Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722601 times)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:29:37 PM

I tested darksend today!

I must say, I like it that you can premix your coins and then use that "dark balance" for sending anonymous transactions  Grin
Pretty impressed by the GUI as well.

My only remark (also related to the thing below) is that it took nearly 3 hours to mix 2 DASH... That seems a bit slow, but hopefully if we get more masternodes online, that won't be an issue anymore. But I'm willing to wait a bit. Privacy has a price, in this case it's waiting time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mixing slow sometimes because of a lack of people mixing, not the number of masternodes?

That's right. There are plenty of masternodes available for mixing, it depends on the funds available for mixing. Sometimes smaller amounts (and larger) can be a bit troublesome. The mixing process tries to split the sum requested for anonymisation into denominations of 0.1, 1, 10  and 100 I think, not sure if there are any others. I've found that it doesn't usually take too long to have say 20 mixed up if you're mixing 30, but if you're looking for all of it to be mixed up sometimes it can take quite a bit longer to get the very last remnants mixed up.

With regards to the fee, that is related to to the lowest mixing denomination of 0.1. If you need to pay, for example, 1.63, the transaction will need to be rounded up to 1.7. If instead you received the 0.07 as change, it may reduce the obscurity of the trasaction. If you want you could increase the payment to 1.699 and the fee would only be  0.001 DASH. It may not always be possible to change the amount though, due to an exact amount be required for some good or service, in which case the higher fee must be paid if DarkSend is used.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:34:20 PM

Please to upvote my post warning about problems with Cryptsy withdrawals since the 5th Oct:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nkotr/cryptsy_responds_to_coinfire

Otohs 1 point 26 minutes ago

I had over $50,000 on Cryptsy on the 5th Oct, I sold (at a loss) for BTC, LTC & DASH, I was able to withdraw the 8,433 DASH, but the 2,886 LTC & 76.24 BTC have been stuck there for over one week, I was then locked out of my account and dealing with support has been a nightmare, fobbed off with "you're in a queue" or ignored mostly.

I would not advise risking any funds there atm.

Will update on developments...

We were all worried about you there Sad  I hope you can get access to your account back soon, and especially your funds back!  I'm sorry about that Sad

Many thanks, I got access to my account back, but no sign of the BTC or LTC as yet and no response for the last couple of days to my many support requests, no explanation, no money, nothing.

If I may advise, try to revert your pending transactions, so you have all of the balance available in your account. Subsequently, try to find the coins that are still sufficiently available for withdrawal (ArticMine suggested this as well if I recall correctly). Perhaps using smaller, but significant amounts first. Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get everything out in the end.

The withdrawals show as pending on the View All Withdrawals page, but on the All Balances page where one would normally be able to cancel them and retrieve the coins to one's balances it says that there are no pending withdrawals, they've disappeared them.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:36:22 PM

I £^%$%$ am! That shit creeps in anywhere it can find the slightest opening and the exchanges are so wide open to it the make a barn door look small. I'd love to give cryptsy the benefit of the doubt but if they had full reserves there's be absolutely no issue with withdrawals, their business would suffer with these claims but delays kill confidence and they'd do everything in their power to avoid them.

The thought they might be running a fractional reserve scheme has crossed my mind. The question is, in such a scenario, what have they done with people's BTC? And, if the BTC market is oversold due to the fractional reserve practices where BTCs are "supposed" to be in cryptsy, but they have been loaned or sold to pressure price, then what does that mean for BTC's price when clients come back knocking for their BTC?

Anyway...

I don't like the situation with crypto exchanges at all. It's like they are regressing into worse behavior instead of eliminating problems.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:36:51 PM

Please to upvote my post warning about problems with Cryptsy withdrawals since the 5th Oct:

I had over $50,000 on Cryptsy on the 5th Oct, I sold (at a loss) for BTC, LTC & DASH, I was able to withdraw the 8,433 DASH, but the 2,886 LTC & 76.24 BTC have been stuck there for over one week, I was then locked out of my account and dealing with support has been a nightmare, fobbed off with "you're in a queue" or ignored mostly.

We were all worried about you there Sad  I hope you can get access to your account back soon, and especially your funds back!  I'm sorry about that Sad

Many thanks, I got access to my account back, but no sign of the BTC or LTC as yet and no response for the last couple of days to my many support requests, no explanation, no money, nothing.

If I may advise, try to revert your pending transactions, so you have all of the balance available in your account. Subsequently, try to find the coins that are still sufficiently available for withdrawal (ArticMine suggested this as well if I recall correctly). Perhaps using smaller, but significant amounts first. Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get everything out in the end.

When the withdraw operation is confirmed (yes) but you don't receive your founds, it can be reverted manually only by cryptsy. I think and hope is only a time matter.

Yes, this seems to be the case.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:37:36 PM

The withdrawals show as pending on the View All Withdrawals page, but on the All Balances page where one would normally be able to cancel them and retrieve the coins to one's balances it says that there are no pending withdrawals, they've disappeared them.

i had the same issue. lasted 2 days and they were sent. maybe its dependent what size the withdrawal is.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 09:38:12 PM

Sure, but it is kind of strange how they all seem to support the same project. So whatever technological merits monero might have, they are (to my mind at least) cancelled out by the fact that the project seems to attract sociopaths in great numbers

You're not the only one who's noticed that.

The subtle common factor amongst many of them  - either implicitly or explicitly - is a mindset that believes in the supremacy of technology over the human.

Here's a backgrounder, straight from one of its own staff members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=971275.0

Why do you think they bang on about 'math' so much and dismiss the need for public accountability in blockchains. Worship of academic prowess over practical endeavour. Immunity to humour etc. It's a (cult) mindset and it has infected this whole sector of bitcointalk. (It's also, by the way, what informs and fuels their hatred of the 'instamine' because that was a human failing - a kind of intolerable breach of a sacred technological 'rule').

Nowhere amongst all the technological sabre rattling is there ever any sober analysis of money a' la Antonopolis. i.e. as a sociological phenomenon. They think this is nothing more than a race for technological supremacy. In fact money is historically a low tech, sociological, messy, complex concept as I've been trying to express over a few hundred thread pages. Expecting acknowledgement of that fact from the 'techo-cult', though would be like asking Count Dracula to dine on a meal of baked garlic and shallots with aioli served up on a platter blessed by the Holy Father himself.

As I say, I'm not accusing everyone of being consciously signed up 'cult' members, but the ones that aren't who we regularly run into sure are unconscious subscribers to that mindset as illustrated by deranged posts such as this.

Funnily, in an interesting bit of "rabbit hole" trivia, there is a sci-fi culture/genre known as "Cyberpunk" which is loosely associated with transhumanism by many. One term originating in this genre (created by William Gibson in the Novel 'Neuromancer') to do with hacking into protected networks is "Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics" (ICE).

In Neuromancer, a piece of software designed to break through such ICE's is known as, (surprise) an ICEbreaker.

In fact, a bit like what this bit of software does....

As it happens, the company that built and marketed that software was started by a certain personality, well known on BCT who would later go on to do even "greater" things at a company called "Hashfast".

Just a co-incidence, of course.  Wink

If your post was about or even mentioned Dash it would be on-topic.

But it does not, so it isn't.

Why don't you help your cargo cult with Duff-splaining Dash's massive instamine, instead of discussing irrelevant personalities and biographies?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

I tested darksend today!

I must say, I like it that you can premix your coins and then use that "dark balance" for sending anonymous transactions  Grin

My only remark (also related to the thing below) is that it took nearly 3 hours to mix 2 DASH... That seems a bit slow, but hopefully if we get more masternodes online, that won't be an issue anymore. But I'm willing to wait a bit. Privacy has a price, in this case it's waiting time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mixing slow sometimes because of a lack of people mixing, not the number of masternodes?
Yes, it is wallet funds that mix.  Masternodes coordinate.  We have several liquidity providers(wallets with funds available to mix) online to help with mixing.  So there are funds to mix with.  Please make sure you are running the latest version.  Also it takes along time for the last few % to get mixed.  So mix with more that what you need and stop it when you have enough.  It costs the same(0 or .01) no matter how much you mix.

The biggest delay with mixing seems to be unconfirmed transactions because all the mixing uses no fee transactions.  It can look like your mix is stuck for 15 or 30 minutes waiting for this transaction to confirm.  The suggestion I have is to mix when the network load is low.

Another thing I want to mention: when testing a transaction, it costed me 0.1 DASH as a fee. I know that with transactions, fees are involved, but 0.1 DASH (around 0.001 BTC or 0.25 USD) is pretty hefty. Will fees be lowered someday?

Any funds you send out with a darksend funds will be denominated with 0.1, 3.2, 10.3 etc..  So a .001 transaction rounds up to .1 and you are charged a .099 fee.  If you send a .1 amount or just under you won't get the .1 fee.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 09:44:21 PM

Sure, but it is kind of strange how they all seem to support the same project. So whatever technological merits monero might have, they are (to my mind at least) cancelled out by the fact that the project seems to attract sociopaths in great numbers

You're not the only one who's noticed that.

The subtle common factor amongst many of them  - either implicitly or explicitly - is a mindset that believes in the supremacy of technology over the human.

Here's a backgrounder, straight from one of its own staff members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=971275.0

Why do you think they bang on about 'math' so much and dismiss the need for public accountability in blockchains. Worship of academic prowess over practical endeavour. Immunity to humour etc. It's a (cult) mindset and it has infected this whole sector of bitcointalk. (It's also, by the way, what informs and fuels their hatred of the 'instamine' because that was a human failing - a kind of intolerable breach of a sacred technological 'rule').

Nowhere amongst all the technological sabre rattling is there ever any sober analysis of money a' la Antonopolis. i.e. as a sociological phenomenon. They think this is nothing more than a race for technological supremacy. In fact money is historically a low tech, sociological, messy, complex concept as I've been trying to express over a few hundred thread pages. Expecting acknowledgement of that fact from the 'techo-cult', though would be like asking Count Dracula to dine on a meal of baked garlic and shallots with aioli served up on a platter blessed by the Holy Father himself.

As I say, I'm not accusing everyone of being consciously signed up 'cult' members, but the ones that aren't who we regularly run into sure are unconscious subscribers to that mindset as illustrated by deranged posts such as this.

Funnily, in an interesting bit of "rabbit hole" trivia, there is a sci-fi culture/genre known as "Cyberpunk" which is loosely associated with transhumanism by many. One term originating in this genre (created by William Gibson in the Novel 'Neuromancer') to do with hacking into protected networks is "Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics" (ICE).

In Neuromancer, a piece of software designed to break through such ICE's is known as, (surprise) an ICEbreaker.

In fact, a bit like what this bit of software does....

As it happens, the company that built and marketed that software was started by a certain personality, well known on BCT who would later go on to do even "greater" things at a company called "Hashfast".

Just a co-incidence, of course.  Wink

Why don't you help your cargo cult with Duff-splaining Dash's massive instamine, instead of discussing irrelevant personalities and biographies?

This is very interesting topic, much more so than the constant instamine yammering
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 09:47:15 PM

Otah wtf! why you hold so much on cryptsy? Hope you get it back. but seriously take the lesson don't trust exchanges. withdraw straightaway, not when everyone is rushing for the exit
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:50:51 PM

When the withdraw operation is confirmed (yes) but you don't receive your founds, it can be reverted manually only by cryptsy. I think and hope is only a time matter.

Yes, this seems to be the case.
No, I have withdrawal "confirmed" and NO RESPONSE from support now for 4 days, so same as "pending"
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:53:56 PM

I tested darksend today!
There is a bug in latest version I think,
I asked Evan about it in Amsterdam, he was surprised is was running so slow. Am sure all will get sorted asap, as soon as everyone has got over their jet lag and dived back into the coding work.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 09:59:36 PM

Otah wtf! why you hold so much on cryptsy? Hope you get it back. but seriously take the lesson don't trust exchanges. withdraw straightaway, not when everyone is rushing for the exit

He's a trader. How else is he supposed to trade? You have to have funds of some sort on the exchange in order to do so =)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:03:58 PM

I tested darksend today!
Another thing I want to mention: when testing a transaction, it costed me 0.1 DASH as a fee. I know that with transactions, fees are involved, but 0.1 DASH (around 0.001 BTC or 0.25 USD) is pretty hefty. Will fees be lowered someday?

Try to find topic about "Dead Change" at dashtalk.
Darksend can cost you nothing sometimes. It rounds up to the smallest denomination and the change goes as a fee to miners/masternodes.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 10:11:31 PM

Roll Eyes

Good grief... The instamined had mere value $400k at that time and at today's value  still measly $3.5mil.  You couldn't build a building and equip it and staff it for that amount of money.

We need to proudly own the instamine and stop this useless yammering.    Hell I'd even advertise the fact as how we were able to fund full time devs! 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 10:13:40 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 11:36:35 PM by toknormal

Sorry. Thought you might have liked that bit of flattery  Wink

Back on topic as you say.

P.S. You have penetrated the Dashthread INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURES ELECTRONICS in an unsolicited social hack. You are therefore hereby identified as the Dashthread star iCEBREAKER.

Congratulations.

(Hope you don't mind me upgrading your avatar from that slightly poxy one that's now a bit long in the tooth  Wink  )
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:10:29 PM

Sorry. Thought you might have liked that bit of flattery  Wink
Back on topic as you say.
P.S. You have penetrated the Dashthread INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURES ELECTRONICS in an unsolicited social hack. You are therefore hereby identified as the Dashthread star iCEBREAKER.
Congratulations
(Hope you don't mind me upgrading your avatar from that slightly poxy one that's now a bit long in the tooth  Wink  )
Fanatical and cult-like, same as the wretch with the monero flyers at the presentation.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:35:34 PM

The post discusses the "instamine", hypothesizes some reasons why you and others that frequently troll this thread have an irrational and psychopathic hatred for Dash and this community, and points out some of the benefits to Dash's approach over Monero's (e.g., that it retains auditable blockchain) that potentially drive some of your cultish beliefs. This is yet another example of how you cherry-pick what you deem "on-topic" and "off-topic" on the basis of whether you like the content or not. Perhaps we've hit a sensitive nerve?

Stop trying to "save us" from the evil instamine. Everyone knows about it. I and practically everyone else here is very well-informed about the history of the coin. Could it have been launched better? Sure. Did Evan personally receive all 1.x million coins during the first two days? Not even close. Telling us yet again about the number of coins mined the first 24 hours doesn't change the fact that we have a great community with amazing technology and development that is addressing many of the problems facing crypto.

If Monero trolls put the same amount of effort into developing their coin and promoting it in a positive light, instead of trolling Dash, I'm willing to bet that they would have an amazing product by now. Dash got me into the alt scene... I was researching Monero at one point to invest there too... anonymity is a real problem to solve. But the despicable behavior... I really can't support such douche bags on moral grounds, even if your technology could hold a candle to Dash (which at this point, it can't... and falling behind further every minute your devs spend over on the Dash thread posting misinformation and repeating "scam" over and over).

ICEBREAKER - When are you guys going to mature as a community and realize that you are doing more harm than good? Not only to crypto, but TO YOUR OWN COIN? It boggles my mind that you can't see you are shooting yourself in the foot. I honestly think that toknormal is on to something about why you can't see past human error and can't forgive what was clearly a mistake. Go do something positive!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:55:10 PM

...and can't forgive what was clearly a mistake.

Relax on the humility. It was the 'mistake' that was the making of it.

Without that 'mistake' there'd have been none of the success. What the 'techno-cult' choke on and regular humans can digest is that - in all human endeavours - it's imperfection that ultimately breaks the deadlock of intellectual stagnation.
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:01:45 AM

...and can't forgive what was clearly a mistake.

Relax on the humility. It was the 'mistake' that was the making of it.

Without that 'mistake' there'd have been none of the success. What the 'techno-cult' choke on and regular humans can digest is that - in all human endeavours - it's imperfection that ultimately breaks the deadlock of intellectual stagnation.

There's no aspect of technical achievement where that's not true.
Agreed. Maybe I should phrase as a happy mistake, without which we would be experiencing much higher inflation today. Luckily for the instamine, dilution from mining is a very low percentage today, making investment safer (due to the lower inflation risk) than it otherwise would be this early in Dash's life.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:29:34 AM

If  you're not running a version 0.12.0.55 Masternode, you're putting the breaks on when people are trying to mix.  We still have about 18% on a different version which is messing up the mixing performance.  Like hitting a brick wall. 

So please update ASAP, thanks Cheesy

Answering your call! Kinda messed up server setups and no longer login as root so could not install dashman and was too lazy to update. But realized that i can physically  copy script and use it! So easy to update, no longer a burden!

Thank you so much!  I know a lot of people get busy Smiley  Hopefully the team can do something about the older versions (like ignore them when mixing or something)  Then we can have our cake and eat it too Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: