Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 [5045] 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722523 times)
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:09:44 PM

Isn't it possible to "mirror" the fork and simulate a main branch ?

Or Github should get their head out their ass. Making forks unsearchable is quite ludicrous. If the rumors are true and this is about to become their Code of Conduct, I'd recommend to switch to Codeplex. SJWs are ruining the interwebs.

Oh and smooth: Thanks for the reminder. I am quite proud of those quotes, especially in the context they were written!

Smooth is a core-dev of a smaller competitor, and the only reason he is here instead of developing his coin(s) is to try to disrupt / talk-down his competitor and go where the $ is, hoping some of it will come back to him.  If you check his post history you can see he does this to all his larger competitors on a daily basis, and at the same time he tries to takover his smaller competitors (e.g. he just took over Aeon and has acquired 2.4% of the supply).  For larger coins that aren't competing, he tries to promote his coins to ciphen $ from them too e.g. his core-teams recent panhandling on /r/Doge: https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/3fjz29/hello_shibes_im_one_of_the_mods_of_rmonero_ive/ctpggl5

He seems unaware that as a dev of a competitor and therefore totally biased, he looks like a real charlatan and destroys his own and his coin's credibility, but unfortunately there are enough people who still say 'I really respect that dev team' so he just carries on.

So he doesn't care what he is talking about, as long as you are talking with him, in his mind, the competitor is being denigrated and some of that $ will flow back to him. Therefore arguing with him or really talking about anything is pointless because he is fighting a war of words instead of trying to develop the best technology / community, which I think we all know is the only winning strategy in the real world.

So just IMHO, bottom line, it's best to ignore the dev-trolls that come here and not let them disrupt the conversation, or just point out that they are biased and making themselves look bad. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:55:51 PM

Smooth is a core-dev of a smaller competitor...

Smooth is indeed a core-dev... One with least professional attitude towards actual "development" I have ever seen. Instead of coding and hard work, he is posting on forums that have nothing to do with his project. Not even relevant important stuff, but actively going into other coin's threads and talking trash. just plain old rubbish marinated with poo-poo.

That alone should give you a sense why "the other coin" is doing "so well".
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:08:24 PM

Can somonedrop me a link with DASH price charts, since Bitfinex are delisting DASH, there is nothing else on Bitcoinwisdom.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 04:34:25 PM

Can somonedrop me a link with DASH price charts, since Bitfinex are delisting DASH, there is nothing else on Bitcoinwisdom.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:00:08 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 05:51:03 PM by bigrcanada

Smooth is indeed a core-dev... One with least professional attitude towards actual "development" I have ever seen. Instead of coding and hard work, he is posting on forums that have nothing to do with his project. Not even relevant important stuff, but actively going into other coin's threads and talking trash. just plain old rubbish marinated with poo-poo.

I believe trolling from ANY coin community is unacceptable, wither from us, xmr or anyone for that matter.  Unfortunately that is the new culture of the internet, where people can talk trash behind a computer screens and not have to worry about getting their teeth knocked out and not face the music.  Oh well...clearly that will never change now with the culture of tough talking keyboard peckers, so whats the point.  I for one...have my address up and full name for anyone that wants to visit and go old school, and talk trash in person, we'll sort it out then.  Kiss  LoL  in the mean I'm going out for a ride! 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
blobafett2

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:35:30 PM

I believe trolling from ANY coin community is unacceptable, wither from us, xmr or anyone for that matter.  Unfortunately that is the new culture of the internet, where people can talk trash behind a computer screens and not have to worry about getting their teeth knocked out and not face the music.  Oh well...clearly that will never change now with the culture of tough talking keyboard peckers, so whats the point.  I for one...have my address up and full name for anyone that wants to visit and go old school, and talk trash in person, we'll sort it out then.  Kiss  LoL

I think the truth is it doesn't really matter what the FUD is on BCT, most users already chose which coin they support for their own reasons.  

The smart money can spot the FUD / charlatans very quickly because they can just look at what are the real achievements / delivery record of the developers, how active is the community in terms of progressing the coin constructively, and what is the actual unique value of the work they did compared to the most similar coins and what is the future potential of that tech.

Dash obviously scores top in all those fields; the dev's consistently deliver unique and valuable features, there is a thriving / constructive community on dashtalk, and with the Dash dev's innovating their own features like InstantX, built-in mixing, masternodes, it's a lot harder to copy the tech or even when other coins do, Dash devs are the experts and already far ahead innovating the next thing to maintain the lead.

I know this is 100% obvious to all the members here, just stating the obvious with the latest FUD attacks so it's said, these FUD'sters know exactly what buttons to press, in the end as Dash's tech leads the market, they will be back to FUD'ing for chump-change and -talking- about being better instead of delivering, so best to ignore it Wink

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:45:21 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the comment in the red box below is true. Matches the type of people we got to know here (it wasn't deleted because it's not his account)
Oh btw: This isn't offtopic! He bashes Dash in the video @11:50

blobafett2

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:50:14 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 06:30:41 PM by blobafett2

LOL - I won't stoke the fires - lol
[but I want to - lol]

It's hard because there are some real nasty characters who want what Dash has and don't want to play fair to get it (like by developing competitive features) and they are PRO FUD-artists who know how to play on people's emotions.  

Just remember these kind of people move from scam to scam trying to take advantage of others and filled with hate all day to make a living, that's a pretty horrid existence.  

I think Dash is a good hearted community, 99% of the conversation is how to help people by making a better version of bitcoin, the dev's just keep their heads down and work hard and deliver. Can you imagine if they were on all their competitor's threads FUD'ing?  This is what counts, the real market isn't stupid like some BCT operators seem to think.  

The FUD doesn't matter, but engaging with it distracts the conversation which is what they want.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:07:54 PM

trolls presence in this thread is mind blowing

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:16:31 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the comment in the red box below is true. Matches the type of people we got to know here

^ Here's some more of that "professional demeanor" bigrcanada. You must be proud of this bunch, quoting an uncorroborated personal attack from a brand new account with zero activity. "I wouldn't be surprised to learn" that one of your wonderful associates with the "professional demeanor" put that there.
blobafett2

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:19:44 PM

so back to the important stuff...

Anyone know yet when the new version is released?   Has the testing gone smooth?
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:21:31 PM

Anyone know yet when the new version is released?   Has the testing gone smooth?

lol...

i almost thought that you ask smooth about the new wallet... lol.... i  mean how can he code new wallet when he was here all the time Huh LOL...

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:33:07 PM

snip

I don't think anyone has a real clue what would happen with the price. I sold all my BTC at $289.00 on July 29th and am very reluctant to go back. I also sold half of my DASH because I am scared of the short-term price movement while hopeful to be able to load up if the price of either BTC or DASH plunges.

DASH team / development seems as a project that has stamina (not to talk about the vision) to stay in this brutal game of changing the world of finance long term and to emerge as a winner, but with the world falling apart I have absolutely no clue will the upcoming stock market crisis result in crypto also crashing or not.

My overall feeling is that what's going on in the real world keeps the masses from anything new and abstract like crypto-currencies. I have clients all over the world and tried to introduce either DASH or BTC as a form of payment because costs of wire-transferring the money or PayPaling it makes a huge dent in our already thin margins but no one even wanted to consider my suggestion. And these were all IT people...

This does not bode well for a long-term prospects. In the nine months since I gather the data, a number of Dashtalk members rose from 1,853 on November 6th, 2014 to 3,160 today, August 10th, 2015. So, 1,307 people, or 130 per a month or roughly 4 - 5 people per a day are entering this sphere. The growth in this particular metric is flat-lined so the interest is not picking up despite really mind-blowing revolutionary advances Evan and the team are making.

We're still a lunatic fringe of a marginal movement that might not be a bad thing at all  Smiley but will the humanity, as fucked up as it seems to be, be able to grasp and embrace a whiff of freedom it is given is entirely beyond me.

This is a great post. I too have become skeptical of crypto over the last year and a half. There are times when I wonder if we aren't creating a solution where there is no problem? Decentralization sounds amazing, but does anybody really care? Low fee value transfers are great, but it's too hard to use.

It's also very frustrating that Dash is one of the best projects out there, but nobody will give us the time of day. Our marketcap languishes sub-$20 million, and mentioning Dash anywhere on these forums gets you flamed and mocked (outside of this thread, of course). How can we have such drastically superior technology and not even be a niche of a niche?

Every day the price of bitcoin trends down further. Greece/China gave us a nice run up, but of course once those crises passed, the price began to collapse again. I'm reminded of  the saying "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

For now, here's hoping. Cheers!

P.S. For the record, let's go through how a U.S. customer buys Dash.

1) Register on an exchange such as Circle or Kraken or Coinbase.
2) Usually fill out a bunch of KYC information.
3) Input bank account info.
4) Make an ACH transfer into your account on the exchange.
5) Wait 3-5 business days. Now you have bitcoin. To convert back to fiat, reverse the process, all-the-while dealing with deposit and withdrawal limits.
6) To get Dash, set up a new account at another exchange like Cryptsy
7) Send your BTC there, buy Dash, send to wallet. (Alternately, you could use Shapeshift.io and avoid creating an extra account.)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
blobafett2

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:36:20 PM

Anyone know yet when the new version is released?   Has the testing gone smooth?

cool

'Things' in Test-net are moving along nicely

Working on a couple of bugs - which is to be expected

Won't be long now :-D

Good stuff!  Can't thank the team enough for all the hard work they do, and the community members who help with the testing and support (like I know you do Mangled from reading DashTalk Smiley).  

I think a lot of Dash's unique features the team are building are way ahead and not fully appreciated yet in the existing market (like all good disruptive techs) - Budget system is another one like that I think, looking forward to seeing what comes out of it  Grin
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 06:42:39 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 06:57:35 PM by Macrochip

"I wouldn't be surprised to learn" that one of your wonderful associates with the "professional demeanor" put that there.

I see no comment by Mr. Let-her-pee below it refuting the argument made.
Not defending yourself is an admission of guilt. Of course you gonna say I just made that up. Well, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfL58z4E70o

Edit: inb4 "Evan never defended himself against my accusations boohoo, he's guilty!" despite everbody knowing he refuted every retarded argument ever made against Dash early last year and trolls couldn't come up with new criticism since then.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 07:02:35 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 07:21:20 PM by bigrcanada

LOL!  Hey...I'm always up for a good scrap at our mma classes.  Your more then welcome to come spar! Wink

EDIT:  To be fair, I'm fighting in the Heavy Weight Class, just so there aren't any surprises.
 Grin

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:03:16 PM

Mr. Let-her-pee

bigrcanada, I'm wondering when the "professional demeanor" starts?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:07:10 PM

Mr. Let-her-pee

says a dev to a crypto-end-user...  Huh
blobafett2

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:08:54 PM

Mr. Let-her-pee

says a dev to a crypto-end-user...  Huh

any dev that wants to learn what a "professional demeanor" is should start here I think Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=107946;sa=showPosts or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

oh the irony... Shocked

can we get back to Dash now?  Huh
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

Well....as you can imagine, some people are just fed up with being politically correct and all the shit spewing around.  I find it all humorous myself.  It seems most forums of ANY KIND on ANY TOPIC seems to be the domain of the mal-adjusted.   Not sure why people, any people, find it necessary to be so obnoxious.   But...I'm off to enjoy some sunshine and some open high-way....I think more people should do the same!

Pages: « 1 ... 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 5033 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 [5045] 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: