Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 [5683] 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:57:46 PM

...When numbers get critical, demand will force supply to offer Dash in the form of first and second necessity goods.

So why bother to develop anything at all.  Let's just wait till Joe Consumer decides that he wants a DASH gateway and voila, it magically appears.

You must have missed my reasoning build-up. I say nothing of the sorts.

I only say that, IMHO, this proposal in particular is too big a balloon to fill. Plus, it's not needed at this moment. Plus, when it is needed, dedicated companies will jump to develop these products very very very quickly.

The DGbB is meant to help develop the ecosystem, absolutely. This is sort of half-funding a start-up of sorts, a business in itself. Sure it benefits Dash, but as a secondary effect of it's use. They are trying to re-invent the vending machine system and operation, which is absolutely doable, but a huge endeavour, and outside the scope of the Dash project. You guys can (should!!) definitely make a very cool sales pitch to present to already established companies and I'm sure they'd fall over their knees and fund you handsomely!

Here is a counter proposal for Solarminer and Camosoul. Develop an open-source vending retrofit system kit. That's it. To the point, simple and straight forward.

Simple, do-able, and scalable. Very low risk. With a flick of a finger you can industrialize it and be at the forefront of millions of already produced machines all over the world, that are already deployed and maintained.  This work will also be valid for hotel doors. Same thing, different machine. Same for subway tickets. Rinse and repeat infinitely. Other can pick up on the code and concept and diverse from it.

The overhead is dramatically lower and the sales potential exponentially higher. Dash gains with this, so do you.

Also, about the gas pump, I though the use of cellphones was prohibited in gas station in the US. I know it's a myth, but it is the law isn't it?

Please Solarminer and Camo, don't take this personally. You guys kicked ass with Dash n Drink!
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 06:59:02 PM

...When numbers get critical, demand will force supply to offer Dash in the form of first and second necessity goods.

So why bother to develop anything at all.  Let's just wait till Joe Consumer decides that he wants a DASH gateway and voila, it magically appears.

You must have missed my reasoning build-up. I say nothing of the sorts.

I only say that, IMHO, this proposal in particular is too big a balloon to fill. Plus, it's not needed at this moment. Plus, when it is needed, dedicated companies will jump to develop these products very very very quickly.

The DGbB is meant to help develop the ecosystem, absolutely. This is sort of half-funding a start-up of sorts, a business in itself. Sure it benefits Dash, but as a secondary effect of it's use. You are trying to re-invent the vending machine system and operation, which is absolutely doable, but a huge endeavour, and outside the scope of the Dash project.

Here is a counter proposal for Solarminer and Camosoul. Develop an open-source vending retrofit system kit. That's it. To the point, simple and straight forward.

Simple, do-able, and scalable. Very low risk. With a flick of a finger you can industrialize it and be at the forefront of millions of already produced machines all over the world, that are already deployed and maintained.  This work will also be valid for hotel doors. Same thing, different machine. Same for subway tickets. Rinse and repeat infinitely. Other can pick up on the code and concept and diverse from it.

The overhead is dramatically lower and the sales potential exponentially higher. Dash gains with this, so do you.

Also, about the gas pump, I though the use of cellphones was prohibited in gas station in the US. I know it's a myth, but it is the law isn't it?

Please Solarminer and Camo, don't take this personally. You guys kicked ass with Dash n Drink!

http://www.mattwhitlock.com/vendingpi/

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:06:58 PM

Sure! But what vendor would actually deploy a 0-conf settlement loaded machine? How long until it's exploited?

This is where Dash can kick serious ass, and not just look like a gimmick.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:09:32 PM

Sure! But what vendor would actually deploy a 0-conf settlement loaded machine? How long until it's exploited?

This is where Dash can kick serious ass, and not just look like a gimmick.

agreed, its the Dash which makes it possible to make instantx transaction, not the hardware

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:12:29 PM

True, and I think we have to work all the different aspect of adoption  in parallel.
What if everybody have their Dash (easy to buy fiat->Dash) and then, but but, we forgot the PoS... Ok go go.

IMHO I think we can work on the different part of the egg and chicken problem, together in parallel, while someone try to hatch the egg, the others try to  feed the chicken.

While I agree that many different avenues should be worked on in parallel, it's important to realize that we are limited people and funding. Focus is important. This is already a concern for me in the Evolution documentation. A lot of great ideas but a bit unfocused. I understand and have faith that as development takes place the list will get shortened and focused.

I think the incredible lackluster response merchants have seen from consumers after the hype of offering Bitcoin as a payment method has died down should be an indication that POS solutions are not the place to focus right now. Keep in mind a merchant can signup in a couple minutes with coinbase or bitpay and accept 0-conf BTC transactions with no risk. Very few brick and mortar places see any customers with a desire to pay in Bitcoin.

We have a tiny fraction of the number of Bitcoin users. Focus should be on developing the core technology, online services, expanding user base first and foremost. Making it easier for people to buy and use Dash, as mentioned above. Focus should be online. It's the difference between launching a website and a local print magazine.

I think it's a nice dream that we are ready to focus on POS solutions a this point, something I hope maybe we get to. However, I don't believe it's in any way an appropriate or strategic use of limited resources right now.

And just to put it out there, as a business investor, having read Camo's recent posts DashTalk (And all the other drama over the last 2 years), I'm wary to invest in someone with such thin skin that he threatens to rage quit at the first sign of criticism.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:30:30 PM

While I totally applaud the effort, no one will use these vending machines with Dash. They may use the blockchain and Apple Pay or NFC, but never Dash. Why? 'Cos you have to buy Dash to spend Dash.

The driver here is the merchant, not the customer.  The customer can simply use apple pay attached to a credit card because they don't see a cost associated with that.  The Merchant on the other hand, sees 3-5% bank fees, chargebacks, disputes, delays in getting funds from the bank.  DASH solves those problems for the Merchant.

It does, but the driver can only drive if there is an engine, and in this case that's the consumer.

A consumer will only consume if there is a necessity, or a problem solved.

If the merchant can sell a soda cheap enough for the hassle of the consumer to go out and buy Dash, bingo. Unfortunately, that is impossible right now. The actual Point of Sale makes it cheaper, but down the chain he'll have to convert to FIAT to keep his business alive. Add volatility, and the merchant is now a gambler. That is why BitPay et al. exist.

It's not viable for either at this moment. That, unfortunately, is the cold truth.

Why would anybody use email when we have a perfectly good postal system?

Why would anybody drive in an automobile when we have perfectly good horses?

Email is thousands of times faster, and free, and simple to use.

Cars are hundreds of times faster and easier to maintain.

Crypto-currency saves money on fees and takes control away from centralized banks and (currently) is complicated as hell to understand and use.

...there's really no comparison. The advantages aren't nearly as compelling.
Cars are not "hundreds of times faster" than a galloping horse, you nincompoop.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:42:09 PM

While I totally applaud the effort, no one will use these vending machines with Dash. They may use the blockchain and Apple Pay or NFC, but never Dash. Why? 'Cos you have to buy Dash to spend Dash.

The driver here is the merchant, not the customer.  The customer can simply use apple pay attached to a credit card because they don't see a cost associated with that.  The Merchant on the other hand, sees 3-5% bank fees, chargebacks, disputes, delays in getting funds from the bank.  DASH solves those problems for the Merchant.

It does, but the driver can only drive if there is an engine, and in this case that's the consumer.

A consumer will only consume if there is a necessity, or a problem solved.

If the merchant can sell a soda cheap enough for the hassle of the consumer to go out and buy Dash, bingo. Unfortunately, that is impossible right now. The actual Point of Sale makes it cheaper, but down the chain he'll have to convert to FIAT to keep his business alive. Add volatility, and the merchant is now a gambler. That is why BitPay et al. exist.

It's not viable for either at this moment. That, unfortunately, is the cold truth.

Why would anybody use email when we have a perfectly good postal system?

Why would anybody drive in an automobile when we have perfectly good horses?

Email is thousands of times faster, and free, and simple to use.

Cars are hundreds of times faster and easier to maintain.

Crypto-currency saves money on fees and takes control away from centralized banks and (currently) is complicated as hell to understand and use.

...there's really no comparison. The advantages aren't nearly as compelling.
Cars are not "hundreds of times faster" than a galloping horse, you nincompoop.

Well, they do have better range!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

So, borrowing from the Silk Road playbook, we should be targeting products where the customer wants privacy. From a vending machine point of view, here's a short list of products that apply:
1. Cannabis (where legal).
2. Condoms.
3. Pregnancy tests.
4. Sex toys.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:48:32 PM

Until you can pay for food, rent, clothing, healthcare, etc etc with Dash, you can never close the loop.

The plan is to start with a vending machine just so we can implement new core features and do real world testing, then we move to gas pumps, and merchants(food, rent, clothing...).  The goal is to improve the experience vendors/merchants will have adopting dash.

We are adding features on this first product - multiple product selection, inventory control, serial connection software, better single board computer(Odroid-XU4).  We are also customizing the daemon so it can work faster with slow CPUs, along with finding ways to limit data usage.  More advanced wallets with multiple product selection ability.  It would be too much of a leap to go to a retail store until we can test IX and the software and wallets in a limited risk environment.

I think we can take advantage of the coin changer as a way to do a Dash purchase ATM, but I don't have all the details and am not promising anything.  Only that if it is legal we will figure out how to make it work.  The principle of an ATM is really a stop gap solution.  Bitcoin and it's slow confirmation time can only work if it has ATMs to do point of sale.  Bitcoin won't have point of sale adoption because the merchant won't take the risk of double spend 0 confirmation transactions.  Dash has InstantX so it doesn't need ATMs to get to point of sale.  Do we need a Dash to Fiat exchange, yes.  How much easier do you think it would be to get an investor if we had some concrete examples of Dash products in use?

There are a few ways to look at why any merchant would switch to Dash.
#1  Use a 3rd party like bitpay to instantly convert Dash to fiat at the merchant.  Sounds easy right?  There is little advantage to this scenario.  The fees(now or future) will still be high.  The user experience is now pushed on to Bitpay and how fast their system is.
#2  Use a debit card preloaded with Dash.  There is no advantage to this scenario.  It would be simpler to just use the debit card with Fiat.  The fees are hidden in converting fiat to Dash or with non use fees.
#3  Accept Dash directly.  This gives the most advantages.  ~0 fees.  Fast transactions.  No charge backs.  Unless we actually make this easy, #1 or #2 will get rolled out and the advantages to using Dash start to be limited.  Sure this is a big leap, but the benefits are huge.  Plus it opens the options for new features.

Now what if we add these features they don't have today?
#3a Dash Fast Gas.  You would pay via wifi through your phone.  Pay with your phone, pump and your change is returned.  The advantage here is we bypass all of the credit card payment stuff.  The merchant doesn't have to deal with charge backs, drive-offs, or fees.  The user advantage is that they can use their phone to pay without getting out of their vehicle(like if is 10 below outside).

#3b Dash Fast Lane.  No registers, no space for lanes, all product scanning and paying done with your phone.  Now any merchant can accept dash without even using a complicated POS system.  This is what we want.  This is the type of product that users will choose for faster checkouts and merchants will want because they don't need to waste space with register lanes or pay credit card fees.

There are many more products(including some 'interesting' ones) than just these, but this should give you and idea of what is possible and where we want to go.  We are creating the technology, not focusing on specific products.

The other item that I am maybe not making clear, the goal of Dash shouldn't just be to make a computer to computer transfer system.  We need it to be used outside of an office.  We were able to implement mobile IX sending because we made something that needed it.  I see similar advances here.  If we focus on merchant usage, the Dash features and functionality will come up to speed much faster.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:54:16 PM

Until you can pay for food, rent, clothing, healthcare, etc etc with Dash, you can never close the loop.

The plan is to start with a vending machine just so we can implement new core features and do real world testing, then we move to gas pumps, and merchants(food, rent, clothing...).  The goal is to improve the experience vendors/merchants will have adopting dash.

We are adding features on this first product - multiple product selection, inventory control, serial connection software, better single board computer(Odroid-XU4).  We are also customizing the daemon so it can work faster with slow CPUs, along with finding ways to limit data usage.  More advanced wallets with multiple product selection ability.  It would be too much of a leap to go to a retail store until we can test IX and the software and wallets in a limited risk environment.

I think we can take advantage of the coin changer as a way to do a Dash purchase ATM, but I don't have all the details and am not promising anything.  Only that if it is legal we will figure out how to make it work.  The principle of an ATM is really a stop gap solution.  Bitcoin and it's slow confirmation time can only work if it has ATMs to do point of sale.  Bitcoin won't have point of sale adoption because the merchant won't take the risk of double spend 0 confirmation transactions.  Dash has InstantX so it doesn't need ATMs to get to point of sale.  Do we need a Dash to Fiat exchange, yes.  How much easier do you think it would be to get an investor if we had some concrete examples of Dash products in use?

There are a few ways to look at why any merchant would switch to Dash.
#1  Use a 3rd party like bitpay to instantly convert Dash to fiat at the merchant.  Sounds easy right?  There is little advantage to this scenario.  The fees(now or future) will still be high.  The user experience is now pushed on to Bitpay and how fast their system is.
#2  Use a debit card preloaded with Dash.  There is no advantage to this scenario.  It would be simpler to just use the debit card with Fiat.  The fees are hidden in converting fiat to Dash or with non use fees.
#3  Accept Dash directly.  This gives the most advantages.  ~0 fees.  Fast transactions.  No charge backs.  Unless we actually make this easy, #1 or #2 will get rolled out and the advantages to using Dash start to be limited.  Sure this is a big leap, but the benefits are huge.  Plus it opens the options for new features.

Now what if we add these features they don't have today?
#3a Dash Fast Gas.  You would pay via wifi through your phone.  Pay with your phone, pump and your change is returned.  The advantage here is we bypass all of the credit card payment stuff.  The merchant doesn't have to deal with charge backs, drive-offs, or fees.  The user advantage is that they can use their phone to pay without getting out of their vehicle(like if is 10 below outside).

#3b Dash Fast Lane.  No registers, no space for lanes, all product scanning and paying done with your phone.  Now any merchant can accept dash without even using a complicated POS system.  This is what we want.  This is the type of product that users will choose for faster checkouts and merchants will want because they don't need to waste space with register lanes or pay credit card fees.

There are many more products(including some 'interesting' ones) than just these, but this should give you and idea of what is possible and where we want to go.  We are creating the technology, not focusing on specific products.

The other item that I am maybe not making clear, the goal of Dash shouldn't just be to make a computer to computer transfer system.  We need it to be used outside of an office.  We were able to implement mobile IX sending because we made something that needed it.  I see similar advances here.  If we focus on merchant usage, the Dash features and functionality will come up to speed much faster.

The college store business might be a good one. Tech savvy college students combined with iPad "line busters" that the PoS manufacturers sell (an employee with an iPad set up as a mobile cash register)...could be very good. Plus there are only a few systems vendors. MBS is the one we use.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:55:44 PM

Fascinating discussion. Good stuff! Here's a meta-level perspective, fwiw.

A century-old joke goes: "they eked out a precarious livelihood by taking in each other's washing". One way of looking at fiat is that it somehow does exactly that. It goes round-and-round forever, and we all live happily ever after (except for all the historical fiat collapses and the one that might be imminent). Fiat also has a built-in demand-generating attribute, namely that governments coercively tax people and then insist on payment in fiat currency of their own making - a huge built-in use case. "Gotta earn some money to pay my taxes. How 'bout you?"

Assuming that we have no appetite for copying fiat's coercive quality, another way to make progress with the crypto chicken/egg problem is to invent compelling round-and-round use cases. The vending machine demo, fabulous though it was, did not have that round-and-round quality. Fiat/crypto ATMs do not have it either.

The MN model has a version of it. We buy MNs with DASH (partly) in order to earn DASH with which to buy MNs. Closed loop, increasing demand, no fiat involved. It's a brilliant idea, the trolls notwithstanding.

I think any use case that involves fiat, no matter how well-intentioned, has the side effect of undermining the crypto it might be trying to help.

I would love to trot out an irresistible closed-loop viral crypto use case suggestion now, but inspiration fails. One of you will do it soon, I bet.            Wink

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:07:58 PM

ETA : 4 days (2nd of February, 2016)

https://liberty.me/live/the-tatiana-show-dash-digital-currency/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwIHtfmlVg

cool video (All Liberty by Happy Tragedy ) : https://www.youtube.com/user/libertydotme
Is that Dash and Bitcoin flirting with each other ?  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:47:28 PM

We are adding features on this first product - multiple product selection, inventory control, serial connection software, better single board computer(Odroid-XU4).  We are also customizing the daemon so it can work faster with slow CPUs, along with finding ways to limit data usage.  More advanced wallets with multiple product selection ability.  It would be too much of a leap to go to a retail store until we can test IX and the software and wallets in a limited risk environment.

That is the point entirely Sol ... I absolutely LOVE your idea, and I absolutely would LOVE to see it happen. But the truth is that these type of proposals are not what DGbB was created for. Again, you are attempting to redesign an industry from the ground up, which is absolutely brilliant! There is no doubt this can only do good to us all, but this is not for the direct benefit of Dash development. Plus, it's simply too much overhead involved and a high risk of non-delivery.

In the future, other porposals will surface, and it will be natural that old ones be downvoted. Your project simply cannot survive a funding blackout.

Undecided I know this sucks to read, and I hate saying this, but I feel I must express my thoughts.

I have been brewing an (obvious) idea to achieve the same result. Propose the funding of an mk1 non-FIAT WP payment processor plugin for Dash. Still researching and debating with some team members so I can structure a proposal better. The idea is the same at its core as yours, just a different target merchant. This will be software only, outsourced, very low cost and highly deployable throughout thousands of online stores worldwide. The idea came because I'm opening a little web-shop later this year for a very specific target audience and I plan on offering serious discount if payed with Dash, so I incentivise people to go and get Dash because the discount alone will be a huge incentive.

I pay the raw material out of my FIAT pocket and earn Dash, people are happy they get stuff much cheaper, Dash wins as it starts gaining adoption. win-win-win.

Even still, I think this plugin will have very low traction. But it will be there, instantly deployable, in the WP plugin "repo", for anyone to use.

Point being, I'm not asking funding to develop my website, but a plugin that thousands can download and use. See the difference here?

Again, don't take it the wrong way guys. Propose a Dash 'n Drink exposition at the Vendors Of America World Expo, and I'm all over it. That would do more good to Dash, than the development of a fully blown vending machine and stock management system that is deployed somewhere and nobody uses it, getting the odd count view on a youtube video.

You've got to realise that great changes to established industries do not penetrate easy. Even world changing ones. There are compliances that need to met, there are standards that are forced to be maintained, there are huge associated industries that lobby together to maintain status-quo, taxation etc etc... this is a huge can of worm.

And I'm all for breaking all this sh!t up! But not through the DGbB

Undecided

Anyway, I think I've said enough on this topic and expressed my thoughts. I shall leave it at this.
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:15:39 PM

To be fair, the same goes for any currency, USD included... you gotta buy it (or be paid for your labor with it) to use it... so what?

USD is 100% premined, and instamined $2Trillion+/year by people who are not me...

I'd rather take my chances with crypto than fiat

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:37:23 PM

Undecided I know this sucks to read, and I hate saying this, but I feel I must express my thoughts.

I have been brewing an (obvious) idea to achieve the same result. Propose the funding of an mk1 non-FIAT WP payment processor plugin for Dash. Still researching and debating with some team members so I can structure a proposal better. The idea is the same at its core as yours, just a different target merchant. This will be software only, outsourced, very low cost and highly deployable throughout thousands of online stores worldwide. The idea came because I'm opening a little web-shop later this year for a very specific target audience and I plan on offering serious discount if payed with Dash, so I incentivise people to go and get Dash because the discount alone will be a huge incentive.

Well, I think your effort to make a Dash plugin is great.  And that may gain some adoption.  I don't see web purchasing as a clear advantage for Dash.  Bitcoin or any other bitclone can do this.  The 10+ block time isn't a big deal, since you only ship once a day.  If you did this and required InstantX for movies or something that people want for instant download, then you have something.  Micropayments would also be a huge win for dash with the low fees.

I already approached a software company to design a payment terminal that would accept Dash for a gas station.  They couldn't do it.  They had no place to start.  InstantX?  what is that?  I detect it by what now?  dashd - huh?  Even if I could give them the Dash 101 and Dash 201 class, they still couldn't do it.  Even someone working in the Bitcoin space couldn't do InstantX detection.  This is cutting edge technology that isn't even possible without the developers in Dash helping us.  Once we build out the tools then other parties can deploy.

Now think about your payment plugin.  What if that could be used on a wifi portal that is in a retail store?  Now you can deploy to any store with just wifi and our smart box.  Using your phone you would scan each item and it adds it to your web portal shopping cart page and when done hit pay with your plugin.  The advantage with point of sale is huge!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:18:05 PM

Well, I think your effort to make a Dash plugin is great.  And that may gain some adoption.  I don't see web purchasing as a clear advantage for Dash.  Bitcoin or any other bitclone can do this.  The 10+ block time isn't a big deal, since you only ship once a day.  If you did this and required InstantX for movies or something that people want for instant download, then you have something.  Micropayments would also be a huge win for dash with the low fees.

I already approached a software company to design a payment terminal that would accept Dash for a gas station.  They couldn't do it.  They had no place to start.  InstantX?  what is that?  I detect it by what now?  dashd - huh?  Even if I could give them the Dash 101 and Dash 201 class, they still couldn't do it.  Even someone working in the Bitcoin space couldn't do InstantX detection.  This is cutting edge technology that isn't even possible without the developers in Dash helping us.  Once we build out the tools then other parties can deploy.

Now think about your payment plugin.  What if that could be used on a wifi portal that is in a retail store?  Now you can deploy to any store with just wifi and our smart box.  Using your phone you would scan each item and it adds it to your web portal shopping cart page and when done hit pay with your plugin.  The advantage with point of sale is huge!

I am 100% behind the idea. Just one detail... My webshop will be for "shits and giggles" of sorts. I dont plan to sell much, it's a not-for-serious-profit hobby project experiment. Let me explain. I found a niche market for a product that is hard to produce that I am lucky to have all the available resources to pull it off.  Its an high quality anodised aluminium pickguard done in difficult custom colors, for guitar nutters to customise and hot-rod their instruments. Which is exactly what I want to do for myself in about a month.

I found that producing a batch will have a minimum fixed cost that will produce one unit for myself, and about 15 "left-overs"... so what to do with the rest? Sell them! And keep rolling! Beats going through exchanges by a significant margin, if I manage to pull this off.

So yeah, I'm all into working together and collaborate with whatever I can. I'll meet you in Slack
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 11:18:45 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 11:48:18 PM by bigrcanada1

It's official!  Our winery website is up... You can now buy our wines and soon our retail items with bitcoin and...... DASH!!!  woot woot.  Super excited to have this launched.  Now you can meet who I am too... www.misconductwinec.com

Edit: We accept Bitcoin and DASH at our on site restaurant as well.

Cheers, Richard
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 12:05:37 AM

It's official!  Our winery website is up... You can now buy our wines and soon our retail items with bitcoin and...... DASH!!!  woot woot.  Super excited to have this launched.  Now you can meet who I am too... www.misconductwinec.com

Cheers, Richard

Nice website!  Shame you aren't in Scotland or I'd get a bottle or two, paying in Dash of course.
someredguy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:06:18 AM

Cheers, Richard

Congrats! Site looks amazing.

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:25:31 AM

Cheers, Richard

Very very nice!!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 [5683] 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: