Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:17:28 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 04:49:44 AM by rapture333

For the sake of transparency, I would like to give the community a run down of the marketing plans for Ultracoin. There are some good things in the works, and instead of keeping it a secret I would like to share with you the current plans today. Remember, they are always shaping and evolving, but here they are:

Short Term
- Ultracoin cards, PVC-PET credit card style cards that can hold wallet information, public and private keys, and can be passed out as a marketing tool for friends and family of the Ultracoin community (Lead Time: Graphic Design Phase) Examples can be found on UltracoinTalk.org/
- Vendor acceptance campaigns will continue and we will keep reaching out to businesses asking them to accept Ultracoin as payment
- Twitter and Facebook updates will continue with several posts per day advertising Ultracoin and shaping its brand image
- Improving Ultracoin talk to make it attractive enough for migration, just added a shoutbox for registered members to use. Other features are being planned.

Long Term
- Getting accepted as an in game currency, we will start with potential indie game developers and larger projects such as void space. The Minecraft project is still in the works, marketing efforts for the Minecraft plugin will be extensive and direct, I like to call it bunker buster marketing. (Lead Time: TBD)
- YouTube channel with instructional videos on how to mine and spend Ultracoin as well as promotional videos (Lead Time: 1-2 months)
- Use in a future gaming community me and a close friend are currently working on building. Gaming communities are actually profitable, passionate, and large communities of PC gamers where they go to find serious and passionate players. We plan to make a tongue in cheek gaming community, but gaming will be serious, and our management + programming of the community is highly professional and experienced. We are going to attempt to integrate Ultracoin into the games we use. I talk to the programmer in a couple of days, stay tuned. (Lead Time: TBD)
- Ultracoin t-shirts and other clothing, female models included (Lead Time: 1-2 months)

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture333"
Marketing & PR Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 06:00:18 AM

Switch to full PoS has been dropped?

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

Switch to full PoS has been dropped?
Yes it has, at least for some time.

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

Has anybody the same problem with Cryptsy ?

If I sent UTC from my wallet to crypsty there is no deposit at cryptsy ?

If I want the withdraw from Cryptsy there is an automatic message "Our wallet is currently offline while we perform system maintenance".

Only the UTC wallet is off line at Cryptsy "for system maintenance" , no other wallets !!!???

I have send a message/ticket to Cryptsy support but they still don't answer for more then 24 hours.

Does anybody know what is the problem Huh
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:18:43 AM

For the sake of transparency, I would like to give the community a run down of the marketing plans for Ultracoin. There are some good things in the works, and instead of keeping it a secret I would like to share with you the current plans today. Remember, they are always shaping and evolving, but here they are:

Short Term
- Ultracoin cards, PVC-PET credit card style cards that can hold wallet information, public and private keys, and can be passed out as a marketing tool for friends and family of the Ultracoin community (Lead Time: Graphic Design Phase) Examples can be found on UltracoinTalk.org/
- Vendor acceptance campaigns will continue and we will keep reaching out to businesses asking them to accept Ultracoin as payment
- Twitter and Facebook updates will continue with several posts per day advertising Ultracoin and shaping its brand image
- Improving Ultracoin talk to make it attractive enough for migration, just added a shoutbox for registered members to use. Other features are being planned.

Long Term
- Getting accepted as an in game currency, we will start with potential indie game developers and larger projects such as void space. The Minecraft project is still in the works, marketing efforts for the Minecraft plugin will be extensive and direct, I like to call it bunker buster marketing. (Lead Time: TBD)
- YouTube channel with instructional videos on how to mine and spend Ultracoin as well as promotional videos (Lead Time: 1-2 months)
- Use in a future gaming community me and a close friend are currently working on building. Gaming communities are actually profitable, passionate, and large communities of PC gamers where they go to find serious and passionate players. We plan to make a tongue in cheek gaming community, but gaming will be serious, and our management + programming of the community is highly professional and experienced. We are going to attempt to integrate Ultracoin into the games we use. I talk to the programmer in a couple of days, stay tuned. (Lead Time: TBD)
- Ultracoin t-shirts and other clothing, female models included (Lead Time: 1-2 months)

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture333"
Marketing & PR Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

I know you are all doing all you can to make this a success but it does not work like this, you are not doing anything different than any other vulgar coins is doing now, I wrote a few times the same, you need to do something nobody else is doing, make your coin unique!

If you are called Marketing & PR Director you should have better ideas than these, everytime I write and saying the same, UTC will go down in price if you do not do anything major, and here I am again 15 days later, I can see where this is going but I said this already 4 times but its done about it, all they talk is games and mining and coin continue to drop is you don't change your mentality and marketing strategic only talking about using UTC as game payments where EVERY coin is doing the same. I know to be in this business you need to be creative and do things has not already been done, but its very frustrating to see the plans are nothing new....This coins is going down hill everyday and its time to put this coin where it deserve to the MOON but with GREAT IDEAS and GOOD Projects. REAL MARKETING AND PROJECTS! Talk to big companies, talk to Merchandise, example ,no Macdonnald but something similar, Do something , because if doing above will not stop the downhill of this coin. I am honest and I hope this coin start to be where it belong , top 10 in the coinmarketcap!

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 12:11:17 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 12:55:53 PM by rapture333

In order for us to market ourselves on that level we have to start out with a foundation first. Just because the coin is being marketed in a specific way now does not mean that the devs aren't working on other projects. Ultracoin is only 5 months old and is still establishing itself. Also I don't see anyone else doing the cards we are doing. New ideas are being added to the list and there are some big ideas in the works as far as marketing goes that are in its infancy stages. I haven't laid all the cards out yet, just what's underway to be completed. Yes, I do agree that UTC needs something big to differentiate itself and that is what we are aiming for. Talking to big companies and forging partnerships isn't too far off of a prospect, but we are young and must establish ourself on a solid foundation of acceptance and infrastructure. That means catching up to what other coins have on a basic level, then branching off and surpassing them by pioneering our own unique marketing strategy.

Keep in mind this is only marketing and not actually development, projects like the Android wallet are still on their way.

flobdeth

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:27:08 PM

I know you are all doing all you can to make this a success but it does not work like this, you are not doing anything different than any other vulgar coins is doing now, I wrote a few times the same, you need to do something nobody else is doing, make your coin unique!

But are you sitting on it, or spending it? to create volume and liquidity, it needs to be spent, as money is, not stashed away fornever to see the light of day?

The biggest thing anyone can do with it just now, is show retailers they need to have that coin listed as a currency, simply by actually using it to buy something

@Rapture, nice to see that post btw, I have my other work clear for now, so, I'll make a start on the wallets n stuff Monday, hung over today and setting up my baby Zeus miners this weekend.  Anyone else can easily offer, to help, Rapture is doing all he can in the background to keep things moving in the best way he knows how atm.

Step up and donate a few hours, it may even help your "investment" price  Tongue

See, I can be positive if there are positive vibes coming at me......  Wink

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:39:47 PM

hung over today and setting up my baby Zeus miners this weekend. 
With the UTC multipool down where will you mine with them that will support UTC?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

@Rapture, nice to see that post btw, I have my other work clear for now, so, I'll make a start on the wallets n stuff Monday
What are we talking about? Android wallet? If so, do you have any ideas on how/where to start?

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Myththegod

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

As a community why don't we come up with ideas of things we want to see done with UTC maybe the Devs will listen and implement them just like when we made a fuss about going full POS and they stopped and listened so it's on all of us to do our part
flobdeth

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:20:26 PM

With the UTC multipool down where will you mine with them that will support UTC?

There is the millon £ question.  I can't anymore...........  Undecided

I would probably be willing to run a UTC P2p node on the other box, Crap with code though.  I don't have time, nor the inclination to start a full blown pool.

Ally, unfortunately, I can't code, it's just promo stuff, sorry, I should have been more clear /ducks for cover

FTC 71Vkbk3UwbfGP3NDRbAWJwWDNRfaKKSfgE
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:56:01 PM

There is the millon £ question.  I can't anymore...........  Undecided

I would probably be willing to run a UTC P2p node on the other box, Crap with code though.  I don't have time, nor the inclination to start a full blown pool.

Ally, unfortunately, I can't code, it's just promo stuff, sorry, I should have been more clear /ducks for cover
No problem at all Smiley
DCGirl once offered me to help me get started with the mobile wallet stuff. But I'm not sure if this offer is still valid... Coding is not the problem on my side, but if I'd start (need some time, though), I'd need some help on the coin specific stuff...

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
ultrasmart

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:15:17 PM

All, 

I know it has been a long time since you heard from me.  I apologize for my past and future absence from the cryptocurrency scene, specifically the Ultracoin movement.  Due to a series of life-altering personal and business events I was forced to step away.  My absence was both unpredictable and unavoidable - so much so that all of my crypto holdings two months ago were abandoned and I have only just recently had the opportunity to calculate my losses... which is never fun.  Of course I know better than to bag hold a diverse portfolio of such volatile assets over such a long period of time (two months is ages in crypto trading), so I got what I deserved.  I am only sharing this information to demonstrate how dramatically and suddenly my focus was shifted.  Thank you all for not crucifying me for this...and if you did it is beyond my knowledge, because naturally I have not had the opportunity to review the last 100-200 pages of the UTC thread.  Hopefully when my current situation settles down and I have time spare, I will be able to reestablish my presence in this community.  Thanks for your time and understanding.

One last thing...

Of the few pages of the thread I did have time to review, I have to say that I am impressed by the efforts of rapture3333 and some of the community members who I don't even recognize.  For those of you who dedicate your time and attention to UTC, keep up the good work.  Anyone with business experience knows that 99% percent of success is preceded by periods of failure, learning, and adjustment.  Your commitment is commendable. 

For those of you who sit on the sidelines and watch, wait, and critique the actions of the UTC Team, I encourage you to remember that this is a new frontier, and regardless of how the UTC Team tries to advance this crytpocurrency, never overlook the fact that they are taking the time and putting forth that effort.  Never take for granted or under-appreciate the value of the determined and committed few. 

Good luck to all - hope to talk to you soon.

-Ultrasmart

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
Koko

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:40:41 PM

When will the block explorer be back online?
PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

Dear Ultrasmart.... happy to hear you again... take your time and hope to hear you soon again ... Wink

All, 

I know it has been a long time since you heard from me.  I apologize for my past and future absence from the cryptocurrency scene, specifically the Ultracoin movement.  Due to a series of life-altering personal and business events I was forced to step away.  My absence was both unpredictable and unavoidable - so much so that all of my crypto holdings two months ago were abandoned and I have only just recently had the opportunity to calculate my losses... which is never fun.  Of course I know better than to bag hold a diverse portfolio of such volatile assets over such a long period of time (two months is ages in crypto trading), so I got what I deserved.  I am only sharing this information to demonstrate how dramatically and suddenly my focus was shifted.  Thank you all for not crucifying me for this...and if you did it is beyond my knowledge, because naturally I have not had the opportunity to review the last 100-200 pages of the UTC thread.  Hopefully when my current situation settles down and I have time spare, I will be able to reestablish my presence in this community.  Thanks for your time and understanding.

One last thing...

Of the few pages of the thread I did have time to review, I have to say that I am impressed by the efforts of rapture3333 and some of the community members who I don't even recognize.  For those of you who dedicate your time and attention to UTC, keep up the good work.  Anyone with business experience knows that 99% percent of success is preceded by periods of failure, learning, and adjustment.  Your commitment is commendable. 

For those of you who sit on the sidelines and watch, wait, and critique the actions of the UTC Team, I encourage you to remember that this is a new frontier, and regardless of how the UTC Team tries to advance this crytpocurrency, never overlook the fact that they are taking the time and putting forth that effort.  Never take for granted or under-appreciate the value of the determined and committed few. 

Good luck to all - hope to talk to you soon.

-Ultrasmart

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
PaulR1

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:49:36 PM

When will the block explorer be back online?

We hope to get it online asap... one of our coin devs is on holliday now. We aspect if he is back we can solve it soon

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
PaulR1

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:05:56 PM

We have two UTC pools.
This pools have pool fee to help the dev team to pay for some costs.
So always good to mine at one of them.

But it is also good to mine at Nitro2... we want and need everybody to spread the hash ...

mizultra

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:45:53 PM

We have two UTC pools.
This pools have pool fee to help the dev team to pay for some costs.
So always good to mine at one of them.

But it is also good to mine at Nitro2... we want and need everybody to spread the hash ...

Would it still be beneficial to have a solid multipools for UTC?

I was looking around for all of the resources on github to piece one together on a VPS. but to be honest, my Linux skills are lacking. Any chance someone could just get the source code of the old UTC multipool and we could take it from there? That's probably asking too much I know.

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:16:38 PM

TO ALL !!

THIS INVOLVES YOU ALSO !

WHY IS THE UTC WALLET AT CRYPTSY "UNDER MAINTENANCE" FOR A VIEW DAYS Huh

THIS INVOLVES EVERYBODY, BUT CRYPTSY DONT ANSWER ON QUESTIONS !!!!

PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR OWN (under maintenance) UTC ACCOUNT AT CRYPTSY..... AND THEN ASK THE SUPPORT TEAM TO ANSWER YOU

Has anybody the same problem with Cryptsy ?

If I sent UTC from my wallet to crypsty there is no deposit at cryptsy ?

If I want the withdraw from Cryptsy there is an automatic message "Our wallet is currently offline while we perform system maintenance".

Only the UTC wallet is off line at Cryptsy "for system maintenance" , no other wallets !!!???

I have send a message/ticket to Cryptsy support but they still don't answer for more then 24 hours.

Does anybody know what is the problem Huh
RichardMiner

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:40:19 PM

As a community why don't we come up with ideas of things we want to see done with UTC maybe the Devs will listen and implement them just like when we made a fuss about going full POS and they stopped and listened so it's on all of us to do our part

Work together as community is the best thing that can happen.
Thank's to all.
I believe sincerely the devs listen to us.

But about going full pos it is not they stopped because the community wanted that.
As I understand they just postponed it .... or am I missing something here ?

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website  http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
http://ultracoinpool.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool http://ultracoins.info/ ~ Ultracoin Pool
Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: