Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:41:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:24:43 PM

Buyers cryps lowww..
Place some buyorder then Smiley

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:40:55 PM

If DGB solves this problem, then why don't we invite everyone invested in XBT,BTC,Bitcoin in here and advertise on this to circumvent BTC's issue?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3a0n4m/why_upgrade_to_8mb_but_not_20mb/
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:50:07 PM

Buyers cryps lowww..
Place some buyorder then Smiley

I'll do my best some trading/scam coins shake out to early, profit stays low.

EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:56:02 PM

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

What are you trying over here?
Video by EPLDCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ct9mqmukw
Video by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl98iqScsio

Digibyte just released the Gaming wallet and as you all know there is more to come.
The mass is not ready for cryptocurrency in general,Digibyte is preparing to be ready for the masses,Not something thats done within 1 week and i'm sure you know this already.

Yes I understand evolution takes time. I just installed the Digibit Wallet, it's much better and faster than the core wallet in my opinion. However I am a noob when it comes to Digibyte, I don't even know the difference between a core wallet, a gaming wallet and the Digibit wallet. Anywayz the Digibit wallet looks exactly like the Multibit wallet so that looks pretty familiar  Smiley. Thanks for the video btw, looked for an instruction video before but couldn't find it.

The core wallet (DigiByte-QT) is a fully validating wallet.  It works as a DigiByte Node.  It validates transactions and blocks and works to provide a foundation for the DGB network.  The user wallet client features (send receive and manage) is just part of the function.

The mobile wallets don't act as full nodes.  Earlier this year DGB released a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android.  I currently use the mobile wallet for iOS in addition to running a couple of different Digibyte-QT wallets.  

The DGB Gaming wallet is the newest ... just released in the Google Play store and as a Chrome Extension ... and soon to be released in iOS and (I think) as a desktop client.  The DGB Gmaing wallet has a few features that the current mobile wallet doesn't have ... but, in effect, it's sort of the next generation of the existing mobile wallets.  

You should use whatever wallet you like the best.  And, always feel free to ask any questions you have.  We're always happy to help.  
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

ShapeShift.io and Coinomi.com have teamed-up to allow for instant altcoin exchanges within Coinomi's multi-coin, universal wallet! You can now buy or sell DigiByte with multiple altcoins without leaving your wallet.

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

EPLDCC

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:17:20 PM

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful, I wonder though first of all if I use the core wallet, do I get PoS coins? Also I wonder why the Gaming Wallet is called a Gaming Wallet. Also just an idea, a Digibyte market place in the future maybe could be a good idea, kinda like Ebay and Amazon but then for Digibyte. Forgive me my curiosity, I am not very long into crypto and the more I dive into it the more fascinating I think it is. The developments that are going on right now surrounding Digibyte I think is fascinating. You guys are writing history, perhaps in 500 years time next to Satoshi Jared will be known as one of the founders of a new money system, wish there is something I could do to help/get involved Smiley

You are already involved.  Welcome.  As you continue to contribute to our community and discussion - as you continue to learn about and engage with DGB ... you're doing your part to get involved.

A couple of answers to your questions ... the Gaming Wallet is the first phase of a larger Digibyte Gaming project.  It will be rolled out in phases in the coming months.  It's an exciting project.  If you want a little bit more info there's a working draft of a press release on the Digibyte Group website here:  https://digibytegroup.com/project-155/

A marketplace is a good idea ... complicated in some ways ... simple in others ... it will happen ... sort of already happening organically ... personally, I'd like to see us set up a "DGB garage sale" forum in the official forum.  Just a place where users can list stuff that they're willing to sell for DGB.  I for instance have some spare computer parts (i.e. an unused ASUS motherboard that I bought last year).  I bet lots of people have a few things that they could list for trade ...
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

This is awesome!
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114592/ledger-hardware-wallet-integrates-biometric-authentication

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 10:07:25 PM

https://youtu.be/ZT26y_l-jtI

the first part sounds very familiar dont you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDyhKOjNKM

Huh Roll Eyes

Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:30:47 PM

Huh Roll Eyes
Damn does indeed sound very similar to eachother, although the dgb one looks and sounds better Tongue
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:24:09 PM

Does the Digibyte core wallet stake?

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

What are you trying over here?
Video by EPLDCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ct9mqmukw
Video by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl98iqScsio

Digibyte just released the Gaming wallet and as you all know there is more to come.
The mass is not ready for cryptocurrency in general,Digibyte is preparing to be ready for the masses,Not something thats done within 1 week and i'm sure you know this already.

Yes I understand evolution takes time. I just installed the Digibit Wallet, it's much better and faster than the core wallet in my opinion. However I am a noob when it comes to Digibyte, I don't even know the difference between a core wallet, a gaming wallet and the Digibit wallet. Anywayz the Digibit wallet looks exactly like the Multibit wallet so that looks pretty familiar  Smiley. Thanks for the video btw, looked for an instruction video before but couldn't find it.

The core wallet (DigiByte-QT) is a fully validating wallet.  It works as a DigiByte Node.  It validates transactions and blocks and works to provide a foundation for the DGB network.  The user wallet client features (send receive and manage) is just part of the function.

The mobile wallets don't act as full nodes.  Earlier this year DGB released a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android.  I currently use the mobile wallet for iOS in addition to running a couple of different Digibyte-QT wallets.  

The DGB Gaming wallet is the newest ... just released in the Google Play store and as a Chrome Extension ... and soon to be released in iOS and (I think) as a desktop client.  The DGB Gmaing wallet has a few features that the current mobile wallet doesn't have ... but, in effect, it's sort of the next generation of the existing mobile wallets.  

You should use whatever wallet you like the best.  And, always feel free to ask any questions you have.  We're always happy to help.  

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful, I wonder though first of all if I use the core wallet, do I get PoS coins? Also I wonder why the Gaming Wallet is called a Gaming Wallet. Also just an idea, a Digibyte market place in the future maybe could be a good idea, kinda like Ebay and Amazon but then for Digibyte. Forgive me my curiosity, I am not very long into crypto and the more I dive into it the more fascinating I think it is. The developments that are going on right now surrounding Digibyte I think is fascinating. You guys are writing history, perhaps in 500 years time next to Satoshi Jared will be known as one of the founders of a new money system, wish there is something I could do to help/get involved Smiley

--

--
EPLDCC

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:32:44 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 02:53:40 AM by EPLDCC

Does the Digibyte core wallet stake?

No.  All 5 of the algorithms are proof of work.

Usukan ... you asked the same question back on February 25.  The answer is still no.  I understand that you are an advocate for POS from your previous posts (and your support of POS elsewhere - especially in the UTC discussion).  I don't support POS for economic reasons.  But, I don't think you are wrong to support POS.  I think that we need people like you who support POS, to ask these kinds of questions so that we can have these kinds of discussions.  I also think that UTCs recent decision to lower their POS from the current 5% down to 2% is a good decision.  As I pointed out in my previous (February) response to your inquiry, I don't think there is any problem with POS, but it is effectively interest ... and high interest rates have predicable economic impacts (and those impacts often aren't beneficial for the wider adoption of digital currency).

When you asked before, I wrote up an extended reply: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10583087#msg10583087

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:51:40 AM

Dont really like this kind of tech because your giving your identity away.

crypto should be the other way around.

Dont thing anyone should fall for this kind of stuff.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:18:18 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 07:30:36 AM by HR

Huh Roll Eyes
Damn does indeed sound very similar to eachother, although the dgb one looks and sounds better Tongue

Without a doubt the DGB vid looks better! And I'm not biased either.  Cheesy

Seriously, the difference is like night and day. Did you notice that in the Mashable vid they refer to BTC as a commodity? That's not the first time BTC proponents have referred to BTC as a commodity. It happens quite often - in fact I might even risk saying that it is a generally accepted comparison. I guess that's natural since they want to equate BTC with gold.

Gold is not exactly the same as money though. It's not as "liquid" as it were. Gold usually has to be "converted" into a currency before it can be spent. Gold and USD are not the same.

DGB compares itself with real money, with currencies that do not need to be "converted" or "exchanged" in order to be used in real life to purchase "things" (like gold, for example).

This is a huge difference between BTC and DBG (among others) that's always worth keeping in mind. Of course, it is a logical result of the inherent bases of both - the 10 minute average BTC block discovery time and resulting 1 hour confirmation time won't ever let BTC function in real life as a viable currency, whereas DGB's 3 minute confirmation time (and it should not be forgotten that this is also built on top of an even more secure network) does indeed make DGB a real currency (that is also an even better investment as well) like Jared has always envisioned.

That having been said, has anyone watched the BTC blockchain lately? https://blockchain.info/ Those are million dollar total transaction amounts in each new block!!! WOW! And if a crypto that has such important limitations that it is assigned a gold comparison status by default can see this kind of sustained activity, what does that say about the future prospects for a cryptocurrency that's more secure and 20 times faster?

Whose signature line says "The future is bright with DigiByte"? I think you're right! Smiley

BTW: very nice ramp on expanding volume in BTC these last few days breaking above the $245.00 area and now backtesting to see if it turns into support - $300.00 could be on the table in short order if it can hold $245.00.

Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:19:19 AM

I think to make Digibyte more attractive, we need a new Wallet in a futuristic design. With links for trading or markets like the NXT Wallet. Maybe it can help to be Nr. 1 in a few years Wink
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

I saw that here @ the DEM ( Deutsche eMark) Forum as a design prototype:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m657arpl9z5si2/eMark_Wallet_fstTab.jpg?dl=0

Looking very nice. We can also make something like that Wink Just an idea for the future Wallet Cheesy
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:40:06 PM

DigiByte has a great potential, just need to be discovered by the major Bitcoin holders/players/backers/investors/supporter.
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:14:18 PM

DigiByte has a great potential, just need to be discovered by the major Bitcoin holders/players/backers/investors/supporter.

Without marketing the community will remain this size

EPLDCC

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:46:38 PM

Without marketing the community will remain this size

Hi Allforone.  You might check out some of the projects we're working on here:  https://digibytegroup.com/

We're receiving lots of great community support and feedback.
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:33:06 PM

Coinomat, when you want us to vote soo bad, why don't you just add us to the website?
It's all about the btc right?
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:39:31 PM

VOTE FOR

Hi coinomat,
We don't think you provide the right solution for us in this form, its best to add DigiByte to your company without the payd voting system.

Good day.

Edit: @Sharkzz1 you so damm fast ugh.
Pages: « 1 ... 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: