Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 [6000] 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:20:24 PM

Ariel, I'm going to be polite.

You do not consider that the Monero block chain is unverifiable because it is completely opaque. If you want to "trust the math" and believe no loop hole will ever exist allowing coins to be inserted, changing the supply of coins, or that "the math" will never have an unforeseen hole where transactions will be detangled, something that can never happen with private send, that is fine.

However, an open blockchain, with inputs and outputs that can be seen with the naked eye, and verified is one of the cornerstones of Bitcoin's brilliance.  And Dash kept that while also providing privacy.

Because of that, I personally think Dash's privacy feature is far superior to Monero's.  Dash is solid.  You know where everything stands at any time.

And yet, once again, Dash's superior privacy, fungibility and verifiable blockchain is only one of the many features Dash provides in creating a world class currency that will be used by a majority of the human population in only half a generation's time.  But good luck with Monero.  However, if you want to use your funds for illegal purposes, please use a minimum 8 rounds of mixing in Dash, and leave the Monero at home.  I really don't trust it, and fear for your safety.

You think you know it all, you think you can trust "the math" but these cryptographic proofs have weaknesses that can be exploited.  Some have been discovered, as in secp256r1, and others could yet be undiscovered but already known to a few.  They could even have been designed with a loophole that is undetectable.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:28:57 PM

Ariel, I'm going to be polite.

You do not consider that the Monero block chain is unverifiable because it is completely opaque. If you want to "trust the math" and believe no loop hole will ever exist allowing coins to be inserted, changing the supply of coins, or that "the math" will never have an unforeseen hole where transactions will be detangled, something that can't happen with private send, that is fine.

However, an open blockchain, with inputs and outputs that can be seen with the naked eye, and verified is one of the cornerstones of Bitcoin's brilliance.  And Dash kept that while also providing privacy.

Because of that, I personally think Dash's privacy feature is far superior to Monero's.  Dash is solid.  You know where everything stands at any time.

And yet, once again, Dash's superior privacy, fungibility and verifiable blockchain is only one of the many features Dash provides in creating a world class currency that will be used by a majority of the human population in only half a generation's time.  But good luck with Monero, but if you want to use your funds for illegal purposes, please use a minimum 8 rounds of mixing in Dash, and leave the Monero at home.  I really don't trust it, and fear for your safety.

You think you know it all, you think you can trust "the math" but these cryptographic proofs have weaknesses that can be exploited.  Some have been discovered, as in secp256r1, and there could be other weaknesses that have yet to be revealed.

If you want to "trust the math"

yes, we want to trust the math. that is what cryptography is for..is what crypto currency is for.

back to privacy..
i can compare dash blockchain now to the internet, at first you thought that the internet is private but then it is not...then tor was created, it made the internet "PARTLY PRIVATE" ... didn't we heard of government being able to successfully trace in tor? yes it did happen and it is in the news.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:40:32 PM

Regardness xmr pumping, anon coin sucess
DASH team, evolution would make real fruit in the future.
We have positive loop condition in developing .

Like etc eth pumping,    xmr pumping will end in short time

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
cheapcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:46:25 PM

Like etc eth pumping,    xmr pumping will end in short time

actually xmr pumping this time should thank dash pumped a few weeks ago, dash reraised the anonymous feature so xmr got the second wave of anon pump.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:58:12 PM

Actually, Ariel, cryptogrophy is used to create a key so that funds are spendable and to "solve for a solution" in order to win the right to create a block (and earn a reward)

It's not used to obscure information.

Except in cryptonote.

Which is Monero.

Which doesn't hold the visionary values of Satoshi Nakamoto.

And is not ultimately trustless because nobody can tell what the heck is going on, so nobody can verify anything.

Man, Ariel, for such a pretty mermaid, you are an ugly nasty piece of work.  Can you please go die somewhere finally?  You're back on ignore.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 04:44:44 PM by qwizzie

Sneak preview of Dash update 12.1 on Testnet today

1000 Dash mixed with 8 rounds in less then 2 hours thanks to
multi-session mixing... i started mixing at 16:19 (CEST) today.

and yes ariel my little mermaid, this is how an officially developed and maintained GUI wallet looks like, in case you were wondering.
but i'm sure your GUI wallet is almost ready.... just like it is almost three years too late.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:21:07 PM

Like etc eth pumping,    xmr pumping will end in short time

okay love at first sight accounts..stop cheerleading..i'm adding you gusterdd, welcome to my rat cage  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467

listen..DASH is in a crisis right now. you love at first sight accounts should discuss to your investors what is the course of action now that we know DASH lost the anon war.

losing the anon war for dash is like an animal losing a leg or a bird with a wing broken..will dash evolution cut it? what makes it so great that other crypto currencies cannot do its features too and possibly be even better at enhancing user experience?

ariel, you win in marketcap and anon coin cheers.
(ps : I'm not expert about tech.....)

Dash is going his road, dash is for micropayment comparing bitcoin.

FUD
ETC Dumping.   And. XMR pumping.   --- could be related to DAO hack
In trolls, exist Dao hacker?

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:26:50 PM

Actually, Ariel, cryptogrophy is used to create a key so that funds are spendable and to "solve for a solution" in order to win the right to create a block (and earn a reward)

It's not used to obscure information.

Except in cryptonote.

Which is Monero.

Which doesn't hold the visionary values of Satoshi Nakamoto.

And is not ultimately trustless because nobody can tell what the heck is going on, so nobody can verify anything.

Man, Ariel, for such a pretty mermaid, you are an ugly nasty piece of work.  Can you please go die somewhere finally?  You're back on ignore.

-snip-

Crypto may offer a way to do "key blinding".  I did some research and it was obscure, but there may be something there.  "group signatures" may be related.

-snip-

As an example, say some unpopular military attack has to be ordered, but nobody wants to go down in history as the one who ordered it.  If 10 leaders have private keys, one of them could sign the order and you wouldn't know who did it.

you get PWNED by this guy  Roll Eyes

right satoshi buddy?

damn right arielbit

am i ugly?

nope.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:41:13 PM

Like etc eth pumping,    xmr pumping will end in short time

okay love at first sight accounts..stop cheerleading..i'm adding you gusterdd, welcome to my rat cage  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467

listen..DASH is in a crisis right now. you love at first sight accounts should discuss to your investors what is the course of action now that we know DASH lost the anon war.

losing the anon war for dash is like an animal losing a leg or a bird with a wing broken..will dash evolution cut it? what makes it so great that other crypto currencies cannot do its features too and possibly be even better at enhancing user experience?

ariel, you win in marketcap and anon coin cheers.
(ps : I'm not expert about tech.....)

Dash is going his road, dash is for micropayment comparing bitcoin.

FUD
ETC Dumping.   And. XMR pumping.   --- could be related to DAO hack

i did not win anything buddy.. just doing my part in telling what's on my mind about crypto, my opinion about anon tech.

so dash is about micro payment now?

i dunno, its not me and i don't care who it was..didn't put money on DAO.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:42:54 PM

Keep the thread clean.

please.
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:17:26 PM

I am not touching XMR due to trolls, wile developers and lack of gui wallet. Also, its backed up by known scammers, not touching anything scammers are involved in. 
Dont care for darkmarkets, dont care for current market cap, really dont.

Its easier to integrate DASH to other platforms, its fast, private, great developers, and great improvements. DASH value was suppresed due to Craptsy, but now reaching true evaluation. I love that DASH is accepted in wide range of exchanges, and hope it can move away from poloniex and be more widely distributed.

If anything happened to poloniex, sure DASH would take a hit, but would survive and the markets would be quickly redistributed as poloniex holds only 50-60% of trades, but what would happen to XMR if poloniex took a hit with 97% trade there?

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:20:36 PM

I am not touching XMR due to trolls, wile developers and lack of gui wallet. Also, its backed up by known scammers, not touching anything scammers are involved in.  

Its easier to integrate DASH to other platforms, its fast, private, great developers, and great improvements. DASH value was suppresed due to Craptsy, but now reaching true evaluation. I love that DASH is accepted in wide range of exchanges, and hope it can move away from poloniex and be more widely distributed.

If anything happened to poloniex, sure DASH would take a hit, but would survive and the markets would be quickly redistributed as poloniex holds only 50-60% of trades, but what would happen to XMR if poloniex took a hit with 97% trade there?

So you refused to make some money and put the profits in good use (masternodes) due to mindless trolls?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:32:34 PM

Proposal: Evolution Development - Subcontractors (Sept)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-evolution-development-subcontractors-sept.10432/
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:04:26 PM

troll dribble

Welcome to the ignore club, have happy chats there with other ignored trolls.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:07:19 PM

So you refused to make some money and put the profits in good use (masternodes) due to mindless trolls?

yep, mostly due to their community and their lack of progress with developing their coin. Besides, most Dash holders are far more longterm orientated.
Making some money with other cryptocurrencies and putting that back in Dash is shortterm thinking and a lot of things can go wrong with that strategy.
I rather take the long and more safe road.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Sorry about the trolls. Really I am. But we don't have any control over people like icebreaker. He does what he wants.

The lack of a gui wallet is for a good reason. It's just not as important as some of the fundemental stuff. Like the lmdb database, ZeroMQ and libraryizing. Its easy to judge monero vs dash in this regard but its an apples to oranges comparison. You guys cloned bitcoin while our dev team started (almost) from scratch. And what they did inherrit was so broken it would probably almost been better to start from scratch. You inherrited all of the strengths of bitcoin, its easy to slap a gui on-top of that. We had more pressing matters to attend to than a gui.

And yes cloning bitcoin is a strength of dash, but so is the fact that monero is brand new code base. They are different strengths that are advantageous in different ways.

Yes all our volume is on polo. But thats because very few exchanges adopted monero again because its not a clone of bitcoin. All the clones are just plug and play with the systems these exchanges already have. They have standardized RPC interfaces. It took custom work and individual technical skill to implement monero on the exchanges it was implemented on. But again, you shouldnt analyze this weakness in a vacuum, that weakness is a product of something more fundamental that is also an advantage in its own ways.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:29:03 PM

I'm shorting that MoFo so badly it hurts.  Trigger placed.  Let's watch this in the next couple of weeks... Will be scoop sweet using troll and scammer profits to buy a bunch more master nodes....
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Anon136 you are the best advertisement for Monero I have seen as a Dash holder. Thank you and welcome  Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:37:45 PM

Anon136 you are the best advertisement for Monero I have seen as a Dash holder. Thank you and welcome  Smiley

Thank you for the kind words. Smiley

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:34:29 PM

I'm shorting that MoFo so badly it hurts.  Trigger placed.  Let's watch this in the next couple of weeks... Will be scoop sweet using troll and scammer profits to buy a bunch more master nodes....

You can short it from 147 with tight stop but becarefull, it's still in a hype mode. 150 should be a buy

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Pages: « 1 ... 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 [6000] 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: