Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 [5696] 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:18:09 AM

NEW PROPOSAL - DASH at Anarcapulco - Presentation by Juan S. Galt

Hello! Everyone.

This is a proposal to fund the purchase of a low tier sponsorship Package at Anarchapulco to deliver a speech about DASH, its potential, technology and investment opportunities to 500+  Anarcho Capitalists, entrepreneurs and cyberpunks. The presentation would be filmed and published without ads or paywalls at youtube.disruptek.info under a creative commons license. 

I'm Juan S. Galt, I Interviewed Evan Duffield this December at Labitconf 2015, and have been researching Blockchain tech for over two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHklPfmHK_w

Anarchapulco 2016 is almost here, and its is a very unique conference, bringing together a community that I really believe has a lot in common with DASH's community and Ethos.

To give you a taste why this conference matters. Here's the TDV Internationalization and Investment Summit's speakers list.

Please vote YES and send our message to the man!

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many d9168d3bb008534875ca5199b4e347bfdcf36b0644c04d96b95e5965abebd0fb yes
mnbudget vote-many d9168d3bb008534875ca5199b4e347bfdcf36b0644c04d96b95e5965abebd0fb yes
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/DASH-at-Anarchapulco
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 06:25:39 AM

@TDG (FeelTheBern)
Nothing to have with the voting or your opinion.

Why i got the sensation of seeing you everywhere, oh maybe because you were everywhere today, spaming all channel, Dashtalk, dashwhale and here, with negativity and not constructive coments.

Imho your comunication is not good.

I agree my language was strong but it was warranted.

DO you see me here still responding every 30 minutes? No? Thats because the people voted. Not me. The 1000 masternodes.

So why am I kicked again? Because I disagreed with someone "more veteran" than me? Please.

And I was referring not the approach and mindset from some individuals with clout around here.

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:25:54 AM

@TDG (FeelTheBern)

Why i got the sensation of seeing you everywhere, oh maybe because you were everywhere today, spaming all channel, Dashtalk, dashwhale and here, with negativity and not constructive coments.

DO you see me here still responding every 30 minutes? No? Thats because the people voted. Not me. The 1000 masternodes.

So why am I kicked again? Because I disagreed with someone "more veteran" than me? Please.

And I was referring not the approach and mindset from some individuals with clout around here.

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”

Its all in the delivery in my experience.  I'm not sure if your new here or not...I suspect not, but we all have our own view points, experiences and expectations.   I am ok with voting yes on the said budget proposal...does that mean because I have a different view or opinion then you that I'm part of this claimed "centralization".  The community here is weary of people coming in here with agendas and trolling behavior.  Come in hard, and your likely to get the same effect as if you kicked a hornets nest.  You will certainly catch heat in here and other forums from some of those here like me that have had to put up with months on end of bullshit from those claiming to be "members" of the community and not, but in fact were/are trying to undermine all the work that has gone into this project.

Speak your points respectfully and those in here and other forums will respond in kind.  I certainly not accusing you of anything...just giving you my prospective.  Cheers.
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:20:13 AM

@TDG (FeelTheBern)

Its all in the delivery in my experience.  I'm not sure if your new here or not...I suspect not, but we all have our own view points, experiences and expectations.   I am ok with voting yes on the said budget proposal...does that mean because I have a different view or opinion then you that I'm part of this claimed "centralization".  The community here is weary of people coming in here with agendas and trolling behavior.  Come in hard, and your likely to get the same effect as if you kicked a hornets nest.  You will certainly catch heat in here and other forums from some of those here like me that have had to put up with months on end of bullshit from those claiming to be "members" of the community and not, but in fact were/are trying to undermine all the work that has gone into this project.

Speak your points respectfully and those in here and other forums will respond in kind.  I certainly not accusing you of anything...just giving you my prospective.  Cheers.

As with so many situations in life:

" It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it"

In my opinion the whole community is very receptive to well written, well communicated, constructive points of view, even if it goes against their own opinions/beliefs. I personally understood your point of view after your first couple of posts. That's all that needed to be said on the matter. After that it it descends into bickering and I switch off from it. This may not be the best response from me but it's human nature..

This applies to all contributors, all of us are hardwired to respond in a fight/flight way to things that perceived as an immediate challenge or threat to our security, views or beliefs. Whether it's in the real world or on message boards. If we're mindful of this and write in a less confrontational manner then we're less likely to trigger unwanted/unexpected responses to our points of view.

Walter

rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:54:31 AM

Hello! Everyone.

This is a proposal to fund the purchase of a low tier sponsorship Package at Anarchapulco to deliver a speech about DASH, its potential, technology and investment opportunities to 500+  Anarcho Capitalists, entrepreneurs and cyberpunks. The presentation would be filmed and published without ads or paywalls at youtube.disruptek.info under a creative commons license. 

I'm Juan S. Galt, I Interviewed Evan Duffield this December at Labitconf 2015, and have been researching Blockchain tech for over two years.

Anarchapulco 2016 is almost here, and its is a very unique conference, bringing together a community that I really believe has a lot in common with DASH's community and Ethos.

To give you a taste why this conference matters. Here's the TDV Internationalization and Investment Summit's speakers list.

dash-cli mnbudget vote-many d9168d3bb008534875ca5199b4e347bfdcf36b0644c04d96b95e5965abebd0fb yes
mnbudget vote-many d9168d3bb008534875ca5199b4e347bfdcf36b0644c04d96b95e5965abebd0fb yes

you have my vote immediately!

I am following Jeffs work, and I think we should get him to became our promoter anyhow!
He should make interview with Evan... would be great for Jeff and DASH as well.

Long Live DASH!

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 11:27:58 AM

Hello! Everyone.

As I shared with Juan on Dashtalk, Xposting:

Hi Juan, good to see you active. There seems to be only 57 DASH currently available this month given all the proposals that are active. So I just wanted to say that we support this proposal regardless of the budget limitation this month that may prevent it from being paid. So we will fund this no matter how it goes.
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:03:36 PM

can someone please help with this:

Did your wallet fully sync? Syncing proposals/votes (aka additional data) may take some time...

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:25:37 PM

From the future Smiley

bilder uploaden
kludzins

Activity: 274
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:33:07 PM

From the future Smiley

bilder uploaden

31 USD  Cool  Grin
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:48:15 PM

I just notice that also and had to take a second look to make sure my eyes did not fool me. Unfortunately it is not across all the exchanges and looks like someone may just be doing something silly or manipulative. I am sure once it hits 31 for real quite a few people will be dancing the happy dance in the streets!
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:52:36 PM

can someone please help with this:

Did your wallet fully sync? Syncing proposals/votes (aka additional data) may take some time...

Just as a note for everyone, remember the system is fully decentralized so every full client keeps a list of votes, proposals, etc. So you need to sync that too besides the blockchain itself.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 12:59:46 PM

Cash ban. Not Dash ban.
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:32:44 PM

Cash ban. Not Dash ban.

Good for Dash, isn't it?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:27:59 PM

Mediterranean stocks being massacred. (I suspect the banks more than the olive oil  Wink  )

(No-one knows yet cos all the tickers are on 15 minute delay)

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:34:13 PM

Mediterranean stocks being massacred. (I suspect the banks more than the olive oil  Wink  )

(No-one knows yet cos all the tickers are on 15 minute delay)

And another step down on the Baltic Dry, everything is slowing down as expected...

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 04:07:37 PM

Nice for the contractor who gets the easy money, not nice for those missing out.

That sounds to me like the "instamine" whiners complaining about missing out on cheap coins.  The brilliance of the governance system is that it can dynamically adjust to economic factors.  A "good deal" will not stay a good for very long! How long did 40% masternode return last? not long, because more people invested and started taking advantage of it. And what was the benefit? A huge increase in user base, exchange rate, network security, efficiency, etc.  If masternodes paid in USD, it would be to the detriment of Dash. Why should it be otherwise for budgets?

We obviously want to incentivise people to hold and use the currency. Any so-called inequities due to price appreciation are GOOD for the Dash economy, because they will attract more high quality proposals to compete for funds. They'll try to lock in those "good deals" and then their hard work will really pay off if their Dash payouts suddenly become more valuable.  Then, the next round of proposers will try to do the same.  All the while, Dash will keep growing and garner all manner of innovation on the backs of service providers competing to make it better and increase their ROI.  

Pay in Dash, renegotiate often based on exchange rates.

And where does the frequency of renegotiation end? Are you going to advocate daily superblock budget payouts versus months? Hourly? Does the proposal owner need to be joined at the hip with his contractor, arguing about price all day? You can't have it both ways. There already is renegotiation built into the budget system directly. It's called voting. As Evan already pointed out, someone has to take the risk. Having Dash itself take the risk versus the service providers is parasitic in nature and a recipe for disaster.

That is right, Bridgewater,  thanks for your insight. Is nice to see other people that can see the powerful network effects paying in Dash creates.

Paying in Dash is fine. Agreeing to a 3 month cotnract with a volatile currency is not. There are plenty of work arounds to this issue. For example; resubmit the amount you need to fulfill the invioce they send over and propose it to the network and get them paid. Just don't put the network on the hook for any volatility in the meantime, we are trying to maximize the usage of the funds after all, right?

edit: My point is we can pay them ahead of time and avoid any of these issues. Calculate the market value of dash at the time the invoice is submitted and note it. Pay them XXXXX amount of USD in Dash. They got paid in Dash, we took zero risk, everyone is happy.

What you’re failing to understand is the network is on the hook for volatility either way. USD solves this issue when the price goes up, but what happens when the price goes down?

I’ve been working on the V2 of the budget system for the last few days and I’m neck deep in code, this whole ordeal showed up at a good time actually. I think I have a pretty good understanding of where we need to go and basically the network needs to be able to promise a vendor to pay them for an extended period of time in Dash or USD. To do this I want to implement a new type of proposal, that is called a contract. This would also have some new thresholds so that this doesn't get abused:

- Month-to-month proposals: Requiring 10% support from the network
- Multi-month proposals: Requires 10% support of the network
- 3-month contracts: Requires 20% network support
- 6-month contracts: Requires 33% network support
- 12-month contracts: Requires 51% network support

Proposals can be voted down at any time, whereas contracts have a voting window which is no less than 30 days long. Contracts should be very carefully considered by the network because they are much more dangerous and expose us to a liability and market risk no matter how they are denominated.

USD valuations would also be created via quorum and an average price over a period of 7 days would be used to stop people from attacking the implementation. (e.g. if you dump 10000 coins right before the budget is finalized, you could drop the price by 10% and get 10% more coins as a result, right? To stop this we’ll use quorum based averages).

So assuming this technology exists and we can denominate in Dash or USD, we need to have an entirely different conversation about when to use Dash and when to use USD.

To figure out which denomination is better, let’s consider some examples

250 DASH Proposal - At time of submission we agree to pay $1000 USD in Dash.
$1000 USD Proposal - At time of submission we agree to pay $1000 USD.

UP - Let’s say Dash goes up 100%.

250 DASH Proposal is now worth $2000 and takes the same amount of Dash from the budget.
$1000 USD Proposal is now worth $1000 and takes 50% the amount of Dash from the budget

DOWN - Let’s say Dash goes down 50%

250 DASH Proposal is now worth $500 and takes the same amount of Dash from the budget.
$1000 USD Proposal is now worth $1000 and takes 200% the amount of Dash from the budget

Let’s say we only utilize USD based contracts in the system and in one 6 month period we have obligations for $33,000 per month. At $4.20 per Dash, we should have $33,692 dollars available per month, so that seems reasonable. Let’s say the price goes down 50%, now our budget is $16846.20. Now we have a problem, we’ve promised more money than the system can create in a month.

Option A: If the price falls, we don’t pay out the contracts. In this case we’ve made a contract and burned the bridge with a contractor doing ongoing work. This makes our network unusable long term.

Option B: The proposal system could create unpredictable inflation based on the promises the network is making for USD based contracts.

Option C: We allocate in Dash to avoid all of these issues and don’t support USD based contracts at all.

Option D: We give the foundation a budget to take Dash and convert it to fiat, then it keeps the fiat in a bank account. The contractors would contract with our foundation directly and this bank account would serve as a volatility buffer.

Option E: We allocate only X% of the budgets according to the historical volatility of the currency. This can be calculated by taking two standard deviations from the average price history for a long period of time, then figuring out a high and low price threshold. However, this will still result in contractors getting burned once in a while.

Paging TokNormal and BabyGiraffe Smiley

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
gerhard

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:09:15 PM

Does anyone know what the plan is regarding Segregated Witness? Is Dash going to punt on this?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:32:46 PM

Option D: We give the foundation a budget to take Dash and convert it to fiat, then it keeps the fiat in a bank account. The contractors would contract with our foundation directly and this bank account would serve as a volatility buffer.

I came up with this idea yesterday!  I'd like to think that great minds think alike  Grin

I did suggest though, the OTC account, which I do not know if it is tied to the Foundation or not. I also suggested that if price appreciation went up, that the proposer whould either burn the coins, or IMHO better still, donate to the Foundation.

Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:41:58 PM

Anyone else experiencing stability issues with their masternodes at the moment? Mine have been bulletproof for months but the last couple of weeks I'm constantly restarting them etc. I haven't made any changes to the underlying system. Has something on the network changed?

Walter
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:03:43 PM

Who's in on the credit default swap pump on Deutche bank ?

The mooncoin of derivatives.

Someone must know something that's worth knowing.
Pages: « 1 ... 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 [5696] 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: