Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 [6040] 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:04:36 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here.....

You are wrong here.  This doesn't make DASH un-anonymous. Blockchain analysis happens all the time, and cannot be prevented when using a transparent blockchain, that's actually the whole point of a blockchain. This DASH partnership does not change this in any way. Full Stop.

DASH partnering with a compliance vendor removes the burden from other vendors who REQUIRE compliance to implement a new cryptocurrency (like DASH) from having to do it themselves. They can still choose their own blockchain analysis company if they so choose, but this partnership will allow them that choice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:24:07 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Doesn't the recent compliance integration disqualify Dash as an anonymous crypto?

More like it helps propel "anonymous crypto" into markets where people might actually use it en masse. (Check out 3 posts above  Wink )

Crypto doesn't need to be propelled into anything.. Slow and steady wins the race. Every day more and more people are being introduced to cryptocurrency. Bank card integration is a step backwards because it deals with clearing houses and third parties when the principal is peer-to-peer. If you think that debit cards are a step forward then you are sadly mistaken. One cannot be anonymous and still comply with AML/KYC. It's an oxymoron. "KYC" is Know your Customer.. That is the completely contradictory to being anonymous. It's like walking into a store to buy something with cash and the clerk asks for ID. Therefore this cannot be digital cash more like KYC coin.

The direction Dash is a far cry from its initial design. Keep going down the road of compliance and risk disqualify it as a peer-to-peer currency, let alone an anonymous one.

who REQUIRE compliance to implement a new cryptocurrency (like DASH) from having to do it themselves.

Name one major vendor that requires compliance by a government to integrate a cryptocurrency.

Basicly it opens the door for more mainstream business customers while still providing privacy services to those customers that need it. The reason Dash can make this work is because Dash privacy elements that are integrated at core protocol are of optional nature. Users choose to have privacy with Dash or not.    

Opens the door for what mainstream businesses? Microsoft and countless other mainstream businesses accept bitcoin and do not have to comply with anything other than tax reporting for their profits and losses.

What this does "open the door" to is unnecessary regulation of cryptocurrencies. Not mandated by any government to date. It's a slippery slope Dash is traveling and one that investors should think twice before supporting. But I digress, I leave you to complying with vapor compliance.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:25:05 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Doesn't the recent compliance integration disqualify Dash as an anonymous crypto?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/interview-dash-and-coinfirm-on-digital-currency-compliance-partnership-1475867943

There's no value in making crypto complaint when the principal design is peer-to-peer. This goes against the core fundamentals on which bitcoin was founded. Why would someone want to use crypto that is compliant when they can use fiat currency that is far more stable as a measure of value and accepted in more places.. Bitcoin adoption and cryptocurrency in general is a movement to replace the existing system with a crypto economy not comply with regulations made for financial institutions. The goal is to get merchants and customers using crypto not some regulated fiat replacement or card that interfaces with existing clearing house infrastructure. Apparently the people working on this coin didn't read the first sentence of Satoshi's white paper..

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution."

- Satoshi Nakamoto,
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

you are wrong, nothing changes and dash's anon is still untraceable.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
spatula

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:30:39 PM

who REQUIRE compliance to implement a new cryptocurrency (like DASH) from having to do it themselves.

Name one major vendor that requires compliance by a government to integrate a cryptocurrency.

Every banking institution in the US?
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:34:03 PM

pretty much all major vendors including coinbase, circle and most exchanges.
it's hard to name one that doesn't. btc-e?

b4h4mu7

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:35:48 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/interview-dash-and-coinfirm-on-digital-currency-compliance-partnership-1475867943

There's no value in making crypto complaint when the principal design is peer-to-peer. This goes against the core fundamentals on which bitcoin was founded. Why would someone want to use crypto that is compliant when they can use fiat currency that is far more stable as a measure of value and accepted in more places.. Bitcoin adoption and cryptocurrency in general is a movement to replace the existing system with a crypto economy not comply with regulations made for financial institutions. The goal is to get merchants and customers using crypto not some regulated fiat replacement or card that interfaces with existing clearing house infrastructure. Apparently the people working on this coin didn't read the first sentence of Satoshi's white paper..

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution."

- Satoshi Nakamoto,

you are wrong, nothing changes and dash's anon is still untraceable.

If KYC is in effect then Alice and Bobs addresses are known to regulators. Even if the transaction is "untraceable" we can know that Alice's wallet now has less coin and Bob's has increased coin of the same value, effectively nullifying the untraceable attribute from the transaction.

Every banking institution in the US?

Again, I will direct you to Satoshi's Bitcoin Whitepaper. The idea for cryptocurrency is Peer-to-Peer. Nowhere in the whitepaper does it reference a need to integrate into a financial institution. The entire idea behind Bitcoin was to eliminate the need for financial institutions.

- Satoshi Nakamoto,
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:40:34 PM

If you think that debit cards are a step forward then you are sadly mistaken. One cannot be anonymous and still comply with AML/KYC. It's an oxymoron.

Agreed. But it in that case it isn't the crypto that  non-anonymous, it's your debit card account.

The way for crypto to lose its "anonymity" would be for it to become a bookkeeping system in which the addresses represented "accounts" that were backed by a trusted party (i.e. the account holder). Then you can no longer benefit from transparent blockchains either because you need an obscured blockchain to protect privacy, at which case you've come full circle back to bank accounts.

The entire idea behind Bitcoin was to eliminate the need for financial institutions.

I think you've slightly misunderstood this statement. It eliminates the need for financial institutions participating in a bitcoin transaction. It doesn't eliminate the need for them anywhere else.

What this does "open the door" to is unnecessary regulation of cryptocurrencies.

LoL. That door was never closed.
Krypto_

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

So whats up with the new censorship crap going on in dashtalk?

Shall i just make a new forum since you guys seem to actively be ruining the entire community in hopes of getting more control of the projects? Congrats on the 'public slack takedown', your divide and conquer plan worked wonderfully. But turning around and censoring the forums right after just makes you guys hypocrites so what gives?

Proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/56zvl5/talk_about_censorship_dayum_guys_this_is_a_new_low/

http://imgur.com/a/TUoFp
spatula

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:43:31 PM

Again, I will direct you to Satoshi's Bitcoin Whitepaper. The idea for cryptocurrency is Peer-to-Peer. Nowhere in the whitepaper does it reference a need to integrate into a financial institution. The entire idea behind Bitcoin was to eliminate the need for financial institutions.

- Satoshi Nakamoto,

Huh? DASH doesn't NEED to integrate with financial institutions, nor does it need instant send or private send or any other add-on feature. They are just additional features that help with adoption and usability that don't take away from the base peer-to-peer money.

b4h4mu7

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:47:26 PM

pretty much all major vendors including coinbase, circle and most exchanges.
it's hard to name one that doesn't. btc-e?

All relics of the past that require centralized authority.

https://bitsquare.io

I think you've slightly misunderstood this statement. It eliminates the need for financial institutions participating in a bitcoin transaction. It doesn't eliminate the need for them anywhere else.

No, I think the context was not made clear enough. If vendors everywhere deal in crypto then there is no need to interact with a bank because everyone at that point would be their own bank, responsible for their own financial security.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:53:54 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 08:16:31 PM by toknormal

If vendors everywhere deal in crypto then there is no need to interact with a bank because everyone at that point would be their own bank, responsible for their own financial security.

True but slightly delusional.

The world financial system could collapse tomorrow, Bitcoin could go to $100,000 and you would still be dealing in fiat - or at least some new denomination that wasn't crypto. Even by some miraculous act of God, all prices in all world economies were suddenly to be denominated in Bitcoin (as opposed to, say the IMF's SDR), you still wouldn't be using the blockchain to facilitate trades. You'd be using the same commercial technology layer that's in use right now and you can bet your bottom dollar that WILL be regulated.

Doesn't mean people can't still do blockchain-only trades that are genuinely anonymous though, but it just depends on whether you want to be uniquely stuck in that tiny minority sector of the economy or not.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 08:13:14 PM

So whats up with the new censorship crap going on in dashtalk?

Shall i just make a new forum since you guys seem to actively be ruining the entire community in hopes of getting more control of the projects? Congrats on the 'public slack takedown', your divide and conquer plan worked wonderfully. But turning around and censoring the forums right after just makes you guys hypocrites so what gives?

Proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/56zvl5/talk_about_censorship_dayum_guys_this_is_a_new_low/

You have no idea you are talking about.
Re "proof": Replied to you on reddit.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:13:54 PM

If KYC is in effect then Alice and Bobs addresses are known to regulators. Even if the transaction is "untraceable" we can know that Alice's wallet now has less coin and Bob's has increased coin of the same value, effectively nullifying the untraceable attribute from the transaction.

not sure i follow because that is how btc works right now. most merchants use 3rd party btc services like bitpay etc which is aml/kyc compliant.

one reason they use these 3rd party services is because of btc's slow transaction confirmation times and assurance against double spends etc.
DASH solves those issues with instantsend technology.

also, alice and bob (p2p) are not required to comply with aml/kyc laws. however most business you want to do business with are required. it does not matter if you use btc or dash or some other crypto that does not even have a official gui, ariel.

if you buy something from dell or overstock etc they know who you are as you have to give them your name and address to ship to. true they know the crypto address where your funds came from but unlike btc they can not conect your dash address to all your previous transactions.

dusko3358

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:57:12 PM

What exchanges do accept DSH/EUR?
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:11:32 PM

https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/dash (not a market, more expensive)
https://cryptonarium.com/trade/?a=DASH&b=EUR
https://usecryptos.com/market/DASH-EUR (wow, cheap 7.9Dash for only 9€ available)

(https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets)
espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:23:13 PM

I do not know about DSH. Its some other coin. This is DASH.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:33:42 PM

Very nice partnership and article.

It seems to not only shake debit cards but also the big trolls lair, like the good old days  Grin

Go DASH!

dusko3358

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:16:15 PM

I do not know about DSH. Its some other coin. This is DASH.

OK ... DASH  Smiley
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 10:22:32 PM

Dash Nation Slack Update:

DashBot has been installed on Dash Nation Slack (Thanks Naruby!) so the feel is starting to get back to what it was on the old Slack.

We have a wide variety of channels and a lot of friendly folks around to chat with about Dash.

Check us out when you get a chance! http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Cheers, Tao.
The Dash Nation Slack is growing quite nicely. As of today, there are 126 members. We are having a conversation today about the newest entry in the App Store "Dash.IO" as well as mobile wallets in general. If you would like to talk with other Dashers in a fun, supportive environment, join us today!

Tao.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:14:43 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2016, 12:30:39 AM by TanteStefana2

Dash is user's choice.  It can be anonymous, and you can choose to do business with companies that require KYC due to regulations.  The partnership is merely to help companies that want to accept Dash, to do so while being KYC, etc, compliant.  It's exactly like a merchant's relationship with their bank, vs a cash spending customer buying bread at a grocery store.  One is known and the other is anonymous.

With cash, it works the same.  If you are a business that works in the black market, then you simply never deal with banks, at least not before cleaning up your funds in some way.  Dash is cash in every way, even how it enters and exits the "system".  

And sorry, I was late to the party again, but I'm going to quote Tok, in case you missed him:

If vendors everywhere deal in crypto then there is no need to interact with a bank because everyone at that point would be their own bank, responsible for their own financial security.

True but slightly delusional.

The world financial system could collapse tomorrow, Bitcoin could go to $100,000 and you would still be dealing in fiat - or at least some new denomination that wasn't crypto. Even by some miraculous act of God, all prices in all world economies were suddenly to be denominated in Bitcoin (as opposed to, say the IMF's SDR), you still wouldn't be using the blockchain to facilitate trades. You'd be using the same commercial technology layer that's in use right now and you can bet your bottom dollar that WILL be regulated.

Doesn't mean people can't still do blockchain-only trades that are genuinely anonymous though
, but it just depends on whether you want to be uniquely stuck in that tiny minority sector of the economy or not.

The bold is me.  Why corner crypto into a fringe subsection of society?  My goal is to never hold Fiat for any length of time because it's an inflation nightmare.  Yet the world still trades in Fiat, and will continue to do so for quite some time.  Making the exchange between the two as seamless as possible is brilliant, and does not effect the performance of Dash as an anonymous pear to pear cryptocurrency.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 [6040] 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: