Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
OPTiK

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:38:10 AM

you are 100% on to it here.

And this low price is a bonus - just keep topping up regularly as it goes down. When it goes up - as it inevitably will on the next BTC/LTC spikes your profit will be x10 not x2.

VTC will be a survivor of these clone wars as you put it.

Its important to keep focus on the long term during the journey THROUGH the Valley of Death.  We just passing thru - not staying thanks.....

Keep your eye on this #1 Richest Vertcoin Address

since mid June this address has gone from 150K VTC to almost 500K VTC - and buy rate increasing lately. No sells since mid April - and no sells of any significance.

http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/Vjf6QRCF1AsaMUeGBpN8ZtN2z2htiGkZXr

Can you guess the strategy?

Crazy crazy times.

To steal a bit of SW we're smack in the middle of "The Clone Wars". We have many different coins based of many different variations of the BTC code base. As many know and have mentioned most of these coins are strictly a cash grab or a scam. Others are simple changes from a popular code which have garnered the attention of pump and dumpers. These coins will skyrocket up the market cap charts and just as quickly as they went up they come crashing back down.

Very few coins have the potential to survive the clone coin wars. These coins have also been pumped and dumped, FUD has been tossed around, hope has been lost and gained again and at the end of the day they survive. It's not going to be an easy ride, if you watch things too closely you'll feel the growing pains but throughout all of the obstacles thrown their way they overcome.

Now everyone take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale and try to understand were not backing a short term coin which will see fantastic pump and dumps. We're backing a professional coin which will continue to get better while others simply don't have the ability or dedication to do so. Our dev team has already exceeded all of my wildest dreams for what a cc should be. As a programmer I'm exceptionally impressed with how the dev team plans, tests, implements and maintains the VTC project. I'd be proud to have them on my team and I'm sure any project out there would be so much better for it.

Please stop asking them to fix the price. That's not what we're about right now. You don't build a great foundation and then toss it all away to temporarily bump the price. If you have faith in the coin, the community and the developers start working on making it better. This doesn't include complaining about it on any venue that will listen. I'm not always successful but when I read a post that is spreading FUD I do my best to ignore it. You'll never convince someone spreading FUD that it's FUD. Either because 1) they don't get it and never will, or 2) they do get it and are strictly there to troll.

Lets focus on the positive. Let's get the word out and don't forget to take a deep breath once in a while. VTC is not short term. It's long term.

Just so you know I feel everyone's pain I currently have 11k VTC mined and purchased from 009 - 0004. If I were to sell today I'd be down a substantial amount of time, effort and money. However I'm not so I'm not down anything. In fact at these prices I have the potential to be up that much faster.

Are you sure thats not an exchanges cold storage address?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:02:22 AM

And this low price is a bonus - just keep topping up regularly as it goes down. When it goes up - as it inevitably will on the next BTC/LTC spikes your profit will be x10 not x2.

Its important to keep focus on the long term during the journey THROUGH the Valley of Death.  We just passing thru - not staying thanks.....

since mid June this address has gone from 150K VTC to almost 500K VTC - and buy rate increasing lately. No sells since mid April - and no sells of any significance.

For the 100th time. Its bters cold storage address https://bter.com/article/968
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:31:31 AM

If that is BTER they sure have a lot of coins in storage. Nothing about their daily volume would lead me to guess that they had so many people storing coins. Even if this is true it seems as though the exchange is a place a lot of people are holding their coins. I personally have 11k VTC and I have 90% in cold storage. Seems odd to have 500k on an exchange with low VTC volume.
turtoro

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:40:18 AM

If that is BTER they sure have a lot of coins in storage. Nothing about their daily volume would lead me to guess that they had so many people storing coins. Even if this is true it seems as though the exchange is a place a lot of people are holding their coins. I personally have 11k VTC and I have 90% in cold storage. Seems odd to have 500k on an exchange with low VTC volume.

Click the link. Its written in black and white. And on a side note, why anybody would place so much emphasis on an individual wallet is beyond me even if it was just a single trader. It would mean nothing beyond a mere curiosity. Actually it be a terrible thing for a single account holding such a lot of coins. The dump would be devastating.  Either way the point is moot. Its an exchange cold storage account
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:05:20 AM

Thanks - you are indeed correct - useful info.

Although you crushed my story with this one example - the trend is pretty much correct.

I still can see most (over 90% of the top 100) wallets in the top 100 holding/accumulating - and thats IMHO the best strategy for now with VTC.

And I have my money where my mouth is on this.

Accumulating

Its important to keep focus on the long term during the journey THROUGH the Valley of Death.  We just passing thru - not staying thanks.....

For the 100th time. Its bters cold storage address https://bter.com/article/968

--

--
turtoro

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:08:43 AM

Thanks - you are indeed correct - useful info.

Although you crushed my story with this one example - the trend is pretty much correct.

I still can see most (over 90% of the top 100) wallets in the top 100 holding/accumulating - and thats IMHO the best strategy for now with VTC.

And I have my money where my mouth is on this.

Accumulating

agree
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:08:39 AM

Execoin might be a copycoin but they are doing something right.

http://www.electrum-exe.org/stealth/

Release stealth address and have all their info ready to go? Unprecedented!
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

Vertcoin | Stealth Address | Release

Vertans,
The moment you have all been waiting patiently for has arrived. Tonight, we are proud to present to you Stealth Addresses on the Vertcoin Mainnet!

This is the culmination of months of hard work - the kind of hard work that leaves your brain fried and your fingers cramped by the end of the day.

Vertcoin's Stealth Address implementation is yet another, better reason to adopt Vertcoin as your choice payment method for business or personal use.

(...)

Don't be shy! Let's get the word out and make Vertans out of everyone we meet or talk to Cheesy

Cheers,
bushido

Thanks Erik, Adam and Boris

This is only the beginning...

It's good time to inform what is planned after beginning.

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:05:58 AM

The Electrum standalone wallet is a great security innovation.  Never used it for EXE (and never will because EXE still looks pretty much dead despite lots of shiny features) but the ability to have a USB wallet (easy cold wallet) is notable for Electrum - and the seed feature is useful for paper wallet creation.

Note EXE though has just copied the Electrum wallet - no great dev feats here.

VTC would do well to have a Electrum wallet.

I would certainly use it - its the standard for my BTC wallets

Execoin might be a copycoin but they are doing something right.

http://www.electrum-exe.org/stealth/

Release stealth address and have all their info ready to go? Unprecedented!

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:29:55 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 07:54:49 AM by usukan

At the end of the day its plainly obvious that we just need some ideas on where to aim the future of VTC.  We need some entrepreneurial ideas on what VTC can do that the 100's of other coins are not doing.  

Does it seem strange that the most bland of coins (BTC) is actually the most successful? Sure it has first mover advantage. Its because the growing masses of adopters recognise this coin to be the ONLY way to move money.  Most of the worlds population don't hear about other coins and LTC is a far of second.

The outcome of the BTC auction should be taken as a learning.  Developing economies, (the unbanked) and economies with FIAT under stress and rampant inflation are the real opportunities for Crypto.  The strategies of Tim Draper and his crew seem to have identified a key target that I think VTC should really focus on. Hes not a great talker but a shrewd thinker and visionary - with LOTS of skin in the game.

Two things:
1 - Remittances from overseas workers back to their home country.
2 - Stable store of value in countries where FIAT is hyper inflating.

South America, Africa and especially Asia has most of the worlds burgeoning lower to middle class - and they really need fast, cheap, safe transactions AND an alternative stable store of value.

How to do this for VTC?

There are already a myriad of startups handling remittances and trade in crypto in these countries - BUT they are only dealing with BTC.  They need an introduction from VTC marketing to a viable alternative that is better - faster and cheaper.

Yes we need MORE VTC marketing (see its started - great)

They need Android wallets (VTC has this and its great) and transfers via text (this is the big one for developing countries - everyone has a basic cellphone but not android or smart phone) - its all there already but only for BTC.

VTC is blazing fast - I have constantly been amazed.  Try an over the counter transaction with BTC - you will finish your beer before its all confirmed.  Not so for VTC.  We need to really make this point and leverage from it.  A guy in the Philippines I send some BTC to buy some pigs will have to feed and water them before they get handed over.  With VTC he will have them on the spit roaster by the time the BTC would have got confirmed 6 times.

So my summary - pitch VTC at developing economies (most of the other coins have missed this and its one of the biggest opportunities) - and pitch it at weak FIAT countries.  

VTC has the backbone now thanks to the devs to deliver everything faster and more reliably - Its time now to hit the SPOT with marketing and beat the herd to the fertile pastures for use of VTC

--

--
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:38:37 AM

Vertigo is the Electrum type wallet for Vertcoin.
http://www.vertigowallet.org/

I'm not going to comment on EXEcoin. Search 'electrum' within this thread's search box and you'll see why the stealth address code was kept closed source. My opinion, im not a dev.
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:51:07 AM

Great thanks - I did not realise it had a "user specified location" does this mean you can just install it on a USB (I will check anyhow) - this is the major feature for me.

I made many support pitches to keep VTC stealth not open source - so no worries there (but open source when VTC devs supercede the original stealth and render previous code obsolete) - think drug companies

Appreciate your helpful reminder

Vertigo is the Electrum type wallet for Vertcoin.
http://www.vertigowallet.org/

I'm not going to comment on EXEcoin. Search 'electrum' within this thread's search box and you'll see why the stealth address code was kept closed source. My opinion, im not a dev.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:30:06 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 10:29:04 AM by usukan

This price is beginning to become a joke

0.0004 and less and dropping

Here is some advice thats not great for VTC price - but it will likely make you money (or lots more VTC).  You decide if you want to take it or not.

Oh - but only if you have a nice stake in VTC already (don't want to miss out the rise when BTC and LTC go up)

Just let the dumpers dump - and the weak hands sell.  I'm so sorry for the people that need to sell - No.1 rule - dont put in more than you can afford to lose.  No.2 rule NEVER sell at a loss. No.3 rule - do your research and if you believe go for it.

All the rules are:

Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
Financially, emotionally, or otherwise.
Never put all your eggs in one basket. Split up your trades.
Never put money into anything you do not fully understand.
Make pre-commitments and follow through with them. Never break a pre-commitment
Never panic buy. Never panic sell.
Know your stop loss conditions beforehand, not after.
Do your own research. Do not rely on the research of others.
When in doubt, do not enter. It is okay to choose not to enter a position. Only make a trade when you are reasonable certain of the outcome.
Do not be overconfident of your abilities.
Markets are anti-inductive. They are also incredibly efficient. To beat the market means to outwit the collective intelligence of thousands of other people. To do so requires a combination of insane luck and skill. Don’t — for even a second, grow overconfident. Hubris will end you.
 Rules can be broken. The trick is to know when. I have broken all of these rules at least once. I admit it. The problem is recognizing situations when rule-breaking is necessary, and when they are important. When in doubt, follow your rules.

Dont buy into the drops daily - you will lose.  The dumpers want to get VTC down - they have lots of coins to get the price down.

Come back next week and buy for  0.0002 (but even then be patient - buy half your budget and wait - wait a day see where its going - buy as a buyer (buy side) - not off the sellers - if you miss out - so what? You will have more BTC which is SAFE.

A week later maybe EVEN 0.0001

and so on........

DCA strategy (VTC cost average strategy) - then sell off in chunks as it goes up - profit on each.

This is going down much more (the dumpers want the price down down down - but make note of their top up points) - great if it does not - just saying.....

My interest here is to avoid whales owning VTC - spread ownership to all - expand your holdings at your own convenient scale

Dont forget you are screwing the dumpers by not buying - they are losing more money to get the price down.  You are screwing the dumpers by not selling - they have to pay more to make their top ups.............

Hold well off from buying - and most certainly DO NOT SELL - make the whales play with themselves - to your profit.

--

--
styxical

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

I have no idea how feasible this is and I am not a programmer, but I was thinking, what if there is a multicoin wallet with an encrypted chat feature?

Like btc, ltc, doge, vert (+ whatever? myr?) all in the same wallet, with a chat box (trollbox?). It would help foster community growth and sharing while also exposing vtc to a wide audience. Throw a news feed in there. It would be an application people constantly have running in their desktop keeping them plugged in to crypto news.
SnakeEater

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:58:14 AM

I learn something new and realize that VTC has been defeated where decentralize on hardware is successful but not on the community usage level.  It does not restrict centralize all coins generated into single few hands.  Now top 2% hold more than 4.5 million VTC out of 6 millions.
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-vertcoin-addresses.html

Top 0.2% hold 2 millions which is 33%.

The decentralize of hardware is good but the economy values derived from its use and VTC is a good protocol and any new version of protocol should generate a new network and use exchange to derive the values between the old and new crypto network.

When the miners still mining at a lost, it is not really logical for miners to keep a blind faith to keep mining at a lost.

Price is not my major concern but the widespread adoption and growing network are the most important factors for a crypto network which is beyond developers control.

The daily losses is about $13k USD daily on electricity.
turtoro

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:02:45 AM

I learn something new and realize that VTC has been defeated where decentralize on hardware is successful but not on the community usage level.  It does not restrict centralize all coins generated into single few hands.  Now top 2% hold more than 4.5 million VTC out of 6 millions.

The decentralize of hardware is good but the economy values derived from its use and VTC is a good protocol and any new version of protocol should generate a new network and use exchange to derive the values between the old and new crypto network.

When the miners still mining at a lost, it is not really logical for miners to keep a blind faith to keep mining at a lost.

Price is not my major concern but the widespread adoption and growing network are the most important factors for a crypto network which is beyond developers control.

THE TOP ADDRESSES ARE EXCHANGES and their cold/hot wallets. your numbers are innacurate
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:49:14 AM

SnakeEater - you are both correct

The exchange wallets are many of the top holders

However - a disproportionate and small number of investor wallets hold most of the VTC coins.

The more the smaller investors and miners sell at low prices - this will only get worse

its a game and the smaller holders are losing

THE TOP ADDRESSES ARE EXCHANGES and their cold/hot wallets. your numbers are innacurate

--

--
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:49:26 PM

POS coin attacked - Vertcoin is wise to be careful with algo change

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.msg7848188#msg7848188

BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:25:16 PM

POS coins are starting to get exposed. Two coins in a week are talking rollback.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:50:16 PM

POS coins are starting to get exposed. Two coins in a week are talking rollback.

What is the other coin?

Hope people will stop the hype about PoS and start working on innovation and not copy/paste coins without bringing anything new.
I know there's some devs workings hard to help CC grow, vert's devs are included. Hope the hard working minority will surpass the masses of sheeps.
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: