Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 [6523] 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:13:06 PM

Is there a dash desktop wallet similar to electrum? I could only find jaxx and exodus alternatives to core at dash.org

https://www.dash.org/wallets/#wallets

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

Is there a dash desktop wallet similar to electrum? I could only find jaxx and exodus alternatives to core at dash.org
I'm pretty sure there's a version of electrum specifically for dash. If not then check out the mobile wallet "Coinomi", that's where I've stored dash in the past.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
thrax

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:29:35 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a version of electrum specifically for dash. If not then check out the mobile wallet "Coinomi", that's where I've stored dash in the past.

Is this the site hosting the clean wallet?

https://electrum.dash.org/

From what I can gather this site is a scam site hosting a malicious wallet. Is that correct?

Code:
dashelectrum.org
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:30:57 PM

https://electrum.dash.org/#download

https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-dash
thrax

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:03:57 PM

https://electrum.dash.org/#download

https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-dash

Why isn't there a link to that in the OP? Including it in the OP would make it easier for newbies to avoid a scam wallet download.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:42:17 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:33:29 PM by NibiruHybrid

Dash Celebrates Fourth Anniversary, Industry-Changing Innovations

This week Dash turned four years old, owing its humble beginnings to its January 2014 launch as Xcoin, changed to Darkcoin for most of its early history until its eventual rebranding to Dash. Over the years it has turned into a multi-billion dollar ecosystem that funds millions worth of projects every single month, servicing hundreds of merchants worldwide and leaving an impressive mark in the cryptocurrency world.

DanF20

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:49:57 AM

More great news for dash and i look for forward that dash is the next to bitcoin price sooner.

budget proposals that get funding and could have a deep impact on Dash useability

https://www.dashforcenews.com/alt-thirty-six-proposals-review/

upcoming Dash update v0.12.2 could have an impact, as could the larger Dash Evolution update, planned for mid 2018

Dash market ending its longterm downtrend and beginning a new longterm uptrend cycle will have an effect on the Dash price (this is still closely connected to the Bitcoin price i think,
   when Bitcoin price stabilises it gives altcoins room to grow in BTC value)

solowhizkid

Activity: 494

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:30:50 AM

WHY DASH IS GOING TO MAKE YOU A MILLIONAIRE IN 2018!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r4IO_7EwXg

#dash_force

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:30:15 PM

@solowhizkid

Please use one post to share the news. Now is unnecessary spammy IMO

thanks,

Yeah... I agree. It's a bit excessive....

Thanks for finally doing a bit of self-policing in your community's thread.  You and BigR are right, the #DashForceSpam astroturfing is completely out of hand.  Didn't TaoOfSpamtoshi already get sent to time-out for that?

Would it be asking too much for you guys to also push back against and/or report the explicitly disallowed Price Speculation posts?

If you need an example to emulate, the Monero community provides that leadership by ruthless culling their [ANN] thread of price speculation and keeping it corralled in a purpose-specific thread in the appropriate Price Speculation sub.

It makes the Dash community look sloppy and careless to have so many price speculation posts ruining the signal/noise ratio here, in the sub designated for [ANN] level important info.

I know you guys pride yourselves on the high post count (taking your small victories where you find them, eh?) but not all thread bumping posts are equal to others.

If you need to artificially inflate your [ANN] post count with price speculation, that isn't a good look for your coin nor its lethargic community.

Thanks for indulging the Meta.  Now let's get back to discussing the Instamine and total lack of communication regarding Evolution falling more than two years behind schedule!  Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:12:26 PM

@solowhizkid

Please use one post to share the news. Now is unnecessary spammy IMO

thanks,

Yeah... I agree. It's a bit excessive....

Thanks for finally doing a bit of self-policing in your community's thread.  You and BigR are right, the #DashForceSpam astroturfing is completely out of hand.  Didn't TaoOfSpamtoshi already get sent to time-out for that?

Would it be asking too much for you guys to also push back against and/or report the explicitly disallowed Price Speculation posts?

If you need an example to emulate, the Monero community provides that leadership by ruthless culling their [ANN] thread of price speculation and keeping it corralled in a purpose-specific thread in the appropriate Price Speculation sub.

It makes the Dash community look sloppy and careless to have so many price speculation posts ruining the signal/noise ratio here, in the sub designated for [ANN] level important info.

I know you guys pride yourselves on the high post count (taking your small victories where you find them, eh?) but not all thread bumping posts are equal to others.

If you need to artificially inflate your [ANN] post count with price speculation, that isn't a good look for your coin nor its lethargic community.

Thanks for indulging the Meta.  Now let's get back to discussing the Instamine and total lack of communication regarding Evolution falling more than two years behind schedule!  Smiley

looks like the red MACD makes you angry against Dash  Grin
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:18:25 PM

Seeing you posting almost every day in this thread the last three

he is posting between 0.1-0.04
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:02:21 AM

Dash versus US$$$$$

Note channel is log. Macd looks to be turning up, RSI likewise. Looks likely Dash can maintain its extraordinary rise against fiat toilet paper. Actually some fiat notes are plastic now, eugh. 
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 02:03:20 AM

FU troll
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:25:02 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:33:42 PM by NibiruHybrid

Most Cryptocurrencies Have Always Been This “Scammy”

Why do the most scammy and incomplete cryptocurrency projects seem to do so well in the markets?

To the new investor in cryptocurrency, everything might seem so fast-paced and full of wonder. To the old school users who have been around since the Mt. Gox days, however, the current markets might seem frustratingly shallow. Coins still in testnet worth billions, whitepapers with tradable tokens attached being valued more than whole currencies, the whole thing seems to be devolving into one giant scammy mess. Back in my day we ran our own nodes and bought our own alpaca socks with blockchain tech, dammit! Back then it was about the technology!

Actually, no. A couple of commercial experiments aside, it’s pretty much always been this way. The ecosystem has simply become much more evolved at producing its main offerings. And let’s be clear about the two main functionalities provided by cryptocurrency: tech hype and gambling. At this stage, the vast majority of coins are used because of the rush felt by hearing about what their tech can supposedly do, and because of their capacity to be gambled to make a quick buck.

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 03:50:52 PM

.... My precious Lightning... Might not be panning out like I thought it would.... I should have backed DASH....  Cry

Yup, looks like Lightning's ability may be in question... Just as we' very always thought about off chain solutions.... Feel bad for those that had faith... Instead of backing the winning team... DASH! lightning-network-may-not-solve-bitcoins-scaling-trilemma/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:07:06 PM

Arizona State University (ASU) has announced a partnership with the digital currency Dash that will provide $350,000 to accelerate research, development, and education in ways that advance blockchain transaction speed, efficiency, security, and expand its uses.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/arizona-state-university-partners-with-dash-to-fund-research-scholarships

"One of Dash’s community members who goes by the handle of “TanteStefana,” wrote that while MIT funds Bitcoin’s development, Dash funds ASU’s research lab. She points out that the direction of influence is completely different: Bitcoin is at least partially dependent on the good will and fundraising efforts of MIT. This means the university could theoretically attempt to influence the project.

With the partnership between Dash and ASU, money and influence flows in the opposite direction. It’s Dash that’s providing funding to ASU, making it impossible for the university to wield any influence over the project."

Great way to create a conflict of interest.  Now Dragan Boscovic, who is a notorious Dash pumper, suffers from perverse incentives to steer clear of any research showing Dash is obsolete digital trash compared to the latest version of Bitcoin and more advanced blockchain schemata like Monero and Cardano.

The fact MIT sponsors a couple of Core devs has little to no bearing on BTC as a whole, but since she brought it up let's unpack the compounded false representations and insinuations within her misleading propaganda.

Tante's analysis is flawed because she does not take into account the fact Dash simply copies and pastes most of its code from Bitcoin Core.

The idea MIT "could theoretically attempt to influence" Bitcoin Core is absurd on its face given the fact Core successfully resisted much larger pressures brought to bear in the XT, Unlimited, Classic, and (especially) Segwit2X initiatives.

Then there is the fact Arizona State is a shit-tier CS school that isn't even a backup choice for the best and brightest budding devs.

On the other hand, MIT is literally the top ranked CS school *in the entire world*.

Don't believe me, check the objective rankings for yourself: http://www.shanghairanking.com/Shanghairanking-Subject-Rankings/computer-science-engineering.html

It's a shame ASU grad's EECS degrees will be worth less when the inevitable collapse of the Dash HYIP Ponzi scheme collapses and via association tarnishes the reputation of the admittedly improving CS department.

But hey, more power to Dragan Boscovic for successfully riding the Blockchain Hype Gravy Train as long and as hard is possible.  Not a bad outcome for a dude who couldn't get a job at any Uni ranked above number 150.

Still, it's poor form to be taking pot shots at MIT and Core given the fact Dash copies and pastes most of its code from Core's repo.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Let's hope he can fix Dash's outstanding transaction malleability problem (so they may someday enable Lightning payment channels), or perhaps enable the IPv6 solution promised many, many moons (IE >1 year) ago but never delivered and all but forgotten about, or maybe even improve the horrendously slow/expensive/unreliable performance of Dash's PrivateSend.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:41:49 PM

WHY DASH IS GOING TO MAKE YOU A MILLIONAIRE IN 2018!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r4IO_7EwXg

#dash_force

Nice video. In some points I don't agree. But in general - I agree. Dash is currently one of the promising coins. It really becomes a currency for everyday payments. This is one of the factors that will increase the capitalization of the coin several times.
boba02

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:13:46 AM

Koinbi.com would like to welcome Dash to its service!

Koinbi welcomes Dash to its family of crypto currencies and has opened the order books for Dash to be traded!
Our mission at Koinbi is to provide you, the user and trader with a clean, fast and secure platform to trade your crypto currencies.

URL: https://koinbi.com
Trade: https://koinbi.com/markets/dashbtc
API: https://koinbi.com/api_v2
Email: support@koinbi.com / james@koinbi.com

Thank you,
James and the team at Koinbi.com

Our free BTC promotion for new users ends soon so register quick or you may miss out!

2 Hours to go! - Free BTC will be added in two hours when the promotion ends, so make sure you have registered and made atleast one trade!

Promotion is now over and free BTC will be added to the eligible accounts over the next few hours, thank you to all the new traders who have joined us!

Do not deposit any money to Koinbi!

You won't be able to withdraw!

Koinbi is a SCAM!!!

Beware of scam:
- Koinbi.com exchange. Fake exchange rates, withdrawals don't work, no way to contact support.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:57:39 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 12:20:23 PM by toknormal

research showing Dash is obsolete digital trash compared to the latest version of Bitcoin and more advanced blockchain schemata like Monero and Cardano.

So "obsolete" in fact that it now serves as a reference standard for new blockchain creators wanting to incorporate governance models into their creations. How many months did Charles Hoskinson spend in the Dash Slack interacting with its community and researching its governance model when he was designing Cardano ? I lost count.

Actually I have high hopes for the "washing-machine-token" brigade that recently parachuted into the top-10 and are currently vying for supremacy in both coin supply and corporate-badging. The more of them there are the more that spaghetti meta-layer that services interoperability requirements will all be held up by an unambiguous monetary asset base in terms of value.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:21:23 PM

research showing Dash is obsolete digital trash compared to the latest version of Bitcoin and more advanced blockchain schemata like Monero and Cardano.

So "obsolete" in fact that it now serves as a reference standard for new blockchain creators wanting to incorporate governance models into their creations. How many months did Charles Hoskinson spend in the Dash Slack interacting with its community and researching its governance model when he was designing Cardano ? I lost count.

Actually I have high hopes for the "washing-machine-token" brigade that recently parachuted into the top-10 and are currently vying for supremacy in both coin supply and corporate-badging. The more of them there are the more that spaghetti meta-layer that services interoperability requirements will all be held up by an unambiguous monetary asset base in terms of value.

Also Cardano is planning these governance features (copied from Dash), but they are not implemented yet among other features too, which Dash has had running for years.

Icey is always clutching at straws with some flavour of the month new crypto which will make Dash 'obsolete'. A while ago he was pumping decred in, before that Litecoin, before that Monero probably, I lose count. Constantly returning to Lightning Networks. So boring. I can hardly be bothered to counter him. Its a shame because people fall for his FUD and lose out, someone posted here recently complaining Icey persuaded him to sell his three masternodes, which then went up hugely in value. In the big picture though Icey is not changing anything. I feel sorry for those that fall for his nonsense though.  
Pages: « 1 ... 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 [6523] 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: