Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
zzzman20

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

http://wafflepool.com/stats  350 MH/S
https://www.multipool.us/index.php   70 MH/S

Multipools are still dumping.

Yes and according to some it could be fixed by halving the block reward.

Why it won't work: 2 hypothesis (for the demonstration we will assume that the price drop is caused by the amount of coins being dumped)

*The halving increase the price
-Less coins will be mined, but those coins will be worth more
--> No effect at all, the dumping of the newly mined coins will make the price drop like it is doing now

*The halving doesn't increase the price
-Less coins will be mined but the price will remain stable
--> mining will no longer be profitable for anyone and the coin will die.

Ok, so just make the coin POS and problem solved.

Better yet, Get some exposure for this coin!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zzzman20

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:22:59 AM

i have an idea how to increase buy orders in (or save) VTC. you can trade every coin in exchanges for BTC or in some exchanges for LTC. so we have 2 options. a new exchange where you can trade other cryptos for ONLY VTC or separate market with primary coin VTC in an existing exchange. at the start it could be any shitcoin which is not traded anywhere for VTC and later adding another cryptos. it is just an idea Smiley

No... that would just be a dead exchange. Getting Vert in the spotlight is what needs to be done. Is there anyone in advertising or PR working on the Dev team? Or is it just a bunch of guys who argue with each other over block halving?
pseudofx

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

zzzman20,

Most of the activity for vertcoin is in reddit. This also may address your question: http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2ah7ri/official_marketing_campaign_updates/
rontz

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:26:56 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 01:52:35 AM by rontz

Algo , block reward well those are small things and god knows if they help anything.

Well i personally havent contributed anything to the coin, few posts here and there, Just own a bunch of vert and mining it with 1 rig.

Question is what is a coin community? Some people mining and holding a coin and commenting in threads? If yes than not much is coming from this.
Partially the coin is owned by developers but in reality developers should just be the guys who started it. The main things and stuff initially comes from developers but thats it , cryptocoin should be something that community develops. But what can regular Joe do?

Lets take the vertcoin web example , well dev team could propose the general frame, but why not to make the vertcoin web as a community tool.
Something like wiki.  This is just one example all the things should be made keeping in mind that some frame is generated and then crowd can do something with it.  If we take bitcoin as an example then there are like thousands of communities doing/developing something on top of it.

So to sum up community should develop things and "The devs" should not be the only devs.
And as i said i personally haven't contributed anything (except 1 donation to this marketing campaign) , and i am probably not going to dig in to cryptography and shit ,   but if there were some tasks that more people could handle then most probably i would also contribute.

So anyone here could start something    

EDIT:
For example we could implement reward system.
1: Define a task
2: estimate a cost of task
3: collect the pot
4: who ever developes the solution gets the pot.

Ex: Vertcoin facebook ap  10k Vert,   Vertcoin DNS solution 10k Vert .. seriosly whatever sky is the limit and recourse is the world.
Or developers can also finance their own hours with community financing.
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:28:06 AM

http://wafflepool.com/stats  350 MH/S
https://www.multipool.us/index.php   70 MH/S

Multipools are still dumping.

Yes and according to some it could be fixed by halving the block reward.

Why it won't work: 2 hypothesis (for the demonstration we will assume that the price drop is caused by the amount of coins being dumped)

*The halving increase the price
-Less coins will be mined, but those coins will be worth more
--> No effect at all, the dumping of the newly mined coins will make the price drop like it is doing now

*The halving doesn't increase the price
-Less coins will be mined but the price will remain stable
--> mining will no longer be profitable for anyone and the coin will die.

Ok, so just make the coin POS and problem solved.

Better yet, Get some exposure for this coin!

yes pure pos lol that sure won't make this coin a copy of a ton of other pos only shitcoins with no difference at all and drive the price down to zero, vtc was made to be uniqe , keep the mining going for the average joe and distribute the wealth evenly on a large user base i.e every gamer/pc user not the consolidated mining with big time companies that we are having now with btc/ltc , also innovate new features like sx and eventually be 3rd to bitcoin and litecoin .... through innovation not through cheating and tweaking the block chain for momentary gains then poof everything is gone because of the bad reputation the coin will gain from screwing with the block chain in such ways you and others are suggesting !

pure pos throws the very idea behind this very coin in the gutter and makes it lose it's "soul" period
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:03:24 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 04:59:54 PM by djnocide

Algo , block reward well those are small things and god knows if they help anything.

Well i personally havent contributed anything to the coin, few posts here and there, Just own a bunch of vert and mining it with 1 rig.

Question is what is a coin community? Some people mining and holding a coin and commenting in threads? If yes than not much is coming from this.
Partially the coin is owned by developers but in reality developers should just be the guys who started it. The main things and stuff initially comes from developers but thats it , cryptocoin should be something that community develops. But what can regular Joe do?

Lets take the vertcoin web example , well dev team could propose the general frame, but why not to make the vertcoin web as a community tool.
Something like wiki.  This is just one example all the things should be made keeping in mind that some frame is generated and then crowd can do something with it.  If we take bitcoin as an example then there are like thousands of communities doing/developing something on top of it.

So to sum up community should develop things and "The devs" should not be the only devs.
And as i said i personally haven't contributed anything (except 1 donation to this marketing campaign) , and i am probably not going to dig in to cryptography and shit ,   but if there were some tasks that more people could handle then most probably i would also contribute.

So anyone here could start something    

EDIT:
For example we could implement reward system.
1: Define a task
2: estimate a cost of task
3: collect the pot
4: who ever developes the solution gets the pot.

Ex: Vertcoin facebook ap  10k Vert,   Vertcoin DNS solution 10k Vert .. seriosly whatever sky is the limit and recourse is the world.
Or developers can also finance their own hours with community financing.

We have vertcoin market for that but i don't think it get enough exposure.
You have good points, devs aren't the only one that have to work on the coin, community have to create what they believe is necessary or at least useful to the coin.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:03:11 AM

I'm done answering to stupid newbies on this thread.

All I can say is, the halving isnt changed very verys soon, this coin is dead.

It won't, so GET OUT NOW !!!!

Also, you didn't answer to anything, you just claimed to be a god because you had 112 activity and claimed that we were newbies.

Would you like to make a bet, idiot? I'll get an escrow. Bet is 5 bitcoin.

I'll be that Vertcoin's price hits .0001 within the next 3 weeks.

It's complete fucking imbeciles like you WHaze, that make coins die. Open your mind, and youll that 20,000 vertcoin getting dumped on the exchanges everyday is whats causing the price to drop faster than a stone.

If you have 5000VTC lying around i'd buy for 0.0001 with escrow.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:39:48 AM

I dont have a longterm solution that would work for sure, if someone provides one we would prolly implement it...

I have some proposition, it seems this proposition is in the end:

Inflation model depending on level of adoption.

I will not publicly show this model yet, but PM sent - so please answer what is your opinion
zzzman20

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:34:01 AM

zzzman20,

Welcome, I noticed this is your first day posting here in vertcoin. Your input is considered. Thank you.

I've been watching :-p Vert is a great coin and the Dev's work hard, and thank you for working so hard by the way!

But, downtrend since the coin started... ouch. 4 years is too long for block halving.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:27:31 AM

Block the award in half = nothing

History .... Smartcoin

April 14, 2014 - new wallet block from 64 to 32 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555426.msg6206520#msg6206520

see April 14, 2014 - Difficulty - http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/smartcoin-difficulty-chart

see April 14, 2014 - Network Hashrate http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/smartcoin-network-hashrate-chart

everything falls by half
the equilibrium recovers and again began dump .... there are always people who sell .... maybe they do not pay electricity

maybe some people will draw conclusions and will change their opinions

P.S
We need something much more clever and spectacular to attract the attention of all miners and investors
WHaze

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:17:48 AM by WHaze

maybe some people will draw conclusions and will change their opinions

After arguing with them, i don't think they will change their mind, nor consider the possibility of changing their mind.

Those guys are hermetic to any form of logic. Everytime you try to demonstrate that the solution they propose may not work as they think, they change the subjet/call you names.

In all of their posts, the only thing they are able to tell is: ''too many coins are mined everyday, we have to change the block reward''.

But they are unable to explain why the number of mined coin is the problem (IMO the problem comes from general lack of interest in cryptos and therefore lack of buy pressure), also they can't explain why the block reward halving will do any good (IMO, it will create a small pump that will enable people to dump even more, then the price will fall again and the coin will have lost all credibility as the halving will be seen as a failed attempt to artificially manipulate the coin price).

IMO, those guys are either professional trolls, teenagers, or just brain dead. Either way arguing with them is a waste of time as they do not try to answer to your legitimate questions and just repeat over and over what they have already said a million time.

edit: after a quick search, it seems that our beloved darkota is not a newbie when it comes to spreading FUD and being a dumbass: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668484.msg7555460#msg7555460 (LTC) , https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661963.0 (LTC), https://bitcointa.lk/threads/doge-game-over.334704/page-2 (DOGE)

P.S
We need something much more clever and spectacular to attract the attention of all miners and investors

I totally agree, and I trust the dev team, they have already proven their hability to come up with innovative things.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:05:23 AM

I watched Maxcoin change their coin supply.

The price went up, holders dumped. The price went into a reverse.

If you reduce coin supply, it must be for a technological reason.

darkota just seems to be looking for a quick price fix to dump out.
pseudofx

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:06:14 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 12:21:07 PM by pseudofx

Their objective was quite clear in here. It was unfortunate it happened for this long. I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt and not come to conclusions so fast, but they really went overboard. Let's keep this a positive environment.
valsens

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:23:16 AM

hello vertans
first of all escuse my english

i've read and a i am reading this thread every day,  i'm mining and buy vertcoin at lest for three months and i didn't sell anything we sell will rise to the moon  Wink i believe he will  ,now i have to tell and  i something because i support vertcoin i think it has future .
we don't have to make changes for short term we have  to think long term .if do in short them like some sugested (ex: half reward  to rise the price ) i think alot will abandon the ship right when will achieve  a price to jump because maybe yhey don't believe in this coin.
we have great devs  they trying the best for this coin and othe has right until we have someting good almost i think 80%  we must wait.
some of us  are angry,but they know when i do investment  you can lose or win not always win .
i think we need publicity ,alot (marketing) ,PR   and make the vertpay work.

in this moment all coins are down  i think maybe investors are waiting to  see what coins are strong will survive and remain in game because are too many . we have to consolidait are community and coin to be unite .
vertcoin has something that others don't have great devs that are evolving  and i m glad they dont listen who is writeing 20,30 post to do somenthing  because he things he has write ,when you think you write you have to come with more explanisions,exemples .

another think we need miners if cut the reward now we will not atract  many miners with miners will rise and difficulty .

are many things to say....

most important now is marketing and vertpay  
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:10:15 PM

All the leading projects with some credibility should pool together to distribute articles on anonymity problems with litecoin, bitcoin, etc. Do it through one person who writes everything in generic terms not xmr is better than xyz.  When anonymity is on the radar as an issue, all related prices will go up, then you can start to distinguish differences.

This idea is nice, but the ongoing FUD campaigns inevitably breed distrust in the cross-community comparison. One needs to be understood and dealt with before the other. It would be interesting if it were revealed that no anonymous competition is behind this, but at this point it's not possible to tell. It's an effective campaign, and is recently losing ground IMO.

This thread is going out to all those who stand for Cryptos, whether it be Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Darkcoin, NXT, NEM or something else (sorry I didnt mention others!).

I for one am putting my foot down (with little no no authority here obviously) and standing up for all cryptos and also that get consistently bashed by trolls!

This post really made me make this thread (https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20452.0), and I would love to see community members across all isles band together and put a stop to the coin bashing.

Recently I have seen a significant increase in coin bashing from a few trolls, and as a community we need to put a stop to this and defend all cryptos that are trying their damnness to create something that will have a good alternative or possibly even replace fiat. We are all brothers and sisters in the same community, whether you realize this or not.

I am a Litecoin advocate and proud of it, but that doesnt mean I hate other cryptos. Rather I recognize that we are a family, and we are stronger when standing together.

As a side note and forewarning, this is also a self moderated thread to remove any trolls that come in here and spread the hate. For all I know they are NSA lackies that were hired to spread FUD (and before the tin foil hat posts go up, realize that the NSA had people playing WoW looking for terrorists rofl).

Suspicions noted: more than a few people think this is an idea worth spreading.

new thread, but bump
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 01:54:37 PM

sometimes the background image is not displayed when entering the site - Vertcoin.org

I'm using Mozilla Firefox ver=30.0
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:09:49 PM

I got in fairly recently and at low prices compared to a few months ago.

I was expecting LTC to suffer, miners would jump ship and head over to Vert. But it looks like LTC miners now are just switching off to save electricity.

Litecoin miners crossed on the X mining,specially  X 11 algorithm (due to savings of about 50% electricity).
rembrandtt

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

A quick read to this thread and reddit forum about different ideas and disagreement tells me that things will not move forward, at least not in the near future.  Bottom line is that vertcoin community and devs are afraid to make changes to current VTC situation.  This is a vey bad perception.

Nobody knows what's the right move.  I think devs should make a decision now to implement whatever idea seems most promising at the moment even with risk to MON.

At this point, it's better to do something than not do anything at all.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:50:52 PM

A quick read to this thread and reddit forum about different ideas and disagreement tells me that things will not move forward, at least not in the near future.  Bottom line is that vertcoin community and devs are afraid to make changes to current VTC situation.  This is a vey bad perception.

Nobody knows what's the right move.  I think devs should make a decision now to implement whatever idea seems most promising at the moment even with risk to MON.

At this point, it's better to do something than not do anything at all.

AMEN.... bro

Cu at 0.0001 guys. i am out
Kartoffelknilch

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 04:08:22 PM

Changing anything on Vertcoin - other than scrypt-n diff to eject asics - will result in a loss of trust in the coin.

And yes, i am a miner.
And yes, i am selling some of my coins to pay my bills.
Why? Simple!
I have no big financial background to live from and have to feed my family and pay my bills.

If there is anything changed on the coin with any other target than to get ridd of asics, i'll quit mining VTC.

If the "investors" can't handle it, well, get out of VTC and buy and sell other coins.

But i am pretty sure, most of us miners will just quit VTC and change to another coin if the devs would play with blockreward or anything just to push the price a bit.

And guess what a coin without miners is...
Pages: « 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: