Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 [5686] 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:35:33 AM

I'm kind of concerned about this "Satoshi Roundtable." The cops have been known to create events where they try to get all the people they want to arrest in one place at one time, and...

a bit paranoid aren't we?  Wink

what would they be discussing that is illegal any-ways?

It sounds like the Bilderberg of Crypto.

I bet the face-to-face connections you can make there are invaluable.

Maybe just don't all get on the same plane together Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 01:40:59 AM

I'm kind of concerned about this "Satoshi Roundtable." The cops have been known to create events where they try to get all the people they want to arrest in one place at one time, and...

a bit paranoid aren't we?  Wink

what would they be discussing that is illegal any-ways?

It sounds like the Bilderberg of Crypto.

I bet the face-to-face connections you can make there are invaluable.

Maybe just don't all get on the same plane together Tongue

lol.  fair enough.  yikes! Shocked
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:18:49 AM

This was the real attempt at trying to lock down BTC amongst a chosen few.  Played out more like a comedy....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174620.msg2141063#msg2141063

So are you saying that being invited to the Satoshi Round Table is like being invited to a private place to conspire against the world?

Personally, I would think that'd be a waste of time.

I'm hoping that Evan and Daniel will have a chance to step out of their focus on Dash, and mingle with people to learn instead of to teach (about Dash).  They'll have great conversations with people that are doing things I doubt that Daniel or Evan even know about.  They'll make connections, and get a broader view on what's up in the industry today.  I'm certain they'll come back more inspired than ever, but I doubt they'll come back with a conspiracy to dominate over everyone and control the world's finances, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:34:16 AM

Reimbursement Proposal for the Dash N Drink Instantx Miami Demo.The team Put in an original proposal to cover the costs of this project. We later resubmitted for a lower amount to expedite payment. There were significant costs associated with designing, building, transporting, and demonstrating this piece of awesomeness. You have to admit, it was a hit!

Below are the itemized expenses which will appear on our TPS report.
--------------------------------------------------------
Extra show charge for electricity and additional space. $750
Additional expenses for soda machine compressor. $200
Additional expenses for paint, paint gun, and thinner. $200
Parking expenses for vehicle and trailer. $150
Mobile Data Used $100
5 PIs and other parts destroyed during testing. $320
Several burnt up power supplies. $100
Hotel Expenses $430

As you can see, the amount requested does not begin to cover actual expenses. We are fine with this.

Please Vote on this important topic

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1e477007d555f9f8919ecbe3b4c457b6f269184924771c0117fbb48751bf23d6 yes

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 04:50:07 AM

So much for the idea that Crypty's stolen(?) Dash have already been sold.

It now appears BigVern still has control of 456,501 Dash, and can dump them off any time he feels like it, or the bankruptcy/divorce court compels him to do so.

Problem is that Cryptsy "opened" some wallets,but did not reveal total balances of coins.They cant explain why there are no coins in DASH or DOGE wallet if they were not hacked - they probably converted them to BTC and spent to cover exchange expenses.Because all of these shady things,criminal investigation is necessary.

I investigated blockchain for DASH and DOGE and could not find firm evidences about hack

I found DOGE Cryptsy hot wallet address DU4wp32x4kvHHqnhPXJ1LnzsS48LedJvbi with 120 millions of DOGE still in it.

Did you notice these txs?

$2.16M in Dash (456,501 @0.0081 BTC) http://explorer.dash.org/tx/ba798890d98936115001f69333956b558a4856c162516cb3ab46a6455de7a1eb
$2.05M in DOGE (9.727B @0.00000036 BTC) https://bitinfocharts.com/dogecoin/address/DN27P1saQQ1fYesKP1LHT5MdSXBpgqka85

Yes,I know for that

If you follow where DASH is going you would notice that from big DASH wallet(which address change with each tx) coins are going to address Xqi7sWthYKFPCK3KHcKq8BqY9vMcWy4r3t - Cryptsy hot wallet.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xqi7sWthYKFPCK3KHcKq8BqY9vMcWy4r3t.htm

So if anyone hacked Cryptsy DASH wallet why hacker would refill Cryptsy hot wallet regulary?

They know these wallets were not hacked,because people could easily trace their txs which came direct from wallets formed after 29.July.2014.But they cant explain how these wallets are empty and do not want to reveal balances.That is why we need CSI Miami

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:12:12 AM

Easy Voting ?
please see rango at DashWhale !
 Wink
https://www.dashwhale.org/budget

emitkirby

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 06:45:18 AM

This is why I think this budget proposal system needs work.
Please don't take this as an attempt to derail the good work you have done however.

Where are the receipts. Where is the accountability.
you asked for funding and you got it. Why should you get additional funding due to the fact you misquoted and need further funds.

This isn't a personal attack either. I have no doubt the costs incurred are accurate and the work done on the machine was worth every cent.

There has to be a line drawn, This is where my previous comments come into play. Had we engaged a company who built vending machines every day. Who incorporated Crypto payments into these machines every day. Would we have had these issues?

This is where you say there isn't any one doing this kind of thing. To that all I have to say is.. There is a market to become a business based off the back of these kinds of projects.
If a business misquotes work they need to eat the costs.

You say you aren't a business. Then maybe we should start giving these kinds of jobs to someone who is a business.

Emit.

Reimbursement Proposal for the Dash N Drink Instantx Miami Demo.The team Put in an original proposal to cover the costs of this project. We later resubmitted for a lower amount to expedite payment. There were significant costs associated with designing, building, transporting, and demonstrating this piece of awesomeness. You have to admit, it was a hit!

Below are the itemized expenses which will appear on our TPS report.
--------------------------------------------------------
Extra show charge for electricity and additional space. $750
Additional expenses for soda machine compressor. $200
Additional expenses for paint, paint gun, and thinner. $200
Parking expenses for vehicle and trailer. $150
Mobile Data Used $100
5 PIs and other parts destroyed during testing. $320
Several burnt up power supplies. $100
Hotel Expenses $430

As you can see, the amount requested does not begin to cover actual expenses. We are fine with this.

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1e477007d555f9f8919ecbe3b4c457b6f269184924771c0117fbb48751bf23d6 yes

http://i66.tinypic.com/rr2tlx.png
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:15:14 AM

So are you saying that being invited to the Satoshi Round Table is like being invited to a private place to conspire against the world?

I'm hoping that Evan and Daniel will have a chance to step out of their focus on Dash, and mingle with people to learn instead of to teach (about Dash).  They'll have great conversations with people that are doing things I doubt that Daniel or Evan even know about.  They'll make connections, and get a broader view on what's up in the industry today.  I'm certain they'll come back more inspired than ever, but I doubt they'll come back with a conspiracy to dominate over everyone and control the world's finances, LOL.

I wouldn't so easily dismiss the Bilderberg of Crypto concerns. All of us are just people with so many flaws and, as the Bitcoin disturbances among its key people has shown, big egos clash nastily. You may "doubt they'll come back with a conspiracy to dominate over everyone and control the world's finances," and you're correct if you're referring to Evan and Daniel but what crypto is doing is precisely that: an attempt to fundamentally change the world of finances and to, ultimately, snatch the control over the world from the The Financial Crime Cartel™ and its claws...

These people, The Financial Crime Cartel™ (TFCC) and its best buddies, the military-industrial-media-spying complex have no qualms when "they killed men and have ordered men to be killed," but not in a gentlemanly, in comparison, Mafia way, but they go and kill millions in many a defenseless, blameless country thousands of miles away for one reason only: to make themselves and their friends rich beyond belief. The rest is just a smokescreen obscuring the bloody racket. Take the power of the (collective) purse from them and you will have destroyed a well-oiled pillaging & killing, most destructive murderous, money making machine the world has ever seen.

So the crypto, with DASH being its brightest star still under the radar, is at the same time the only REAL danger TFCC et.al. are facing perhaps less than a decade from now (rest assured, they will not go quietly into the dark chambers of hell from where they seem to have materialized, but will bite, and will bite hard, chopping off heads and killing more millions, just to cling on their blood-lust based power) and faces its own problems. No matter how genial the governance idea is, there's a mechanism of inequality embedded in the system: the more masternodes one has, the more income it creates and can, thusly, create even more masternodes, in a much faster, progressive way than someone who has 1 - 2 or 5 MNs.

The gap will widen. 1%, rather 0.1% again, anyone?

So, one day, with DASH replacing the dollar as the border-less world's reserve currency, these masternodes will be worth trillions of today's dollars and our motley crew gathered in the Bilderberg of Crypto will have faced (will have had it) the same power The Financial Crime Cartel™ people are having today. And than, given our shared humanity -- let us admit: most of us calculated how much our DASH holdings would be worth in that scenario Wink -- all the bets are off.

Just my 2 cents. Shrug them at will.

/ "Only the Paranoid Survive" /

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:50:25 AM

I'm hoping that Evan and Daniel will have a chance to step out of their focus on Dash, and mingle with people to learn instead of to teach (about Dash).  They'll have great conversations with people that are doing things I doubt that Daniel or Evan even know about.  They'll make connections, and get a broader view on what's up in the industry today.  I'm certain they'll come back more inspired than ever, but I doubt they'll come back with a conspiracy to dominate over everyone and control the world's finances, LOL.

I wouldn't so easily dismiss the Bilderberg of Crypto concerns. All of us are just people with so many flaws and, as the Bitcoin disturbances among its key people has shown, big egos clash nastily. You may "doubt they'll come back with a conspiracy to dominate over everyone and control the world's finances," and you're correct if you're referring to Evan and Daniel but what crypto is doing is precisely that: an attempt to fundamentally change the world of finances and to, ultimately, snatch the control over the world from the The Financial Crime Cartel™ and its claws...

These people, The Financial Crime Cartel™ (TFCC) and its best buddies, the military-industrial-media-spying complex have no qualms when "they killed men and have ordered men to be killed," but not in a gentlemanly, in comparison, Mafia way, but they go and kill millions in many a defenseless, blameless country thousands of miles away for one reason only: to make themselves and their friends rich beyond belief. The rest is just a smokescreen obscuring the bloody racket. Take the power of the (collective) purse from them and you will have destroyed a well-oiled pillaging & killing, most destructive murderous, money making machine the world has ever seen.

So the crypto, with DASH being its brightest star still under the radar, is at the same time the only REAL danger TFCC et.al. are facing perhaps less than a decade from now (rest assured, they will not go quietly into the dark chambers of hell from where they seem to have materialized, but will bite, and will bite hard, chopping off heads and killing more millions, just to cling on their blood-lust based power) and faces its own problems. No matter how genial the governance idea is, there's a mechanism of inequality embedded in the system: the more masternodes one has, the more income it creates and can, thusly, create even more masternodes, in a much faster, progressive way than someone who has 1 - 2 or 5 MNs.

So, one day, with DASH replacing the dollar as the border-less world's reserve currency, these masternodes will be worth trillions of today's dollars and our motley crew gathered in the Bilderberg of Crypto will have faced (will have had it) the same power The Financial Crime Cartel™ people are having today. And than, given our shared humanity -- let us admit: most of us calculated how much our DASH holdings would be worth in that scenario Wink -- all the bets are off.

easy there reg "Bilderberg of Crypto"
we are an altcoin with 25 Mill market Cap, that might be much to us but in the end is nothing
if we want to play in the big league (top 3 MarketCap) we have to get involved with the top level of the industry
that is where the big deals are made, (Exchanges, investors, publishers, Payment Providers, Huge Merchants, ....)
but that does not mean you are selling out or conspire for the whales against the shrimp (small holders)
if we hit 200 Mill Market Cap we all smile
correct ?
 Wink
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 11:33:29 AM

can dump them off any time he feels like it, or the bankruptcy/divorce court compels him to do so.

Judge: I hereby sentence you to sell all 456,501 cryptographic tokens known as "DASH" and do whatever the hell you want with the money. I also sentence you to not give the respective amounts back to the people they actually belong to. Next case!"

Yes, makes sense. But only when you're divorced from reality and live in the mind of an ASIC-scammer. Is that your recollection of the Hashfast scam "bankruptcy" proceedings? Must have been the way you dreamed it would go.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:58:30 PM

Your thoughtful rant resonates with me, although I don't perceive the "Bilderberg concerns" as a literal, immediate one-meeting threat. I'm more concerned about slow, subtle changes in direction of the kind BTC has been experiencing. By way of example, here is fresh spin on the upcoming US election through the lens of BTC - such a maneuver would have been impossible one election cycle back, as BTC was still "invisible": http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/01/31/ashton-kutcher-bitcoin-is-best-hedge-against-a-trump-nomination/ (Aside - I take no position on elections and I am not American).

When powerful people start to notice the existence of DASH they will attempt to push it this way or that or to use it for pushing something else this way or that. Future developments also have to include the possibility that DASH nice guys will not remain nice guys forever (think Vertoe or Hearn).

I think trustless architecture and Open Source code are the best available defenses against the reality that "power corrupts". BTC has the latter (only?), and it is proving not to be sufficient, imho. I don't know how one could protect against a spin-artist using the mere existence of a coin to push a voter one way or another. "Because DASH, vote for Joe" seems pretty silly, but spin people are good at what they do. The real siege is yet to come, and DASH will or will not prepare better than the other coins (he says, feigning detachment).             Wink
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:03:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWeIEFBrItE&feature=youtu.be&t=11m0s

BTC - Only 2300 nodes with 24/7 uptime in 7 days.

I guess DASH has more nodes than bitcoin, lol. Next thing you know BTC will be paying DASH for its node network Tongue
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:07:54 PM

I guess DASH has more nodes than bitcoin, lol. Next thing you know BTC will be paying DASH for its node network Tongue

Dash has more masternodes, but fewer "full nodes" than bitcoin
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:09:09 PM

Dash has more masternodes, but fewer "full nodes" than bitcoin

Masternodes are, firstly, full nodes.
oaxaca

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 05:53:42 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 06:58:35 PM by oaxaca

Please don't take this as an attempt to derail the good work you have done however.

you asked for funding and you got it. Why should you get additional funding due to the fact you misquoted and need further funds.

We were told to ask for less than was needed to insure that we could squeeze out every DASH from the January Budget.  That did not even cover initial expenses.  Then the Conference organizers demanded $750 for the extra space and electricity for the machine.  There were other smaller items.

There has to be a line drawn, This is where my previous comments come into play. Had we engaged a company who built vending machines every day. Who incorporated Crypto payments into these machines every day. Would we have had these issues?

This is where you say there isn't any one doing this kind of thing. To that all I have to say is.. There is a market to become a business based off the back of these kinds of projects.

You say you aren't a business. Then maybe we should start giving these kinds of jobs to someone who is a business.

Emit.

Instantx is the single greatest feature in Crypto today.  Nobody in the vending industry (or any RETAIL) can incorporate the technology until further development is done.  We started doing it.

I have a question for you and everybody else reading this post.  How many RETAIL establishments are within 1 mile of where you are sitting, standing, walking right now.  How many of them could benefit from the following:

1 - Get rid of the 3-5% bank fees for all your transactions
2 - Get instant access to your funds instead of waiting for it to "clear" the bank
3 - Eliminate chargebacks from customers

I would say every single retail establishment out there.

Adoption is the key to success for any crypto project.  We showed how to do it.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:32:06 PM

3rd no-brainer proposal, unfortunately it seams the 2nd won't pass... I hope this will, you got my support for all of them. It will take some time but ultimately you (InstantX adoption proposals) will be proven right.

BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:38:18 PM

We were told to ask for less than was needed to insure that we could squeeze out every DASH from the January Budget.  That did not even cover initial expenses.  Then the Conference organizers demanded $750 for the extra space and electricity for the machine.  There were other smaller items.

Emit.

Instantx is the single greatest feature in Crypto today.  Nobody in the vending industry (or any RETAIL) can incorporate the technology until further development is done.  We started doing it.

I have a question for you and everybody else reading this post.  How many RETAIL establishments are within 1 mile of where you are sitting, standing, walking right now.  How many of them could benefit from the following:

1 - Get rid of the 3-5% bank fees for all your transactions
2 - Get instant access to your funds instead of waiting for it to "clear" the bank
3 - Eliminate chargebacks from customers

I would say every single retail establishment out there.

This is naive point of view. how many of retails have ever heard of crytpocurrencies? Not a signle retailer will want to keep DASH or bitcoin. Therefore its better to contact current market leaders, liek bitpay or diamond to incorporate DASH as well. 

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
oaxaca

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:56:56 PM

This is naive point of view. how many of retails have ever heard of crytpocurrencies? Not a signle retailer will want to keep DASH or bitcoin. Therefore its better to contact current market leaders, liek bitpay or diamond to incorporate DASH as well. 

Sure, and nobody would want to buy a CD when there are phonograph records either.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 07:57:15 PM

Not a signle retailer will want to keep DASH or bitcoin.

Louis CK wants your bitcoin!
http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/01/31/loucis-ck-accepts-bitcoin-for-new-show-horace-and-pete/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:35:38 PM

OK, I'm not saying we shouldn't be on guard, but in this case, different people go each year, and it's purpose is completely understandable to me.  They could do this in a non public way too, which might be what will end up happening anyway In the mean time, they have to get the whole of the public to agree with them.  We are a much less manipulable group / industry.  But ultimately, this will most certainly be attempted sooner or later, and if we the people let it, it's our fault.  We've never been given so much power before in the history of mankind.  Lets not give it back to a few.  Never trust a small powerful group of people that much again by never giving them full control again. Control the money! What control we give them should always be easily revocable when things start looking off.

Even then, though, people can and will make mistakes.  We have a long way to go and many trials ahead.  Can we make it closer to right this time?  God only knows, but it's a step in the right direction, I think, at least at this point.

So I guess I agree with you, in that we must keep our eyes and ears open, but you can't discount the value of doers and thinkers getting together to learn from each other, and to formulate a plan against the establishment together.  As long as they share their ideas and conclusions afterwards with the world.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 [5686] 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: