Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:45:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722480 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:08:33 AM

Darkcoin Masternode by Country

Next will be "Darkcoin Masternode by ISP"

yup, gonna have to see if I can move mine, but it'll be a pain in the butt, LOL.  It'll have to wait until next week if I do.  Anyway, it'd still be Amazon because they're cheapest.  And i'd have to consider if it would be worthwhile, that is, does it really make a difference if my node is amazon USA or Ireland.  We're still all a part of the same group of people, you know?  Maybe if Amazon had servers in Switzerland I'd consider the work (yah, i'm lazy, LOL)  As they have a histery, but their policies have been breaking down at the US's pressures.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:09:27 AM

Woe, I hit a block wall of drama.... something about closed source, parts that have to do with mining, not mixing....

Anyway, who are you and what do you want?  Are you promoting another coin on our thread?  If so, that's bad form, IMO.  I doubt you'd see Evan promoting on other threads, sure he'd answer questions, but no promo / FUD ever!

Huh? Everything is open source. Who am I? This is bizarrely defensive. I've been on this thread since early February and am a DRK holder/miner. Some people may recognize me, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Anonymity and ring signatures were being discussed so I clarified some things. What part was "FUD"? Undecided (I'm not that other guy ac2 if you haven't noticed).
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

I like this guy. He challenges the developers and competition is always healthy. Plus he just made me 30 darkcoin so $66.15 at todays going rate.

How?Huh?  i'm crap at trading!  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:11:18 AM

Woe, I hit a block wall of drama.... something about closed source, parts that have to do with mining, not mixing....

Anyway, who are you and what do you want?  Are you promoting another coin on our thread?  If so, that's bad form, IMO.  I doubt you'd see Evan promoting on other threads, sure he'd answer questions, but no promo / FUD ever!

Huh? Everything is open source. Who am I? This is bizarrely defensive. I've been on this thread since early February and am a DRK holder/miner. Some people may recognize me, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Anonymity and ring signatures were being discussed so I clarified some things. Undecided (I'm not that other guy ac2 if you haven't noticed).

I recognize you  Smiley

Everybody is tense,too much trolls like vultures  Cheesy
ac2

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:13:13 AM

sorry, I still don't see a hole.  Unless an entity has control of all the masternodes in a transaction, they will never know what happened.  Better still, non of these transactions ever go on the blockchain, so the past can never be revealed.  Finally, Evan is constantly coming up with other ideas to improve upon what we have.  Nope, you can't convince me that what Evan has come up with is faulty.   i won't say that there aren't other great solutions to be found and implemented though.  I'm sure there will be.  Monero sounds interesting, i'm looking at it, but if I can't understand it ultimately, I won't feel comfortable using it.  But that's just me Smiley

The fact that cryptography is being used here isn't really a problem. You use Bitcoin and derivatives without understanding the elliptic curve crypto (ECDSA) they use, don't you? Unlike ZKP, which is brand new and exploits are unknown, ring signatures are more than a decade old and well-established. CryptoNote is the first time they've been employed for currency, though.

DarkSend also has multiple levels of outputs, and can not be followed  Ip addresses are washed away at the first level, and not connected to any of the subsequent mixing.  Does CryptoNote actually exist and function yet?

Yes, it's fully functioning already. You can download the wallet and start using it just by entering a parameter in the send command.

Anyway, who are you and what do you want?  Are you promoting another coin on our thread?  If so, that's bad form, IMO.  I doubt you'd see Evan promoting on other threads, sure he'd answer questions, but no promo / FUD ever!

I've followed this tread from the start. Every time reasonable discussion is sought, the loyalist scream fud and dismiss the rational with soothing everything will be ok.

Note: Evan does not however. Notice how he engaged with anonymint rather than attacking him? There are other anonymity solutions out there, that although not well known yet will overtake you if you are not ahead of the curve.

Rather than dismissing your limitations, embrace them and improve. Masternodes requiring 1000% drk in exchange for 10% of future mining fees appeals to those of you who only seek profit. To the hackers/ adversaries/ tax departments/ NSA/ even just the suspicious, this solution is a joke.

What should you do? Make it better! Adopt ring signatures. Stay ahead of the curve or you will be left behind.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:15:32 AM

I like this guy. He challenges the developers and competition is always healthy. Plus he just made me 30 darkcoin so $66.15 at todays going rate.

Lol I don't know, its all luck.  Tongue

Seriously though, look at the pressure on both sides. Factor in the walls, then finally look at the FUD.

Also btw Eizh may have a vested interest, but he's not a troll.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:15:55 AM

Huh? Everything is open source. Who am I? This is bizarrely defensive. I've been on this thread since early February and am a DRK holder/miner. Some people may recognize me, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Anonymity and ring signatures were being discussed so I clarified some things. What part was "FUD"? Undecided (I'm not that other guy ac2 if you haven't noticed).

Sh*t, I am getting confused with this thread, moving too fast, i thought I was talking to ac2?  And Monero?  or where am i and what day is it?

Now, I gotta sit down and read through the whole Monero coin thread, but apparently there was a dissenting fork, so two versions now, and something about closed source and  accusations of hidden GPU miners or something.  this could all be BS, just flipping through pages really fast, so I'll settle down later and read through the thread because it does sound interesting Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:20:40 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 05:09:57 AM by TanteStefana

Lol I don't know, its all luck.  Tongue

Seriously though, look at the pressure on both sides. Factor in the walls, then finally look at the FUD.

thought I was answering ac2, I think i quoted wrong thing, i'm not quick and am clumsy.  Please accept my appologies, eizh

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eizh

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:21:57 AM

I have vested interests in multiple anonymity implementations, including DRK. Wink

But I won't lie, CryptoNote is my current favorite. An elegant implementation of decentralized trustless mixing with a single cryptographic stroke. That's music to my ears. =P
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:26:57 AM

Darkcoin Masternode by Country

Next will be "Darkcoin Masternode by ISP"

yup, gonna have to see if I can move mine, but it'll be a pain in the butt, LOL.  It'll have to wait until next week if I do.  Anyway, it'd still be Amazon because they're cheapest.  And i'd have to consider if it would be worthwhile, that is, does it really make a difference if my node is amazon USA or Ireland.  We're still all a part of the same group of people, you know?  Maybe if Amazon had servers in Switzerland I'd consider the work (yah, i'm lazy, LOL)  As they have a histery, but their policies have been breaking down at the US's pressures.

Amazone has several regoins.
US East (Northern Virginia):
US West (Oregon):
US West (Northern California):
EU (Ireland):
Asia Pacific (Singapore)
Asia Pacific (Sydney)
Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
South America (Sao Paulo)
GovCloud(Gov Only)

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:36:27 AM

do you guys see DRK will hit $3 this month?
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:43:40 AM

Sorry to make everyone update again (second time today). I noticed the network has become quite chatty with all of the masternodes, this will make it much quieter.

Who should update? Everyone!

Source code:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Stable version (v0.9.3.1):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt.exe

RC2 (v0.10.7.1):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt.exe

Thanks!

I've sent PM to eduffield but time is getting shorter:

I saw a lot of different versions of wallets and I am lost now - I have few questions so will appreciate simple answers:
1. May I upgrade wallet on the pool now ans just upgrade stratum on May 14th?
2. If above yes, which version Stable version (v0.9.3.1) or RC2 (v0.10.7.1)
3. Regarding setting up masternode - which version?
4. May i set up masternode on live chain and just wait for May 14th?

feeleep

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:46:35 AM

Where is all this hashpower coming from ?

Stratum exploit ? Asics ? Not so secret sgminer settings ? Botnets ? lol

http://www.drkpool.com/

And ? You find those hashrates exceptional ? Not me... Some GPU farms which used to mine Litecoin are mining Darkcoin now.

Yes, very.. lol

I don't see any option for "scrypt farms going X11 due to scrypt ASICs"...

0.5-1 ghash scrypt farms were mining in LTC and DOGE prior to ASICs, so that's ~1.5 to 3 ghash in terms of x11 hashrate.

Note that I'm not necessarily saying it's GPU farms, but it's the most plausible scenario especially for farms in a large number of countries where the electric bill is too high for any scrypt profitability.

For starters, there hasn't been a mass exodus from scrypt.

It makes little sense why someone would put that much into something that has not stood the test of time.

The NSA of course....er and maybe my computer 'cause it started acting up this morning.  I think it's infected, and I've been scanning all last night for some bot (grrrr!!!), LOL.  I hope it'll finish before i have to go to bed!

But seriously, as the price goes up, the multipools are bound to dive in, driving the difficulty up.

Windows Defender to the rescue ! Tongue

Are you saying that some/all of those users belong to the parasite infested multi pools ?

People have giant farms, it's not really a secret! I know someone with 200x 290s, I have zero doubt there are larger farms out there.

What assurances do we have that the stratum exploit(s) isn't being used ? How is a noob to know ? lmao

As for my X11 asic theory...  its only code.

daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:48:01 AM

Sorry to make everyone update again (second time today). I noticed the network has become quite chatty with all of the masternodes, this will make it much quieter.

Who should update? Everyone!

Source code:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Stable version (v0.9.3.1):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt.exe

RC2 (v0.10.7.1):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt.exe

Thanks!

I've sent PM to eduffield but time is getting shorter:

I saw a lot of different versions of wallets and I am lost now - I have few questions so will appreciate simple answers:
1. May I upgrade wallet on the pool now ans just upgrade stratum on May 14th?
2. If above yes, which version Stable version (v0.9.3.1) or RC2 (v0.10.7.1)
3. Regarding setting up masternode - which version?
4. May i set up masternode on live chain and just wait for May 14th?

feeleep

Great questions. I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about this.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:55:02 AM

For starters, there hasn't been a mass exodus from scrypt.

It makes little sense why someone would put that much into something that has not stood the test of time.

Money is the only thing that makes sense. If scrypt in your area is unprofitable, then you mine X11 due to low electric cost.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:06:19 AM

The NSA of course....er and maybe my computer 'cause it started acting up this morning.  I think it's infected, and I've been scanning all last night for some bot (grrrr!!!), LOL.  I hope it'll finish before i have to go to bed!

But seriously, as the price goes up, the multipools are bound to dive in, driving the difficulty up.

Windows Defender to the rescue ! Tongue

Are you saying that some/all of those users belong to the parasite infested multi pools ?

Nah, I have no real idea, but I certainly let myself get infected.  My computer was not mining this morning and it was acting like I had both cpu and gpu running at max, and knowing the type of sites I've been going to lately, I figured I became a member of a botnet or something, LOL.  My computer is still scanning, I took it off line, not going to let them have access to whatever work my computer was doing, buggers! LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
jakecrow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:07:41 AM

sorry, I still don't see a hole.  Unless an entity has control of all the masternodes in a transaction, they will never know what happened.  Better still, non of these transactions ever go on the blockchain, so the past can never be revealed.  Finally, Evan is constantly coming up with other ideas to improve upon what we have.  Nope, you can't convince me that what Evan has come up with is faulty.   i won't say that there aren't other great solutions to be found and implemented though.  I'm sure there will be.  Monero sounds interesting, i'm looking at it, but if I can't understand it ultimately, I won't feel comfortable using it.  But that's just me Smiley

The fact that cryptography is being used here isn't really a problem. You use Bitcoin and derivatives without understanding the elliptic curve crypto (ECDSA) they use, don't you? Unlike ZKP, which is brand new and exploits are unknown, ring signatures are more than a decade old and well-established. CryptoNote is the first time they've been employed for currency, though.

DarkSend also has multiple levels of outputs, and can not be followed  Ip addresses are washed away at the first level, and not connected to any of the subsequent mixing.  Does CryptoNote actually exist and function yet?

Yes, it's fully functioning already. You can download the wallet and start using it just by entering a parameter in the send command.

Anyway, who are you and what do you want?  Are you promoting another coin on our thread?  If so, that's bad form, IMO.  I doubt you'd see Evan promoting on other threads, sure he'd answer questions, but no promo / FUD ever!

I've followed this tread from the start. Every time reasonable discussion is sought, the loyalist scream fud and dismiss the rational with soothing everything will be ok.

Note: Evan does not however. Notice how he engaged with anonymint rather than attacking him? There are other anonymity solutions out there, that although not well known yet will overtake you if you are not ahead of the curve.

Rather than dismissing your limitations, embrace them and improve. Masternodes requiring 1000% drk in exchange for 10% of future mining fees appeals to those of you who only seek profit. To the hackers/ adversaries/ tax departments/ NSA/ even just the suspicious, this solution is a joke.

What should you do? Make it better! Adopt ring signatures. Stay ahead of the curve or you will be left behind.

I know ring signatures were discussed earlier with Anonymint and iirc Evan said he was considering implementing some solution involving them in a future Darksend. So it's definitely out there as a possibility, and if there's anything Evan has shown it's that he is dedicated to making this the best it can be.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:11:32 AM

What assurances do we have that the stratum exploit(s) isn't being used ? How is a noob to know ? lmao

As for my X11 asic theory...  its only code.

What stratum exploit(s) be specific. Like the one corrected by DGW Months ago ?  Roll Eyes

Step 1 : Throw some affirmations without proof.
Step 2 : Ask for proof that those affirmations are unfounded.

Troll 101
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:16:39 AM

I have vested interests in multiple anonymity implementations, including DRK. Wink

But I won't lie, CryptoNote is my current favorite. An elegant implementation of decentralized trustless mixing with a single cryptographic stroke. That's music to my ears. =P

In case you didn't see it, I do want to apologize, I mixed you up with ac2 even so you look nothing alike!  LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eizh

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:22:42 AM

In case you didn't see it, I do want to apologize, I mixed you up with ac2 even so you look nothing alike!  LOL

It's all good, Tante. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: