Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 [579] 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
avensen

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

600K VTC dumped in 2 minutes! was that for real Huh Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:52:12 PM

Not sure what you are looking at. I see the daily volume at just under 100,000 VTC.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/#vertcoin
pseudofx

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:21:41 AM

I am going to keep this short and straight forward as possible as I can:

-We lost many of our key investors due to a flame war that happened back in end of May.
-Our volume was decreasing overtime during bitcoin's all time low this year.
-An exponential rise of another coin took the spot light and started a trend during bitcoin's low.
-Bitcoin rises again, vertcoin value decreases, but vertcoin remained around a $1 USD.
-FUD and flame threads/post over the course of the time. And it is still happening till this day!

There is far much more to it, but these are some of the important factors that contributed to the downhill of vertcoin. With all that happening despite with new releases coming out for vertcoin, it was the perfect moment to get out. If you look at the top 100 address for vertcoin, you will see that a lot of the addresses have changed dramatically. There were a chunk of addresses in the top 100 from back in January, February, and March. Look at it now, you won't see that many. It is unfortunate all this had to happen because of flame wars like these post kept occurring. If you want these investors back, the community is going to have to earn it. Rebuild and refocus on vertcoin reputation with good intentions and positivity. Continue with FUD and flame post, and you will further hurt vertcoin.

Here is one address that you can look into:
http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/VwoM5A7us6vd9yCyoBN32JrDmdPnLVBDnU

Use these links to connect some of the dots:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vertcoin/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-vertcoin-addresses.html
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:34:11 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:16:31 AM by turtoro

-We lost many of our key investors due to a flame war that happened back in end of May.
-An exponential rise of another coin took the spot light and started a trend during bitcoin's low.
-Bitcoin rises again, vertcoin value decreases, but vertcoin remained around a $1 USD.
-FUD and flame threads/post over the course of the time. And it is still happening till this day!

There is far much more to it, but these are some of the important factors that contributed to the downhill of vertcoin. With all that happening despite with new releases coming out for vertcoin, it was the perfect moment to get out. If you look at the top 100 address for vertcoin, you will see that a lot of the addresses have changed dramatically. There were a chunk of addresses in the top 100 from back in January, February, and March. Look at it now, you won't see that many. It is unfortunate all this had to happen because of flame wars like these post kept occurring. If you want these investors back, the community is going to have to earn it. Rebuild and refocus on vertcoin reputation with good intentions and positivity. Continue with FUD and flame post, and you will further hurt vertcoin.

Yep.The vertpay situation was the catalyst which left a bad taste in my mouth. Othe and ricardo got a raw deal and it was an ambitious project that deserved serious attention.
avensen

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:45:57 AM

Not sure what you are looking at. I see the daily volume at just under 100,000 VTC.

I saw this 600K VTC dump at https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/vtcbtc (it's VTC/BTC trade history at Cryptsy).

However, this dump is not at Cryptsy's chart at https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/151
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:39:37 AM

I saw this 600K VTC dump at https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/vtcbtc (it's VTC/BTC trade history at Cryptsy).

However, this dump is not at Cryptsy's chart at https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/151

Nobody dropped 600,000. Relax
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:31:24 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 02:51:32 AM by Crypto_EX

i don't care about block halving or anything else...

devs don't want to change anything right now and the coin is dying, but at least i am out.

i hope you enjoyed my coins  Grin Grin

goodbye !
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

all miners should mine @ greenpool

you will get more vtc than mining vertcoin directly and will also help divert some of the other altcoins market cap right into vtc !
styxical

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:46:51 AM

While I agree with you that the community could use some better positive attitude, anyone making trades based on being insulted on a forum is not someone to depend on in the first place. If you go run and sell your coins every time you have a bad day you're going to lose. I say this as having been a successful btc/usd trader before I got into vertcoin.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:20:56 AM

Probably nothing that hasn't already been said (I will admit I haven't read all 583 pages) but I just made this post in the MON thread and felt it was applicable here as well. Basically replace "Monocle" with "Vertcoin" where applicable.

This is just one of those stretches where everything is taking a hit. The new money coming into the altcoin economy quickly flows back out via the "grift of the week." Last week it was Urocoin (a few fraudulent documents, a bad Photoshop job, and "Uro" in the name which literally means "Urine"). If something has been around for more than a couple weeks it is considered old news. That is ridiculous and it needs to change.

Vertcoin and Monocle are an awesome combo. In fact, I borrowed part of the Vertcoin code to implement into my own coin. A great cryptocurrency needs to have fair distribution, a secure blockchain, and should have a purpose beyond just existing. As the first Scrypt-N coin, Vertcoin instantly filled a need as ASICs began to ship.

Monocle is great because you get the same competent development team, a secure network due to the merge-mining, and a great way to interfere with the coin-hopping formulas that essentially do nothing more than damage altcoins and contribute to inconsistency in network speeds. Beyond that, Monocle has proven to be a great test bed for new features (as we have recently witnessed with the stealth address features).

Unfortunately, at the present time, innovation and technical specifications are overshadowed by hype, pump-and-dumps, and fraud. As far as I'm concerned, a developer actually concerned about creating something revolutionary would leverage an existing currency and build upon it instead of creating one from scratch at this point. I have seen coins with 20% premines that have threads 400 pages deep and people lining up to buy the coins as the "dev" unloads them 2 weeks after launch, I have seen IPOs that raise hundreds of BTC only to have the "dev" vanish without even releasing the coin - this is insanity. There is so much confusion and so little education. People blindly buy anything and everything off the slightest "tip" and nobody seems to care about proof or even the identity of the developers.

There is a fundamental problem with this market but I am confident it will recover eventually. As more people begin to demand honesty, integrity, and quality we will see a rise in the select handful of worthy cryptocurrencies. I truly believe that VTC and MON are first-class currencies that are simply suffering from a lack of hype. The launch of MON was possibly the most fair I have ever been a part of and distribution is amazingly wide considering how deflated the value and interest remains. Fortunately, the PoW network remains strong and steady due to the merge-mining - MON isn't going anywhere.

My future plans for Murraycoin will involve more of a focus on educating and informing people new to cryptocurrency; we need to begin weeding out the trash and simplifying the concepts and we all need to work together to make it happen. If people start demanding quality we will start getting quality. We have this extreme disconnect where everybody is out there throwing their money around haphazardly instead of doing research - when they eventually lose everything, they often never come back. The barrier of entry into this world remains too great for the average person - we need to lower or eliminate that barrier. Finally, investors and members of the community need to quit complaining, quit focusing on a change to the PoW algorithms, quit worrying about daily updates and panicking when they don't come - they need to start contributing. Just buying a coin isn't enough - if you have skills and can contribute then, by all means, contribute! Build an app or fire up an open source project, no matter how simple, that gives Monocle another use. Instead of spreading panic when prices dwindle (which only contributes to more panic and downward momentum) start spreading the word! Grass roots marketing is huge in cryptocurrency! People are spreading their money across a dozen or more random altcoins and, as a result, they don't really have their heart in any of them. Pick a few you like with great devs and start focusing on helping to build exposure and build the community. Everybody has something they can do to contribute - this is one of the rare markets where everybody invested can do something to help grow the value of their investment.

There is this strange phenomena that exists in this market where everybody feels entitled just for buying a few coins. We need to work together and build up these quality coins together. A development team of one or two people, with limited resources, can only do so much. People underestimate the commitment it takes to be a good dev - dozens of PMs daily, constant updates, continued innovation, dealing with the fear and panic if deadlines are missed - it is a lot of work with a minimal reward. We need to move the marketing beyond this forum - there is so much noise here. Competition, distraction, negativity - it's a wasteland of altcoins. Yes there is an audience here but this isn't the place to market a coin any longer - after the first 2 weeks nobody cares - it's old news; most people here are just looking to get in early on the next big pump-and-dump.

This dev is great but he cannot do everything - this community needs to come together and start getting organized. Quit sweating the small stuff and start doing your part to secure the future of your investment.

Just my 2 MON  Wink

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:10:07 AM

Very well said bholzer. Need to stay tough during this frenetic period of the altcoin market. I especially agree with your point on the flight to quality coins - frankly I'm surprised it hasn't already started.

bholzer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 06:33:27 AM

Very well said bholzer. Need to stay tough during this frenetic period of the altcoin market. I especially agree with your point on the flight to quality coins - frankly I'm surprised it hasn't already started.

We're in a situation here where people have taken a bath on just about everything - morale is low and people have been knocked down by a relentless altcoin economy. We have essentially been here before multiple times and there is always a recovery, but the state of affairs has never been murkier.

The takeaway here is that there is plenty to learn from; it's important to stay positive because negativity is extremely contagious. Almost every altcoin portfolio is in the red for 2014 but it's not the end of the world - this is the period of time that separates the day traders from the great traders. This is the period of time where real profit begins - take advantage of a panicked market and feel the power of Dollar-Cost Averaging. Beyond that, if people start to focus on the positives and begin to actually contribute, we can separate great coins like VTC further from the sea of junk. Education is imperative and, no matter how positive an effect you believe a negative post will have, resist the urge - we are better than that. The discussion should be about growth and solutions - not panic over the current market value. A great cryptocurrency demands a great community.

It's been a rough year in this market but these are the times successful traders live for. Crappy developers will always be around polluting this world but just because they build it doesn't mean we have to buy it. Let's get things moving in the right direction instead of sitting around complaining and waiting for others to do all the work. I'm heavily invested in VTC because if history has taught us anything it's that when the dust settles, integrity will prevail.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:21:16 AM

Does FUD and flame cause price to fall?

or

Does a falling price cause FUD and flame?

It really isn't as simple as either one. It's a chicken or the egg argument. They are intimately connected, very symbiotic. When things are going good, everything builds together, and when things are going bad, we get reinforcing downward spirals - what is sometimes called the "snowball effect".

Oh, if life were only so simple that we could really believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme.  Sad

jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:26:54 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 07:41:21 AM by jk_14

We're in a situation here where people have taken a bath on just about everything - morale is low and people have been knocked down by a relentless altcoin economy. We have essentially been here before multiple times and there is always a recovery, but the state of affairs has never been murkier.

The takeaway here is that there is plenty to learn from; it's important to stay positive because negativity is extremely contagious. Almost every altcoin portfolio is in the red for 2014 but it's not the end of the world - this is the period of time that separates the day traders from the great traders. This is the period of time where real profit begins - take advantage of a panicked market and feel the power of Dollar-Cost Averaging. Beyond that, if people start to focus on the positives and begin to actually contribute, we can separate great coins like VTC further from the sea of junk. Education is imperative and, no matter how positive an effect you believe a negative post will have, resist the urge - we are better than that. The discussion should be about growth and solutions - not panic over the current market value. A great cryptocurrency demands a great community.

It's been a rough year in this market but these are the times successful traders live for. Crappy developers will always be around polluting this world but just because they build it doesn't mean we have to buy it. Let's get things moving in the right direction instead of sitting around complaining and waiting for others to do all the work. I'm heavily invested in VTC because if history has taught us anything it's that when the dust settles, integrity will prevail.

I'm able to understand people complaining for Vertcoin inflation model
Bitcoin type inflation model is not a dogma.

Bitcoin was prepared as a standalone solution, now we have almost thousands of coins (let say: "second dimension" of inflation)

It seems there are two oposite cases now:

- PoW, with about 20 years of hard inflation (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Vertcoin)
- PoW with 7 days of cosmic level inflation (14 millions coin per day), and then for example PoS (Blackcoin)

Darkcoin has changed his inflation model for something in the middle, probably...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5823918#msg5823918

I'm also in the austrian camp of economics...

switching to Darkcoin inflation model is "approved by the market"
and Darkcoin didn't suffer due to this decision, rather contrary...

so the same way as Vericoin idea was imediately adopted as VertVerser
- the same way Darkcoin inflation model could be adopted by Vertcoin,
as already verified procedure of changing inflation model (important: verified by real market)

I have some other concept yet, for extreme justice between miners and investors
(Bitcoin/Vertcoin model has drawbacks in my opinion)

I have sent it to developers, and maybe I should present it here, I'm not sure...

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 07:52:59 AM

Hi,
Due to very low support, I've had to close down the triple merge mining pool for Vertcoin hashharder. VERTERS POOL IS FINE AND IS UP AND WILL STAY UP. But the triple merge pool was not making anywhere near enough to support its existence, and was costing me money each money, so that pool has been closed down sadly.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
bholzer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:06:01 AM

or

It really isn't as simple as either one. It's a chicken or the egg argument. They are intimately connected, very symbiotic. When things are going good, everything builds together, and when things are going bad, we get reinforcing downward spirals - what is sometimes called the "snowball effect".

Oh, if life were only so simple that we could really believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme.  Sad

It's obviously a combination of the two, yes. When people are in the red on their investments they react negatively - there is a synergy when the value is dropping and a synergy when the value is rising. My point is that it makes no sense to come in here with a bad attitude and create panic (unless that is the goal) - if you are invested in a currency then, just like any other investment, you should do everything you can to contribute positively and lead a rebound. In the altcoin world everything is amplified because people are on edge - people are losing - move the meter an inch and the masses react as if it were a mile. The point is that a good trader can recognize these situations, learn from historical data, and profit greatly from it. I mention Dollar-Cost Averaging not to sound like a half-rate Ameriprise accountant but to reference a basic concept that so few people in the altcoin world seem to grasp. For the few of you that haven't really thought about it, here is an example of why it's such a critical concept for both savvy investors and emotional traders alike:

Let's say you made the following buys over the past 2 months:

May 14th, VTC @ 0.003: 1 BTC -> 333 VTC
May 20th, VTC @ 0.002: 1 BTC -> 500 VTC
June 10th, VTC @ 0.001: 1 BTC -> 1000 VTC
July 7th, VTC @ 0.0005: 1 BTC -> 2000 VTC
July 14th, VTC @ 0.00044: 1 BTC -> 2272 VTC

So you spent 5 BTC total over the past 2 months on VTC at a peak of 0.003 (the highest the price has been in months) and a low of 0.00044 (the current price). This is investing 101 for buy-and-hold people... but even for inexperienced emotional investors DCA is a powerful tool because it makes you realize the situation isn't as horrible as it feels. In the above example, you would have acquired 6105 VTC for 5 BTC or 1221 VTC per bitcoin. Despite buying at a peak of nearly 7 times the current price, your total purchase price is now averaged out to 0.00081; this means that when VTC recovers to even 0.001, a price we were all disgusted by just a couple short weeks ago, your investment would be worth 25% more than what you invested (over a full bitcoin). I'm not saying that means 0.001 would be a good time to dump and get out (unless that's what you need to do) but suddenly a suffocating situation doesn't look so bad.

I realize this is basic stuff and most of you likely won't get much out of it but we are in a market filled with emotional investors - we need more logical investors to help stabilize this thing. If we ever intend to create an actual economy for these altcoins beyond just speculation, stability is extremely important. When finances are involved, emotions run high - as a business owner, an investor, and even a family man I understand that - but the emotional component is not productive. We need people to take action - spread the word - start marketing and building a positive community - quit complaining and do something. Inaction will get you nowhere... complaining just brings down morale and destroys motivation - just because this is a world dominated by immature investors does not mean everybody needs to lower themselves down to the level of the majority of the field.

Sucking the air out of the room means everybody drops to the floor - if we can't remain motivated, positive, and productive how can we expect everyone else to do it? Positive environments result in positive outcomes - this is a community here, guys - people need to work together, start doing some grass roots marketing, start creating - nobody wants to invest in something if it's surrounding with negative whiners who contribute nothing but demand everything. Without a great community, at this stage, what's the point? I've been mining VTC for months and I've been buying it steadily for 2 months. If I lose everything I put into it, life goes on - I won't lose much sleep over it. However, whether it lives or dies, VTC has carved out it's place in the history books and paved the way for a number of innovations - it would be unfortunate to see a quality coin with fair distribution fall apart because its own community burned it to the ground. This market shifts on a dime and it's amazing how much of an impact this thread, right here on this FUD-filled forum, has on the price.

There are some great things going on here - highlight them and build on them; take advantage of the situation. You mention we can't believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme - why? Honestly - why? In the grand scheme of things, we don't have a lot of time on this earth - why waste it by obsessing over things that don't really matter in the big picture. If you can't spin something into a positive you aren't trying hard enough. This is just money, it's not over, and even if you choose to give up and exit in the red you will earn more money, spend more money - as long as you never invested money you couldn't afford to lose, life goes on. Unless you have a bookie that is going to break your legs or something... suck it up and move forward. We have the power to start moving the meter in the right direction right now - we need to change the tone of this discussion and start deciding what we're going to do, collectively and individually, to flip the trend. Even if all you care about is the price... the community primarily drives the price. Nobody wants to buy into something when they're unsure if it's found the bottom - who cares? This isn't the stock market - we don't need to rely on quarterly earnings, projections, business models, and board members - it's a low-volume spec commodity market - every single person can have a noticeable impact on value. If people start thinking logically, we don't need to wonder when we will hit the bottom because this will be the bottom - it's really that simple.

People predicting prices are often creating the price via their very prediction - this entire market is dominated by inexperienced, immature, and emotional traders. Most will learn and improve and grow as they go but right now people need to step up. Remember: you don't lose money until you sell lower than you bought.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:54:09 AM

or

Oh, if life were only so simple that we could really believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme.  Sad

It's obviously a combination of the two, yes. When people are in the red on their investments they react negatively - there is a synergy when the value is dropping and a synergy when the value is rising. My point is that it makes no sense to come in here with a bad attitude and create panic (unless that is the goal) - if you are invested in a currency then, just like any other investment, you should do everything you can to contribute positively and lead a rebound. In the altcoin world everything is amplified because people are on edge - people are losing - move the meter an inch and the masses react as if it were a mile. The point is that a good trader can recognize these situations, learn from historical data, and profit greatly from it. I mention Dollar-Cost Averaging not to sound like a half-rate Ameriprise accountant but to reference a basic concept that so few people in the altcoin world seem to grasp. For the few of you that haven't really thought about it, here is an example of why it's such a critical concept for both savvy investors and emotional traders alike:

Let's say you made the following buys over the past 2 months:

May 14th, VTC @ 0.003: 1 BTC -> 333 VTC
May 20th, VTC @ 0.002: 1 BTC -> 500 VTC
June 10th, VTC @ 0.001: 1 BTC -> 1000 VTC
July 7th, VTC @ 0.0005: 1 BTC -> 2000 VTC
July 14th, VTC @ 0.00044: 1 BTC -> 2272 VTC

So you spent 5 BTC total over the past 2 months on VTC at a peak of 0.003 (the highest the price has been in months) and a low of 0.00044 (the current price). This is investing 101 for buy-and-hold people... but even for inexperienced emotional investors DCA is a powerful tool because it makes you realize the situation isn't as horrible as it feels. In the above example, you would have acquired 6105 VTC for 5 BTC or 1221 VTC per bitcoin. Despite buying at a peak of nearly 7 times the current price, your total purchase price is now averaged out to 0.00081; this means that when VTC recovers to even 0.001, a price we were all disgusted by just a couple short weeks ago, your investment would be worth 25% more than what you invested (over a full bitcoin). I'm not saying that means 0.001 would be a good time to dump and get out (unless that's what you need to do) but suddenly a suffocating situation doesn't look so bad.

I realize this is basic stuff and most of you likely won't get much out of it but we are in a market filled with emotional investors - we need more logical investors to help stabilize this thing. If we ever intend to create an actual economy for these altcoins beyond just speculation, stability is extremely important. When finances are involved, emotions run high - as a business owner, an investor, and even a family man I understand that - but the emotional component is not productive. We need people to take action - spread the word - start marketing and building a positive community - quit complaining and do something. Inaction will get you nowhere... complaining just brings down morale and destroys motivation - just because this is a world dominated by immature investors does not mean everybody needs to lower themselves down to the level of the majority of the field.

Sucking the air out of the room means everybody drops to the floor - if we can't remain motivated, positive, and productive how can we expect everyone else to do it? Positive environments result in positive outcomes - this is a community here, guys - people need to work together, start doing some grass roots marketing, start creating - nobody wants to invest in something if it's surrounding with negative whiners who contribute nothing but demand everything. Without a great community, at this stage, what's the point? I've been mining VTC for months and I've been buying it steadily for 2 months. If I lose everything I put into it, life goes on - I won't lose much sleep over it. However, whether it lives or dies, VTC has carved out it's place in the history books and paved the way for a number of innovations - it would be unfortunate to see a quality coin with fair distribution fall apart because its own community burned it to the ground. This market shifts on a dime and it's amazing how much of an impact this thread, right here on this FUD-filled forum, has on the price.

There are some great things going on here - highlight them and build on them; take advantage of the situation. You mention we can't believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme - why? Honestly - why? In the grand scheme of things, we don't have a lot of time on this earth - why waste it by obsessing over things that don't really matter in the big picture. If you can't spin something into a positive you aren't trying hard enough. This is just money, it's not over, and even if you choose to give up and exit in the red you will earn more money, spend more money - as long as you never invested money you couldn't afford to lose, life goes on. Unless you have a bookie that is going to break your legs or something... suck it up and move forward. We have the power to start moving the meter in the right direction right now - we need to change the tone of this discussion and start deciding what we're going to do, collectively and individually, to flip the trend. Even if all you care about is the price... the community primarily drives the price. Nobody wants to buy into something when they're unsure if it's found the bottom - who cares? This isn't the stock market - we don't need to rely on quarterly earnings, projections, business models, and board members - it's a low-volume spec commodity market - every single person can have a noticeable impact on value. If people start thinking logically, we don't need to wonder when we will hit the bottom because this will be the bottom - it's really that simple.

People predicting prices are often creating the price via their very prediction - this entire market is dominated by inexperienced, immature, and emotional traders. Most will learn and improve and grow as they go but right now people need to step up. Remember: you don't lose money until you sell lower than you bought.

Love the reading, hard when you wake up  Tongue but glad you posted here. This thread needed it.
glx2014

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:46:25 AM

someone sell 13590VTC @0.0004BTC died Wink

cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

Almost half of it were being gobbled up within minutes. I supposed people just love a great sale.  Looking at the bid/ask trend I cannot help but have a feeling that someone is/are out to press the price down.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:03:22 AM

Almost half of it were being gobbled up within minutes. I supposed people just love a great sale.  Looking at the bid/ask trend I cannot help but have a feeling that someone is/are out to press the price down.

This downtrend can't only cause by multipools. Someone or a group of people are driving the price down too.
Pages: « 1 ... 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 [579] 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: