Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:42:39 AM

It's obviously a combination of the two, yes. When people are in the red on their investments they react negatively - there is a synergy when the value is dropping and a synergy when the value is rising. My point is that it makes no sense to come in here with a bad attitude and create panic (unless that is the goal) - if you are invested in a currency then, just like any other investment, you should do everything you can to contribute positively and lead a rebound. In the altcoin world everything is amplified because people are on edge - people are losing - move the meter an inch and the masses react as if it were a mile. The point is that a good trader can recognize these situations, learn from historical data, and profit greatly from it. I mention Dollar-Cost Averaging not to sound like a half-rate Ameriprise accountant but to reference a basic concept that so few people in the altcoin world seem to grasp. For the few of you that haven't really thought about it, here is an example of why it's such a critical concept for both savvy investors and emotional traders alike:

Let's say you made the following buys over the past 2 months:

May 14th, VTC @ 0.003: 1 BTC -> 333 VTC
May 20th, VTC @ 0.002: 1 BTC -> 500 VTC
June 10th, VTC @ 0.001: 1 BTC -> 1000 VTC
July 7th, VTC @ 0.0005: 1 BTC -> 2000 VTC
July 14th, VTC @ 0.00044: 1 BTC -> 2272 VTC

So you spent 5 BTC total over the past 2 months on VTC at a peak of 0.003 (the highest the price has been in months) and a low of 0.00044 (the current price). This is investing 101 for buy-and-hold people... but even for inexperienced emotional investors DCA is a powerful tool because it makes you realize the situation isn't as horrible as it feels. In the above example, you would have acquired 6105 VTC for 5 BTC or 1221 VTC per bitcoin. Despite buying at a peak of nearly 7 times the current price, your total purchase price is now averaged out to 0.00081; this means that when VTC recovers to even 0.001, a price we were all disgusted by just a couple short weeks ago, your investment would be worth 25% more than what you invested (over a full bitcoin). I'm not saying that means 0.001 would be a good time to dump and get out (unless that's what you need to do) but suddenly a suffocating situation doesn't look so bad.

I realize this is basic stuff and most of you likely won't get much out of it but we are in a market filled with emotional investors - we need more logical investors to help stabilize this thing. If we ever intend to create an actual economy for these altcoins beyond just speculation, stability is extremely important. When finances are involved, emotions run high - as a business owner, an investor, and even a family man I understand that - but the emotional component is not productive. We need people to take action - spread the word - start marketing and building a positive community - quit complaining and do something. Inaction will get you nowhere... complaining just brings down morale and destroys motivation - just because this is a world dominated by immature investors does not mean everybody needs to lower themselves down to the level of the majority of the field.

Sucking the air out of the room means everybody drops to the floor - if we can't remain motivated, positive, and productive how can we expect everyone else to do it? Positive environments result in positive outcomes - this is a community here, guys - people need to work together, start doing some grass roots marketing, start creating - nobody wants to invest in something if it's surrounding with negative whiners who contribute nothing but demand everything. Without a great community, at this stage, what's the point? I've been mining VTC for months and I've been buying it steadily for 2 months. If I lose everything I put into it, life goes on - I won't lose much sleep over it. However, whether it lives or dies, VTC has carved out it's place in the history books and paved the way for a number of innovations - it would be unfortunate to see a quality coin with fair distribution fall apart because its own community burned it to the ground. This market shifts on a dime and it's amazing how much of an impact this thread, right here on this FUD-filled forum, has on the price.

There are some great things going on here - highlight them and build on them; take advantage of the situation. You mention we can't believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme - why? Honestly - why? In the grand scheme of things, we don't have a lot of time on this earth - why waste it by obsessing over things that don't really matter in the big picture. If you can't spin something into a positive you aren't trying hard enough. This is just money, it's not over, and even if you choose to give up and exit in the red you will earn more money, spend more money - as long as you never invested money you couldn't afford to lose, life goes on. Unless you have a bookie that is going to break your legs or something... suck it up and move forward. We have the power to start moving the meter in the right direction right now - we need to change the tone of this discussion and start deciding what we're going to do, collectively and individually, to flip the trend. Even if all you care about is the price... the community primarily drives the price. Nobody wants to buy into something when they're unsure if it's found the bottom - who cares? This isn't the stock market - we don't need to rely on quarterly earnings, projections, business models, and board members - it's a low-volume spec commodity market - every single person can have a noticeable impact on value. If people start thinking logically, we don't need to wonder when we will hit the bottom because this will be the bottom - it's really that simple.

People predicting prices are often creating the price via their very prediction - this entire market is dominated by inexperienced, immature, and emotional traders. Most will learn and improve and grow as they go but right now people need to step up. Remember: you don't lose money until you sell lower than you bought.

I am glad to see your post too.  I think it is a timely message for those who are getting Vertcoins as an investment - be it for the short term or for the longer term.   There are many people, especially 'the investors' who lost a lot of money here.  They bought Vertcoins at a high price, believing in the great Vertcoin story and that the price would be stable and grow over time.  The money they put in could be part of their fund for education, housing, marriage or something important to their life.  When they see their investment came crashing down, they feel great pain and at a loss.  After all, it may mean losing their education, housing etc.  I can understand some of them could not control their emotions and vented out.   They may not be FUD'ing per se but really expressing their desperation for help.  To overcome the emotional stress of a volatile market, one really need to only invest in an amount that he/she can spare to lose completely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkAGeS

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:28:24 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:23:33 PM by DarkAGeS

guys, I think problem is not in block reward - it is the same for all the time before.
And vtc always was on first places among scrypt-n coins by profitability, so multipools dumped it all the time.
I think we lost buy support. Everybody who wanted vtc - bought them and just don't buy more, being over-cautious, looking at situation.
Sell pressure remains unchanged - multipools just don't care.
So price now supported only by faithful verters which just decreases their middle buy price (as I do)
vtc goes to exe price - this coins have similar technical characteristics.
ok, vtc as first coin can be 10x expensive then exe, so price goes to 10k...
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:59:31 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:13:08 PM by Jiggy0001

it is good to see that there are still people around being honest.

VTC and most of the other coins don't have buy support from outside the crypto world, maybe a small amount, but not the main part. Those guys making fun of "investors" must be stupid as shit, when they write their comments. Who do you think you are making interested investors pissed? Get your 5btc together and f**** off

I was an investor holding thousands of VTC and i didnt invest only one time at the peak and for the rest of the time watching my money melt.

I have been constantly buying down to 0.0005... but from what i have read here in the past couple of days mentioning my concerns was just revealing a lot of ignorance.

Sitting here and hoping for a turn around is simply naive. We, the "investors" were the ones who constantly put buy pressure on the market even though the trend was obviously heading DOWN.

It is the open market where an idea is being presented and attracts money, but in the end i am not here to argue with brainless individuals who don't get the economical basics and at the same time cursing people.

As long as VTC is not attractive to businesses the sell pressure will still putting the price down. So why the hell should halving the reward not help?

We don't need so much coins everyday now!!!! If there could be an algo that watches the sells and buys on the market, it would be great. We curse fiat, but at the same time  we print money like crazy and flood the market...

Some miners here were also saying that they are mining VTC for only one reason... paying their bills! So what else should be the result then?

When is saw they price approaching 0.001 i was acting and yelling,but some smart brains here just kept saying "trolling, fudding", blablabla...
I also said that this is a magical threshold and the value will drop to 0.0005 like a rock even with SX coming out.

The only thing that can save the coin, and i am really interested in this, is to cut the reward, because otherwise the development can not keep up with the decreasing interest in the coin.

scrypt-n is not interesting anymore, too. so first of all you have to be attractive to the crypto investors(not day trader), otherwise you will not be able to shine outside.

And to the one who said that people spend their "last money" on VTC are crying now... thats not true. I spent the money that i was willing to loose, but right now i see 0.0001 approaching very quick, so WHY the hell shall i stick to it NOW, when i could trade with the money that is still left in VTC? Smart decisions have to be made and i am not saying that i hate VTC, i went trough all of the P&Ds and was sure someday this great idea and professional dev will prove all those short term trolls wrong.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:21:52 PM

VTC and most of the other coins don't have buy support from outside the crypto world, maybe a small amount, but not the main part. Those guys making fun of "investors" must be stupid as shit, when they write their comments. Who do you think you are making interested investors pissed? Get your 5btc together and f**** off

I was an investor holding thousands of VTC and i didnt invest only one time at the peak and for the rest of the time watching my money melt.

I have been constantly buying down to 0.0005... but from what i have read here in the past couple of days mentioning my concerns was just revealing a lot of ignorance.

Sitting here and hoping for a turn around is simply naive. We, the "investors" were the ones who constantly put buy pressure on the market even though the trend was obviously heading DOWN.

It is the open market where an idea is being presented and attracts money, but in the end i am not here to argue with brainless individuals who don't get the economical basics and at the same time cursing people.

As long as VTC is not attractive to businesses the sell pressure will still putting the price down. So why the hell should halving the reward not help?

We don't need so much coins everyday now!!!! If there could be an algo that watches the sells and buys on the market, it would be great. We curse fiat, but at the same time  we print money like crazy and flood the market...

Some miners here were also saying that they are mining VTC for only one reason... paying their bills! So what else should be the result then?

When is saw they price approaching 0.001 i was acting and yelling,but some smart brains here just kept saying "trolling, fudding", blablabla...
I also said that this is a magical threshold and the value will drop to 0.0005 like a rock even with SX coming out.

The only thing that can save the coin, and i am really interested in this, is to cut the reward, because otherwise the development can not keep up with the decreasing interest in the coin.

scrypt-n is not interesting anymore, too. so first of all you have to be attractive to the crypto investors(not day trader), otherwise you will not be able to shine outside.

And to the one who said that people spend their "last money" on VTC are crying now... thats not true. I spent the money that i was willing to loose, but right now i see 0.0001 approaching very quick, so WHY the hell shall i stick to it NOW, when i could trade with the money that is still left in VTC? Smart decisions have to be made and i am not saying that i hate VTC, i went trough all of the P&Ds and was sure someday this great idea and professional dev will prove all those short term trolls wrong.

Man, I thought you left after you proudly proclaimed you dumped all your coins and you'd be back at 0.0001 (we're not there yet, btw). Wishful thinking, obviously. Also, why do you randomly capitalize half of your sentences? You only capitalize the important ones?
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:33:01 PM

We don't need so much coins everyday now!!!! If there could be an algo that watches the sells and buys on the market, it would be great. We curse fiat, but at the same time  we print money like crazy and flood the market...

Man, I thought you left after you proudly proclaimed you dumped all your coins and you'd be back at 0.0001 (we're not there yet, btw). Wishful thinking, obviously. Also, why do you randomly capitalize half of your sentences? You only capitalize the important ones?

you better stop thinking...this may cause serious damage to a lot of people
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:36:04 PM

you better stop thinking...this may cause serious damage to a lot of people

Welp, at least we have the troll community on our side...Jiggy0001 and I are here to stay Tongue
ExtraSpecialBitter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:59:41 PM

I'm from the XBC community and completely understand your frustrations.   We are a small community with just under 56000 coins and just trying build confidence back up in the coin and increase our numbers.  I wish you guys success!
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:09:48 PM

I'm from the XBC community and completely understand your frustrations.   We are a small community with just under 56000 coins and just trying build confidence back up in the coin and increase our numbers.  I wish you guys success!

This is the kind of thing CC need, people from different community wish good luck to each other no FUD or troll. Only people working in the same direction.
deky_

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

Does FUD and flame cause price to fall?

or

Does a falling price cause FUD and flame?

It really isn't as simple as either one. It's a chicken or the egg argument. They are intimately connected, very symbiotic. When things are going good, everything builds together, and when things are going bad, we get reinforcing downward spirals - what is sometimes called the "snowball effect".

Oh, if life were only so simple that we could really believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme.  Sad

It's obviously a combination of the two, yes. When people are in the red on their investments they react negatively - there is a synergy when the value is dropping and a synergy when the value is rising. My point is that it makes no sense to come in here with a bad attitude and create panic (unless that is the goal) - if you are invested in a currency then, just like any other investment, you should do everything you can to contribute positively and lead a rebound. In the altcoin world everything is amplified because people are on edge - people are losing - move the meter an inch and the masses react as if it were a mile. The point is that a good trader can recognize these situations, learn from historical data, and profit greatly from it. I mention Dollar-Cost Averaging not to sound like a half-rate Ameriprise accountant but to reference a basic concept that so few people in the altcoin world seem to grasp. For the few of you that haven't really thought about it, here is an example of why it's such a critical concept for both savvy investors and emotional traders alike:

Let's say you made the following buys over the past 2 months:

May 14th, VTC @ 0.003: 1 BTC -> 333 VTC
May 20th, VTC @ 0.002: 1 BTC -> 500 VTC
June 10th, VTC @ 0.001: 1 BTC -> 1000 VTC
July 7th, VTC @ 0.0005: 1 BTC -> 2000 VTC
July 14th, VTC @ 0.00044: 1 BTC -> 2272 VTC

So you spent 5 BTC total over the past 2 months on VTC at a peak of 0.003 (the highest the price has been in months) and a low of 0.00044 (the current price). This is investing 101 for buy-and-hold people... but even for inexperienced emotional investors DCA is a powerful tool because it makes you realize the situation isn't as horrible as it feels. In the above example, you would have acquired 6105 VTC for 5 BTC or 1221 VTC per bitcoin. Despite buying at a peak of nearly 7 times the current price, your total purchase price is now averaged out to 0.00081; this means that when VTC recovers to even 0.001, a price we were all disgusted by just a couple short weeks ago, your investment would be worth 25% more than what you invested (over a full bitcoin). I'm not saying that means 0.001 would be a good time to dump and get out (unless that's what you need to do) but suddenly a suffocating situation doesn't look so bad.

I realize this is basic stuff and most of you likely won't get much out of it but we are in a market filled with emotional investors - we need more logical investors to help stabilize this thing. If we ever intend to create an actual economy for these altcoins beyond just speculation, stability is extremely important. When finances are involved, emotions run high - as a business owner, an investor, and even a family man I understand that - but the emotional component is not productive. We need people to take action - spread the word - start marketing and building a positive community - quit complaining and do something. Inaction will get you nowhere... complaining just brings down morale and destroys motivation - just because this is a world dominated by immature investors does not mean everybody needs to lower themselves down to the level of the majority of the field.

Sucking the air out of the room means everybody drops to the floor - if we can't remain motivated, positive, and productive how can we expect everyone else to do it? Positive environments result in positive outcomes - this is a community here, guys - people need to work together, start doing some grass roots marketing, start creating - nobody wants to invest in something if it's surrounding with negative whiners who contribute nothing but demand everything. Without a great community, at this stage, what's the point? I've been mining VTC for months and I've been buying it steadily for 2 months. If I lose everything I put into it, life goes on - I won't lose much sleep over it. However, whether it lives or dies, VTC has carved out it's place in the history books and paved the way for a number of innovations - it would be unfortunate to see a quality coin with fair distribution fall apart because its own community burned it to the ground. This market shifts on a dime and it's amazing how much of an impact this thread, right here on this FUD-filled forum, has on the price.

There are some great things going on here - highlight them and build on them; take advantage of the situation. You mention we can't believe in the "don't worry, be happy" meme - why? Honestly - why? In the grand scheme of things, we don't have a lot of time on this earth - why waste it by obsessing over things that don't really matter in the big picture. If you can't spin something into a positive you aren't trying hard enough. This is just money, it's not over, and even if you choose to give up and exit in the red you will earn more money, spend more money - as long as you never invested money you couldn't afford to lose, life goes on. Unless you have a bookie that is going to break your legs or something... suck it up and move forward. We have the power to start moving the meter in the right direction right now - we need to change the tone of this discussion and start deciding what we're going to do, collectively and individually, to flip the trend. Even if all you care about is the price... the community primarily drives the price. Nobody wants to buy into something when they're unsure if it's found the bottom - who cares? This isn't the stock market - we don't need to rely on quarterly earnings, projections, business models, and board members - it's a low-volume spec commodity market - every single person can have a noticeable impact on value. If people start thinking logically, we don't need to wonder when we will hit the bottom because this will be the bottom - it's really that simple.

People predicting prices are often creating the price via their very prediction - this entire market is dominated by inexperienced, immature, and emotional traders. Most will learn and improve and grow as they go but right now people need to step up. Remember: you don't lose money until you sell lower than you bought.

Words of wisdom  Wink

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:34:15 PM

VTC will come back! I´m buyin every now and then some verts.
It´s a great opportunity to gain some longterm coins with huge potential Wink
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

Crazy crazy times.

To steal a bit of SW we're smack in the middle of "The Clone Wars". We have many different coins based of many different variations of the BTC code base. As many know and have mentioned most of these coins are strictly a cash grab or a scam. Others are simple changes from a popular code which have garnered the attention of pump and dumpers. These coins will skyrocket up the market cap charts and just as quickly as they went up they come crashing back down.

Very few coins have the potential to survive the clone coin wars. These coins have also been pumped and dumped, FUD has been tossed around, hope has been lost and gained again and at the end of the day they survive. It's not going to be an easy ride, if you watch things too closely you'll feel the growing pains but throughout all of the obstacles thrown their way they overcome.

Now everyone take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale and try to understand were not backing a short term coin which will see fantastic pump and dumps. We're backing a professional coin which will continue to get better while others simply don't have the ability or dedication to do so. Our dev team has already exceeded all of my wildest dreams for what a cc should be. As a programmer I'm exceptionally impressed with how the dev team plans, tests, implements and maintains the VTC project. I'd be proud to have them on my team and I'm sure any project out there would be so much better for it.

Please stop asking them to fix the price. That's not what we're about right now. You don't build a great foundation and then toss it all away to temporarily bump the price. If you have faith in the coin, the community and the developers start working on making it better. This doesn't include complaining about it on any venue that will listen. I'm not always successful but when I read a post that is spreading FUD I do my best to ignore it. You'll never convince someone spreading FUD that it's FUD. Either because 1) they don't get it and never will, or 2) they do get it and are strictly there to troll.

Lets focus on the positive. Let's get the word out and don't forget to take a deep breath once in a while. VTC is not short term. It's long term.

Just so you know I feel everyone's pain I currently have 11k VTC mined and purchased from 009 - 0004. If I were to sell today I'd be down a substantial amount of time, effort and money. However I'm not so I'm not down anything. In fact at these prices I have the potential to be up that much faster.
vertuous

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:29:11 PM

Everyone forgive me. I am still wet behind the ears to this whole new world of cryptocurrencies. Everyday I am reading forums and watching videos on youtube trying to learn more about cryptos. I dont think there is a better coin anywhere. If there was, I would probably be mining that. I have invested a lot of money in my mining rig, and Purchased when cost of the cards were high. Mining VTC makes my living room so senselessly HOT!!!!! Regardless of the current "low value" of the coin, i keep mining. I have kept every coin that I have ever mined. I will keep on mining because I see these DEVS working their behinds off. We have original, cutting edge development in the VTC ecosystem that has not been implemented anywhere else. AMAZING! It really made me scratch my head when the value kept on crashing. I thought for sure "THIS IS IT!!! We'll be worth more per coin than lite coin in just a matter of days!" Its sad to see flaming and trolling Stifling the coin and all this ground breaking innovation that has been invested and implemented in this coin.   I think people who pump and dump VTC don't know better. They don't understand the long term potential of what this WILL BE. To all the complainers here goes my "two VTC"

THE DEVS ARE DOING THEIR JOB. Our job is to just STOP COMPLAINING and Positively promote VTC by word of mouth and all over Social media.

Regardless of what it might look like right now.... I BELIEVE in VTC with all my HEART (yes HEART) I know that I know that I know VTC will 100% rise in value higher than it ever was before and we will surpass even litecoin in value and no one can tell me other wise. I dare say it but its true I LOVE VTC!
rontz

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:34:10 PM

I don't know but i've been told
Vert is best cc in the world.

No pain, no gain Cheesy
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:43:53 PM

Notice to community
How many programmers are vertcoin supporters?

I'm currently looking to set up a initially not-for-profit project itself, that has its end goal of greatly increasing the value of Vertcoin.

I need PHP/MySQL/HTML5/jQuery savvy people to help with the system. I also need networking contacts in various industries.

I have a big project in mind for us, so there is plenty of work - that unfortunately I don't have the time myself to allocate to, so I'm asking for support.

No commitments or contracts or promises. Just PM me with ideally some proof of your skillset/experience and an amount of time/period you are happy to commit.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:09:48 PM

Some people may have confused verTcoin with verIcoin LOL

Those panic sellers who didn't take time to read properly must feel really bad right now.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aljgd/officialpsa_we_are_vertcoin/

thanks to all who brought down the price
I bought a cheap coins friends  Grin

This is so funny. rotfl.

there are so many stupid people. thank god.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:13:39 PM

Those panic sellers who didn't take time to read properly must feel really bad right now.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aljgd/officialpsa_we_are_vertcoin/

This is so funny. rotfl.

Confusing Vertcoin with Vericoin , some people should stay away from crypto.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

This is so funny. rotfl.

Confusing Vertcoin with Vericoin , some people should stay away from crypto.

No. Why would you say that? Please, please, please, we need more people like this.

And they said crypto wasn't a get rich quick scheme? Fools, may they forever exist.
krileayn

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:03:02 PM

Well it's been interesting reading all the recent posts and inflamed emotions.
I'm not an expert on cryptos and got into mining recently more as a hobby, yes I've invested some money but it's money I can afford to lose.

I would just want to show my support to the devs, who I feel have really demonstrated their commitment to the development of vertcoin.
Some great new features have been added recently, but people are looking for immediate pay back. I am not a programmer and not an economist but I think the most important thing is to focus on building a Great Product. I'm in Vertcoin for the long haul because the developers have proved their commitment even during these tough times.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:34:40 AM

If you look through the top 30 addresses

only 2 have decreased - 16 and 29

Rest are stable holding - or accumulating at cheap values

Accumulating at these low prices is the best strategy

also refer to the comment on DCA - buy regularly and average your costs (price plunge is actually a positive)

I am going to keep this short and straight forward as possible as I can:

-We lost many of our key investors due to a flame war that happened back in end of May.
-Our volume was decreasing overtime during bitcoin's all time low this year.
-An exponential rise of another coin took the spot light and started a trend during bitcoin's low.
-Bitcoin rises again, vertcoin value decreases, but vertcoin remained around a $1 USD.
-FUD and flame threads/post over the course of the time. And it is still happening till this day!

There is far much more to it, but these are some of the important factors that contributed to the downhill of vertcoin. With all that happening despite with new releases coming out for vertcoin, it was the perfect moment to get out. If you look at the top 100 address for vertcoin, you will see that a lot of the addresses have changed dramatically. There were a chunk of addresses in the top 100 from back in January, February, and March. Look at it now, you won't see that many. It is unfortunate all this had to happen because of flame wars like these post kept occurring. If you want these investors back, the community is going to have to earn it. Rebuild and refocus on vertcoin reputation with good intentions and positivity. Continue with FUD and flame post, and you will further hurt vertcoin.

Here is one address that you can look into:
http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/VwoM5A7us6vd9yCyoBN32JrDmdPnLVBDnU

Use these links to connect some of the dots:
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vertcoin/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-vertcoin-addresses.html

While I agree with you that the community could use some better positive attitude, anyone making trades based on being insulted on a forum is not someone to depend on in the first place. If you go run and sell your coins every time you have a bad day you're going to lose. I say this as having been a successful btc/usd trader before I got into vertcoin.

--

--
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:27:53 AM

you are 100% on to it here.

And this low price is a bonus - just keep topping up regularly as it goes down. When it goes up - as it inevitably will on the next BTC/LTC spikes your profit will be x10 not x2.

VTC will be a survivor of these clone wars as you put it.

Its important to keep focus on the long term during the journey THROUGH the Valley of Death.  We just passing thru - not staying thanks.....

Keep your eye on this #1 Richest Vertcoin Address

since mid June this address has gone from 150K VTC to almost 500K VTC - and buy rate increasing lately. No sells since mid April - and no sells of any significance.

http://bitinfocharts.com/vertcoin/address/Vjf6QRCF1AsaMUeGBpN8ZtN2z2htiGkZXr

Can you guess the strategy?

Crazy crazy times.

To steal a bit of SW we're smack in the middle of "The Clone Wars". We have many different coins based of many different variations of the BTC code base. As many know and have mentioned most of these coins are strictly a cash grab or a scam. Others are simple changes from a popular code which have garnered the attention of pump and dumpers. These coins will skyrocket up the market cap charts and just as quickly as they went up they come crashing back down.

Very few coins have the potential to survive the clone coin wars. These coins have also been pumped and dumped, FUD has been tossed around, hope has been lost and gained again and at the end of the day they survive. It's not going to be an easy ride, if you watch things too closely you'll feel the growing pains but throughout all of the obstacles thrown their way they overcome.

Now everyone take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale and try to understand were not backing a short term coin which will see fantastic pump and dumps. We're backing a professional coin which will continue to get better while others simply don't have the ability or dedication to do so. Our dev team has already exceeded all of my wildest dreams for what a cc should be. As a programmer I'm exceptionally impressed with how the dev team plans, tests, implements and maintains the VTC project. I'd be proud to have them on my team and I'm sure any project out there would be so much better for it.

Please stop asking them to fix the price. That's not what we're about right now. You don't build a great foundation and then toss it all away to temporarily bump the price. If you have faith in the coin, the community and the developers start working on making it better. This doesn't include complaining about it on any venue that will listen. I'm not always successful but when I read a post that is spreading FUD I do my best to ignore it. You'll never convince someone spreading FUD that it's FUD. Either because 1) they don't get it and never will, or 2) they do get it and are strictly there to troll.

Lets focus on the positive. Let's get the word out and don't forget to take a deep breath once in a while. VTC is not short term. It's long term.

Just so you know I feel everyone's pain I currently have 11k VTC mined and purchased from 009 - 0004. If I were to sell today I'd be down a substantial amount of time, effort and money. However I'm not so I'm not down anything. In fact at these prices I have the potential to be up that much faster.

--

--
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: