Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 [5699] 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722539 times)
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:57:00 PM

Now the Transform PR proposal is voted down again, the voters have spoken. So obviously I am doing something right here, no?

I think Transform PR was doing a fantastic job and I would like to work with them again, however it's not really possible to do it when the network can flip-flop back and forth. We've now funded them, unfunded them, funded them again, then finally unfunded them. I would recommend the network vote down this proposal due to the completely crazy and unprofessional way this makes our operation look. How can we possibly work with a company like Transform, with 3-month minimums when our network has the ability to do a complete backflip, essentially voiding a contract?

I think it's best we wait until 12.1 when we can do irrevocable contracts like I laid out earlier.

Not so sure we want irrevocable contracts though... atleast not just yet, the budget is way to small for large contracts like this.

Maybe you should do some investigation as to WHY the proposal was voted down? Maybe there is a solution thats glaring you in the face and you just refuse to see it?

Let the network vote. Don't just force contracts onto the network please, we all know everytime you put something up for proposal it passes right awya until people talk about it a bit and see the details of whats happening. Just like the PR company issue we are facing right now.

I finally changed my votes to "No" due to the crazy flip-flopping the network was doing. Plus Otoh had changed his votes from "No" to "Yes" just this morning, due to hearing it was working out with Terpin. I asked him to change them back to "No" so we could implement a proper contract. I think it makes much more sense.

We'll I'm glad we know what happened then atleast.

Forgive me for pissing all over everyones shoes. But some good has come from this, no?
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 08:59:26 PM

Now the Transform PR proposal is voted down again, the voters have spoken. So obviously I am doing something right here, no?

I think Transform PR was doing a fantastic job and I would like to work with them again, however it's not really possible to do it when the network can flip-flop back and forth. We've now funded them, unfunded them, funded them again, then finally unfunded them. I would recommend the network vote down this proposal due to the completely crazy and unprofessional way this makes our operation look. How can we possibly work with a company like Transform, with 3-month minimums when our network has the ability to do a complete backflip, essentially voiding a contract?

I think it's best we wait until 12.1 when we can do irrevocable contracts like I laid out earlier.

Not so sure we want irrevocable contracts though... atleast not just yet, the budget is way to small for large contracts like this.

Maybe you should do some investigation as to WHY the proposal was voted down? Maybe there is a solution thats glaring you in the face and you just refuse to see it?

Let the network vote. Don't just force contracts onto the network please, we all know everytime you put something up for proposal it passes right awya until people talk about it a bit and see the details of whats happening. Just like the PR company issue we are facing right now.

I finally changed my votes to "No" due to the crazy flip-flopping the network was doing. Plus Otoh had changed his votes from "No" to "Yes" just this morning, due to hearing it was working out with Terpin. I asked him to change them back to "No" so we could implement a proper contract. I think it makes much more sense.

Forgive me for pissing all over everyones shoes. But some good has come from this, no?

Absolutely, 12.1 will fix this entirely.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:06:12 PM

Absolutely, 12.1 will fix this entirely.

Appreciate it. Just please also focus on the PRIOR discussion of proposals as opposed to just voting something in based on merit or someones opinion.

We all want the chance to discuss the direction of the budget, we understand you have certain needs but still. this is a decentralized network after all.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:08:29 PM

Vote on whether or not to implement contracts  ? Or benevolent dictator decides
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:09:55 PM

You decide. If you don't update your client, that's your no vote. If you do update your client, that's your yes vote. It's just like Bitcoin, in that sense.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:10:01 PM

Vote on whether or not to implement contracts?

What a WONDERFUL idea... I feel like the voting system is too young for such things after this most recent problem.

Let the nodes decide. That should the motto of Dash when it comes to Dash Politics.

(Holy shit Dash actually has a legit democracy building up this is amazing.)
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:11:46 PM

You decide. If you don't update your client, that's your no vote. If you do update your client, that's your yes vote. It's just like Bitcoin, in that sense.

Why are you trying to alienate people so often?
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:12:05 PM

Problem with withdrawals in COINS-E

Almost anybody uses them, but just in case... a few days ago a user contacted us because he was having problems to withdraw a few DASH from coins-e and he sent me a few screen captures. I tried to reach out to them to check but they don't answer emails, so I have deleted them from dash.org and I strongly advise against trading there.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:17:00 PM

Vote on whether or not to implement contracts  ? Or benevolent dictator decides

How about we make a proposal to decide if we implement contracts? Like I've always said, I'm along for the ride. If the network doesn't want me to implement something I won't. However, I'm voting yes and I'll argue the merit of contracts for our platform. I think they're important.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:18:44 PM

That doesn't actually work on our network, it's not like Bitcoin at all. The masternode network decides the direction we go.

FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:19:02 PM

How about we make a proposal to decide if we implement contracts? Like I've always said, I'm along for the ride. If the network doesn't want me to implement something I won't. However, I'm voting yes and I'll argue the merit of contracts for our platform. I think they're important.

Great response evan!

So can I ask why we are so stuck on not just paying out the USD value of the services 1 time per month? like why do we insist the network accepts a long term deal? Can't we just pay the people what they are worth on a monthly basis,upfront?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:25:05 PM

That doesn't actually work on our network, it's not like Bitcoin at all. The masternode network decides the direction we go.

Sorry, that was the point I was intending on making. (The same people who would vote on the proposal effectively vote by updating or not updating.)

Dash - Digital Cash
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:25:54 PM

Dash is unique and allows masternode operator opinion to be gathered. For perfect example look at the recent proposal, 'Shall we up the block size to 2M ?' of which 99% said yes.

A similar proposal should be made about implementing contracts which is arguably much more important than block size increase.

Why vote by opting out when a better system is in place already ?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:27:28 PM

Dash is unique and allows masternode operator opinion to be gathered. For perfect example look at the recent proposal, 'Shall we up the block size to 2M ?' of which 99% said yes.

A similar proposal should be made about implementing contracts which is arguably much more important than block size increase.

Apologies. I was responding to your "benevolent dictator decides?" comment. After seeing it so frequently in the last few days, my brain is seeing everything as sarcasm. My bad. Yes, the 2 MB vote was an excellent example of using DGBB for governance, as well as for funding.

Dash - Digital Cash
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:29:59 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 09:44:35 PM by FeelTheBern

He's what you would consider a "bandwagon fan". Has no thoughts of his own, just follows the herd. He would rather alienate people who disagree with him/his friends rather than engage them honestly.

edit: or its this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_ignorance
Double edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/441ywh/new_proposals_everyone_mn_owners_should_take_a/
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:34:41 PM

Problem with withdrawals in COINS-E

Almost anybody uses them, but just in case... a few days ago a user contacted us because he was having problems to withdraw a few DASH from coins-e and he sent me a few screen captures. I tried to reach out to them to check but they don't answer emails, so I have deleted them from dash.org and I strongly advise against trading there.
Yer I wrote coin-e off months ago, you can also remove www.bter.com as well.
Just before Cryptsy went down I narrowly escaped selling some Dash into a unknown alt, sent it to bter, alt rises, I sell for .25 btc, try to withdraw and now its been transfered to 'BTC Pending BTC_B' for no apparent reason apart from bter were hacked last year, I read on some reddit forums and find out others have got this annoying problem, cardinal mistake once again - I withdrew in btc and not some other currency that I may have got (or not)
So have gone from a cryptsy indefinite pending to a 'BTC Pending BTC_B', which may or may not get refunded at some future date!
Do not use Bter, is my advice, which is a shame as they have many yuan pairs, and Dash/Yuan  Sad

Account notes:
(Notice: The previous BTC balance has been moved to BTC-B which will be used as the reference for 100% compensating our user's BTC loss.)

So they are going to compensate someone elses loss with my loss!

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

I agree. If I may offer an opinion, I read that you were looking at setting rules for locking into 6 month and 1 year contracts. I would hazard that 1 year contracts are simply too long (especially in the accelerated world of crypto). There's nothing a 1 year contract can't accomplish that two successive 6 month contracts cannot. It can be done just like car insurance. If the contract sours early on, we have a sixth month checkpoint that allows us to be mercifully set free. BTW, thanks for listening to us on the noisy forums.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:47:56 PM

As feelthebern said, thanks for great response Evan. To me this does seem obvious for a proposal.

Personally I don't like the risks of locking into long term projects. Maybe I haven't considered it all through enough but I don't like the risks. The budget allowance is not a bottomless pit. The exchange rates too volatile. As with Occams razor maybe simplest solution is best.

Someone said Dash might be a monster. I hope ultimately in a good way. I had a vague uneasy vision of 'the network' turning out being worse than 'for profit corporations' are now. Maybe human kind is doomed to these fates. Imagine if we are all one day enslaved by the Dash network in a way 10x worse than what goldman sachs and jp morgan do today ?!  Shocked
FeelTheBern

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:51:33 PM

As feelthebern said, thanks for great response Evan. To me this does seem obvious for a proposal.

Personally I don't like the risks of locking into long term projects. Maybe I haven't considered it all through enough but I don't like the risks. The budget allowance is not a bottomless pit. The exchange rates too volatile. As with Occams razor maybe simplest solution is best.

Someone said Dash might be a monster. I hope ultimately in a good way. I had a vague uneasy vision of 'the network' turning out being worse than 'for profit corporations' are now. Maybe human kind is doomed to these fates. Imagine if we are all one day enslaved by the Dash network in a way 10x worse than what goldman sachs and jp morgan do today ?!  Shocked

here's our chance to ensure that never happens. Get up, lobby, vote, submit proposals, and overall help the network grow.

I know Evans heart is in the right place, but in all fairness so is mine. And I'm sure the same can be said about MOST Dash users.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 09:54:53 PM

here's our chance to ensure that never happens. Get up, lobby, vote, submit proposals, and overall help the network grow.

I know Evans heart is in the right place, but in all fairness so is mine. And I'm sure the same can be said about MOST Dash users.

I also think Evans heart is in the right place. I do consider Evan to be a benevolent dictator, I don't mean that in a bad way.
Pages: « 1 ... 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 [5699] 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: