Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:00:28 PM

We have to delete: "Descendant of Nxt" in op. I theank that´s the reason most people think nem is based on nxt.

I already removed that subtitle when NEM evolved. NEM took some ideas from Bitcoin, Nxt, XCP etc. but both NIS and NCC are written from scratch.

this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0;topicseen

That thread was locked. Nothing can be changed except a total annihilation.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zsutbd

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:21:31 PM

I can't open "NEM final stakeholder list".Who can help me!

I can still open it. Check the first page for the link.

"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=1",right? I can't open it .utopianfuture I don't known what happend
I can't open it too!

NEM:NCVE3G-VBES2G-H7QEUG-L25X6E-EGYSPC-3DMFXM-UIP7
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdFRROFFGVUpwcFFXcHVCdGc0a3NuQVE&usp=drive_web#gid=1",right? I can't open it .utopianfuture I don't known what happend
I can't open it too!
Working for me > zsutbd 2065

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

I have 2 news for u - a good and a bad one. I was googling for Nxt and...

Good - I found references to NEM among the links.
Bad - They say that NEM is based on Nxt codebase.

If u have marketing team u should spread the word that NEM is not based on Nxt code, or u'll have a lot of PR problems in the future...

NEM does not have any marketing (yet). Everything now is about writing codes, defining technological roadmap etc.

There has been talk before about SEO. Or someone who knows what they are doing.  This is a perfect example. Negative or incorrect things are getting indexed by search engines. If there is no "correct" or "positive" things getting indexed, then we will have a challenge as to controlling what info is being spread about NEM outside a few forums. Takes time to do so we have to start now.

Yes, I am generalizing a bit, but this is basically how it works.

If there is confidence that the coding is to be successful, let's get the show on the road.

Pat, I respect your insights and your hard work. You are always here and I have noticed. Do you ever sleep? Anyway, I have to disagree with this notion that we dont want to do marketing and attract people before code is done. I know some people came and were disappointed, but they will return. Also, there are many that stayed.

zsutbd

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:37:00 PM

I can't open it too!
Working for me > zsutbd 2065
After config windows hosts file , I can  open it now. thx!

NEM:NCVE3G-VBES2G-H7QEUG-L25X6E-EGYSPC-3DMFXM-UIP7
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:38:55 PM

If u have marketing team u should spread the word that NEM is not based on Nxt code, or u'll have a lot of PR problems in the future...

NEM does not have any marketing (yet). Everything now is about writing codes, defining technological roadmap etc.

There has been talk before about SEO. Or someone who knows what they are doing.  This is a perfect example. Negative or incorrect things are getting indexed by search engines. If there is no "correct" or "positive" things getting indexed, then we will have a challenge as to controlling what info is being spread about NEM outside a few forums. Takes time to do so we have to start now.

If there is confidence that the coding is to be successful, let's get the show on the road.

Pat, I respect your insights and your hard work. You are always here and I have noticed. Do you ever sleep? Anyway, I have to disagree with this notion that we dont want to do marketing and attract people before code is done. I know some people came and were disappointed, but they will return. Also, there are many that stayed.

Thanks for your kind words Smiley

I didn't mean to wait for launch or code completion. Imho we should wait until logo and branding is done and applied to all channels. If I were to notice this brand new crypto NEM that everyone is talking about and then check their website, twitter and forum and all of them look different and even have different logos then I would have the feeling there are a bunch of uncoordinated amateurs behind it. The only thing I want to avoid is premature marketing. Early marketing is absolutely fine and even desireable.

cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:20:12 PM

Thanks for your kind words Smiley

I didn't mean to wait for launch or code completion. Imho we should wait until logo and branding is done and applied to all channels. If I were to notice this brand new crypto NEM that everyone is talking about and then check their website, twitter and forum and all of them look different and even have different logos then I would have the feeling there are a bunch of uncoordinated amateurs behind it. The only thing I want to avoid is premature marketing. Early marketing is absolutely fine and even desireable.

Couldn't agree more actually. So can we get the on a path with more urgency? Is the committee ready for us to vote? 99 designs?

SEO does not have to wait. They can start doing the research, and start formulating a plan. Usually, at this stage of a project of this size and scope, this would have been done already. We can start now and it wouldn't be toooo late. A little late, but manageable at this point. Launch is rather close in the grand scheme of things, highlighted by CFB's post about the search results.

JFK01

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:06:41 PM

I already removed that subtitle when NEM evolved. NEM took some ideas from Bitcoin, Nxt, XCP etc. but both NIS and NCC are written from scratch.

What do NIS and NCC stand for?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:11:25 PM

What do NIS and NCC stand for?

Hello
Here is the explanation:

NIS = NEM Infrastructure Server
NCC = NEM Community Client

oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

Hello Guys!

Could You please say me-When it's going to be auction and how much will cost entering?

Thanks a lot!

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:29:55 PM

Is an alpha test by the end of the month a guarantee?

No.
Noone can guarantee anything. Even major companies run into hickups sometimes and have to delay stuff. If that happens to huge companies it can happen to people working on a project in their free time.

I'm not saying there absolutely won't be an alpha. I'm saying shit happens.

Hopefully there will be many miscellaneous and careful tests ... to avoid similar situations like NXT had with forging distribution and its forecasting. (At least a lot of posting could have been avoided Smiley )

YoungTesla

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:34:34 PM

i actually had an idea last night... can we get a multipool mining now? i mean launch the multipool now and let it build up the btc until the coin actually launches? the mining power it could draw due to the massive interest in nem would be huge! and plus if btc takes a massive run up again you will see the dificulty of most coins go through the roof again... why not build up some funds up.. if nem wants to drop a bit after launch let it.. then after the drop start buying up with the mined funds..? what you think?

I like this idea as well, it will allow another option for people to acquire NEM besides just buying it in open market... BUt you really need competent guys to be running this who have similar NEM interests aligned.  Look at the blackcoinpool, they are doing all sorts of things to attract miners, giveaways etc ...

I don't mind the 10% for the devs, but it would be comforting if there was some sort of gradual lockup period for the first 6 months or so to give outside investors confidence they wont be dumped on, a stigma which NXT has

im a bit behind but here goes.. using a multipool doesnt make nem stop being green.. nem still is.. the multipool would just do the same things as other coins (mine them) but it will do it faster and kill them off before all coins are mined which is actually beneficial.. why let all the other  mulitipools suck all the wealth out of the other coins when we can take a nice big slice too? build up a nice large savings of btc to add big big buying presure after launch! its all good good good! theres allot of people in the community that agree too... and allot of miners would get in on this to get cheap coins.. throw in a bonus stake or 2 on top of the earnings to give extra profitablity and youl get mega miners coming.. the miners would actually get the cheapest coins(bar registration people)

imagine the amount of nem that will get bought up if we got people mining and stock pilling btc for months to buy nem at launch! Cheesy and loads of people will know about this and try and jump and get cheap coins before the pool buys in and raises the prices and others will try nd get infront of those people and the price will just explode!!!!!

+1 if you agree with people!

+1 Im in total agreement.
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:39:55 PM

i actually had an idea last night... can we get a multipool mining now? i mean launch the multipool now and let it build up the btc until the coin actually launches? the mining power it could draw due to the massive interest in nem would be huge! and plus if btc takes a massive run up again you will see the dificulty of most coins go through the roof again... why not build up some funds up.. if nem wants to drop a bit after launch let it.. then after the drop start buying up with the mined funds..? what you think?

I like this idea as well, it will allow another option for people to acquire NEM besides just buying it in open market... BUt you really need competent guys to be running this who have similar NEM interests aligned.  Look at the blackcoinpool, they are doing all sorts of things to attract miners, giveaways etc ...

I don't mind the 10% for the devs, but it would be comforting if there was some sort of gradual lockup period for the first 6 months or so to give outside investors confidence they wont be dumped on, a stigma which NXT has

im a bit behind but here goes.. using a multipool doesnt make nem stop being green.. nem still is.. the multipool would just do the same things as other coins (mine them) but it will do it faster and kill them off before all coins are mined which is actually beneficial.. why let all the other  mulitipools suck all the wealth out of the other coins when we can take a nice big slice too? build up a nice large savings of btc to add big big buying presure after launch! its all good good good! theres allot of people in the community that agree too... and allot of miners would get in on this to get cheap coins.. throw in a bonus stake or 2 on top of the earnings to give extra profitablity and youl get mega miners coming.. the miners would actually get the cheapest coins(bar registration people)

imagine the amount of nem that will get bought up if we got people mining and stock pilling btc for months to buy nem at launch! Cheesy and loads of people will know about this and try and jump and get cheap coins before the pool buys in and raises the prices and others will try nd get infront of those people and the price will just explode!!!!!

I'm certainly struggling to see any downside to this.

The 'throwing green out the window' argument can be refuted by observing that the miners will be mining whether NEM joins a multipool or not...

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:43:19 PM

Actually ,I was thinking along the same lines as this too. We want NEM to be green always but overall change in types of cryptocurrencies will be gradual probably. We need to dictate the pace and not hope !!!! Enforce our views from a position of strength!!!!
       Pow will implode eventually, we would just be helping it along the way. I do agree with Pat though. It should never be endorsed by NEM. Some of the Guys should just get together and do it on the quiet. as long as the goal is achieved.Also if people are swayed to join NEM sooner because of its success then it will break the pow crypto backs.
         you gotta be cruel to be kind in the right manner.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

This has been discussed before. There some issues i see

1 > The green part of NEM is very important why *page 1*
2 > You are talking about market manipulation > however small no thanks.  Huh

There is nothing stopping you from forming a group of miners and making a pool and using gained funds as you see fit.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:58:14 PM

I'm very excited about NEMs greenness. I doubt I would support this project otherwise. And while it might sound strange, if I'm able to sell NEM and make some money, I'm probably going to buy a miner or at least a top of the line graphics card. The best way to stop wasteful mining is from within.  Sooner or later miners will say, "if you can't beat them, join them," but to make that happen I say, "join them TO beat them."

I agree though we should go at it solo and this not be an official part of NEM.  Nxt tried to make mining pools and they were DOS attacked among other things.

TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:06:05 PM

Is it probably wise to assume the alpha client won't be released in the next week? Should I change estimates in the F.A.Q. to the first half of May?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
wegsturm

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

I'm very excited about NEMs greenness. I doubt I would support this project otherwise. And while it might sound strange, if I'm able to sell NEM and make some money, I'm probably going to buy a miner or at least a top of the line graphics card. The best way to stop wasteful mining is from within.  Sooner or later miners will say, "if you can't beat them, join them," but to make that happen I say, "join them TO beat them."
Sorry dude, but that post makes absolutely no sense at all ^^

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:15:26 AM

Sorry dude, but that post makes absolutely no sense at all ^^

LOL, I must say I had some difficulty deciphering it too.

j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:44:18 AM

Is it probably wise to assume the alpha client won't be released in the next week? Should I change estimates in the F.A.Q. to the first half of May?

Yes, if it's not going to reach Alpha state by next week then you should change it.

How long until someone comes complaining that it's not fair, that it was supposed to be late April. As if Nem is a finished product and it's just a matter of deciding when to release the Alpha. Or as if it's a matter of snapping your fingers.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: