Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:08:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722706 times)
mahowi

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:21:32 PM

I'm getting an error dialog when staring latest version (v0.10.2.0-unk-beta) of wallet for windows:

("Warning: Please correct your date and time preferences of your computer, because otherwise DarkCoin won't work correctly!")

My timezone is CEST, blockchain sync stuck at block 46226. I thought it should sync with latest upload.
Code:
{
"version" : 100200,
"protocolversion" : 70009,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 354.50229864,
"blocks" : 46226,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 7,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 561.54559711,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1392739781,
"keypoolsize" : 100,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : "Warnung: Bitte korrigieren Sie die Datums- und Uhrzeiteinstellungen Ihres Computers, da DarkCoin ansonsten nicht ordnungsgemä�\u009F funktionieren wird!"
}

Bump!
I still can't sync after block 46226.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:21:38 PM

hi there,

i stumbled over drk about half an hour ago,
and thinking about giving it a try.

found this thread, but 600+ pages is to much.

can someone give me a short update?

i came as far as:
-op is/was thinking about a name-change
-some kind of premine(?) happend during the first 24 h

is that all, or did i miss something important?

Just discussion from the peanut gallery about a name change, nothing more.  It won't happen.

There was no pre-mine.  A pre-mine is when the coin is mined by devs or select individuals before it is released to the general public.  That is NOT what happened with DRK - it was simply opened to the public and the first people to mine it mined quite a bit of it because there weren't a lot of others mining.  That's the simplified version.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:22:50 PM

The point of them is to make it very expensive to acquire them. Imagine the following:

A:
- User asks "Should I create a masternode?"
- it costs $XXX, they would earn $X.XX/day. That's X days till they earn 100% of their investment.
- User buys 1000 DRK, creates masternode
- Price goes higher, 1000DRK gets pulled out of the supply
- Go to A

This is a feedback loop that I'm creating. We should add masternodes until the price goes really high and it's too expensive to buy the darkcoin to start a masternode.  

Let's say after the feedback loop completes the price of Darkcoin is $5 and we have 1200 nodes. At that point we have six million dollar in masternodes, to gain 50% of the network to do an attack would probably cost much more than six million dollars, so it's not possible anymore.

The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter.

But the main point, the real reason to make master node expensive is so that an entity, such as a government, or such would find it difficult to gain control of enough of the network to compromise the system, right?  If it were too cheap, it would be too easy for someone with enough resources to get control of the network.

In your last statement, "The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter. " does that mean that a person running a master node must register so the nodes can find them?

To start a masternode all you do is send 1000DRK to an address on that daemon and then add "masternode=" to the config. While running the client will know it's a masternode and ping the network saying that it's still available every few minutes. If we have 100 nodes, that 100 messages every few minutes.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:23:19 PM

CryptoHunter:   The issue was already brought up, Airdrop, and it was decided to leave things as it is! Period.... Its finished, it wasnt wanted. So no sense in dwelling on it.

Get over it, if you dont like it do use the coin. Quit bringing it up!

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

hi there,

i came as far as:

Just discussion about a name change, nothing more.  I would be shocked if it actually happened.

There was no pre-mine.  A pre-mine is when the coin is mined by devs or select individuals before it is released to the general public.  That is NOT what happened with DRK - it was simply opened to the public and the first people to mine it mined quite a bit of it because there weren't a lot of others mining.  That's the simplified version.

hehe no not at all.

they released it with no windows qt so only a few people could mine, then sadly the diff got jammed on super low for the first day so those few  mined up 12.5% of the current minting, then they voted to make that 12.5% into 50% to screw everyone else harder.

thats the simple version

LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:24:51 PM

Don't even reply to cryptohunter like he's a real person -> troll Deeeluxe.

His old signature: BEECOIN LOOKS LIKE THE FAIREST COIN YET     

My fav is how he says "see you in a few hours", but never leaves the thread

InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

hi there,

i came as far as:

Just discussion about a name change, nothing more.  I would be shocked if it actually happened.

hehe no not at all.

they released it with no windows qt so only a few people could mine, then sadly the diff got jammed on super low for the first day so those few  mined up 12.5% of the current minting, then they voted to make that 12.5% into 50% to screw everyone else harder.

thats the simple version

Get over it, if you dont like it LEAVE! Quick bringing it up, the community has gotten over it and the community has made the decision, go back to trolling on your own threads!

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:27:29 PM

CryptoHunter:   The issue was already brought up, Airdrop, and it was decided to leave things as it is! Period.... Its finished, it wasnt wanted. So no sense in dwelling on it.

Get over it, if you dont like it do use the coin. Quit bringing it up!

It wasn't wanted hey?? well that was a quite poll.

What if i started the same poll and generated more knowledge that it existed for a longer period of time. What if the result showed people did want it?

Besides obviously 2m would kill dark, i though that was a bit too generous. I am suggesting 200k of which you only have to find 100k now.

I want nothing for myself but surely you want to make it right for those windows miners you guys closed out right?

I'm sure the alt community would agree on that poll?

Anway just putting my ideas out there before i decide on the best poll to publish in the main section....

Just wanted some feedback here first Smiley

I'm happy to be a member of this community once again, i had not posted here since the opening page.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:29:35 PM

Yes i support all fair coins sadly i can't put them all in my sig. Wish i could put drk in there but sadly that's just not possible

ok well unless i get a better suggestion i will be out lining this suggestion in the main section and collecting signatures Smiley

i wonder how many i will get?

droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:30:06 PM

Just discussion from the peanut gallery about a name change, nothing more.  It won't happen.

thx!

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:30:54 PM

Yes i support all fair coins sadly i can't put them all in my sig. Wish i could put drk in there but sadly that's just not possible

ok well unless i get a better suggestion i will be out lining this suggestion in the main section and collecting signatures Smiley

Yeah I wonder how many you'll get from the competition that wants to see DRK fail.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:31:58 PM

Load of signatures and then what? Free dark coins for everyone?
Coin price crashes and you and your cronies buy up?

Extortion. Plain and simple.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:32:11 PM

thx!

hey kid do some more research because instamine is worse than premine, and a captive instamine is the very worst what happened here.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:33:00 PM

Load of signatures and then what? Free dark coins for everyone?
Coin price crashes and you and your cronies buy up?

Extortion. Plain and simple.

compensation ........ 200k dark redistribution will crash your coin... you have bigger problems then.

I need you to explain to me why drk shouldnt do this... you all voted to enrich yourselves by cutting 88m to 22m.... naughty naughty. Time for another vote.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:35:47 PM

support for the worst idea in history

1) Coins were not "stolen" from miners.
2) I'm not posting some bullshit from trading accounts so it can be vetted so I can get "free coins."
3) Dark isn't a scam.

All I see is you whining about not getting free shit. If a coin isn't profitable to mine, then you BUY THE FUCKING COIN or FUCK OFF. My miner stopped being profitable with Bitcoin at like $15 but I didn't run to the forums accusing Bitcoin of being a scam, even though the earliest miners made out like kings. That's part of the cryptocurrency scene. So much shit has happened with this coin, and so many coins have traded hands that it's stupid to make these claims. Cryptsy has 10% of the coin cap traded in the last 30 days, Poloniex/Cex had huge volume before that at lower prices, I'd wager another 20% - 30%.

Air dropping (postmining?) is appeasing the greediest miners who just want some coin so they can dump that shit for profit. I'll sell every Dark I own before that shit happens. Evan recognized it is a toxic idea and has already put a stop to it, thankfully.

I will put it to vote all the same ... you opinion is noted. Seems you didn't care to read what i wrote... that's the problem with greed it blinds you.

I read the whole post (bad grammar and all), it is a TERRIBLE idea. I responded to your main tenets which are lol. There is no greed here, I bought Dark and have never mined it.

Fuck off worthless troll.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
djcrypto

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:37:28 PM

About the name - I think the Darkcoin is quite a good name, however if majority wants to change and vote, here's couple ideas:

BitCash
iCash
MyCash
E-Cash

eCash
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:39:26 PM

Well, as someone who came here two months late and bought a bunch of coins with BTC and now I'm mining at a loss, I couldn't give a shit. Here is why:

Shit happens.

This is the other reason why.

Evan and the volunteers that keep this show on the road, and with such tremendous potential, are nothing more to me than a great start-up team. Start-ups and those that support them over the longer-term, rather than those that randomly mine a new coin and walking away after a day or two, deserve as much if not more than anyone else.

The airdrop was my suggestion, but then it seems to have morphed into something else, which has since morphed into blackmail.

Go out and find another project that has the potential to beat Litecoin. There are few if any.

Just having a few coins at the moment can make people a lot of money. That is enough for me as Johnny-come-lately.

I hope Evan gets filthy rich. If he does, we all make some money as well.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:40:13 PM

support for the worst idea in history

1) Coins were not "stolen" from miners.
2) I'm not posting some bullshit from trading accounts so it can be vetted so I can get "free coins."
3) Dark isn't a scam.

All I see is you whining about not getting free shit. If a coin isn't profitable to mine, then you BUY THE FUCKING COIN or FUCK OFF. My miner stopped being profitable with Bitcoin at like $15 but I didn't run to the forums accusing Bitcoin of being a scam, even though the earliest miners made out like kings. That's part of the cryptocurrency scene. So much shit has happened with this coin, and so many coins have traded hands that it's stupid to make these claims. Cryptsy has 10% of the coin cap traded in the last 30 days, Poloniex/Cex had huge volume before that at lower prices, I'd wager another 20% - 30%.

Air dropping (postmining?) is appeasing the greediest miners who just want some coin so they can dump that shit for profit. I'll sell every Dark I own before that shit happens. Evan recognized it is a toxic idea and has already put a stop to it, thankfully.

I will put it to vote all the same ... you opinion is noted. Seems you didn't care to read what i wrote... that's the problem with greed it blinds you.

I read the whole post (bad grammar and all), it is a TERRIBLE idea. I responded to your main tenets which are lol. There is no greed here, I bought Dark and have never mined it.

Fuck off worthless troll.

ah the grammar police, that's sure to stop the vote.. .don't worry though i will have it looked over by cambridge scholars before posting on the main section... just typing here from my bed whilst i watch tv..... i will pay more attention for the real thing.

well if you bought after the minting was slashed to bits nobody is asking you for anything.... however if you bought cheap and voted to change the rules to make yourself better off.... get digging deep.

of course everyone here bought drk and never mined it.... hehe

Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:41:23 PM

The last couple pages in this thread have been an entire troll and panic fest CryptoHunter I applaud you for your persistence! Your dedication to seeing Darkcoin fail is borderline mentally unstable.

Can we actually have an intelligent discussion on the development process of this coin for once? When we have strong debates and discussions, we strengthen the community and increase it's resilience. Will Evan or InternetApe please answer these questions regarding master nodes here? There is a whole forum Titled "Development Tech Discussion" exactly for this reason. It would be a shame if it went to waste.

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/master-nodes.200/
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:41:40 PM

Airdrop is a terrible idea, one that would crash the coin's value to 10x less than what it is now. I would dump every single DRK I own if something so stupid was done. The price of DRK dropped just at the mention of an idea of such stupendous idiocy.
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: