Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
hedywsd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:44:13 AM

Yes. I can clearly see NEM more innovative than the PoS coins!  10 million market cap is easily reachable.  I predict next week's auction bid price would be at least 1 btc per stake!
I expect it is going to come true !

I have already seen people offering 5 BTC for stake of NEM.
One stake?really?

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex0909

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

@devs. if someone was to build a pool could they qualify for a dev stake or part of a dev stake? or would it have to be a bounty?

You know it's pure POS right?

Only pools that will work are pools where you mine altcoins and convert them into NEM (This has been done with NXT).
Or where you lease your balance to a pool and share the POS reward
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:37:23 AM

Consider that there are a lot of POS coins that distribute stakes at no cost and they are sold at 1 - 2 btc after 1 week. The Majority have no innovation, no major plans, no real long term looking community, no no dev team and a lot of other problems. If people understand the difference between signal and noise and the immense potential that lays in this project then I think the price will be easily well above 3 btc, maybe around 5 - 10 btc or more.

Now there are a lot of fake Nem supporters that try to spread a wrong message about Nem and its price with the hope of buying it very cheap.

In any case we must not forget that a lot of time, energy and effort has been put into this project and without a doubt there will be some real whales who will pay real money to get some more Nem stakes. This project is very different from the average clone or shitcoin, just look the the demographics of this great community, at the projects being developed(https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion) and draw some conclusions.
michaelb87

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:49:55 AM

Willing to sell my NEM stake for a good price. PM offers
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:53:31 AM

Consider that there are a lot of POS coins that distribute stakes at no cost and they are sold at 1 - 2 btc after 1 week. The Majority have no innovation, no major plans, no real long term looking community, no no dev team and a lot of other problems. If people understand the difference between signal and noise and the immense potential that lays in this project then I think the price will be easily well above 3 btc, maybe around 5 - 10 btc or more.

Now there are a lot of fake Nem supporters that try to spread a wrong message about Nem and its price with the hope of buying it very cheap.

In any case we must not forget that a lot of time, energy and effort has been put into this project and without a doubt there will be some real whales who will pay real money to get some more Nem stakes. This project is very different from the average clone or shitcoin, just look the the demographics of this great community, at the projects being developed(https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion) and draw some conclusions.

Problem with IPOs is that there are lot of speculators that invest and that are looking for short time gains
and those people will likely dump the coin soon as possible because in their heads
at the end is all calculated in FIAT Sad

It would be wise for NEM stakeholders to distribute the coin gradually by offering bounties
for projects to build applications and services and infrastructure that will use the coin
and not just sell the coin for dirty cheap or dirty expensive.

Ask your self what can you do with 1M NEM what business could you start what service or application
can you make and not just how to sell (dump) the coin.

People please stop thinking only in terms of FIAT (MarketCrap,USD,EUR) and try to understand a bigger picture
how crypto currency can save us from the current state of things and from the power of the few
and give us more economic freedom.

A man without economic freedom is not a free man.
Just my 2 NEM  Wink

smithAwesson

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:59:51 AM

Кaк ты нe мoжeшь пoнять? Ecли Nem бyдeт cтoить мaлo, 10 M USD, тo нa нeгo никтo и cмoтpeть нe бyдeт c низкoй кaпитaлизaциeй. Чтoбы люди oбpaтили внимaниe нa нeгo oн дoлжeн быть в пepвoй дecяткe кpиптoмoнeт. Кaпитaлизaция в 250 M USD дacт eмy шaнc нa жизнь. Пoтoмy чтo вcпoмним AuroraCoin? Чтo cтaлo c мoнeтoй? Boт и тyт бyдeт тoжe caмoe пocлe тoгo кaк нaчнyт cтapтoвaть тopги. Цeнa бyдeт пaдaть вниз. Пoэтoмy чeм бoльшe изнaчaльнo бyдeт цeнa и oбщaя кaпитaлизaция, тeм бoльшe шaнcoв пocлe пpoвaлa вниз y Nem бyдeт нa вoccтaнoвлeниe.

A ecли cдeлaть кaпитaлизaцию в 10 M USD, тo пpoвaлитcя кaпитaлизaция дo 1 M USD и ктo пoтoм бyдeт cмoтpeть нa этy мoнeтy нa coтoм мecтe? Hижe дecятoгo мecтa в peйтингe пo кaпитaлизaции никтo yжe и нe cмoтpит - тaм вce пoтeнциaльныe тpyпы мoнeты. Ecли вы xoтитe cильнyю мoнeтy, нa кoтopyю бyдyт oбpaщaть внимaниe, cдeлaйтe вcё oт вac вoзмoжнoe, чтoбы этa мoнeтa былa в пepвoй дecяткe пo кaпитaлизaции. Кoмy нe нpaвитcя тo чтo я пишy пo pyccки, Google translate вaм в пoмoщь.
smithAwesson

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:01:46 PM

stop lying you motherfucker. nice try to get multiple shares idiot
+ Grin
xtester

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:03:29 PM

Problem with IPOs is that there are lot of speculators that invest and that are looking for short time gains
and those people will likely dump the coin soon as possible because in their heads

It would be wise for NEM stakeholders to distribute the coin gradually by offering bounties
for projects to build applications and services and infrastructure that will use the coin

Ask your self what can you do with 1M NEM what business could you start what service or application

People please stop thinking only in terms of FIAT (MarketCrap,USD,EUR) and try to understand a bigger picture
how crypto currency can save us from the current state of things and from the power of the few

Just my 2 NEM  Wink

Totally agree.

I think it would be also very important to set up a starting price from which the auction should begin(eg. 5btc) and value all the innovation and hard work of the dev team and the community that has been put into this project up until now.

In other words we should set a valuation for NEM and auction should start from that price letting the market decide how much the price should go up. This is the way all the smart projects are doing it.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:11:27 PM

Just my 2 NEM  Wink

Totally agree.

I think it would be also very important to set up a starting price from which the auction should begin(eg. 5btc) and value all the innovation and hard work of the dev team and the community that has been put into this project up until now.

In other words we should set a valuation for NEM and auction should start from that price letting the market decide how much the price should go up. This is the way all the smart projects are doing it.

Shouldn't the price be determined by the market ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:12:14 PM

I consider that one share of Nem has to suffice the person on all his life. I don't speak about over wealth and about over consumption, but I mean that having one share, it would be possible to live, not to live in misery all life, and not to need anything. Therefore think before for cheap to dump that, on what it would be possible to live then all life.

What is 3000 people in planet scales which having the shares of Nem will never need more money? Therefore, it would be worth talking about initial capitalization in 5 billion dollars for Nem that 3000 people who have shares, more never needed anything.

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:19:19 PM

Just my 2 NEM  Wink

Totally agree.

I think auction starting price should be not less than last price for stake in IPO. It can be bigger a little.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:23:24 PM

@devs. if someone was to build a pool could they qualify for a dev stake or part of a dev stake? or would it have to be a bounty?

Excepts some dev. stakes for administrative tasks, the basis for allocating dev. stakes in promotion category is the project's capacity to attract new users (user acquisition), of course we will try to use some kind of plausible projection instead of actual numbers. The basis of allocating dev. stakes in ecosystem category is the project's capacity to add useful functionality into NEM ecosystem. Multipools may qualify in promotion category depending on how efficient they are.  Maybe a part of the ecosystem as well.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:25:51 PM

Just to clear this up. I wasn't argueing against a multipool with the "green argument" so we can market NEM as green.
I'm argueing against it because I think we shouldn't support the waste of energy regardless of how we market ourselfs.

How does this sounds:

Step 1: Hey let's build a new economy for a better future.
Step 2: Hey let's waste some energy to stabilize the currency of that new economy.

To me it sounds like a move of the old economy. 

I think it'd be cool to only support coins that actually use their mining process for something like PeerCoin and GridCoin.
Trying to find prime numbers and supporting scientists in curing cancer, aids and what not seems more appealing than calculating useless hashes.

yeah we can go for that!

does anyone know a list of coins that are like that? low energy mining or coins that actually do something good?

we probably dont even need that many coins to mine do we?

NEM becoming a success is going to be much better for the environment than Bitcoin.

If we are doing the multi-pool idea, we need to do it right and mine the most profitable coins
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:31:23 PM

Just to clear this up. I wasn't argueing against a multipool with the "green argument" so we can market NEM as green.
I'm argueing against it because I think we shouldn't support the waste of energy regardless of how we market ourselfs.

How does this sounds:

Step 1: Hey let's build a new economy for a better future.
Step 2: Hey let's waste some energy to stabilize the currency of that new economy.

To me it sounds like a move of the old economy. 

I think it'd be cool to only support coins that actually use their mining process for something like PeerCoin and GridCoin.
Trying to find prime numbers and supporting scientists in curing cancer, aids and what not seems more appealing than calculating useless hashes.

yeah we can go for that!

does anyone know a list of coins that are like that? low energy mining or coins that actually do something good?

we probably dont even need that many coins to mine do we?

NEM becoming a success is going to be much better for the environment than Bitcoin.

If we are doing the multi-pool idea, we need to do it right and mine the most profitable coins

Nem vs BlackCoin Wink

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
xtester

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:34:04 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 08:32:40 PM by xtester

Just my 2 NEM  Wink

Totally agree.

Imho this auction should be set up as to proceed in the best interest of the community.

So for the impressive hard work, innovation, great community, brilliant dev team and promising plans, a starting pre-auction valuation should be agreed upon and the price should be allowed to go from there up, but not down. Meaning the market should determine which should be the right price starting from lets say at least 5 btc per stake but not below that.  This is how an auction is really helping the community and project, otherwise the downside would defeat the purpose of the auction. If the price payed is not set by an agreed serious valuation then this auction will only serve the purpose of a big dump.

If we can agree that this project is comparable to etherium, etc, is very promising, long term aimed and here to stay, then I think we should act as such and value all this movement has achieved up until now. After all, look around, we have made some good progress, things are starting to clear out, the alpha is almost ready and a lot of other projects are set to launch.

Update: In addition, a valuation with a reasonable price payed for a stake during the auction will serve as some sort of bottom price solidification. With this step, this project would gain more interest and credibility and will also be transitioning from an interesting idea of sorts to real project in progress. Presumably, this would make even dumpers think twice before dumping their stakes right after the free market phase arrives. It could also raise a lot of attention from the media if we market the auction accordingly.
Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:03:15 PM

The devs should be required to escrow all funds from the auction and also waiting list funds. Can we all agree on this?

Edit: tomatocage has an escrow service we can use.

Bump.
jxmhqjg

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:27:56 PM

totally agree
+1000 agree

NEM is the future
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

hmmmm, just a thought.  would it be a good idea to hold the auction until an alpha is out on a test net?  then the auction could go live.  the profits from the auction could be used to by miners for the miner pool.  that way the profits from the auction would indirectly be going back to all the share holders as the profits from the miners would go towards propping up NEM.  is it an okay idea?  as far as I am concerned, I would be okay with an auction at testnet phase and then even another one at launch, maybe even lots of shares.  If a lot of money could be generated to buy miners, that would be really awesome.    

that would kickstart the mining pool with A LOT of hashing power.  that is what these mining pools need.  once it was big enough, lots of other people would join in it and make it bigger.  NXT's problem was reaching a tipping point with their mining pools where they had enough power to really mine some of the more serious coins.   

appsam920

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:44:49 PM

Off topic.

Stolen MTGOX BTCs going to maidsafe ipo?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.280
yweetot

Activity: 385

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

NEM final stakeholder list can not see Huh

Pages: « 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: