by clicking the PoS noblecoin-qt and the program just crashed like I thought and then I added the -salvagewallet command after the noblecoin-qt.exe like this "noblecoin-qt -salvagewallet" and started it but it gave me an error report and crashed.

So where do I put that -salvagewallet command or is there somewhere some salvagewallet.exe which I need to run? Thanks.

The important question is have you sent the money before the switch? IF afterwards it does not matter and money is still in encrypted wallet. Documentation was written before the switch and presented option of transferring money to unencrypted wallet. But now this option does not exist anymore. I have updated docs to present current options.

So in this situation, our coins are lost?  My old wallet was encrypted, i sent the coins to unencrypted wallet, and then used the -salvage function..things worked fine, except my coin balance is 0 instead of what it should be.  So I think what you just said indicates that for us with previously encrypted wallets, who haven't moved the coins BEFORE now have in effect lost them.  Correct?   Thank you in advance for this clarification.

Coins are still controlled by encrypted wallet. Because we did swap by ourselves there is no time limit. So do not worry. Just make sure to keep backup of encrypted wallet somewhere.

Please continue with manual method https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

Okay, I sent my coins back from my new unencrypted PoW wallet to the original encrypted PoW wallet (which contained all my coins BEFORE the switch) and tried to dumpprivkey [address] just like in the manual. Now I get error message: {"code":-4,"message":"Private key for address "my_address" is not known"}

Yes, I think the instructions on the github are valid IF and ONLY IF the original POW wallet was NOT encrypted.  Once we followed the instructions to send the POW coins to a new unencrypted wallet, I think the coins got hung in limbo and we are screwed.

Fortunately this is incorrect. Money is still controlled by private key which is in the encrypted wallet. So whatever you do just make sure to keep its backup somewhere.

Longer explanation:

1. Switch (migration of coins from old to new blockchain) happened at block #534500 at old blockchain
2. All addresses and all balances at this exact moment were copied over new blockchain
3. After this moment any changes (transactions, mining etc) on old blockchain does not matter.
4. In your specific case transferring coins after the switch just makes this all more confusing. What is important is private key from your PoW wallet which controls an address where coins were stored at the time of switch

Things to do:

1. I have added 'Slightly modified manual procedure' to docs. Please follow it https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys
2. Could you paste here or PM me with original address where your coins were stored?

I tried the modified manual procedure and it gave me all the addresses where I've received coins in the past (exchanges and mining pools). But all of them indicated 0.0000 received, except my own wallet address which showed all the transactions combined together (since I sent my whole balance to new wallet and then sent it back after the switch). And when I tried to dumpprivkey all the addresses, every address gave me the same error report. My original POW wallet with all the coins is 9ePBC3gkAEWqcHUyLidDJtsdt98targJEw

So at this point I'm 100% sure what is going on. I understand what I should have done and I understand what I did wrong.

edit. And I understand that the POW private key from the original POW wallet which contained all my coins before the switch is the most important thing now, which might be unable to reveal after all this mess.

Questions:

2. It is also possible your encrypted wallet get corrupted somehow in effect of efforts to get priv keys. Please copy (not move!) it from backup location and try again

Doesn't the un-encrypting require complete new wallet? I thought you can only change the password.

Noblecoin
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:51:58 PM

C-CEX.com @CryptoCurrEncyX
VNL and new NOBL wallets has issues and require it's devs job. We will activate them and serve all tickets of them once it will be fixed

eagleflies

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:50:08 PM

Hello,

Longer explanation:

Things to do:

Questions:

Doesn't the un-encrypting require complete new wallet? I thought you can only change the password.

Mind you, we are discussion 'unlocking' not 'unencrypting'. Please check three last methods from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

You need to unlock your wallet using 'walletpassphrase' method and only then you will be able to dump private keys belonging to your addresses.

An example on my old wallet:

Code:
./noblecoind listreceivedbyaddress 1 true
[
    {
        "address" : "9Zi27cKsoKNFNc1QqTtQeNrLYjLSKH9Gto",
        "account" : "",
        "amount" : 0.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 0
    }
]

./noblecoind dumpprivkey 9Zi27cKsoKNFNc1QqTtQeNrLYjLSKH9Gto
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Private key for address 9Zi27cKsoKNFNc1QqTtQeNrLYjLSKH9Gto is not known"}

./noblecoind walletpassphrase 123 900

P4wpXXbC4871qsd8VCDzN7cZ3L2pbVtnPLLdqBGXPijfzA6SgpX8
TN5

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:09:00 PM

Hello,

Longer explanation:

Things to do:

Questions:

Mind you, we are discussion 'unlocking' not 'unencrypting'. Please check three last methods from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list

You need to unlock your wallet using 'walletpassphrase' method and only then you will be able to dump private keys belonging to your addresses.

An example on my old wallet:

Code:
./noblecoind listreceivedbyaddress 1 true
[
    {
        "address" : "9Zi27cKsoKNFNc1QqTtQeNrLYjLSKH9Gto",
        "account" : "",
        "amount" : 0.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 0
    }
]

error: {"code":-4,"message":"Private key for address 9Zi27cKsoKNFNc1QqTtQeNrLYjLSKH9Gto is not known"}

./noblecoind walletpassphrase 123 900

P4wpXXbC4871qsd8VCDzN7cZ3L2pbVtnPLLdqBGXPijfzA6SgpX8

Thank you! That was it! I opened my original POW wallet and typed in console: walletpassphrase (mypassword) 900
Then dumpprivkey (myaddress) and it gave me the goddamn private key finally Smiley

Then importprivkey to my new POS wallet and there it is, all my nobles safely on my POS wallet.

Gotta tell you that I would never believed that I can get my Nobles back, so thank you very much Smiley

edit. And I'm pretty sure everything is working because it says "Minting. Your weight is 227818. Network weight is 418959937. Expected time to earn reward is 1 day(s)."

Noblecoin
ImissATARI

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:47:08 PM

Holy Cow - I am a nOOb in every sense of the word. I believe I am mining and I admit it is on a slow laptop but I wanted to get my feet wet on this.

Can anyone direct me to some nOOBish info in Noblecoin?

Few questions: If I am indeed mining, will I only receive any coin when I find a block? How do I know? Will my wallet automatically indicate that? Will I have to wait weeks for any chance to find one? Oh lordy, I'm in over my head

9Wwx9mopZiBc4ZtD8YP3sjJ5uj3UYGpvFB
tittiecoiner

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:50:09 PM

Holy Cow - I am a nOOb in every sense of the word. I believe I am mining and I admit it is on a slow laptop but I wanted to get my feet wet on this.

Can anyone direct me to some nOOBish info in Noblecoin?

Few questions: If I am indeed mining, will I only receive any coin when I find a block? How do I know? Will my wallet automatically indicate that? Will I have to wait weeks for any chance to find one? Oh lordy, I'm in over my head

9Wwx9mopZiBc4ZtD8YP3sjJ5uj3UYGpvFB

A popup will appear on the right bottom, above the windows clock, saying that you've found a block with reward 1000 NOBL.
If you are not sure if you're mining or not, type getmininginfo in the debug console. You should find something like hashespersec: number. That means you are mining with that number h/s.

ImissATARI

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:54:42 PM

blocks" : 6482,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 0.09296127,
"proof-of-stake" : 10.53022181,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"netmhashps" : 0.87179098,
"netstakeweight" : 420457854.18243283,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"Expected PoS (seconds)" : 0,
"stakeinterest" : 0.08000000,
"testnet" : false,
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 1,
"hashespersec" : 2912,
"networkhashps" : 871790,
"testnet" : false
}

Looks like I am indeed mining, I doubt I will have much success anytime soon but I am house sitting at my dad's, not really concerned about electricity  Wink

Thanks for the help
tittiecoiner

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:59:35 PM

},
},
}

Looks like I am indeed mining, I doubt I will have much success anytime soon but I am house sitting at my dad's, not really concerned about electricity  Wink

Thanks for the help

My hashrate is only twice as much as yours and I found 1-3 blocks per day on average. Not much but ok for that low hashrate. Like always: Buying a coin is cheaper than mining it.

ImissATARI

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 09:11:24 PM by ImissATARI

},
},
}

Thanks for the help

My hashrate is only twice as much as yours and I found 1-3 blocks per day on average. Not much but ok for that low hashrate. Like always: Buying a coin is cheaper than mining it.

Not when pops is paying the electricity. He is in Cozumul..... he can afford it Wink
kePd8CT5

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:04:45 AM

also on the new noble wallet is not getting any connections, and when it fired up (loading it on a machine that has never had noble on it) it said it was loading the 1.1.0.3 version on the splash screen that shows up while the wallet is being installed. any thoughts??

***edit, I just shut it down and restarted it after it was installed and it still shows the same mismatched version number on the start up splash screen, and it still does not connect to anyone at all. so getting it up and running is impossible for me to go salvage my coins that I invested my hash and money into. Please some one message me or something if you know how to fix this.

That's correct. The version shown on splash screen is wrong.

Anyone with basic image editing skills wants to fix the splash image?

What needs to happen to it? I could give it a shot.

Please take the splash image from https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/blob/63b7d71fd00cf0cc4b47cec97ba47e5d15a70e0d/src/qt/res/images/splash.png, update the version number and upload it somewhere.

I have edited the image, and you can find it here:  sorry, I don't know how to put it on Github.

This looks good. Thank you! I will release modifed wallet after the weekend.

My version Splash screen for [NOBL] Community:

Keep thrashing and good luck!

XA!

catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 02:04:19 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 02:43:27 AM by catotune

Thank you! That was it! I opened my original POW wallet and typed in console: walletpassphrase (mypassword) 900
Then dumpprivkey (myaddress) and it gave me the goddamn private key finally Smiley

Then importprivkey to my new POS wallet and there it is, all my nobles safely on my POS wallet.

Gotta tell you that I would never believed that I can get my Nobles back, so thank you very much Smiley

edit. And I'm pretty sure everything is working because it says "Minting. Your weight is 227818. Network weight is 418959937. Expected time to earn reward is 1 day(s)."

This worked for me too - I was finally able to get my NOBL from my old, encrypted PoW wallet  Cheesy.

There was no need to send coins from the encrypted PoW wallet to a new, unencrypted PoW wallet.  The original PoW wallet is all you need. If it's encrypted, you just need to unlock it before dumping the private key.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Edit: fixed "The original PoS wallet is all you need" -> "The original PoW wallet is all you need"
TN5

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:29:09 AM

This worked for me too - I was finally able to get my NOBL from my old, encrypted PoW wallet  Cheesy.

There was no need to send coins from the encrypted PoW wallet to a new, unencrypted PoW wallet.  The original PoS wallet is all you need. If it's encrypted, you just need to unlock it before dumping the private key.

Thanks everyone for your help!

"There was no need to send coins from the encrypted PoW wallet to a new, unencrypted PoW wallet."

This was meant to be done before the POS switch, this would've been preparation for the -salvagewallet method. After the switch all actions in your original POW wallet is meaningless, you could send your POW coins to a new POW wallet after the switch but they actually stays in the original POW wallet. The transaction between the wallets is only visual. Glad to hear this worked for you too  Smiley

Noblecoin
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 03:02:47 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 03:17:30 AM by catotune

"There was no need to send coins from the encrypted PoW wallet to a new, unencrypted PoW wallet."

This was meant to be done before the POS switch, this would've been preparation for the -salvagewallet method. After the switch all actions in your original POW wallet is meaningless, you could send your POW coins to a new POW wallet after the switch but they actually stays in the original POW wallet. The transaction between the wallets is only visual. Glad to hear this worked for you too  Smiley

Yup, it all makes sense in retrospect 😊. Now if I could only get my coins off of Cryptsy and Bittrex (both of their NOBL wallets are in maintenance)!

Edit: Bittrex wallet is back to normal.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:15:39 AM

This was meant to be done before the POS switch, this would've been preparation for the -salvagewallet method. After the switch all actions in your original POW wallet is meaningless, you could send your POW coins to a new POW wallet after the switch but they actually stays in the original POW wallet. The transaction between the wallets is only visual. Glad to hear this worked for you too  Smiley

Yup, it all makes sense in retrospect 😊. Now if I could only get my coins off of Cryptsy and Bittrex (both of their NOBL wallets are in maintenance)!

trex is good now

miguelpulignano

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:24:05 AM

I cant recover my 4 millons of noblecoin sended to POLONIEX.

TRANSACTION ID:
Outputs
Index   Redeemed in   Address   Amount
0   Not yet redeemed   9WxW4Rsrp3h2YvXo7x6azCWCsVNTXcgWFXPoloniEx   4,956,387.6005999 NOBLOLD

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/noblold/tx.dws?cea6f3d34eb3d8c17ef45d729b7999e7e662c9612902006fdf46f131452602c5.htm

Can I recover then someday?

I use noblecoin-qt -salvagewallet but the coins not there!

TN5

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:46:38 AM

TRANSACTION ID:
Outputs
0   Not yet redeemed   9WxW4Rsrp3h2YvXo7x6azCWCsVNTXcgWFXPoloniEx   4,956,387.6005999 NOBLOLD

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/noblold/tx.dws?cea6f3d34eb3d8c17ef45d729b7999e7e662c9612902006fdf46f131452602c5.htm

Did you send them before or after the switch?

Noblecoin
eagleflies

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:08:28 AM

Awesome! Wink
eagleflies

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:13:00 AM

TRANSACTION ID:
Outputs

Did you send them before or after the switch?

Money was sent after the switch since block > 534500. So it is still controlled by your old/POW wallet.

Please try method B from https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: