Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 [5672] 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722506 times)
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 06:54:48 AM

The help file above didn't help me much actually.  how do I install all of the files to one directory.  Its still installing the wallet on users/username/appdata/Dash ??  I want to have multiple wallets obviously with their own .dat files.

1) Close the Dash program

2) Rename wallet.dat to wallet_old.dat

3) Restart Dash-qt.exe

It will create a second (new), wallet.dat, which you can then rename to wallet_new.dat, or wallet_2.dat, or whatever you like...

Whichever one you want to load, rename to wallet.dat

Just be certain Dash wallet is not running when you rename wallet.dat files, and it might be a good idea to create a backup of both wallet.dat files as well

PS: Regarding backups, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet#Securing_the_Bitcoin-Qt_or_bitcoind_wallet
...So when a backup is first created, it has all of your old keys plus 100 unused keys. After sending a transaction, it has 99 unused keys. After a total of 100 new-key actions, you will start using keys that are not in your backup. Since the backup does not have the private keys necessary for authorizing spends of these coins, restoring from the old backup will cause you to lose Bitcoins.

Thanks.  As I already have a wallet on the pc with DASH in it...when I install and  start the new wallet it always load up the previous .dat file.  Is there a way to load the .dat from another folder?  I still don't understand where the wallet.dat files are being stored for the individual walltets?
The wallets are in the data folder.  The default location for the data folder I think is C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Dash - I move all my stuff to another folder, to make it harder for an attacker to figure it out and easier for me to find.  I also name all my wallets something other than wallet.dat as this is a really easy to search for target.

You can customize config files like WinesRus.conf for each wallet so a title shows up by adding this line:

windowtitle=WinesRus

Then open notepad and copy the following line and save as startwinesRus.bat.  The .bat extension allows you to double click that file to open your wallet.  You can use the same data folder for all your wallets if you don't need to run them at the same time.  Example if you want a wallet named WinesRus with a WinesRus.conf config file.

c:\coolname\dash-qt.exe -datadir=C:\coolname\Data -wallet=WinesRus -conf=C:\coolname\Config\WinesRus.conf

And a second wallet and config could be.  It will create a new wallet if it doesn't find one.

c:\coolname\dash-qt.exe -datadir=C:\coolname\Data -wallet=Wine4me -conf=C:\coolname\Config\Wine4me.conf

Say what?!? Oh man...ok, I'm out of my leaque here.  Sorry guys.  I'll try to find someone local to walk me through this. This is all Chinese to me.

Edit:  I'll pay some DASH for someone to create a simple step-by-step noob guide for running multi wallets.  I'll offer 5 DASH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:03:55 AM

Say what?!? Oh man...ok, I'm out of my leaque here.  Sorry guys.  I'll try to find someone local to walk me through this. This is all Chinese to me.

Edit:  I'll pay some DASH for someone to create a simple step-by-step noob guide for running multi wallets.  I'll offer 5 DASH.

1) Right-click dash-qt.exe, click "create shortcut"
2) Right-click the shortcut, click properties, and change the line "target:", to read:
"C:\Program Files\Dash\dash-qt.exe" -wallet=wallet1.dat

That's it, you're done... use that shortcut to access this specific wallet

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:09:44 AM

2) Right-click the shortcut, go to properties, and where it says target, make it say:

That works. That new wallet should be located here:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Dash\

You can either copy from that directory to backup or use the backup command in the File menu of the running wallet to backup.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 07:13:39 AM

2) Right-click the shortcut, click properties, and change the line "target:", to read:

Ok...so I'll address this couple steps at a time.  I don't want to use the users/yourname/appdata/roaming/DASH  problem one.  Can I move this all into a single wallet specific folder?  

second...im running windows 10 on all my machines...when I right click a shortcut...there is no line called "target"

BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:24:31 AM

Add another MN to the list..... finally
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:35:38 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 07:53:45 AM by Solarminer

Ok...so address this couple steps at a time.  I don't want to use the users/yourname/appdata/roaming/DASH  problem one.  Can I move this all into a single wallet specific folder?  

second...im running windows 10 on all my machines...when I right click a shortcut...there is no line called "target"
Honestly, I would just do this.
Create a folder anywhere you want.  If you just go do C: drive and create a folder and name it dash we should have this as your location:
C:\dash
copy the dash-qt.exe into this folder.   Right click copy, right click paste.  If you don't know where this is then download the windows .zip file from dash.org or below
https://www.dash.org/binaries/dash-0.12.0.56-win64.zip   Open this, double click on bin, right click on dash-qt.exe and copy, then right click on C:\dash folder and paste.
right click the dash-qt.exe and create shortcut.
Look in that same folder you should see dash-qt.exe with either a - Shortcut or a small arrow on the icon. That is your new shortcut.  Now right click change to "C:\dash\dash-qt.exe" -wallet=wallet1.dat   On the General tab you can rename this to something else.
Go back to where the older dash-qt.exe is and start it up.  Click file - backup.  Save the existing wallet to c:\dash\wallet.dat and close.

Go to the C:\dash directory, Click on the the new dash-qt.exe without the arrow and it will download the blockchain and you should have your old wallet.  The dash-qt.exe - Shortcut(or with an arrow) is your second wallet.

This shouldn't be that hard should it....Sorry.  I hope that all makes sense.

As for no Target: line in windows 10.  This could be called program location: or program:  (It is not the start in: box)  On windows 8 it is under the shortcut tab which you may have to click to get to it.
bigrcanada1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 07:53:23 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 08:11:44 AM by bigrcanada1

Ok...so address this couple steps at a time.  I don't want to use the users/yourname/appdata/roaming/DASH  problem one.  Can I move this all into a single wallet specific folder?  

Create a folder anywhere you want.  If you just go do C: drive and create a folder and name it dash we should have this as your location:
copy the dash-qt.exe into this folder.   Right click copy, right click paste.  If you don't know where this is then download the .zip file below
https://www.dash.org/binaries/dash-0.12.0.56-win64.zip   Open this, double click on bin, right click on dash-qt.exe and copy, the right click on C:\dash folder and paste.
Look in that same folder you should see dash-qt.exe with either a - Shortcut or a small arrow on the icon. That is your new shortcut.  Now right click change to "C:\dash\dash-qt.exe" -wallet=wallet1.dat   On the General tab you can rename this to something else.
Go back to where the older dash-qt.exe is and start it up.  Click file - backup.  Save the existing wallet to c:\dash\wallet.dat and close.

Go to the C:\dash directory, Click on the the new dash-qt.exe without the arrow and it will download the blockchain and you should have your old wallet.  The dash-qt.exe - Shortcut(or with an arrow) is your second wallet.

No...it is hard for me...and its ok.  I'm off to bed.  Good thing I leave the tech stuff to my staff or support company, my company would be toast. lol.

I'll leave you with how I would invision this working for simpletons like me....with the following story in the near future.

Lets say I have a couple of kids, John & Suzy.  I believe the future is digital currencies and I want to make a wallet for each of my children.  In each of their wallets they could have an address for College Fund, Candy money, Favorite Charity...etc etc. in each of their wallets.  I also want a wallet for my own personal things and shopping and maybe a wallet for my home business(in the future everyone is using DASH).

I'd want to install all these on my home pc server....someday I'll give lil Johny and Suzy their digital wallets...but for now I manage them all and sock money away for them.  Dad(me) knows nothing about computers...and i want to simply create these 3 or 4 wallets with a click of a mouse and just simply label each wallet as DASH Johnny, DASH Suzy and DASH Daddy and DASH ABC Repair...and thats it.  I now have 3 or 4 simple digital wallets all self contained and ready for non techie dad to use everyday.

That should be how simple this should be.  no config line programing, no moving and copying things around.  Until crypto can be that simple to use...no main stream will EVER happen.    Thats my thoughts....

I have my main PC at my home office.  

How much would it cost to program a wallet to be this simple. Also...there is no restore menu choice for restoring your wallet.dat file.  I need to help fund dummy proof wallet that can do these functions?
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:15:23 AM

copy the dash-qt.exe into this folder.   Right click copy, right click paste.  If you don't know where this is then download the .zip file below
https://www.dash.org/binaries/dash-0.12.0.56-win64.zip   Open this, double click on bin, right click on dash-qt.exe and copy, the right click on C:\dash folder and paste.

No...it is hard for me...and its ok.  I'm off to bed.  Good thing I leave the tech stuff to my staff or support company, my company would be toast. lol.

I'll leave you with how I would invision this working for simpletons like me....with the following story in the near future.

Lets say I have a couple of kids, John & Suzy.  I believe the future is digital currencies and I want to make a wallet for each of my children.  In each of their wallets they could have an address for College Fund, Candy money, Favorite Charity...etc etc. in each of their wallets.  I also want a wallet for my own personal things and shopping and maybe a wallet for my home business(in the future everyone is using DASH).

I'd want to install all these on my home pc server....someday I'll give lil Johny and Suzy their digital wallets...but for now I manage them all and sock money away for them.  Dad(me) knows nothing about computers...and i want to simply create these 3 or 4 wallets with a click of a mouse and just simply label each wallet as DASH Johnny, DASH Suzy and DASH Daddy and DASH ABC Repair...and thats it.  I now have 3 or 4 simple digital wallets all self contained and ready for non techie dad to use everyday.

That should be how simple this should be.  no config line programing, no moving and copying things around.  Until crypto can be that simple to use...no main stream will EVER happen.    Thats my thoughts....

I have my main PC at my home office.  
I understand, it took me a while to figure out where the wallets and data files were.  It isn't obvious and certainly not simple.  Just saying it should be easier.  Maybe we need a load wallet command and to specify a directory where the wallet is.  We could also add an option to create shortcut for loaded wallet.

We will get there....
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:20:57 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 08:36:45 AM by splawik21

Have a bit of a noob question, what is the easiest way to run multiple DASH wallets on one machine?  Everytime I try it keeps point to my one wallet.dat file.  Thanks

BigR check this link, I`ve already responded before I checked this thread, hope it`s clear enough to understand:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/multi-wallet-on-windows-machine.7829/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:06:17 AM

Family MerkleTree Maker

The capability you want already exists in Bitcoin.  Your problem is you expect such bespoke software to be duplicated in Dash, when a) Masternode blinding is still "pending" and b) the new Evolution roadmap leaves no resources for polishing the existing product (EG, see point a.).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:19:49 AM

The mempool hasn't gone below 10MB in over 2 days. We've officially reached the point of an ever-increasing transaction backlog.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/41zp12/the_mempool_hasnt_gone_below_10mb_in_over_2_days/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 09:33:11 AM

The mempool hasn't gone below 10MB in over 2 days. We've officially reached the point of an ever-increasing transaction backlog.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/41zp12/the_mempool_hasnt_gone_below_10mb_in_over_2_days/

Sometimes the manual process of preparing Dashcoins to be Instant-X Dark-sendable takes a couple of days.

That's especially true for large amounts, such as the hoard stolen from Cryptsy.

If BigVern is trying to pre-mix 14,000+ stolen Dash, it's going to take years, depending on the number of other people willing to mix their coins with stolen/tracked/monitored/dirty dash.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 09:51:46 AM

Kind of late to start increasing the blocksize now, it should have been something addressed earlier to give more capacity to the Bitcoin network. In the case of DASH however, preemptively looking for bottlenecks and addressing them before they are a problem is definitely a better way to go.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:05:24 PM

Node40 TNABC Miami Recap

https://node40.com/blog/tnabc-recap/

spreadcoiner

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 12:13:03 PM

I'd want to install all these on my home pc server....someday I'll give lil Johny and Suzy their digital wallets...but for now I manage them all and sock money away for them.  D
My suggestion is that you make paper wallets for the DASH you intend to stock for your kids

- John's College Fund PaperWallet address
 - John's CandyMoney Fund PaperWallet address
and
 - Suzi's College Fund PaperWallet address
 - Suzi's CandyMoney Fund PaperWallet address

For your personal things, a DASH wallet app in your phone (Android or iOS) would fit perfect, specially because you wouldn't be carrying a huge some with you ( most part should go to a MN share  Wink )

For your home business: then you would need something "more robust". I'd stick to the DASH core client on your computer

But, anyway, multi wallet configuration is easier done than explained. That would be a great solution as well

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:48:47 PM

The whole altcoin market seems to be going through a shake-up.

Investment spilling into all kinds of nooks and crannies. Dogue market cap seems to have blown Dash away. It was behind and now suddenly it's double.

VPN coin's got £3M dollar volume. Factom's got $2M. Etherium a whopping $12M.

What's going on ? People run out of patience with Bitcoin's screwing around with blocksize ?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:59:22 PM

The whole altcoin market seems to be going through a shake-up.

Investment spilling into all kinds of nooks and crannies. Dogue market cap seems to have blown Dash away. It was behind and now suddenly it's double.

VPN coin's got £3M dollar volume. Factom's got $2M. Etherium a whopping $12M.

What's going on ? People run out of patience with Bitcoin's screwing around with blocksize ?

There is a more simple answer, namely Chinese pumping literally everything that is in their reach.

Check -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341729.msg13684861#msg13684861

And compare on CMC with the gains.

Those piecharts will also show that DASH (and XMR as well) barely have any Chinese volume, so are kind of left out of the "pump".

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:03:54 PM

There is a more simple answer, namely Chinese pumping literally everything that is in their reach.

Why are they doing that ? Because their stock market's crashing ?

Even stuff like InfiniteCoin is showing huge gains.

Pump Bitbay please. Bitbay has better smart contracts than Ethereum and is dead cheap  Wink
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 02:30:54 PM

Check -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341729.msg13684861#msg13684861

And compare on CMC with the gains.

Those piecharts will also show that DASH (and XMR as well) barely have any Chinese volume, so are kind of left out of the "pump".

Can those charts really be true? Look at Bitcoin. China has more than that percentage of BTC volume, hasn`t it?
JasonB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 02:47:19 PM

anyone good in technical analysis ? Want to enter DASH world, but I think, price will go down, it is too soon after hype...It is really difference for me, to have builded masternode for 0.0056, against 0.0108 price nowadays, after pump and dump Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 [5672] 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: