Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 [5657] 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:29:26 PM

Hey guys. I am kind of new here to Dash and have not had the time to read more about what is happening on it (all I know is that it focuses on anonymity), but can somebody explain to me why price keeps increasing over these last days? Last time I saw, it was $4.12 per DASH and now it is $5.09 (according to Coinmarketcap) Maybe it will go all the way over to $6....Is there something that I may have missed? Seems that DASH is getting pumped really hard. Too bad that I didn't buy any DASH when prices were at $1. But still I think it could be the right time to buy some.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 11:51:51 PM

Charities are going to love this as it keeps all their donations and donators (if that's the right word) private.

Can someone explain how my transactions would be private if I have to have an email address attached?  I missed that point.

I don't think your email is published (unless you choose to do so) but rather is encrypted and stored where only you can access it.  I think it's used mostly to make it more difficult to open millions of accounts, or password retrieval or something?? Smiley 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:04:51 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 12:16:04 AM by Jestah

Charities are going to love this as it keeps all their donations and donators (if that's the right word) private.

Can someone explain how my transactions would be private if I have to have an email address attached?  I missed that point.

I don't think your email is published (unless you choose to do so) but rather is encrypted and stored where only you can access it.  I think it's used mostly to make it more difficult to open millions of accounts, or password retrieval or something?? Smiley  

Email servers log IP addresses that's all I'm saying.  The private part of this currency is what was attractive to me nearly two years ago.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 12:08:50 AM

Tried to open the electrum prototype wallet got "Unable to login to dapi". I've created an account, but how do I login?

The server had crashed  Roll Eyes The software is pre-alpha basically... completely full of bugs

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:12:09 AM

Hey guys. I am kind of new here to Dash and have not had the time to read more about what is happening on it (all I know is that it focuses on anonymity), but can somebody explain to me why price keeps increasing over these last days? Last time I saw, it was $4.12 per DASH and now it is $5.09 (according to Coinmarketcap) Maybe it will go all the way over to $6....Is there something that I may have missed? Seems that DASH is getting pumped really hard. Too bad that I didn't buy any DASH when prices were at $1. But still I think it could be the right time to buy some.  Smiley

Dash started out wanting to make a private coin, but it is so much more now. 

The most likely reason for the price rise is because:

1. it seems 460,000 coins were stolen from cryptsy and the perp has been selling them over the past year driving the price down.  But the perp ran out of those coins (from blockchain analysis) in mid November, and since then it seems the price has been rising naturally due to the pressure stopping.

2.  Dash has only begun advertising itself.  Evan presented at Bitcoin Wednesday in Amsterdam as the first step, back in October, then in Mexico last month, and today was the last day of the North American Bitcoin Conference, where he was one of the speakers.  So we're becoming much better known in the community.

3.  People are just starting to find out that Dash is:

Instant (fully confirmed instantly)
Private and fully fungible
Has it's own independent funding via the blockchain
Has governance that allows for voting on how to spend that funding

And Evan just presented, at this week's conference, the plans for this year to implement what is called the Evolution update.  Basically Evolution will enable Dash to offer ease of use services like Paypal, while remaining entirely decentralized.  Dash is the first 2 tiered network, and now it will have a Decentralized Applications Programming Interface, which anyone can plug into to provide services, and at it's foundation, the first service providers will be the wallets which will be able to:

Privately and securely keep all your wallet information, all you have to do to access it is have a user name and password (and I believe 2FA will be coming eventually, it's just started)
Pay your contacts via their user name
Use the same wallet on any device, as non of the information will be on any device but rather on the network
Never lose your wallet, never have to back it up, never have to deal with all that confusing stuff.
Payments can have messages attached to them, so you never have to wonder where the funds came from or where they went, they will automatically be noted.

All this and more ^^^^  Decentralized, encrypted, sharded storage and so much more to come.

So why is Dash rising, well it's because we are one of the two most innovative projects, with a huge user base, with a rock solid, network and the world is just starting to take notice.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:24:37 AM

I'm really blown away by the two videos ! Great work!

DASH evolution presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhqfyaleRnI

DASH evolution demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHC40YmS0g

some price speculation:
0.02 definitely in sight ! i hope for a bigger retrace before we go there, but after these insane developments in DASH and the presentation we could go straight up there, too.

(Disclaimer Tongue I guess a buy the rumor sell the news event is also possible, and we topped already... i'm just speculating, so don't trust me!)

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:30:04 AM

...Basically Evolution will enable Dash to offer ease of use services like Paypal, while remaining entirely decentralized.  Dash is the first 2 tiered network, and now it will have a Decentralized Applications Programming Interface, which anyone can plug into to provide services, and at it's foundation, the first service providers will be the wallets which will be able to:

Privately and securely keep all your wallet information, all you have to do to access it is have a user name and password (and I believe 2FA will be coming eventually, it's just started)
Use the same wallet on any device, as non of the information will be on any device but rather on the network
Never lose your wallet, never have to back it up, never have to deal with all that confusing stuff.
Payments can have messages attached to them, so you never have to wonder where the funds came from or where they went, they will automatically be noted.

All this and more ^^^^  Decentralized, encrypted, sharded storage and so much more to come.

So why is Dash rising, well it's because we are one of the two most innovative projects, with a huge user base, with a rock solid, network and the world is just starting to take notice.

Thanks for enlightening me about this situation. Looks like Dash is growing everyday in development and user base. Evolution looks really cool and I will definitely make research to know more about it and Dash. I am just waiting for price to go down a little bit and start investing into it right away.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:49:30 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 02:24:22 AM by Riseman

A few weeks ago 1 BTC = 172.59 DASH

Today 1 BTC = 70 DASH

Soon we will see 1 BTC = 1 DASH

Do not forget, there is nothing impossible

Couldn't help it Grin
MightSellIt

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:59:05 AM

Obvious fake sell walls on polo..dont panic sell, pump just started
DefendKebab

Activity: 439

Hassan Al-Kebab

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:24:43 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 01:47:10 AM by DefendKebab

Obvious fake sell walls on polo..dont panic sell, pump just started
I saw , one big at poloniex 0.017  and a smaller one at trex at 0.016 i think he they wants more coins or shakeout people.

Güçlü Türkiye Kebab Defenderler
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:09:45 AM

Toknormal, any TA for us? I always enjoy your analysis!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:23:11 AM

...Basically Evolution will enable Dash to offer ease of use services like Paypal, while remaining entirely decentralized.  Dash is the first 2 tiered network, and now it will have a Decentralized Applications Programming Interface, which anyone can plug into to provide services, and at it's foundation, the first service providers will be the wallets which will be able to:

Thanks for enlightening me about this situation. Looks like Dash is growing everyday in development and user base. Evolution looks really cool and I will definitely make research to know more about it and Dash. I am just waiting for price to go down a little bit and start investing into it right away.

Good luck, if nothing else, crypto is very volatile, and if you're good (which I'm totally not, LOL) I'm sure you can get a good price still Cheesy

Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:40:13 AM

Seems like we have 100K in sells from those who missed the fun.
flailing Junk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:46:11 AM

A spike like that indicates insufficient liquidity. Liquidity is being provided.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:49:03 AM

A spike that that indicates insufficient liquidity. Liquidity is being provided.

Explain? I don't understand?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
flailing Junk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:53:21 AM

I failed at communicating, I meant "a spike like that." If that doesn't help just google liquidity it should make sense. 
Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:03:55 AM

I failed at communicating, I meant "a spike like that." If that doesn't help just google liquidity it should make sense. 

This is going to sound moronic... But hear me out... Those buy walls on polo wouldn't exist unless DASH holders who 'have a price' thought there's a real chance they could get bought into over the next few days... Just sayin'...

Walter
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:25:03 AM

This is going to sound moronic... But hear me out... Those buy walls on polo wouldn't exist unless DASH holders who 'have a price' thought there's a real chance they could get bought into over the next few days... Just sayin'...

Walter

hum? WOW ... trying to bear with you... say whaaaaahh ?

So... you essentially say that the buy walls are from Dash holders who "have a price", but choose to sell them anyway just to prove to themselves there are other people out there willing to buy their coins at a cheap rate?

Or did I not follow you at all? 'Cos yep, I gotta say, that did sound totally moronic  Tongue  Cheesy
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:35:42 AM

Walter

So... you essentially say that the buy walls are from Dash holders who "have a price", but choose to sell them anyway just to prove to themselves there are other people out there willing to buy their coins at a cheap rate?

Or did I not follow you at all? 'Cos yep, I gotta say, that did sound totally moronic  Tongue  Cheesy

or to check if the coins are already concentrated to their "inner circle" of pumpers/insiders/scammers

with concentration of coins in their hands, they will pull off a MEGA pump to convince newbs and not so newbs that it is the real deal...  Tongue

and DUMP on gullible newbs thinking they are gonne be rich within a month  Grin  Tongue
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:54:04 AM

Walter

I think he means that the price has gotten high enough that more Dash holders are willing to sell at.  Liquidity has it's balance.  When prices are low, nobody wants to pay more than a certain amount, and nobody wants to sell for less than a certain amount, the market can stagnate, which is what i think happened this past year. It's not the number of "whole" coins available to buy and sell but the actual movement of "coins" no matter the value.  So without anyone willing to sell below a certain price and others not willing to buy, the trades were kind of trickling.  

It seems that now, we've started hitting a point where people are willing to buy at prices others are willing to sell at, so more people are meeting in the middle, and thus liquidity is getting healthier and more people are putting up their coins to sell.

It's nice to see Bitcoin recovering.  I don't like to see it flounder.  It's not a good sign for the whole crypto space when Bitcoin isn't doing well :/

Pages: « 1 ... 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 [5657] 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: