Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:49:58 PM

some nice progress again on the RC4 testing... https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-18
check last post on page 18

eh .. we are not looking over your shoulder Evan.. honestly.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:01:55 PM

some nice progress again on the RC4 testing... https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-18

THIS IS ONLY TEST SERVER UPDATE....
If someone thinks the dev rest all day ;P

Exactly here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-18#post-13164

****** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.12.4 OR 10.12.4 *******

This is a pretty large update to the RC client.

- New column "Darksend Rounds" in coincontrol to show how secure a given input is
- Fixed a few issues causing darksend to fail. We should see many more darksends occuring now if it's fixed.
- Redid denominations to 1, 10, 100, and 500. Maybe this is too simple, but it seems effective, all change from transactions will de denominated automatically again through darksend for the next transactions. We'll see how it works.
- usemasternode option, will override active masternode (only in RC, just for testing)

Binaries (stable)
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes )
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:12:08 PM

Snipped

I don't normally engage in these type of discussions, but since you indicated to be an early DRK investor, I will indulge this one time.

I don't condone what any of the "DRK holders" are doing on another thread, there is absolutely no reason to do this. May be a bad apple here and there. However, 100% of the time you can trace it back to the sellers/PnDers/Traders of other "anonymous" coins coming to DRK thread first and riling people up here, because this thread is not moderated. It has been an absolute advertisement for other coins thread and a FUD thread. All this while people are not doing any of their homework and playing with their money, siding with certain camps and generally being idiotic. DRK bashing continues on ALL the anon coin threads. From HERO members, to newbies.

I had a chat with Evan before the CN coins came to limelight and he indicated that porting Ring Sigs to DRK would be an easy way as far as transaction privacy was concerned. It would not have taken more than a few days to do it. But he didn't take this route. He had long term plans via Masternodes.

To others, obviously do your due diligence but you ain't seen nothing yet. Don't believe in any FUD. People are throwing jargons and marketing like there is no tomorrow, mainly because DRK leads anon market.

Exactly. I just wish people would let the technology speak for itself, instead of resorting to gutter trash tactics. Tbh, I wish all promising anon technology success in the future. Hopefully the dream of  100% financial privacy will be a reality one day.

I want a leash!

OK!

Coolstoryteller

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | RC4 Testing
Today at 04:24:05 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently screwing my mom.

Interesting. I didn't know bitcointalk had access to that information. Good to know xD

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:58:13 PM

Show proof

WTF kind of evidence is that

0 Blockchain analysis... 0 proof.  More bullshit...

When a kebab kiosk from Manchester slums ran by Mohammed & Sons start taking preorders for asics they've never even tried to make before phzi can't throw money at them fast enough. But when he thinks he missed the train of a market leader coin with the best chance to overtake litecoin he gets all suspicious?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:08:47 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 06:24:53 PM by MasterMined710

When you guys get a chance - put a leash on your rabid trailer trash dog MasterMined710. He's going all across the internet on a Cloakcoin FUDpack smear campaign. Let's keep the debate technical. I doubt DRK wants to get into a shit tossing competition with Cloak. There's plenty of people we can recruit for the job. I was one of the first DRK miners/investors. Although I have moved my funds elsewhere, I haven't resorted to the level of shit that some of the newer DRK holders have gone to protect their investment.
Sorry, as a potential future cloak investor (not at current prices) and current investor in other anon coins i just want my technical questions answered.

I have NEVER posted anything in the official self moderated cloakcoin  ANN thread.
 I have NEVER  ad hominem attacked anyone either (rabid trailer trash dog).

Y'all need to put a leash on bobssurplus and others in the cloak community who troll the (unmoderated) official DRK ANN thread.
The XC community has done a great job on that front lately and y'all could learn a thing or two from them (i'm not a current xc investor).
Have some respect and stay out of the ANN threads with FUD and trolling.
I will start a thread for civilized discussion/debate of all the anon coins. Tough questions will be welcome but trolling and name calling will not.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:56:50 PM

Oh no. Maybe it needs to be posted elsewhere Mr. President.

Last time this happened, it brought the wrath of an entire sect onto Darkcoin thread Sad We don't need it.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:58:36 PM

Cloak can't even be compared to Darkcoin.

Cloak is just Hot air, they have no testnet for the public, they have no proof that Any work is being done.(pics can be faked, as shown by the infamous scamcoin, stackcoin).It's all just a marketing scheme to try and get you to buy cloakcoins while they continue to dump.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:59:51 PM

Last time this happened, it brought the wrath of an entire sect onto Darkcoin thread Sad We don't need it.

Ah.. deleted..
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:06:50 PM

When a kebab kiosk from Manchester slums ran by Mohammed & Sons start taking preorders for asics they've never even tried to make before ..

I can't help it but:  Grin  That's the picture I had when I was checking into them for a possible investment.  I feel a bit sry for the ppl that fell for it.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:46:49 PM

Cloak can't even be compared to Darkcoin.

Cloak is just Hot air, they have no testnet for the public, they have no proof that Any work is being done.(pics can be faked, as shown by the infamous scamcoin, stackcoin).It's all just a marketing scheme to try and get you to buy cloakcoins while they continue to dump.
At least we can prove that something is being done, while they can't actually.
It's just a few people with puppets trying to hype a coin. A coin whose market cap isn't even in the 5-10M range.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:50:42 PM

Ah.. deleted..

Great info, thanks. Just what i suspected but needed expert confirmation from El Presidente.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

THIS IS ONLY TEST SERVER UPDATE....
If someone thinks the dev rest all day ;P

Exactly here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/page-18#post-13164

****** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.12.4 OR 10.12.4 *******

This is a pretty large update to the RC client.

- New column "Darksend Rounds" in coincontrol to show how secure a given input is
- Fixed a few issues causing darksend to fail. We should see many more darksends occuring now if it's fixed.
- Redid denominations to 1, 10, 100, and 500. Maybe this is too simple, but it seems effective, all change from transactions will de denominated automatically again through darksend for the next transactions. We'll see how it works.
- usemasternode option, will override active masternode (only in RC, just for testing)

Binaries (stable)
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/master-rc4/darkcoind

RC4 Binaries ( masternodes )
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoind

Masternode on testnet updated and back online

Edit : I have a run with masternodepayments on testnet :-); on mainnet i am waiting for 7 days now :-(
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

Hi all can someone point me to a good explanation how to setup a second masternode on the same remote server. I can assign an extra ipaddress, but then what?

Thanks
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:12:18 PM

Mike Hearn said:

“The fact I use bitcoin isn’t a secret, but I don’t want all my transactions in an NSA database. When I use bitcoin in a bar, I don’t want someone on the local network to learn my balance. The way bitcoin is used today, both those things are possible.”

Thanks to IP tracking, it’s “possible that the NSA and GCHQ have de-anonymized most of the block chain by now,” he added.

http://www.coindesk.com/beyond-new-york-lies-ahead-bitcoin/

So, pays your money and takes your choices.

You can buy Darkcoin now while its cheap, or you can wait until its worth $350 / coin.

Either way, you're a buyer. You can't fight fate, or the NSA/GCHQ - they literally have your number.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:48:18 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 09:14:56 PM by coins101

This is going to sound stupid, but lets see.

Q. Can you use DarkSend+ to send messages?  Instead of mixing coins, can you mix letters from a small message, like an address, and recompile them at the other end?

I can't see why not...

Great.

Q. Can you merge mine with Darkcoin a second anonymous PoW system - one does coins, one does short messages?

edit

for those smart enough to figure out how to do it, Ev - cough - an, that's a a little extra in fees for master nodes for also delivering the mail.

What advantage does 'mining' messages have over pgp? I don't want to be running three GPU's to send a private email.

And Darksend+ has a pretty limited 'alphabet,' that's kind of the whole reason it works - every transaction/transaction group looks exactly the same to any observing third party.

You could have an easier to use wallet feature (it's pretty much already there) - send secure msg for a tiny fee to nodes/miners, but it wouldn't need any merged mining, just encryption - send it like any other transaction and nobody will be able to trace it.

It's a very under-utilised feature of the existing codebase, don't see why it couldn't be extended to send more than just text...

one way mixed hash messages.

ok, maybe translate small address messages to binary, then send through DarkSend.

Edit - it doesn't take much to turn Northing and Easting or some variant of global positioning coordinates to create numerical representations of an address sufficient to enable buyer / seller to communicate deliveries.

Reason? Fees for master nodes for secure messages. Encryption, that can be broken.

Edit; edit

I think I'm going to try and get something built specifically for Darkcoin.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:25:05 PM

This is going to sound stupid, but lets see.

Q. Can you use DarkSend+ to send messages?  Instead of mixing coins, can you mix letters from a small message, like an address, and recompile them at the other end?

I can't see why not...

Great.

Q. Can you merge mine with Darkcoin a second anonymous PoW system - one does coins, one does short messages?

edit

for those smart enough to figure out how to do it, Ev - cough - an, that's a a little extra in fees for master nodes for also delivering the mail.

What advantage does 'mining' messages have over pgp? I don't want to be running three GPU's to send a private email.

And Darksend+ has a pretty limited 'alphabet,' that's kind of the whole reason it works - every transaction/transaction group looks exactly the same to any observing third party.

You could have an easier to use wallet feature (it's pretty much already there) - send secure msg for a tiny fee to nodes/miners, but it wouldn't need any merged mining, just encryption - send it like any other transaction and nobody will be able to trace it.

It's a very under-utilised feature of the existing codebase, don't see why it couldn't be extended to send more than just text...

one way mixed hash messages.

ok, maybe translate small address messages to binary, then send through DarkSend.

Edit - it doesn't take much to turn Northing and Easting or some variant of global positioning coordinates to create numerical representations of an address sufficient to enable buyer / seller to communicate deliveries.

Reason? Fees for master nodes for secure messages. Encryption, that can be broken.

Edit; edit

I think I'm going to try and get something built specifically for Darkcoin.

Uh, you can't break pgp by 'disabling ssl...'

I suppose you could also Darksend asci combinations of 0.0000001DRK's and 0.0000000's to spell out messages but that would get expensive, plus fees would complicate things... don't expect to be streaming video through the Darksend network anytime soon though.
Dsellerz

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:38:20 PM

What is the difference between what keycoin is doing right now and what darkcoin is trying in RC4? Is some of the thunder removed from RC4s release?
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:41:45 PM

No. Look at the darksend+ example then go back to your key coin diagram and tell me which one looks harder to crack.

DRK is on the cusp of being the best thing since bitcoin.

----------

So we have the darksend+ in RC4 in testing

Darksend+ pre-privatises your coins so you can use them as you normally would - ie. Darksend+ makes darkcoin ready for the world.

Proper adoption can begin in ernest. Beyond crypto land.

This will be vetted by Kristov Atlas - so actually vetted as opposed to other coins claiming "anon - promise!"

--------------

And with that comes the becoming more pro and ready for the world developments:

We are getting electrum wallets - regenerate your wallets from a seed phrase.

Just keeping everyone up to date with Darkcointalk. Super exciting all the time!!!!

Quote from Tante:
"Also, one of the exciting opportunities that Masternodes provide, is that they can host the blockchain, decentralized, for lightweight users. I hope this feature happens soon. So only the masternodes, mining nodes and people who want to have a copy of the blockchain ever need have it. And yet it will still be stored in a decentralized fashion."

More Info:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/page-3
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-drk-electrum-server.1648/page-2
http://electrum-drk.org/

-------------------

Separately we are getting an upgrade to look and functionality of the QT wallets

Wow, this one (#3 with a couple suggestions that Raze implemented) is SEXY!

-----------------------

Also of interest:

xpool.ca multi pool where you can mine with X11, Scrypt or your old sha256 asics and get payed in DRK!

darkbids.com ebay for darkcoin. Sell stuff for darkcoin, buy stuff for darkcoin

-----------------------

And lastly we've consistently had the highest volume on mintpal and cryptsy for quite a while now.

So in short..

RC4 is coming be ready!!

HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:42:36 PM

Masternode on testnet updated and back online

Edit : I have a run with masternodepayments on testnet :-); on mainnet i am waiting for 7 days now :-(
That's waaay too long to wait. Re-build your masternode.
I've had two 'bad luck' masternodes that weren't getting paid properly, that I rebuilt from scratch, and now they are great performers.
Variance? Fuck variance. There's some serious favoritism in the masternode election system.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

What is the difference between what keycoin is doing right now and what darkcoin is trying in RC4? Is some of the thunder removed from RC4s release?

in priciple if i follow the short explanation from the keycoin thread they where using almost same type of method as darksend, but with that said, darksend+ is a step up from that.

they are basically using a joinswap. while the old darksend used a combination of coinswap and coinjoin with some more stuff thrown in on top.

if you want to know more, read post above this one

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Pages: « 1 ... 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: