Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
InternetApe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:13:47 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 04:46:21 PM by InternetApe

I don't think the Evan has posted the info yet, but he has an idea how it could make Darkcoin impossible to trace!! We are not giving out the complete details on it yet, but "I" wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new feature that will be a very big improvement!!! I'm sure there will be people, trolls, that will say this is not possible, but when you get the details even the trolls will have to agree.

Look for the details coming out soon!

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

Firstly, this is not intended to be an act of trolling. I was quite heavily invested in Dark, and believed in it's cause.

However, I would like you to carefully consider your position.

The darksend option of anonymity could be smashed by the NSA quite easily.

The anonymity market share you own - on the assumption that darksend works flawlessly - is about to be overtaken by Monero, and similar clones.

Their anonymity solution is superior to yours, developed by hackers. A purely trustless solution.

Good luck to you all, but buyer beware.

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

PS. Darkwallet also should not be underestimated, simply because you don't like it...

I think people still don't get it. This is not about Darksend, this is about having a qualified dev willing to spend full time in this coin. The ring signature thing, don't you think Evan has thought about it already? If it could help the coin, how long do you think it would take to implement it to a possible Darksend2.0? This or any other feature .... this is what other coins don't have.

And the reason why people are mining cryptonote clones is basically because they hope for it to be the next thing because they missed many other trains before, it's 2 years old ...

InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:15:27 AM

Does any coins wallet have a feature of Import wallet (.dat file) rather than having to move it to the folder manually?
Not a big thing but would be a cool feature. Along with update notifications.

If you get the private key from the old .dat file you can import the key into your new wallet with no problems.

I think he means it would be cool to switch wallets on the fly, instead of always switching out the .dat files manually.  I keep several wallets because I figure it might be safer.  If one wallet is cracked, it's only some of my coins i loose.  I keep my "current" wallet with a low number of coins because it's online most of the time, the others are in cold storage, except when i'm testing darksends or something Smiley

This is actually an interesting idea, and it could definitely be useful. I will look at what it would take to implement this, the issue "I" see would be having to rescan the blockchain when you switched.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
emzone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:20:50 AM

Ok, so I understood I need to update my DarkCoin wallet but here (https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc2-hard-fork-on-may-14th.357/) I see that there are two different versions - with and without DarkSend. If I wouldn't send any Darks anywhere soon, can I update to the version without DarkSend?
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:21:32 AM

I don't think the Evan has posted the info yet, but he has figured out how to make Darkcoin completely impossible to trace!! We are not giving out the complete details on it yet, but "I" wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new feature that will be a very big improvement!!! I'm sure there will be people, trolls, that will say this is not possible, but when you get the details even the trolls will have to agree.

I'm excited!
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:26:38 AM

I wouldnt call ac2 a troll, he made some points and we should look into it without calling him a troll. We should appreciate discussion more in that area. Even if he is not right (I cant prove his statements) he should not be treated like an idiot.

Anyways, currently critical, P2Pool status?
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:31:05 AM

Update Amazon by region.

Using Amazon's ip list https://forums.aws.amazon.com/ann.jspa?annID=1701, Country and ISP are updated.

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

Grin
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:33:28 AM

Firstly, this is not intended to be an act of trolling. I was quite heavily invested in Dark, and believed in it's cause.

The anonymity market share you own - on the assumption that darksend works flawlessly - is about to be overtaken by Monero, and similar clones.

Their anonymity solution is superior to yours, developed by hackers. A purely trustless solution.

PS. Darkwallet also should not be underestimated, simply because you don't like it...

I think people still don't get it. This is not about Darksend, this is about having a qualified dev willing to spend full time in this coin. The ring signature thing, don't you think Evan has thought about it already? If it could help the coin, how long do you think it would take to implement it to a possible Darksend2.0? This or any other feature .... this is what other coins don't have.

Agree completely.  The main reason I invested in this coin is not because DarkSend per say, but because Evan is dedicated to improving the anonymous solution that will be used with Darkcoin now and in the future -- whether that takes us to ring signatures or something else entirely.  

... And while I am not a big fan of tease posts (they tend to lead to unfulfillable expectations), according InternetApe it seems Evan already has some very impressive improvements in the works.  
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:54:01 AM

I don't think the Evan has posted the info yet, but he has figured out how to make Darkcoin completely impossible to trace!! We are not giving out the complete details on it yet, but "I" wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new feature that will be a very big improvement!!! I'm sure there will be people, trolls, that will say this is not possible, but when you get the details even the trolls will have to agree.

This has me excited not only because I want Darkcoin to succeed but because I become more convinced as time goes by that the future of crypto will be as a liquid, easy-to-transfer inflation hedge.

Cryptocurrencies don't make sense as general currencies because they're deflationary. Currencies need a lot of liquidity to be the grease for the wheels of commerce. It doesn't make sense to pay salaries in a deflationary currency, as people are more inclined to horde than spend. You need a currency with slight inflation but we all know how easy they can be corrupted by printing too much and triggering higher inflation, or printing even more to finance government debt, leading to even higher inflation (wink, wink Federal Reserve).

The US now has a greater debt to GDP ratio than during WWII. Much of the debt is being financed by new money created by the Fed because other investors want out of treasuries. China embarked on a massive stimulus spending program post GFC, building railways, train stations and innumerable apartment buildings that almost nobody can afford. A lot of the spending was financed by debt from shadow banking channels so we have no way of knowing how much debt provincial Chinese govs are in. China has been stockpiling US dollars as reserve to keep the yuan low in the short-term and keep its exports attractive. They've also been buying up as much gold as they can and making trade deals seemingly to position the yuan as the reserve currency once the US dollar tanks.

The massive Fed Reserve money printing can only lead to one conclusion: massive US dollar inflation. The world will go into recession and then there will be a power play for which currency will be the future reserve - US dollars backed by US and its allies or yuan backed by China, Russia and their sympathisers.

Ordinary people will see their wealth being eaten up by inflation and stock/real estate slumps, and they will look to buy inflation hedge assets. Gold and silver will be most popular but they are easy to track and very hard to move offshore if governments decide to confiscate precious metals (as they have in past major recessions). Crypto like Bitcoin and Darkcoin, as secure, liquid, deflationary assets, will become popular and see significant price increases, as people seek at first to secure and hide their wealth, and then eventually ride the new bubble.

Sorry for the extra-long post but I think all of these macro events are very important to Darkcoin. All this is IMO but I see big potential for a coin that has anonymous transactions, as people will seek to secure their wealth against inflation and government confiscation, and the coin that positions itself as the most popular and effective anonymous coin will become very attractive.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:07:11 AM

Exactly. However there is the danger of being too "invested" in a particular technical solution to abandon it in favor of something better. This can happen even to F1 teams with 300mn budgets due to sticking with a suboptimal design and trying to make it work. In particular, masternodes will be obsolete in case of a ring solution switch - and that's a "problem" of such an "investment".

However, there can be a workaround if masternodes continue to get the 10% for performing a different beneficial functionality for the network, whether it is extra anonymity laundering, IP rerouting and obfuscation, hosting the blockchain for thin clients, or something else. In this way the masternode infastructure can be utilized in parallel.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:34:55 AM

I'm a big believer in darkcoin... and I am shorting at .0051

and buying back at .0071?

exactly Smiley

That'd be me!  I'm really good at losing coins!

Don`t sell them buy and hold. I haven`t sell neither 1 coin yet and will not this year for sure!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:38:21 AM

with Internet Ape's announcement, I would say Litecoin will definitely be dethroned this year  Smiley
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:38:46 AM

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:43:01 AM

The pumper woke up and got to work: ~60 BTC buy walls from 0.0049 to 0.0051 at Mintpal.

Resistance levels at 0.0045-46 seemed ok earlier.
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:45:51 AM

New USD deposit options available at C-CEX.com exchange!

You can buy USD C-CEX codes at http://www.xmlgold.eu And deposit from them instantly!
Lots of payment options available! Reasonable prices!

Yes - You can trade DarkCoin for USD! https://c-cex.com/?p=drk-usd

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:49:29 AM

Cryptocurrencies don't make sense as general currencies because they're deflationary. Currencies need a lot of liquidity to be the grease for the wheels of commerce. It doesn't make sense to pay salaries in a deflationary currency, as people are more inclined to horde than spend. You need a currency with slight inflation but we all know how easy they can be corrupted by printing too much and triggering higher inflation, or printing even more to finance government debt, leading to even higher inflation (wink, wink Federal Reserve).

If "deflation" for you is the increase of purchasing power of a monetary unit (as opposed to the decrease of the supply of those units), you might want to consider that such "deflation" was pretty normal in the US before the FED started it`s management:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Historical_Inflation_Ancient.svg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation#In_the_United_States

I would not agree that we necessarily need a currency with "slight inflation". The finance industry (where I work) needs it, because they want to sell products for people who want do defeat inflation. It`s funny that buying such products is called "saving", whereas simply putting aside a monetary unit for later because it is gaining buying power is called hording.  
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:52:20 AM

I'm a big believer in darkcoin... and I am shorting at .0051

and buying back at .0071?

exactly Smiley

That'd be me!  I'm really good at losing coins!

Don`t sell them buy and hold. I haven`t sell neither 1 coin yet and will not this year for sure!

no worries, I learned my lesson the hard way!  LOL

chaeplin, you should see how crazy your pie charts look like on my touchpad, LOL.  No worries, though, my beloved touchpad is super obsolete, though I love it.  Lots of power no software :-(

AlexGR, the cool thing about Evan is he doesn't seem to care about dropping his previous work!  The second he sees a better way to do something, he just does it!  Old code out the window, on to better things.  There is a bit of danger in that we've bought into Evan as much as we have Darkcoin!. I'm counting on the masternode setup becoming attractive to other talented developers so Darkcoin can develop a pool of talent so we don't have to kidnap Evan and chain him to Darkcoin code the rest of his life, LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:11:04 AM

Where is all this hashpower coming from ?

Stratum exploit ? Asics ? Not so secret sgminer settings ? Botnets ? lol

http://www.drkpool.com/

People have giant farms, it's not really a secret! I know someone with 200x 290s, I have zero doubt there are larger farms out there.

lol if only you knew the whole truth you'll puke ...
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:15:02 AM

AlexGR, the cool thing about Evan is he doesn't seem to care about dropping his previous work!  The second he sees a better way to do something, he just does it!  Old code out the window, on to better things.

It's not easy to drop solutions you've already worked for. It requires an agile mind to ditch a personal work effort in favor of something else - even if what you want to adopt is superior and it would be a no-brainer not to do it.

The normal operating pattern of the mind is to do the exact opposite, which is usually counterproductive. However, in some cases, there might be a way to integrate the past and the new solution into something even better.

There is a bit of danger in that we've bought into Evan as much as we have Darkcoin!.

Not that bad...  Cool Evan, aside from working on the coin, is also invested in it. So DRK's success is his success in more than one ways - including money. Therefore the motive to excel in what he does is there for him and by extension the same motive will also generate profit for the rest of the investors / miners / speculator (that's us).

Having said that, being successful financially is more than simply attaining a good market cap for DRK and increasing our net worth. A good marketcap can come through artificial means but enduring success is what will lead to a good marketcap that is also supported by fundamentals.

There are two approaches to success... Go for tricks like promotion and snake oil tactics and then cash-out during the peak or do a solid job, write history, aaaand have the fundamentals ensure a long-term success.
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:16:54 AM

If "deflation" for you is the increase of purchasing power of a monetary unit (as opposed to the decrease of the supply of those units), you might want to consider that such "deflation" was pretty normal in the US before the FED started it`s management:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Historical_Inflation_Ancient.svg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation#In_the_United_States

I would not agree that we necessarily need a currency with "slight inflation". The finance industry (where I work) needs it, because they want to sell products for people who want do defeat inflation. It`s funny that buying such products is called "saving", whereas simply putting aside a monetary unit for later because it is gaining buying power is called hording.  

That's no surprise. Currencies only started being floated in the late 20th century. It doesn't mean the gold standard worked well - it was just the prevailing system before Bretton Woods.

Slight inflation works well because there is an incentive to provide savings as credit for economic growth. Hoarding to me are savings removed from credit or economic investment. If you can expect considerable returns by removing monetary units from supply without risk, it becomes problematic for commerce.

I still believe cryptocurrencies have a role to play as a secondary currency but I can't see them replacing fiat long-term in their current form. I think they'll be useful as an inflation hedge. Until relatively recently gold was still used to consummate large contracts but now it's chiefly an inflation hedge.
Pages: « 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 [952] 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: