Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2018, 11:33:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 [6562] 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9259008 times)
solowhizkid

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:54:36 AM

What's the potential impact from Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities to Masternodes running on VPS or Cloud platforms?

https://aws.amazon.com/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2018-013/

tldr; if you had coins in a Masternode hosted on shared VPS they're probably already gone (should have used a Dedicated Instance)

I still have coins in a masternode that's hosted on shared vps. i'll let u know when are gone. stay tuned!

Proof?  Signed wallet and Masternode IP please (for 'research' purposes)! Wink

For your info ICEBREAKER, DASH doesn't use hot wallet masternodes that are always online! stop spreading FUD around! Even if a "remote masternode" gets hacked (its a cold wallet) no actual funds are within the wallet, there elsewhere remote probably on the otherside of the world or even on a hardware device like trezor. Stop chatting crap! First learn how Dash's tech works before you start commenting:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

How to Buy Dash Cryptocurrency?

https://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/dash/how-to-buy-dash-cryptocurrency/

#dash_force
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

To those that are worried about the latest processor vulnerabilities:

1. Ignore ICEBREAKER, his just a troll spreading mischeif and does not know how tech works!
2. Even if its a dedicated / shared vps and it running either linux or windows you will eventually have to update your system to recieve the latest CVE patches.
3. On Linux you would run something like (when the patches are released)

> If you are running Centos / Redhat

Run these commands as the root user or sudo:

"yum update --disableexcludes=all update - y" (without quotes) this will ensure all packages including the kernel are updated even if they are packages defined as exclusions in /etc/yum.conf

> If you are running ubunutu:

"apt-get update"  -  To get updates
 "apt-get upgrade"  - To install them

4. For Windows, just go ahead and manually patch it, i am sure Microsoft will be dishing the updates out soon automatically, if you have automated patching runing, you wont see a difference to other updates that you would normally get, but if you patch manually, its best to go ahead and just search for updates ones there released from Microsoft and update.

Doing the above however will mean you have to restart your servers at some point as these are considered kernel patches and only take effect when the devices have been rebooted. Don't worry you wont lose your place on the masternodes so long as your server advertises its a masternode within an hour and you wont need to do a remote restart or anything from the masternode, just start up "dashd" again and you'll be in the payment queue within no time.

Providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Rackspace and other hosting providers etc will all send out communication to those that are effected and give you guidance on how to mitigate and patch anyway so nothing to be worried about.

As mentioned earlier, ignore ICEBREAKER, his a troll! It clearly says it on the left hand side of all my posts just under my profile name Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:33:14 PM

Poor Icey, after all these years he is still trying to break the ice with us with all his cute (although somewhat lenghty  Undecided) copy and paste posts.

Just hang in there Icey, one day you will succeed and you will finally be part of our growing Dash community and actually feel the Dash feeling
that we all feel in here.....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to Thousands of Retailers in Spain

Bitnovo, a Spanish startup with several years in the cryptocurrency industry has announced the integration of Dash on its platform.

Bitnovo is a startup that allows it customers to purchase both Bitcoin and Dash cryptocurrencies safely, easily and quickly.

Bitnovo also offer debit cards for cryptocurrency, from traditional card with users data, to completely anonymous cards that don’t store user data, something really appreciated due its privacy.

ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 308
Merit: 295

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:11:53 PM

Support and resistance forming a symmetrical triangle may be a positive sign of a breakout. Seems to agree with a lot of the TA analysis done over the past few days.
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/DASHUSD/ubT84NYi-DASH-good-buy/

▄▄
          ▄████▄
        ▄████████▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄██▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▄▄▀██▄
  ▄████▄▀▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀▀▄████▄
▄██████████▀██ ██████████▄
▀██████████ ██▄██████████▀
  ▀████▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▄▄▀████▀
    ▀██▄▀▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀▀▄██▀
      ▀████████████▀
        ▀████████▀
          ▀████▀
            ▀▀

███   ███      ███   ▄██████████▄   ███       ███   ██████████▄   ███████████   ███       ███   ████             ████
███    ███     ███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███       ███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███       ███   █████           █████
███   █ ███    ███   ███      ▀▀▀   ███       ███           ███                 ███       ███   ██████         ██████
███   ██ ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███       ███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ███       ███   ███ ███       ███ ███
███   ███ ███  ███   ▀███████████   ███       ███   ██████████▀   █████████     ███       ███   ███  ███     ███  ███
███   ███  ███ ███            ███   ███       ███   ███   ▄▄▄                   ███       ███   ███   ███   ███   ███
███   ███   ██████   ▄▄▄      ███   ███       ███   ███    ███                  ███       ███   ███    ███ ███    ███
███   ███    █████   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███     ███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███     █████     ███
███   ███     ████   ▀██████████▀   ▀███████████▀   ███      ███  ███████████   ▀███████████▀   ███      ███      ███
.▬THE NEW INSURANCE ECOSYSTEM
██████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
LIGHT PAPER
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
WHITE PAPER
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
      GET IN TOUCH WITH US     
Facebook  |  Twitter  |
Instagram  |  Youtube  |  Linkedin  |
olympys

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

You know that you are holding something special if it's the only thing green in a sea of red. Dash has been my best investment to date. Just kicking myself for not buying more when it jumped to $150.

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

Icebreaker do you have nothing better to do than troll this page everyday ? Your FUD just add's to the pages of our thread. You actually make it look like there is much more discussion and a much more active thread.

Thank You  !!

Grin

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:23:58 AM

Edge Wallet (formerly Airbitz) adds DASH

https://blog.edgesecure.co/edge-wallet-development-update-ad4221efe2f1

Support the Arts .....>
XgRh8s3hRW8YvimLTw2J5hqpCQMk7NVY6F
falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:38:10 AM

1. Ignore ICEBREAKER, his just a troll spreading mischeif and does not know how tech works!
2. Even if its a dedicated / shared vps and it running either linux or windows you will eventually have to update your system to recieve the latest CVE patches.

"yum update --disableexcludes=all update - y" (without quotes) this will ensure all packages including the kernel are updated even if they are packages defined as exclusions in /etc/yum.conf

4. For Windows, just go ahead and manually patch it, i am sure Microsoft will be dishing the updates out soon automatically, if you have automated patching runing, you wont see a difference to other updates that you would normally get, but if you patch manually, its best to go ahead and just search for updates ones there released from Microsoft and update.

Doing the above however will mean you have to restart your servers at some point as these are considered kernel patches and only take effect when the devices have been rebooted. Don't worry you wont lose your place on the masternodes so long as your server advertises its a masternode within an hour and you wont need to do a remote restart or anything from the masternode, just start up "dashd" again and you'll be in the payment queue within no time.

Providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Rackspace and other hosting providers etc will all send out communication to those that are effected and give you guidance on how to mitigate and patch anyway so nothing to be worried about.

As mentioned earlier, ignore ICEBREAKER, his a troll! It clearly says it on the left hand side of all my posts just under my profile name Smiley

I don't think you thoroughly comprehend the issue. The vulnerability exists with the hardware, and cannot be fully remediated without hardware replacement. If you believe service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc. can complete the necessary hardware replacement within the next 6 to 12 months, that's naive at best. The replacement is a significant undertaking with extraneous costs, and past the cost factor, hardware vendors cannot even supply at the necessary levels to meet that type of demand. Software vendors will attempt to remediate within their realm/capabilities but each fix will be shortlived as new vulnerabilities are identified within the code identified. Believe me, in the short term, a significant amount effort will be invested in identifying new attack vectors to exploit this persistent vulnerability, by governments and other entities.
This means your coins as the masternode owner may be safe on the VPS or Cloud instance they are hosted on, but the transactions passing through will not be until the underlying hardware is replaced.
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:31:25 AM

I don't think you thoroughly comprehend the issue. The vulnerability exists with the hardware, and cannot be fully remediated without hardware replacement. If you believe service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc. can complete the necessary hardware replacement within the next 6 to 12 months, that's naive at best. The replacement is a significant undertaking with extraneous costs, and past the cost factor, hardware vendors cannot even supply at the necessary levels to meet that type of demand. Software vendors will attempt to remediate within their realm/capabilities but each fix will be shortlived as new vulnerabilities are identified within the code identified. Believe me, in the short term, a significant amount effort will be invested in identifying new attack vectors to exploit this persistent vulnerability, by governments and other entities.
This means your coins as the masternode owner may be safe on the VPS or Cloud instance they are hosted on, but the transactions passing through will not be until the underlying hardware is replaced.

On the phone right now writing this, but I fully comprehend the issue and am aware it's hardware related, yes in the short term they can " mitigate " this with software patches which will thus slow down performance, however masternodes are being compensated so they should be able to spec up a beefier server if need be. In the long term yes hardware will need to be replaced, but with digital solutions whether it be on a silicon chip or even software based there will always be flaws, bugs etc discovered, that's just a apart of life, after all its humans who are behind the tech and we all make mistakes Smiley unless ur ICEBREAKER of course.. Hehe his perfect! Sykes.
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:33:13 PM

What Is True Crypto? Two Criteria That Disqualify Most of the Top Ten

The cryptocurrency field’s combined market capitalization is fast approaching the $1 trillion mark as the emergent field surges forward. However, how accurate is the term “cryptocurrency” when referring to many of these new stars?

Let’s remember that the reason we’re all here, the reason there’s a whole separate category for cryptocurrency instead of being lumped into existing fields like simple tech and finance is because it’s inherently different. Bitcoin paved the way, not simply by pioneering blockchain technology, but by including a certain collection of attributes that made it, at least at the start, perfect money. Its present value, along with the value of all current blockchain-derived assets, comes from that winning combination, and while in my opinion Dash presently encompasses all these the best, several other top coins can qualify as well.

How many of the top ten coins right now still hold up? Use this handy list of attributes to see what is and isn’t “true crypto.”

aladdinms

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:07:27 PM

ok
casparthefriendly

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

What's the potential impact from Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities to Masternodes running on VPS or Cloud platforms?

https://aws.amazon.com/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2018-013/

tldr; if you had coins in a Masternode hosted on shared VPS they're probably already gone (should have used a Dedicated Instance)

Its not the Node owners fault.  How could they have forseen this making Shared VPS vulnerable, did you forsee this?
casparthefriendly

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:03:11 PM

Usual salty FUD

FU Icebreaker, you and other trolls were one of the reasons why I sold some of the DASH prematurely.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder how many more were driven away from wealth by Dash trollers like Icey, very sad indeed...

Cheers. I still kept a few BTCs but iCE and 2-3 others (possibly the same person) pushing the premine story on all the time made me to decommission the MNs and sell the coins :-/

I'm glad I'm ignoring that asshole Icebitcher...
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:36:04 PM

Dash Force Meetup Contest Winners: December

December was another another great month in the Dash meet up sphere. We had Meet Ups in Central America and in Africa this month and were added to Discoverdash.com, meetup.com and Facebook. Without further ado, here are this months winners…

WastedLTC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Its not the Node owners fault.  How could they have forseen this making Shared VPS vulnerable, did you forsee this?

Just to repeat incase everyone didn't hear.   Don't get sucked into FUD.   Masternodes do not have any access to the coins they use to operate.

chakipipa

Activity: 351
Merit: 139

Make Crypto Great Again!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

I sold dash 3 weeks ago. I do not see a tangible profit in the near future
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:19:55 PM

I sold dash 3 weeks ago. I do not see a tangible profit in the near future

Only people who feel insecure about their selling create posts like these, three weeks after selling.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

BitINKA and Bitcoin.vn Integrate Dash

BitINKA and Bitcoin.vn recently added Dash trading pairs, bringing easier access to Dash to Vietnam and Latin America.

The Peru-based exchange currently operates across most of Latin America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Peru and Venezuela) and deals in a wide variety of fiat currencies. BitINKA currently supports Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin, and now Dash. According to the CEO of BitINKA Roger Benites, the exhange received significant demand for Dash and is looking to expand worldwide:

Pages: « 1 ... 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 [6562] 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.