Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:23:21 PM

At this point, it's better to do something than not do anything at all.

I bet you're a fan of the TSA too?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reinmar532

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:28:39 PM

@ Kartoffelknilch

There is nothing more to lose. Except 5% of our price everyday.
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:52:01 PM

Changing anything on Vertcoin - other than scrypt-n diff to eject asics - will result in a loss of trust in the coin.

And yes, i am a miner.
And yes, i am selling some of my coins to pay my bills.
Why? Simple!
I have no big financial background to live from and have to feed my family and pay my bills.

If there is anything changed on the coin with any other target than to get ridd of asics, i'll quit mining VTC.

If the "investors" can't handle it, well, get out of VTC and buy and sell other coins.

But i am pretty sure, most of us miners will just quit VTC and change to another coin if the devs would play with blockreward or anything just to push the price a bit.

And guess what a coin without miners is...

God clueless answers like this tilt me to no end. As you say you are a miner and you sell your VTC to whom do you think ?

Saying to potential buyer to "fuck off" is a good plan to bust this coin. You don't care about the coin you only care about ROI.

And just FYI, VTC is no longer profitable to mine so I don't know what bills you are paying now but if this trend keeps up, well you know.
javajeve

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

VERTCOIN IS DEAD. EVERYONE STOP MINING VTC AND BUY ALL THE VERTCOIN THEY IS AND DON'T SELL IT. AFTER ONE WEEK START MINING AGAIN AND VERTCOIN COMES ALIVE AGAIN !!!
rembrandtt

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

I don't get what you mean.  I am however a fan of vertcoin.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:12:16 PM

VERTCOIN IS DEAD. EVERYONE STOP MINING VTC AND BUY ALL THE VERTCOIN THEY IS AND DON'T SELL IT. AFTER ONE WEEK START MINING AGAIN AND VERTCOIN COMES ALIVE AGAIN !!!

hmmmm no,
1: you can't get everyone to stop mining at the same time
2: VTC need miners for the network to work properly
3: Multipools would rape the coin even more
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 06:23:57 PM

The difficulty is a major factor in the price, no one will sell if the difficulty is very high and the price is below the cost of electricity, then the price will go just up and up and UP

if I was a a large investor and If I had a lot of money, I'd invest in a large GPU farm for VertCoin

you ask Why?

if I do not have big Hash Power, and I just buy coins to invest ... I'm always at a loss, because there will always be people that will sell for a small profit .... maybe a beer

but if I have control over the difficulty, and buy it if the price will always be up and up

We need a big investor to invest in a big GPU farm for VertCoin

I already mining at a loss .... ie
money that can currently earn from vertcoin are less than the cost of my electricity
but I play on the long positions, I'll sell when I see a price of $ 10

a few weeks ago I invested more money on video cards, my friend asked me today .... what are you doing? why do you keep mining, I told him ..... you'll see .... things will change .... that's life there's always up and down

Silence
My 2 cent

javajeve

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:30:10 PM

The difficulty is a major factor in the price, no one will sell if the difficulty is very high and the price is below the cost of electricity, then the price will go just up and up and UP

if I was a a large investor and If I had a lot of money, I'd invest in a large GPU farm for VertCoin

you ask Why?

if I do not have big Hash Power, and I just buy coins to invest ... I'm always at a loss, because there will always be people that will sell for a small profit .... maybe a beer

but if I have control over the difficulty, and buy it if the price will always be up and up

money that can currently earn from vertcoin are less than the cost of my electricity

a few weeks ago I invested more money on video cards, my friend asked me today .... what are you doing? why do you keep mining, I told him ..... you'll see .... things will change .... that's life there's always up and down

http://i61.tinypic.com/21dkbc2.jpg

Silence
My 2 cent

All the money you spend all g-cards etc.. you could have  bought 1000's of vert coin and would have been ahead big time
that was a wrong move
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:34:13 PM

you ask Why?

Silence
My 2 cent

lol sorry but this is completely retarded. Epic in fact.

Buying a rig is probably ~1.5k for 500-600 kh/s of vertcoin. Buying vertcoin would have given you ~3k coin and mining it will almost never give you remotely close to this amount and you have to factor work + cost electricity.
rembrandtt

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:35:10 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 06:53:20 PM by rembrandtt

Changing anything on Vertcoin - other than scrypt-n diff to eject asics - will result in a loss of trust in the coin.

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!
I have no big financial background to live from and have to feed my family and pay my bills.

If there is anything changed on the coin with any other target than to get ridd of asics, i'll quit mining VTC.

If the "investors" can't handle it, well, get out of VTC and buy and sell other coins.

But i am pretty sure, most of us miners will just quit VTC and change to another coin if the devs would play with blockreward or anything just to push the price a bit.

Just to let you know, I do have some VTC but I already accept the loss and not hoping to get my money back so it's not about personal gain.  I'm making it up by mining other P&D coins.  I still however hope that VTC succeeds because of its noble intention to digital currency.

There are not enough VTC supporters.  VTC needs to reach out to new buyers.  Like I said earlier, the perception is not looking good.  Having a series of in-depth discussion then not take action means "there is a crisis and we don't know where to begin".  It is not instilling confidence to potential buyers or merchants.
javajeve

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:39:06 PM

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

Just to let you know, I do have some VTC but I already accept the loss and not hoping to get my money back so it's not able personal gain.  I'm making it up by mining other P&D coins.  I still however hope that VTC succeeds because of its noble intention to digital currency.

There are not enough VTC supporters.  VTC needs to reach out to new buyers.  Like I said earlier, the perception is not looking good.  Having a series of in-depth discussion then not take action means "there is a crisis and we don't know where to begin".  It is not instilling confidence to potential buyers or merchants.

What coins are u mining now? I was thinking of dumping VTC and mining other coins like you.
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

you ask Why?

Silence
My 2 cent

Nobody is going to invest large amounts unless there is some clarity in the direction. Everyone is in agreement that Vtc is a great coin. The devs have surprised me with with their resilience, I was worried that they would abandon the project or at the very least stop spending so much time on it when things began to go sideways. They didnt and they at the moment are Vert's strongest point. But everyone needs to come into agreement on whether to sit back and hope for the best, or implement dramatic changes. I cant offer any solutions on any tech changes.

source: Investor ready to get back into Vtc in a very substantial way but reluctant due to too much uncertainty.
styxical

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

I don't get what you mean.  I am however a fan of vertcoin.

That I have to explain it, I think, speaks for itself. You'd rather do something, without guarantee that it's the right thing to do, just to keep up the pretense that we are doing something (this is the TSA ethos Roll Eyes ). I'd much prefer that if we're going to do something, the devs make sure they are doing the right thing, instead of just doing whatever any random person says.

For example, shark bite modification - that idea was started in this thread (by a random person), and clearly the devs have been playing with it. It looks like a good idea and it could help with some of our problem. People advocating for slashing block rewards have NO IDEA if it will help or not, and there is lots of evidence to suggest that it will not help.
Kartoffelknilch

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:00:21 PM

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

God clueless answers like this tilt me to no end. As you say you are a miner and you sell your VTC to whom do you think ?

Saying to potential buyer to "fuck off" is a good plan to bust this coin. You don't care about the coin you only care about ROI.

And just FYI, VTC is no longer profitable to mine so I don't know what bills you are paying now but if this trend keeps up, well you know.
Yes... i am just a clueless miner and that's the reason i am mining VTC and not DRK or anything else... Roll Eyes
I am not saying "fuck off" to potential buyers, i say "shut up" and "stop being greedy" to self-appointed "investors" and "crypto gurus".

And just FYI, if VTC would be no longer profitable for me, i would mine on for another 1-2 month and put away my VTC and will just wait till it is profitable again.
And my bills are getting payed not only from VTC you know... its called "work", you should try it out some day...

In my realm VTC is called "future investment" because fiat is just a deadend.
Any coin with asics/fpga is just for the big money to make even more money. VTC is the best opportunity for a down-market to get accepted.

Golden rule #1: Never gamble with money you need for a reasonable subsistence!

If you mess with rule No. 1 you deserve a swift kick to your nuts!

Golden rule #2: Greed eats brain!
WHaze

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:06:32 PM

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

Yes... i am just a clueless miner and that's the reason i am mining VTC and not DRK or anything else... Roll Eyes
I am not saying "fuck off" to potential buyers, i say "shut up" and "stop being greedy" to self-appointed "investors" and "crypto gurus".

And just FYI, if VTC would be no longer profitable for me, i would mine on for another 1-2 month and put away my VTC and will just wait till it is profitable again.
And my bills are getting payed not only from VTC you know... its called "work", you should try it out some day...

Any coin with asics/fpga is just for the big money to make even more money. VTC is the best opportunity for a down-market to get accepted.

Amen to that brother !

Anyway, only 3 guys want to halve the block reward: Mig, Jiggy and Darkota

Only 3 fuckers...but they make a lot of noise because they fear for their investment.  Poor babies, i'm gonna cwyyyy.

Seriously, guys, grow some balls, it's ridiculous to compromise the coin just for you to get back your investment quickly.
styxical

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:13:05 PM

The only way we could consider halving is if we gave lots of advanced notice of the updated halving schedule. Something like halve after one year + go to smooth scaling block reward. Even that seems shady though. Faster halving won't help if there is still no demand for the coin.
WHaze

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:16:50 PM

The only way we could consider halving is if we gave lots of advanced notice of the updated halving schedule. Something like halve after one year + go to smooth scaling block reward. Even that seems shady though. Faster halving won't help if there is still no demand for the coin.

The only way to even consider halving would be to be sure that it would help the coin long term and not just result in a pump.

And, there are no proofs of that. On the contrary, coins that did this had a pump then dived.

The only real answer is DEMAND ! As I stated before, price is not made by the block reward but by offer and demand !

Even if we halve, if there's no demand, the price will dive even more.

The only thing we can do for now is to advertise...but right now is a bad time for cryptos. Every coin is diving, not only VTC.

We must advertise actively and wait for the general atmosphere in cryptos to be a little better. Also, summer is always a low period for cryptos.
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:17:28 PM

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

Amen to that brother !

Only 3 fuckers...but they make a lot of noise because they fear for their investment.  Poor babies, i'm gonna cwyyyy.

Seriously, guys, grow some balls, it's ridiculous to compromise the coin just for you to get back your investment quickly.

Stop it. Its not just 3 people. This thread is not the be all end all. Only 7-10 post here regularly. The discussion is going on in other places too.
WHaze

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:22:15 PM

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

Amen to that brother !

Stop it. Its not just 3 people. This thread is not the be all end all. Only 7-10 post here regularly. The discussion is going on in other places too.

Of course there are more than 3 people. But those particular 3 are nasty as fuck, they are pests. No arguments, nothing but name calling.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 08:03:08 PM by Jiggy0001

And yes, i am a miner.
Why? Simple!

Amen to that brother !

Of course there are more than 3 people. But those particular 3 are nasty as fuck, they are pests. No arguments, nothing but name calling.
poor poor boy....
Pages: « 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: